Fbi Report Ends Nra Nonsense About "good Guys With Guns"

I am a sheriff's auxiliary volunteer. I can tell you that, on the streets, cops aer more afraid of citizens carrying a gun, than bad guys carrying a gun, because deputies are scared of shooting a citizen who is shooting a gun while chasing a bad guy who just held him up. As a result, what would otherwise be a slam dunk (shooting somebody to death who is firing a weapon at somebody) is, instead, a life or death decision, which can easily cause a hesitation that could get the wrong guy killed.

Imagine being the cop who shot the guy looking to buy a toy gun in walmart. For that matter, how about the guy who called the cops, saying the guy was "menacing" shoppers. He has since recanted but he should be culpable for that man's death.

And this could have turned out very differently:
Its Post #125
http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/the-responsible-gun-owner-chroniceles.369021/page-2

But, yeah, if everyone has a gun, how do you tell the good guys from the bad guys? Its hard enough if you've killed the bad guy but how does the cop live with shooting the wrong person?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"how do you tell the good guys from the bad guys?"

pretty simple, good guys hold their gun upright, bad guys hold their gun sideways :lmao: ... :lmao:

Well, Gee, Anathema, I will refund my entire salary to you. However, you might be disappointed, because I serve for free as a volunteer....

You're a volunteer and you don't even carry a gun. Hell, George Zimmerman is a more effective LEO than you are.

It is both my Right and my Responsibility to protect myself, my wife, and our property. I'm not waiting for a cop to show up to save my ass or get my property back. That's an utter waste. Much moreso than not only protecting myself and my property, but removing the criminal from the gene pool on a permanent basis.... something else the Law Enforcement and Legal communities seem to be unable to do.

Cool. A REAL shooter. How many criminals have you shot and killed?
You and that fake former prosecutor speed shooter must be the only ones that have shot criminals. Do tell all. Oh the rush,. the sense of satisfaction you all must have felt. Share.

Hey, finally in a city close to me, an open carry fan stopped a robbery in progress at a Circle K store.
Drew down on the robber and told him to get the fuck out of the store. Why in the fuck did the guy do that? The robber went down the street and robbed ANOTHER store. WTF?

Well, Gee, Anathema, I will refund my entire salary to you. However, you might be disappointed, because I serve for free as a volunteer....

You're a volunteer and you don't even carry a gun. Hell, George Zimmerman is a more effective LEO than you are.

It is both my Right and my Responsibility to protect myself, my wife, and our property. I'm not waiting for a cop to show up to save my ass or get my property back. That's an utter waste. Much moreso than not only protecting myself and my property, but removing the criminal from the gene pool on a permanent basis.... something else the Law Enforcement and Legal communities seem to be unable to do.

Again- a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.

More kellerdouche from the JoeDouche.

New FBI Report Casts Doubt on NRA s Good Guy Stops Bad Guy Nonsense Mike Weisser

"I'm referring to a report on active shooting incidents just released by the FBI which analyzed 160 "active shootings" resulting in injuries to 1,043 victims, including 486 deaths, between 2000 and 2013.
(snip)

Here's how these incidents ended. More than half (56 percent) were terminated by the shooter who either took his or her own life, simply stopped shooting or fled the scene. Another 26 percent ended in the traditional Hollywood-like fashion with the shooter and law enforcement personnel exchanging gunfire and in nearly all of those situations the shooter ended up either wounded or dead. In 13 percent of the shooting situations, the shooter was successfully disarmed and restrained by unarmed civilians, and in 3 percent of the incidents the shooter was confronted by armed civilians, of whom four were on-duty security guards and one person was just your average "good guy" who happened to be carrying a gun."

And the low-occurence isn't maybe due to FBI cherry-picking which incidents to use in the report? This Moore, Ok guy was shot down by a co-worker who was armed. A 'good guy with a gun' if you like.

The old Texas campus bell-tower sniper was fired on by multiple citizens with guns. Though eventually brought down by police proper, he was likely mitigated to some extent by continuous civilian gunfire.

I am a sheriff's auxiliary volunteer. I can tell you that, on the streets, cops aer more afraid of citizens carrying a gun, than bad guys carrying a gun, because deputies are scared of shooting a citizen who is shooting a gun while chasing a bad guy who just held him up. As a result, what would otherwise be a slam dunk (shooting somebody to death who is firing a weapon at somebody) is, instead, a life or death decision, which can easily cause a hesitation that could get the wrong guy killed.
You are a terrible liar. Don't quit your day job.....IF you actually have one

Grandpa, not only am I not a liar (I certainly would not bother to be one to impress anyone on this board), but I will not tolerate a discussion with anyone who calls me one. Welcome to "ignore list", asshole.....
>>>>>>>>>
COWARD !! only idiot fools put other posters on "ignore", it's just a fucking internet forum, NOT real life, where it will actually hurt you, reconsider your decision, and stay informed. :up:

Art Vandalay is quite amusing asking others what they did for their community as compared to him. Going on "ride alongs" with cops & fetching them coffee doesn't exactly count as community service imo.

Again- a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.
>>>>>>>>>>>

:bsflag: ..... :disagree: ........... :trolls: ....... :up_yours: ................ :fu: .............. :ahole-1:

why do you continue to post that absolute LIE !

The nutters try to hide behind name calling but they can't.

guns_in_home_zps659f416a.gif

New FBI Report Casts Doubt on NRA s Good Guy Stops Bad Guy Nonsense Mike Weisser

"I'm referring to a report on active shooting incidents just released by the FBI which analyzed 160 "active shootings" resulting in injuries to 1,043 victims, including 486 deaths, between 2000 and 2013.
(snip)

Here's how these incidents ended. More than half (56 percent) were terminated by the shooter who either took his or her own life, simply stopped shooting or fled the scene. Another 26 percent ended in the traditional Hollywood-like fashion with the shooter and law enforcement personnel exchanging gunfire and in nearly all of those situations the shooter ended up either wounded or dead. In 13 percent of the shooting situations, the shooter was successfully disarmed and restrained by unarmed civilians, and in 3 percent of the incidents the shooter was confronted by armed civilians, of whom four were on-duty security guards and one person was just your average "good guy" who happened to be carrying a gun."

And the low-occurence isn't maybe due to FBI cherry-picking which incidents to use in the report? This Moore, Ok guy was shot down by a co-worker who was armed. A 'good guy with a gun' if you like.

For the gazillionth time, he was shot by off-cuty law enforcement who also worked there.

How much does having a lawnmower in the house increase the chance of being killed by a lawnmower? How much does having a chainsaw in the house increase the chance of being killed by a chainsaw?

Plus, multiply a small number, as you have with the chance of your own gun killing you, by 5, 6 or even 10, and you get......another very small number.

When your side has to lie to prove your point, don't you feel even a slight bit of shame?

(snip)

For the gazillionth time, he was shot by off-cuty law enforcement who also worked there.

The key is "off-duty." In your world even he would be disarmed.

I am a sheriff's auxiliary volunteer. I can tell you that, on the streets, cops aer more afraid of citizens carrying a gun, than bad guys carrying a gun,
I've been a member on a cop forum for 10 years, it's been my primary forum to read and participate in. The cops come from all over, some over seas, big city, small, sheriffs, detectives, etc. I can say with 100% certainty that you are full of shit. Just because they let you fetch coffee it doesn't make you an expert on what they think. Anyone can check out for themselves, they don't need to take my word for it.

You're such and idiot.

Rocks,
Here is AZ, you do not have to get a license to carry a concealed weapon, but some idiots do it anyway, thinking that this gives them the right to carry in other states as well. Nevada used to recognize AZ CCW licenses, but not anymore, because there is virtually no training involved. In fact, they do not even go to the range or handle a gun to get the CCW license. In fact, they do not even have to know how to operate the safety device.

I see all too many people buying guns that have that kind of knowledge of them. I use tools for a living. At our company, no one gets to use a tool without training on it. Forklifts, power tools, ect. Yet we have people out there buying assualt weapons with no knowledge of the damage or dangers of those weapons. And, almost weekly, we see in just this one state, children getting hold of guns left out, and killing or injuring other children. Yet the gun nuts expect us to ignore all of that. Next year, if trends continue, there will be more people killed in this nation by guns than by auto accidents.

So tell me.. You say people are out there buying "Assault" rifles without training... What is the difference between an "Assault" rifle and standard hunting rifle that requires extra training to use?

So...it is better to be defenseless.

Tell that to the millions of honest law abiding Americans living in high crime areas. I am certain they will dissuade you of this foolish propaganda.

Rocks,
Here is AZ, you do not have to get a license to carry a concealed weapon, but some idiots do it anyway, thinking that this gives them the right to carry in other states as well. Nevada used to recognize AZ CCW licenses, but not anymore, because there is virtually no training involved. In fact, they do not even go to the range or handle a gun to get the CCW license. In fact, they do not even have to know how to operate the safety device.
And you've met them all so you know this for a fact huh? There's no training here either since it's a shall issue state and we aren't having a problem. So either reality is wrong or you are clueless.

Forum List

Back