Fear And Frustration Over EPA Move To Kill Chemical-Disaster Protections

Name one "disaster" where these regulations would have saved a single life.

Obama was elected in 2008, regulations to avoid that would have saved lives.
His regulations wouldn't have avoided it. moron. That's what I just explained to you. Manganese isn't a toxic chemical. It's a metal. In fact, it's not even flamable.
Until you douse it with water.
Hmmmm, no. Manganese doesn't burst into flame on contact with water, especially not when it's in ingot form.

It takes a shitload of heat to get manganese to burn in ingot form but it will burn quite easily when in the form of shavings.
When you machine it you're required to have the proper fire extinguishers on hand.
We use to ball up the shavings and put a lighter to em and throw em.
Looked like a shooting star it burned so bright.
The story claims the manganese burst into flame the minute water was sprayed on it. That doesn't jib with the known characteristics of manganese.

Obama was elected in 2008, regulations to avoid that would have saved lives.
His regulations wouldn't have avoided it. moron. That's what I just explained to you. Manganese isn't a toxic chemical. It's a metal. In fact, it's not even flamable.
Hmmmm, no. Manganese doesn't burst into flame on contact with water, especially not when it's in ingot form.

It takes a shitload of heat to get manganese to burn in ingot form but it will burn quite easily when in the form of shavings.
When you machine it you're required to have the proper fire extinguishers on hand.

I remember a home hobby machinist who set his manual lathe on fire turning an alloy with manganese in it, may have been titanium.

Are you sure it wasn't Magnesium? Manganese is used as an alloy in steel. I'm not aware of anything that's made from pure manganese. On the other hand, Magnesium is quite flammable and will burst into flame if it gets too hot.

I remember a home hobby machinist who set his manual lathe on fire turning an alloy with manganese in it, may have been titanium.

Are you sure it wasn't Magnesium? Manganese is used as an alloy in steel. I'm not aware of anything that's made from pure manganese. On the other hand, Magnesium is quite flammable and will burst into flame if it gets too hot.

Cant remember exactly what vehicle it was from but I had a buddy who worked for Toyota and he'd bring chunks off of rims that were made of magnesium and we'd toss em in the fire.
Those things burned with a white hot intensity.

The guy was turning artistic pieces in titanium so I'm pretty sure it was a titanium alloy he was unaware though it contained manganese.

The guy was turning artistic pieces in titanium so I'm pretty sure it was a titanium alloy he was unaware though it contained manganese.
Manganese is commonly used in stainless steel, which doesn't burst into flame when machined. I don't know why anyone would want to make a sculpture from Titanium, much less allow it with Manganese

Titanium will burn when it's in the form of fine shavings.
Just not as easily as magnesium.

Manganese is commonly used in stainless steel, which doesn't burst into flame when machined. I don't know why anyone would want to make a sculpture from Titanium, much less allow it with Manganese

I think he was turning flashlight housings or something, he posted a picture of his lathe the bed was charred black below the chuck. The guy was a talented turner his stuff looked awesome, and he kept his lathe pristinely clean and nice looking until the fire so he was not happy lol.

Titanium will burn when it's in the form of fine shavings.
Just not as easily as magnesium.

Oh say maybe it was a titanium fire then.

Forum List

Back