Fauci Dismisses Science From Mayo Clinic

Covid evolves quickly. We will never get a handle on it if we sit here waiting for peer reviewed hard science. That type of science is already months and years old by the time it comes out and is no longer applicable because things have changed. You can't fight Covid by waiting months and years for the hard science.

Example: Most everyone could figure out that the virus was spreading by aerosols early on and yet we had to wait months for that hard science. Meanwhile, we were told that it isn't spread by aerosols and that we didn't need masks because that was the "hard science" while even the simple minded could tell that that was not true. Covid spread around the world like a wildfire while we sat with our thumbs up our asses waiting for the hard science. By then it was too late. Several studies have shown that Delta is spreading by the vaccinated just as much as it is by the unvaccinated and that the vaccines are not stopping the spread of Delta. Again, while we and Fauci sit around with our thumbs up our asses waiting for this hard science to come out the virus spreads.
If you know so damn much why are you wasting yer life on a message board?

This kinda enforces the idea that Fauci is compromised. This isn't a Fox News study, it's a Mayo Clinic study.

Right now I trust Fox News as much as Fauci.
i really don't trust media period. both sides are in full bullshit mode to get clicks and revenue.

there are a few reporters i trust, but far too many headlines are like in here hateful and full of insults. that's not news, that's an attack.

so sick of it.

Are you unfamiliar with how things are done in the world of science?

Fauci doesn’t recognize a lot of settled science. According to him naturally acquired immunity isn’t a thing. But somehow vaccine immunity is(even though vaccines rely on the bodies own natural immune systems). He doesn’t recognize that masks don’t work for airborne respiratory viruses, even though before COVID it’s been tested over, and over, and over with the same results of masks don’t work for airborne viruses. He also doesn’t recognize outpatient treatment at the onset of symptoms as a thing. Apparently we collectively forgot how to treat inflammation and cytokine storms. Instead it’s go back home with no meds, and only come back in when you’re on deaths bed, then we’ll give you treatments that are too late to use. He also doesn’t recognize that no, this is not the first airborne respiratory virus, out of the trillions of viruses that came before it, where it’s spread asymptomatically. I mean all the data is there, but I guess fauci just doesn’t have time to look at it, huh?
ABBOTT AND COSTELLO’S ‘WHO’S ON FIRST’ updated version ...

Bud: ‘You can’t come in here!’
Lou: ‘Why not?’
Bud: ‘Well because you’re unvaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But I’m not sick.’
Bud: ‘It doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘Well, why does that guy get to go in?’
Bud: ‘Because he’s vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But he’s sick!’
Bud: ‘It’s alright. Everyone in here is vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘Wait a minute. Are you saying everyone in there is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Yes.’
Lou: ‘So then why can’t I go in there if everyone is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Because you’ll make them sick.’
Lou: ‘How will I make them sick if I’m NOT sick and they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Because you’re unvaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘But they can still get sick.’
Lou: ‘So what the heck does the vaccine do?’
Bud: ‘It vaccinates.’
Lou: ‘So vaccinated people can’t spread covid?’
Bud: ‘Oh no. They can spread covid just as easily as an unvaccinated person.’
Lou: ‘I don’t even know what I’m saying anymore. Look, I’m not sick.’
Bud: ‘Ok.’
Lou: ‘And the guy you let in IS sick.’
Bud: ‘That’s right.’
Lou: ‘And everybody in there can still get sick even though they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Certainly.’
Lou: ‘So why can’t I go in again?’
Lou: ‘I’m not asking who’s vaccinated or not!’
Bud: ‘I’m just telling you how it is.’
Lou: ‘Nevermind. I’ll just put on my mask.’
Bud: ‘That’s fine.’
Lou: ‘Now I can go in?’
Bud: ‘Absolutely not.’
Lou: ‘But I have a mask!’
Bud: ‘Doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘I was able to come in here yesterday with a mask.’
Bud: ‘I know.’
Lou: ‘So why can’t I come in here today with a mask? ... If you say ‘because I’m unvaccinated’ again, I’ll break your arm.’
Bud: ‘Take it easy buddy.’
Lou: ‘So the mask is no good anymore.’
Bud: ‘No, it’s still good.’
Lou: ‘But I can’t come in?’
Bud: ‘Correct.’
Lou: ‘But the mask prevents the germs from getting out.’
Bud: ‘Yes, but people can still catch your germs.’
Lou: ‘But they’re all vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Yes, but they can still get sick.’
Lou: ‘But I’m not sick!!’
Bud: ‘You can still get them sick.’
Lou: ‘So then masks don’t work!’
Bud: ‘Masks work quite well.’
Lou: ‘So how in the heck can I get vaccinated people sick if I’m not sick and masks work?’
Bud: ‘Third base.

Covid evolves quickly. We will never get a handle on it if we sit here waiting for peer reviewed hard science. That type of science is already months and years old by the time it comes out and is no longer applicable because things have changed. You can't fight Covid by waiting months and years for the hard science.

Example: Most everyone could figure out that the virus was spreading by aerosols early on and yet we had to wait months for that hard science. Meanwhile, we were told that it isn't spread by aerosols and that we didn't need masks because that was the "hard science" while even the simple minded could tell that that was not true. Covid spread around the world like a wildfire while we sat with our thumbs up our asses waiting for the hard science. By then it was too late, so just blame it all on Trump.

Several studies have shown that Delta is spreading by the vaccinated just as much as it is by the unvaccinated and that the vaccines are not stopping the spread of Delta. Again, while we and Fauci sit around with our thumbs up our asses waiting for this hard science to come out the virus spreads and that is exactly what we are doing and then we blame the spread on the unvaccinated when, in reality, the vaccinated are spreading it just as much because the vaccines are not as effective as fighting Delta as they were the original strains. But, let's sit around doing nothing, waiting for the hard science to tell us what the Mayo Clinic already found out.
please, there is no method of preventing virus spread, to think otherwise you're just ignorant. Herd immunity with avoidance of others is all one can do. So you all stay at home that feel threatened. Why do you think for you to go out I need to inject myself? stay home. I'm not at all afraid of the virus. Viruses have been around my entire life.

ABBOTT AND COSTELLO’S ‘WHO’S ON FIRST’ updated version ...

Bud: ‘You can’t come in here!’
Bud: ‘Well because you’re unvaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But I’m not sick.’
Bud: ‘It doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘Well, why does that guy get to go in?’
Bud: ‘Because he’s vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But he’s sick!’
Bud: ‘It’s alright. Everyone in here is vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘Wait a minute. Are you saying everyone in there is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Yes.’
Lou: ‘So then why can’t I go in there if everyone is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Because you’ll make them sick.’
Lou: ‘How will I make them sick if I’m NOT sick and they’re vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘But they can still get sick.’
Lou: ‘So what the heck does the vaccine do?’
Bud: ‘It vaccinates.’
Lou: ‘So vaccinated people can’t spread covid?’
Bud: ‘Oh no. They can spread covid just as easily as an unvaccinated person.’
Lou: ‘I don’t even know what I’m saying anymore. Look, I’m not sick.’
Bud: ‘Ok.’
Lou: ‘And the guy you let in IS sick.’
Bud: ‘That’s right.’
Lou: ‘And everybody in there can still get sick even though they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Certainly.’
Lou: ‘So why can’t I go in again?’
Lou: ‘I’m not asking who’s vaccinated or not!’
Bud: ‘I’m just telling you how it is.’
Lou: ‘Nevermind. I’ll just put on my mask.’
Bud: ‘That’s fine.’
Lou: ‘Now I can go in?’
Bud: ‘Absolutely not.’
Lou: ‘But I have a mask!’
Bud: ‘Doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘I was able to come in here yesterday with a mask.’
Bud: ‘I know.’
Lou: ‘So why can’t I come in here today with a mask? ... If you say ‘because I’m unvaccinated’ again, I’ll break your arm.’
Bud: ‘Take it easy buddy.’
Lou: ‘So the mask is no good anymore.’
Bud: ‘No, it’s still good.’
Lou: ‘But I can’t come in?’
Bud: ‘Correct.’
Lou: ‘But the mask prevents the germs from getting out.’
Bud: ‘Yes, but people can still catch your germs.’
Lou: ‘But they’re all vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Yes, but they can still get sick.’
Lou: ‘But I’m not sick!!’
Bud: ‘You can still get them sick.’
Lou: ‘So then masks don’t work!’
Bud: ‘Masks work quite well.’
Lou: ‘So how in the heck can I get vaccinated people sick if I’m not sick and masks work?’
Bud: ‘Third base.
outstanding.

Are you unfamiliar with how things are done in the world of science?

"That study … is a pre-print study, it hasn’t been fully peer-reviewed," Fauci said

Just about every study publsihed about covid doesn't meet peer review....

They refuse to get data in anything approaching the gold standard

Fauci can't just pick and choose when he wants to peer review. lol

Neither our studies on cloth masks or the vaccines preventing spread would pass peer review. And we acted on those ideas. Why not this one? lol

Example: Most everyone could figure out that the virus was spreading by aerosols early on and yet we had to wait months for that hard science. Meanwhile, we were told that it isn't spread by aerosols and that we didn't need masks because that was the "hard science" while even the simple minded could tell that that was not true. Covid spread around the world like a wildfire while we sat with our thumbs up our asses waiting for the hard science. By then it was too late, so just blame it all on Trump.

Several studies have shown that Delta is spreading by the vaccinated just as much as it is by the unvaccinated and that the vaccines are not stopping the spread of Delta. Again, while we and Fauci sit around with our thumbs up our asses waiting for this hard science to come out the virus spreads and that is exactly what we are doing and then we blame the spread on the unvaccinated when, in reality, the vaccinated are spreading it just as much because the vaccines are not as effective as fighting Delta as they were the original strains. But, let's sit around doing nothing, waiting for the hard science to tell us what the Mayo Clinic already found out.

Actually evolution is very slow.
These variants likely are not new, but just being selected for and becoming more prominent.
And it is taking over a year and a half for it to happen, which is an incredibly LONG time in terms of epidemics.
Most epidemics in all of history only last a month or 2.

But I agree that the CDC has so consistently been wrong, that likely we should stop listening to them.
Anyone studying epidemics knows we should have been accelerating the spread among those least likely to be harmed by it, in order to get it over as quickly as possible.
Who ever supports "flattening the curve" obviously does not know anything about epidemics, or has a secret agenda.

He was not saying how much he knows, but how wrong the CDC has been.
While hindsight is always a lot easier, the CDC should have known better from just studying history.
It does not take any expertise to see that "flattening the curve" is idiotic.

Just saying, Covid evolves quickly while science evolves really slowly. That makes for a pandemic if you just put your thumbs up your ass while waiting for the hard science. The evidence is right in front of your noses if you would just open your eyes instead of waiting months and years for the hard science.

please, there is no method of preventing virus spread, to think otherwise you're just ignorant. Herd immunity with avoidance of others is all one can do. So you all stay at home that feel threatened. Why do you think for you to go out I need to inject myself? stay home. I'm not at all afraid of the virus. Viruses have been around my entire life.
You are half right. There is no way to prevent the spread of Covid. But, the vaccinations are more than proven to prevent deaths and hospitalizations. Both the left and the right go to the extremes on this issue.

Just saying, Covid evolves quickly while science evolves really slowly. That makes for a pandemic if you just put your thumbs up your ass while waiting for the hard science. The evidence is right in front of your noses if you would just open your eyes instead of waiting months and years for the hard science.

Epidemics are geometric, with an increase ever 12 days based on the R0 = 2 value.
Geometric means you have the increasing series, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, etc.
So time is always of the essence.
Anyone suggesting we give an epidemic more time, by "flattening the curve", should be lined up and shot, because not only is an epidemic going to get worse by increased spread when you "flatten the curve", but the circles of contact also widen to the point spread becomes impossible to stop, from the geographical spread.

You are half right. There is no way to prevent the spread of Covid. But, the vaccinations are more than proven to prevent deaths and hospitalizations. Both the left and the right go to the extremes on this issue.

That is true with good vaccines that actually contain dead viruses, but not true of these fake vaccines that only contain the spike protein.
They run too many side effect risks and likely will quickly lose any beneficial effect.

Herd immunity is the only tried and true method we can be sure of, and it is also the fastest, being able to end any epidemic on a month or less.
All you have to do is deliberately infect volunteers under 40 who are not compromised, and you cut Fauci's 2.4 million death estimate by a factor of 400.
And accepting 6,000 deaths last March would have meant saving over 550,000 lives.

Forum List

Back