Federal judge blocks TX "show your papers" law

Federal judge blocks Texas' tough 'sanctuary cities' law

I feel sorry for the Texas legislature, having had a setback in their efforts to dismantle the Bill of Rights of the US constitution....
/----/ Tell us how the Bill of Rights applies to illegals in our country.

Jesus Christ, do I have to teach 8th grade Civics to every RW nut on this board? The Bill of Rights applies to everyone on American soil UNTIL a court of law has ruled that a person is an illegal alien. Constitutionally, no one but a court of law can distinguish an illegal alien from an American citizen.
/----/
Illegal immigrants don’t share all of the rights held by citizens -- for example, they can’t vote in state and national elections.

And Fordham law professor Jennifer Gordon said that some undocumented immigrants get almost no due process in removal proceedings.

In 1996, Congress created expedited removal for undocumented immigrants without a hearing. Initially it only applied at the U.S. border. Then it was expanded to within 100 miles of a border for undocumented immigrants who had been in the country less than 14 days.

C ell, must you always post about things that you know nothing about? Nobody is an illegal immigrant until convicted in a court of law:

Detainees Sentenced in Seconds in ‘Streamline’ Justice on Border

As for that are apprehended close to the border without a trail, they can only do that if the detainee AGREES to it.

I feel sorry for the Texas legislature, having had a setback in their efforts to dismantle the Bill of Rights of the US constitution....
LEO asking for you to show legal Identification is a LEGAL and Lawful Order.

False. Only if a cop has probable cause. Why in the hell do you think Sheriff Joe was sentenced to 6 months in the slammer?

He wasn't, he could have been if it were not for the pardon. I think he would have beat in on appeal.

Vandal is a moron.

You don't have to charge Sheriff Joe with Contempt as the only way to charge him with anything if Sheriff Joe actually committed a crime. You charge him with the actual crime. The judge who heard Sheriff Joe's so called case, should be forcibly removed from The Bench.

Without probable cause, it is unconstitutional.

You lose.

Your full of it, if you are stopped by the cops for speeding they have every right to identify you. If all you have is an embassy matricula card you're probably an illegal.

Okie, don't give up your day job to practice law. The fact that they have clocked you speeding gives them the right to demand your ID. If you were not seen breaking any laws, they have no right to stop you.

JEEZ! Did they not offer 8th grade Civics classes in your Jr. High?

Nothing in SB4 authorizes anyone to stop someone just to check ID, it says they can determine immigration status during normal interactions like a traffic stop. Maybe you should quit making shit up.

It requires local authorities to enforce immigration law. The federal government can deputize local authorities to enforce immigration law however it is voluntary. They cannot force local authorities to enforce immigration law. That is what this bill does. They want powers that even the federal government wants.

The feds have nothing to do with this, the State is requiring local officials to cooperate with federal immigration officials. The State has every right to do that.

...and you claim that even though the feds shut down a similar operation in AZ, AND have blocked the Texas law. get out of the Nile, OK, there are crocodiles in there.

Jesus Christ, do I have to teach 8th grade Civics to every RW nut on this board? The Bill of Rights applies to everyone on American soil UNTIL a court of law has ruled that a person is an illegal alien. Constitutionally, no one but a court of law can distinguish an illegal alien from an American citizen.
/----/
Illegal immigrants don’t share all of the rights held by citizens -- for example, they can’t vote in state and national elections.

And Fordham law professor Jennifer Gordon said that some undocumented immigrants get almost no due process in removal proceedings.

In 1996, Congress created expedited removal for undocumented immigrants without a hearing. Initially it only applied at the U.S. border. Then it was expanded to within 100 miles of a border for undocumented immigrants who had been in the country less than 14 days.

C ell, must you always post about things that you know nothing about? Nobody is an illegal immigrant until convicted in a court of law:

As for that are apprehended close to the border without a trail, they can only do that if the detainee AGREES to it.

That's completely bullshit. So you aren't committing a traffic violation unless someone catches you doing it?
And you aren't a LIAR unless someone calls you on it?

This is the EVIL of SITUATIONAL ETHICS THE AMERICA HATING LEFT USES TO JUSTIFY THEIR SATANICAL IDEOLOGIES.

Their favorite?

"It's not gay if it happened in prison!"

Try crossing my property line or entering my house without my permission.

I FUCKING DARE YOU.

Without probable cause, it is unconstitutional.

You lose.

Your full of it, if you are stopped by the cops for speeding they have every right to identify you. If all you have is an embassy matricula card you're probably an illegal.

Okie, don't give up your day job to practice law. The fact that they have clocked you speeding gives them the right to demand your ID. If you were not seen breaking any laws, they have no right to stop you.

Nothing in SB4 authorizes anyone to stop someone just to check ID, it says they can determine immigration status during normal interactions like a traffic stop. Maybe you should quit making shit up.

OK, I honestly do not know why you are so dense. Homeschooling? You are walking down the street at midnight in a suburban neighborhood. You have brown skin, black hair, and brown eyes. A cop sees you, and asks you why you are in this neighborhood at this hour. You have done nothing wrong. You are suffering from insomnia, and took a walk. So far, your civil rights have not been violated. Under this Texas law, the cop can then demand that you produce proof of citizenship. Now, your civil rights have been violated. You don't have your wallet, and you don't carry around your birth certificate, so you tell the cop that you have no papers to show him. The cop detains you, takes you down to the station, and tells you that you must provide proof of citizenship. You have committed no crime, and the cop has no probable cause to question your citizenship, but your constitutional rights have just been violated.

Nice fantasy, the law authorizes no such thing. How about you provide a link to the portion of the law you claim does.

I submit exhibit #1, which is the federal court order blocking the Texas law.

False. Only if a cop has probable cause. Why in the hell do you think Sheriff Joe was sentenced to 6 months in the slammer?

He wasn't, he could have been if it were not for the pardon. I think he would have beat in on appeal.

Vandal is a moron.

You don't have to charge Sheriff Joe with Contempt as the only way to charge him with anything if Sheriff Joe actually committed a crime. You charge him with the actual crime. The judge who heard Sheriff Joe's so called case, should be forcibly removed from The Bench.

Well, by god, tree, if only those federal judges who have attained there law degrees, passed the bar, and spent their entire adult lives practicing law, were only as educated as you are!

Seriously, why the fuck do we need a Federal Government? What purpose does the Federal Government serve but its own?

All the Fed Gov does is take our tax dollars, ass-rape our sovereignty, and handcuff our local lawmakers while our State is overrun by foreign nationals attempting to reclaim the territory for Mexico. We would be better served paying the fucking Godfather to protect us. It certainly would be much cheaper.

/----/

That's completely bullshit. So you aren't committing a traffic violation unless someone catches you doing it?
And you aren't a LIAR unless someone calls you on it?

This is the EVIL of SITUATIONAL ETHICS THE AMERICA HATING LEFT USES TO JUSTIFY THEIR SATANICAL IDEOLOGIES.

Their favorite?

"It's not gay if it happened in prison!"

Try crossing my property line or entering my house without my permission.

I FUCKING DARE YOU.

OMG! Are you and the keyboard commandos going ballistic? Anything but that!!

Look, guys, as I already said, I am aware that the Right wants to repeal most of the Bill of Rights, but it just isn't going to happen. You will be shut down every time. get over it.

It requires local authorities to enforce immigration law. The federal government can deputize local authorities to enforce immigration law however it is voluntary. They cannot force local authorities to enforce immigration law. That is what this bill does. They want powers that even the federal government wants.

The feds have nothing to do with this, the State is requiring local officials to cooperate with federal immigration officials. The State has every right to do that.

...and you claim that even though the feds shut down a similar operation in AZ, AND have blocked the Texas law. get out of the Nile, OK, there are crocodiles in there.

The TX law was crafted to comply with the AZ ruling dummy.

Right, that's why so damned many of them are sitting in detention centers awaiting their day in court. LMAO

As my link pointed out, every undocumented suspect has the right to either plead guilty, and be deported, or stay in jail and await trial, after which, he will STILL be deported. The exception are those that are guilty of other crimes that are a felony, in which case, he is not offered the deportation option.

Vandal is a moron.

Well, by god, tree, if only those federal judges who have attained there law degrees, passed the bar, and spent their entire adult lives practicing law, were only as educated as you are!

Hitler was an educated man, so was Goebbels, and the Idiot Racist Democrat Judges who made the Dredd Scott Decision.

Obama is a Marxist Traitor to The United States, and populated our Courts with Scumbag Activist Judges that should be dragged out of court in to the streets, tarred and feathered and rode out on a rail.

Illegal Aliens do not come under the Jurisdiction of US Courts unless they violate Criminal Law. They are under The Jurisdiction of The Country of Origin, and this is why we do not have to even follow Due Process to Deport them.

Illegals cannot prove Legal Citizenship, and they do not have to commit any other crime to be detained & deported. The Left knows this and this is why they are trying to set precedent so that LEO cannot even ask an illegal for identification papers or proof of citizenship. Illegals are deported for violating immigration law. They can be imprisoned, serve a sentence and incarcerated for violation US Criminal Law as once they violate US CODE they then also come under the Jurisdiction of The US Criminal Justice System.

They are NOT UNDER OUR JURISDICTION, THEREFORE THEY HAVE TO BE DEPORTED TO THE NATION WHO HAS JURISDICTION OVER THEM, if all they do is violate Immigration Law!

We gain JURISDICTION OVER AN ILLEGAL WHEN HE VIOLATES US CODE other than IMMIGRATION LAW, then he is considered an ALIEN CRIMINAL and subject to THE PENALTIES of his Criminal Acts.

THE 14th AMENDMENT WHICH WAS WRITTEN SPECIFICALLY TO ADDRESS THE RIGHTS OF FORMER SLAVES TO BE CITIZENS, SPECIFICALLY ADDRESSES THIS.

The Fourteenth Amendment (Amendment XIV) to the United States Constitution was adopted on July 9, 1868, as one of the Reconstruction Amendments. The amendment addresses citizenship rights and equal protection of the laws and was proposed in response to issues related to former slaves following the American Civil War. The amendment was bitterly contested, particularly by the states of the defeated Confederacy, which were forced to ratify it in order to regain representation in Congress.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

In other words.

If you are in this country illegally, we do not have Jurisdiction over you as we would a citizen. Immigration Law and has jurisdiction over you but only for purposes of deporting you to your country of Origin which has full Legal Jurisdiction over you.

Slaves were in this country legally back then when Emancipation occurred, and the 14th was ratified, and were under the jurisdiction of US Courts, and children born to Naturalized Slaves in THE US became Citizens, just as their parents did due to Emancipation and the 14th Amendment reasserting their rights as free men and citizens.

Last edited:

Go to hell, these activist judges have got to go. This is a clear interference with States police powers. The State certifies every law enforcement agency and they can set any rule they wish in regards to cooperating with immigration. They don't like it, the State can decertify them and take over the police department and sheriffs offices that don't want to abide by the law. I haven't been able to find the written decision yet, I want to see what this asshole actually said.

So...you want to get rid of the third branch of government. Then what?

The TX law was crafted to comply with the AZ ruling dummy.

And the AZ law, in which the state tried to enforce federal law, was also shut down, dummy. And BTW, I live in AZ.

Idiotic statement...you can't operate in American society without a picture ID...anybody without one isn't an American or is too lazy to vote. If po Uncle Remus can't get his black ass into a motor vehicle office to get a state picture ID, he doesn't vote. Trump will have these Rat judges dealt with in short-order.

OK, I honestly do not know why you are so dense. Homeschooling? You are walking down the street at midnight in a suburban neighborhood. You have brown skin, black hair, and brown eyes. A cop sees you, and asks you why you are in this neighborhood at this hour. You have done nothing wrong. You are suffering from insomnia, and took a walk. So far, your civil rights have not been violated. Under this Texas law, the cop can then demand that you produce proof of citizenship. Now, your civil rights have been violated. You don't have your wallet, and you don't carry around your birth certificate, so you tell the cop that you have no papers to show him. The cop detains you, takes you down to the station, and tells you that you must provide proof of citizenship. You have committed no crime, and the cop has no probable cause to question your citizenship, but your constitutional rights have just been violated.

Nice fantasy, the law authorizes no such thing. How about you provide a link to the portion of the law you claim does.

I submit exhibit #1, which is the federal court order blocking the Texas law.

So you're talking out of your ass, you have no idea what the law actually says or what the requirements are.

Vandal is a moron.

Hitler was an educated man, so was Goebbels, and the Idiot Racist Democrat Judges who made the Dredd Scott Decision.

Obama is a Marxist Traitor to The United States, and populated our Courts with Scumbag Activist Judges that should be dragged out of court in to the streets, tarred and feathered and rode out on a rail.

Illegal Aliens do not come under the Jurisdiction of US Courts unless they violate Criminal Law. They are under The Jurisdiction of The Country of Origin, and this is why we do not have to even follow due Process to Deport them.

They cannot prove Legal Citizenship, and they do not have to commit any other crime to be detained & deported. They are deported for violating immigration law. They can be imprisoned, serve a sentence and incarcerated for violation US Criminal Law.

They are NOT UNDER OUR JURISDICTION, THEREFORE THEY HAVE TO BE DEPORTED TO THE NATION WHO HAS JURISDICTION OVER THEM.

We gain JURISDICTION OVER AN ILLEGAL WHEN HE VIOLATES US CODE other than IMMIGRATION LAW, then he is considered an ALIEN CRIMINAL and subject to THE PENALTIES of his Criminal Acts.

THE 14th AMENDMENT WHICH WAS WRITTEN SPECIFICALLY TO ADDRESS THE RIGHTS OF FORMER SLAVES TO BE CITIZENS, SPECIFICALLY ADDRESSES THIS.

The Fourteenth Amendment (Amendment XIV) to the United States Constitution was adopted on July 9, 1868, as one of the Reconstruction Amendments. The amendment addresses citizenship rights and equal protection of the laws and was proposed in response to issues related to former slaves following the American Civil War. The amendment was bitterly contested, particularly by the states of the defeated Confederacy, which were forced to ratify it in order to regain representation in Congress.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

In other words.

If you are in this country illegally, we do not have Jurisdiction over you. Slaves were in this country legally back then, and were under the jurisdiction of US Courts, and children born to Naturalized Slaves in THE US became Citizens, just as their parents did due to Emancipation and the 14th Amendment reasserting their rights.

Got it, Tree. You get to decide who is an illegal alien, not the court. I guess that means that we don't really need courts, do we?

ook, guys, as I already said, I am aware that the Right wants to repeal most of the Bill of Rights, but it just isn't going to happen. You will be shut down every time. get over it.
Fuck. You.

Why is the "right" the only people trying to protect the bill of rights, you commie?

Cheer up, Boot. By fighting for our Bill of Rights, we are also fighting for yours.

Vandal is a moron.

Yep, just like the ignorant asses in the 9th that are the most overturned court in the nation and was overturned unanimously by the supremes on the travel ban.

Forum List

Back