Fed gov't set to sue FL over voter purge

And is someone walking up to you with a clipboard some sort of international sign language for registering to vote? I didn't know that.
All I'm saying is that it seems to be quite a stretch for someone to mistakingly registering to vote (by thinking it's part of the DMV process), after they concluded their business and left the DMV.

Actually, its not at all uncommon for someone to mistakenly register to vote while at the DMV. Every election I get calls from people who didn't realize that they moved their voter registration when they registered their boat at their lake house or some such thing.

They are not. They are following the law and enforcing the proper safeguards for eligible voters.

Read the letter.

:lol:
Didn't read it eh? Figures. You do understand that the only thing any legal entity, like a state government, can do to prevent people from being wrongly removed from the rolls is to follow the law as it is laid out. Since they are doing just that, you have nothing.

Unless you want to produce eye witnesses to State department employees just dropping names at a whim.

go ahead. I'll not wait up.

Dont need eyewitnesses. The law says they cant do it within 90 days. The law was broken. You're a funny guy, do you think the letter from the accused is going to say anything but "we're not guilty"? :lol:

See the DOJ cited laws, you cite a letter. You dont believe the DOJ because anyone can accuse but you believe the letter because apparently no one can deny. Admit it, you just want to believe the letter and your standard of proof drops greatly for Florida. Election officials, the DOJ, the law all of them are wrong no matter what. The purge it right! :cuckoo:

Actually, its not at all uncommon for someone to mistakenly register to vote while at the DMV. Every election I get calls from people who didn't realize that they moved their voter registration when they registered their boat at their lake house or some such thing.
Yeah, but those people were already registered.

Yeah, but those people were already registered.

And English is their native language.

If someone who speaks the language can accidentally move their registration its hard to believe someone who doesn't speak the language might accidentally register.

And is someone walking up to you with a clipboard some sort of international sign language for registering to vote? I didn't know that.
All I'm saying is that it seems to be quite a stretch for someone to mistakingly registering to vote (by thinking it's part of the DMV process), after they concluded their business and left the DMV.

So they dont read the paperwork? How do you know you're not registering to vote? I've never had an issue while getting a license.

Governor Skeletor doesn't want to stop his purge, but he can't find a county registrar that will do it...even among Republicans.

I can understand why they might feel coerced into following the Fed's edict to cease and desist. It would not be the first time the Fed used threats and coercion to force a state to comply with federal demands:

TSA Threatens To Cancel All Flights Out Of Texas If 'Groping Bill' Passed - Forbes

Time for Texas Airports to go private Security.

Governor Skeletor doesn't want to stop his purge, but he can't find a county registrar that will do it...even among Republicans.

I can understand why they might feel coerced into following the Fed's edict to cease and desist. It would not be the first time the Fed used threats and coercion to force a state to comply with federal demands:

TSA Threatens To Cancel All Flights Out Of Texas If 'Groping Bill' Passed - Forbes

I believe that was part of their proposition before the Fed decided to threaten to close the airspace.

Didn't read it eh? Figures. You do understand that the only thing any legal entity, like a state government, can do to prevent people from being wrongly removed from the rolls is to follow the law as it is laid out. Since they are doing just that, you have nothing.

Unless you want to produce eye witnesses to State department employees just dropping names at a whim.

go ahead. I'll not wait up.

Dont need eyewitnesses. The law says they cant do it within 90 days. The law was broken. You're a funny guy, do you think the letter from the accused is going to say anything but "we're not guilty"? :lol:

See the DOJ cited laws, you cite a letter. You dont believe the DOJ because anyone can accuse but you believe the letter because apparently no one can deny. Admit it, you just want to believe the letter and your standard of proof drops greatly for Florida. Election officials, the DOJ, the law all of them are wrong no matter what. The purge it right! :cuckoo:
Still don't grasp the issue, I see. If you had read the position paper by the State, you will see that if judgement goes against them, they will simply continue on the other side of the election by filing charges against people who cast votes knowing they were not eligible to be registered but went ahead with their felony act anyway. Then their vote will be removed from the overall count.

Of course, when a judge rules in their favor for the obstruction, it will be just another criminal charge that will be filed against those in the Justice Department when they leave the protection of their office.

The position letter by the State of Florida outlined the pertinent laws, how they were implemented, and how it authorizes Florida, actually compels them, to safeguard the citizens and their votes.

I believe that was part of their proposition before the Fed decided to threaten to close the airspace.
:eusa_shhh:

I dont know why more places dont. I think any airport can opt out of TSA and hire private security. I think San Fran did so. Their results are far better.
Feds give Orlando Sanford International Airport permission to seek bids from private security companies

I dont know why more places dont. I think any airport can opt out of TSA and hire private security. I think San Fran did so. Their results are far better.
Feds give Orlando Sanford International Airport permission to seek bids from private security companies

The Government thinks security means violation of every nook and cranny of our bodies.

Good article BTW.

I prefer Israel's method of profiling.

And what does it say about the 90 violation? You keeP changing it to if the state should protect voters when I'm speaking about the 90 law. Where's that part?

Last edited:

Nice Strawman that has nothing to do with the topic. The Elections Officials do not wish to purge their voters because the list is flawed not because the DOJ is opposed.

So they dont read the paperwork? How do you know you're not registering to vote? I've never had an issue while getting a license.

Well Bravo to you. It happens in CA all the time. There is a checkbox on CA DMV apps to update your voter reg and people mistakenly check it all the time here.

I just spent the last two days calling these voters because they voted provisionally in this last election.

Nice Strawman that has nothing to do with the topic. The Elections Officials do not wish to purge their voters because the list is flawed not because the DOJ is opposed.

Then the Feds should have sent their list when it was requested. They are required by law to do so..

Then the Feds should have sent their list when it was requested. They are required by law to do so..

Imagine Obama and Holder NOT complying with LAW?

Silly us to expect more out of them?

Well, they've just racked up another state in their lose column.. bravo for them..

Forum List

Back