Federal Judge rules in favor of Hanover trans teen fighting to play on middle school tennis team

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

A transgender Hanover Middle School student will now be able to try out for a girlā€™s tennis team after a federal judge ruled Wednesday that Janie Doe, who identifies as a female, can participate.

HANOVER COUNTY, Va. -- A transgender Hanover Middle School student will now be able to try out for a girlā€™s tennis team after a federal judge ruled Wednesday that Janie Doe, who identifies as a female, can participate.

Itā€™s a decision that came down after Doe asked the court to allow her to play tennis while her lawsuit plays out.

In a letter sent to Doe, Hanover School Board chairman Robert May wrote that the board denied that request because existing law proved Doe was not eligible until ā€œa court determines part of the code of Virginia, model policies and opinion of the attorney general are invalidā€ and the board is in ā€œa situation where state law requires that it adopt and implement the model policies."

I've looked at several articles on this and the Fed. Judge's name is never mentioned.....I bet it's some dem appointed judge.

Just another example of the feds overstepping into state education and ignoring the mental health aspect. Not to mention the effect on the female tennis team members.

If the judge did anything he/she should have ordered a "check-up from the neck up" on the trans.

"Janie Doe"? :laughing0301:

I can understand the teen's wanting to remain anonymous, but using a pseudonym that's usually reserved for dead people?

A transgender Hanover Middle School student will now be able to try out for a girlā€™s tennis team after a federal judge ruled Wednesday that Janie Doe, who identifies as a female, can participate.

HANOVER COUNTY, Va. -- A transgender Hanover Middle School student will now be able to try out for a girlā€™s tennis team after a federal judge ruled Wednesday that Janie Doe, who identifies as a female, can participate.

Itā€™s a decision that came down after Doe asked the court to allow her to play tennis while her lawsuit plays out.

In a letter sent to Doe, Hanover School Board chairman Robert May wrote that the board denied that request because existing law proved Doe was not eligible until ā€œa court determines part of the code of Virginia, model policies and opinion of the attorney general are invalidā€ and the board is in ā€œa situation where state law requires that it adopt and implement the model policies."

I've looked at several articles on this and the Fed. Judge's name is never mentioned.....I bet it's some dem appointed judge.

Just another example of the feds overstepping into state education and ignoring the mental health aspect. Not to mention the effect on the female tennis team members.

If the judge did anything he/she should have ordered a "check-up from the neck up" on the trans.
I played with the girl's tennis team in Jr. High but we didn't play tennis.

Forum List

Back