Federal Court Shoots Down Concealed Carry in California

You lost. You can't back up your big mouth with facts. Call a day and try again tomorrow.
Claiming I lost doesnt make it so. Please provide some proof the 2nd protects the rights of private citizens to conceal carry.

Are you retarded? You made a claim. Now back it up.

Stupid liberals... Couldn't find their own ass even with Richard Simmons help.
I already backed it up. If I'm retarded then you must be brain dead. You still havent show me the language that says private citizens can carry concealed in the 2nd amendment. Stop stalling and show me.

Isn't that amazing ?

We are fucking FREE PEOPLE but goddamned federal judges are going to arbitrarily limit our right to life and to defend the same?

Under Saddam Iraqis had an absolute right to bear arms, including :assault" rifles , any size magazine. Without any restrictions.

Gun sales hit new record ahead of new Obama gun restrictions

I hope Americans will do the right thing with all those weapons if push comes to shove.
Hey it is what it is. I'm all for having guns but the 2nd amendment is pretty clear on this point Only people in the militia have a right to bear arms or even concealed weapons.

Shut the fuck up.

Dont get angry. Form a valid argument and use your intellect. I have faith you can do it. :laugh:

Fascist do NOT understand valid arguments.

The Mexican and Colombia drug cartels -- the blackmarket - have SATURATED the market place with their products.

And they will rise up to the occasion when the fascists finally deprive us of our right to defend our lives.

Long Live the blackmarket.

OK? :cuckoo:

Preview: The Heroin Epidemic
"We're not going to arrest our way out of this problem," says Ohio AG Mike DeWine on his state's heroin epidemic

Heads, we win, Tails, you lose.

dont kid yourself the leftists are after all guns

DNC Platform Committee Member Doesn’t Think “Anyone Should Have A Gun”

I truly wish we could have courageous legislatures to throw out all laws and start over with well thought out laws that protects gun owners and soothe the nerves of non gun owners. It won't happen but I like to dream.

A divided federal appeals court in California ruled Thursday that there is no constitutional right to carry a concealed handgun, adding to a division among the lower courts on gun rights outside the home.

By a vote of 7-4, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco upheld a California law that requires gun owners to show a good reason before they can get a license to carry a concealed handgun.

"The protection of the Second Amendment — whatever the scope of that protection may be — simply does not extend to the carrying of concealed firearms in public by members of the general public."

The court declined to say whether the Constitution protects openly carrying a gun in public. It said that question was not at issue in the case.

Gun owners in two California counties challenged the requirement that they show "good cause," as defined by county sheriffs, before they could get concealed carry permits.

Thursday's majority opinion traced the rights of gun owners from medieval England to the founding of the United States and through the Civil War, finding that local laws almost universally prohibited carrying concealed firearms in public. Appeals Court Says No Right to Concealed Gun Carry
The solution is simple. People should just open carry, everywhere they go. Let's get that going today.

It doesnt state in the 2nd amendment you have a right to have a concealed weapon.
You have a right to BEAR arms, and concealed carry is merely a polite way of doing so.

If you want Open Carry across the country, thats fine by me. I used to do it all the time.
You dont even have a right to bear arms unless you are part of the militia.

In most states, everyone is part of the militia.
Nope. Show me even one example of that.

Here you go, dippy.

RCW 38.04.030: Composition of the militia.

Question for conservatives subscribing to this thread:

Why do you continue to lie about the ruling when there is a link to the actual ruling in this very thread, a ruling that acknowledges the fact that California residents do indeed lawfully carry concealed firearms, and that the ruling is consistent with current Second Amendment jurisprudence, where neither Heller/McDonald nor its subsequent case law has held that there is a right to carry a concealed firearm.

One is at liberty to take issue with the provision of California concealed carry law as to ‘good cause’ being a condition upon which a license is issued, but the court’s upholding of the condition is not in conflict with the Second Amendment given the fact the Supreme Court has never ruled on the issue.

Last, we once again see the hypocrisy common to most on the right, where their unwarranted hostility toward the ruling exhibits conservatives’ advocacy of ‘judicial activism,’ wishing to see ‘tyrants in black robes’ ignore the ‘will of the people’ and seeking to ‘legislate from the bench’ by striking down the ‘good cause’ provision.

Conservatives can’t have it both ways: if it’s the ‘will of the people’ to compel a woman to give birth against her will through force of law, then it’s likewise the ‘will of the people’ that one must show ‘good cause’ to carry a concealed firearm, where the Ninth Circuit has done exactly as conservatives have demanded of the judiciary: respect “states’ rights” and the ‘will of the people’ and leave their laws in place.

Such is the hypocrisy of the right.

Why do you continue to lie about the ruling when there is a link to the actual ruling in this very thread, a ruling that acknowledges the fact that California residents do indeed lawfully carry concealed firearms, and that the ruling is consistent with current Second Amendment jurisprudence, where neither Heller/McDonald nor its subsequent case law has held that there is a right to carry a concealed firearm.

One is at liberty to take issue with the provision of California concealed carry law as to ‘good cause’ being a condition upon which a license is issued, but the court’s upholding of the condition is not in conflict with the Second Amendment given the fact the Supreme Court has never ruled on the issue.

Last, we once again see the hypocrisy common to most on the right, where their unwarranted hostility toward the ruling exhibits conservatives’ advocacy of ‘judicial activism,’ wishing to see ‘tyrants in black robes’ ignore the ‘will of the people’ and seeking to ‘legislate from the bench’ by striking down the ‘good cause’ provision.

Conservatives can’t have it both ways: if it’s the ‘will of the people’ to compel a woman to give birth against her will through force of law, then it’s likewise the ‘will of the people’ that one must show ‘good cause’ to carry a concealed firearm, where the Ninth Circuit has done exactly as conservatives have demanded of the judiciary: respect “states’ rights” and the ‘will of the people’ and leave their laws in place.

That is a fallacy of legal and ethnical equivalent or some of the other bullshit you usually post as replies

Yeah, speaking of hypocrisy, stop pretending that the right is the only side that misconstrues and or lies or that accuses courts that issue rulings they don't like of being activist judges.

IOW stop being a partisan jackass.

As for this ruling, let me ask you this. Would you be okay with a law that allowed county sherrifs to decide on a case by case basis who is eligible to vote, and who isn't? I'm going to go ahead and say no you aren't. Same god damned principle.

It doesnt state in the 2nd amendment you have a right to have a concealed weapon.
You have a right to BEAR arms, and concealed carry is merely a polite way of doing so.

If you want Open Carry across the country, thats fine by me. I used to do it all the time.

In most states, everyone is part of the militia.
Nope. Show me even one example of that.

Here you go, dippy.

RCW 38.04.030: Composition of the militia.
Are you sure Asslipias can read? I think he has an acquaintance that types shit for him and plays tricks on him by posting ridiculous asinine stupid stuff.

No matter how many times you and your sock regurgitates that, it is still bullshit.

No matter how many times you and your sock regurgitates that, it is still bullshit.

Does Asslipias have a fucking job of any kind?

I was guessing he was some kind of janitor at a roadside gas station somewhere out in Bumfuck Georgia.

But surely he wouldnt post such drivelingly stupid shit if he had any demands on his time at all.

I wouldn't thank you for having bad grammar. I would suggest you sue whomever taught you English. Actually, it is true. It doesn't matter if its a prefatory clause. It's integral to the meaning of the entire sentence. If they were meant to be separate thoughts, then they would have put a period and started a new sentence. Either the people who wrote it had terrible grammar, or they intended for the prefatory clause to set the stage for the operative clause. I will give you an example.

Dude, you really need to stop lobbing the hanging curveballs. Your post would have gotten a failing grade in even 5th-grade English class...the corrections are in bold.

The militia referred to int he Second Amendment is the unorganized militia, which is a way of referring to the man pool of all able bodied men who can serve the nation in a time of war or emergency. The courts have now established case law that makes the 2nd Amendment a personal right independent of the militia or ones status in it.

Whatever one may think of the Heller decision and judicial legislation, the fact is that the historical meaning of the 2nd amendment is always tied to the ability to serve in and be countable among the unorganized militia.

But the gun grabbing Marxist pukes will never be happy with that, and they will try their best to trim around the edges until nothing of much affect is left of the 2nd.
No. the militia is whatever congress decides it will be. Thats stated in the constitution.

Wow...tell me....when your mother dresses you does she need help because you are too stupid not to pull off your clothes and run outside naked? And when she spoon feeds you.......do you throw it around the kitchen.....?
He is an idiot and a troll, and he is yanking your chain.

Asslipias is best on ignore, IMO, but your mileage may vary.

I think he is a sock (or a second personality) for Joey.

Law, as with all language, is a living thing in that it is what the living use it for and as. The Constitution was written a long time ago. All the people involved are dead. We know what has changed and what is happening today, and we have to deal with it. We will either do that intelligently or not, but it will be done. Extremist stands are not going to be helpful.
Fearing one gentle old lady who expressed her opinion that the world would be better without guns is laughable. It is like she were wishing everyone would be nice and kind. Who wouldn't wish that? The evidence is that far too many are not nice and kind. One could still wish they would be.

Law, as with all language, is a living thing in that it is what the living use it for and as. The Constitution was written a long time ago. All the people involved are dead. We know what has changed and what is happening today, and we have to deal with it. We will either do that intelligently or not, but it will be done. Extremist stands are not going to be helpful.
Fearing one gentle old lady who expressed her opinion that the world would be better without guns is laughable. It is like she were wishing everyone would be nice and kind. Who wouldn't wish that? The evidence is that far too many are not nice and kind. One could still wish they would be.

No, the language of the law is carved into stone.

To change it without legislation is tyrannical.

Forum List

Back