Federal Court Strikes Down Texas Voter ID Law, Calling It A 'Poll Tax'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
WASHINGTON — A federal court in Texas struck down the Lone Star state’s voter ID law on Thursday, calling the measure an “unconstitutional poll tax” that creates “an unconstitutional burden on the right to vote” and was passed with the intent of purposefully discriminating against Hispanic and African-American citizens.

Federal Court Strikes Down Texas Voter ID Law Calling It A Poll Tax

Good. Texas seems to thrive on discrimination - especially against minorities and women.

Last edited:
I call it fucking stupid. When pushed to back the purpose of the law, Texas managed to find 2 cases of voter fraud that their law could have prevented.

In the last 10 years.

Remember, this is a state that's cool with a 4% innocence rate for the folks they execute. But they can't handle TWO instances of voter fraud in a decade?

I call bullshit.

Yay...Illegals get to vote!

So-called "illegals" should be allowed to vote in Texass - since Texass was stolen from Mexico.

SBmap.gif

The Hispanic Experience - Stolen Birthright

So-called "illegals" should be allowed to vote in Texass - since Texass was stolen from Mexico.

I think 'conquered' would be more accurate. And we've held the territory for far longer than they did.

Forum List

Back