Feds demand gun store owner turn over customer list. He refuses

Then post a link that specifically states these.

How can a link to the original source itself not be sufficient?

Here maybe you missed it the first three times:

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Digitization/55878NCJRS.pdf

Says page not available.

Seems to be working just fine, anyone else experiencing his problem?

Last edited:
Hey lint speck -- it was one of your fellow loonies that brought up Rome:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/8779009-post240.html

You even thanked the loony.

Brain laughed it off, and said Rome, really?

He laughed it off under the premise that Rome was NOT a Republic, which is a false premise.

You're asking examples of LONG STANDING Republics and Democracies which suffered revolutions. You were given one.

Are you claiming that Rome was not a Republic?

It's countries where the people have had real long standing voting rights. Rome was not that. But it does show how desperate you guys are if you have to go all the way back to Rome for a really bad example.
Boom. :lol:

I answered your question, "Can you name some country with long standing voting rights that ever had a revolution?" Can you explain to me what makes any of those countries not long standing? Egypt is much older than the US, which makes your insistence on examining only long standing democracies absurd. By any standard that I can reasonably apply to a country, the US is not long standing.

Come to think of it, that might explain your insistence on that standard, you know it is impossible to challenge. That would require you to acully be smarter than you post, but it is possible.

And how long has Egypt had voting rights? Nobody is surprised they are having lots of problems, they just ran out a dictator. You just can't name any country with real long standing voting rights that has had a revolution.

Since England granted them independence in 1920.

Tell me something, was what happened in Honduras a revolution? Hint: Obama says it was.

So you really think they were electing Mubarak eh? Funny.

And how long has Egypt had voting rights? Nobody is surprised they are having lots of problems, they just ran out a dictator. You just can't name any country with real long standing voting rights that has had a revolution.

Tell me something, was what happened in Honduras a revolution? Hint: Obama says it was.

Gotta say one thing. At least these loonies are good for chuckles.

And you really think the People of Tennessee were electing Sheriff Cantrell in the 1940's?

You really think the People of Chicago elected Rahm Emanuel (who supposedly carried more than 95% of the black vote?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/344840-blacks-in-chicago-try-to-pray-the-democrats-away.html

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzo9lCBYzA4]Al Sharpton's Chicago Town Hall Erupts into Anti-Machine Revolt - YouTube[/ame]

He laughed it off under the premise that Rome was NOT a Republic, which is a false premise.

You're asking examples of LONG STANDING Republics and Democracies which suffered revolutions. You were given one.

--------------------------------------------------

It seems like every time you Statist pigs are defeated in argument, you just skip the debate and bring up a new argument. We keep answering yo calls, and then you sound a new call. There has been no coherent direction of this thread for the last five pages because you guys keep migrating to a new topic in order avoid defeat on the previous topic.

Rome was around for centuries, had voting rights for all of its citizens, and endured multiple rebellions.

[MENTION=19484]The T[/MENTION] [MENTION=23420]Quantum Windbag[/MENTION] [MENTION=6581]M14 Shooter[/MENTION]

Do any of you know why an Admin exiled this thread to a dead sub-forum?

We should all report the thread to get their attentions and have restored to either the Politics section (where it originated) or (at the very least) the Current Events Section.

There is absolutely no reason for migrating this thread to the HOBBIES section. The admin should identify themselves and provide a reason for why it was moved here.

It seems like every time you Statist pigs are defeated in argument, you just skip the debate and bring up a new argument. We keep answering yo calls, and then you sound a new call. There has been no coherent direction of this thread for the last five pages because you guys keep migrating to a new topic in order avoid defeat on the previous topic.

Rome was around for centuries, had voting rights for all of its citizens, and endured multiple rebellions.

Were all the slaves voting too? All the gladiators? All the barbarians thrown into service in the military?

His exact words were thus:

"Rebellion against a king may be pardoned, or lightly punished, but the man who dares to rebel against the laws of a republic ought to suffer death." - Sam Adams.

You know that little thing called Shays Rebellion?

You can thank that little blood of tyrants squabble for letting the Federalists win the battle for more powerful federal government.

It was that little bloody exercise that brought George Washington to the convention and the Constitutional re-write formed that thing y'all hate: a strong federal government.

Hate to slap you down again, but his actual words were "(I)n monarchies the crime of treason and rebellion may admit of being pardoned or lightly punished, but the man who dares rebel against the laws of a republic ought to suffer death." He also insisted that everyone invovled in the rebellion be immediately tossed in jail.

His position was immediately rejected by the General in charge of putting down Shay's Rebellion because he, correctly, pointed out that there weren't enough jails in all of New England to hold them. The legislature responded by granting anyone who participated in the rebellion an opportunity to repent, which was leniency, and John Hancock eventually pardoned almost everyone who participated in it.

I guess that, unequivocally, proves that Adams was wrong.

You can read about it here.

Shays' Rebellion - From Revolution to Constitution
You've never slapped me down once. Not ever.

I know the history full well, and have even held quite a number of actual original documents and letters from Sam Adams himself (as well as many other Founders).

You seem to be leaving out a bit:

"Four thousand people signed confessions acknowledging participation in the events of the rebellion (in exchange for amnesty); several hundred participants were eventually indicted on charges relating to the rebellion. Most of these were pardoned under a general amnesty that only excluded a few ringleaders.
Eighteen men were convicted and sentenced to death, but most of these were either overturned on appeal, pardoned, or had their sentences commuted.

Two of the condemned men, John Bly and Charles Rose, were hanged on December 6, 1787.[51] Shays himself was pardoned in 1788 and he returned to Massachusetts from hiding in the Vermont woods.[52]

He was, however, vilified by the Boston press, who painted him as an archetypal anarchist opposed to the government.[53] He later moved to the Conesus, New York, area, where he lived until he died poor and obscure in 1825."
And more to the point, as I said, it was that rebellion that helped shape our Constitution in one where it had a strong Federal government.

That little episode was riding high in the minds of those at the Convention.

Fast forward a few more years...what happened at the Whiskey Rebellion?

How did our Commander in Chief handle that one?

You know history, but you got the quote from the Cliff's Notes version of the story.

My link covers what you just said I am leaving out. Since I am focusing on why he was wrong in what he said, as judged by the people who actually lived through what happened, I don't see what you think you are proving. Most of the people involved were pardoned, despite the fact that Adams wanted every single person hung.

Last edited:
Hate to slap you down again, but his actual words were "(I)n monarchies the crime of treason and rebellion may admit of being pardoned or lightly punished, but the man who dares rebel against the laws of a republic ought to suffer death." He also insisted that everyone invovled in the rebellion be immediately tossed in jail.

His position was immediately rejected by the General in charge of putting down Shay's Rebellion because he, correctly, pointed out that there weren't enough jails in all of New England to hold them. The legislature responded by granting anyone who participated in the rebellion an opportunity to repent, which was leniency, and John Hancock eventually pardoned almost everyone who participated in it.

I guess that, unequivocally, proves that Adams was wrong.

You can read about it here.

Shays' Rebellion - From Revolution to Constitution

I know the history full well, and have even held quite a number of actual original documents and letters from Sam Adams himself (as well as many other Founders).

"Four thousand people signed confessions acknowledging participation in the events of the rebellion (in exchange for amnesty); several hundred participants were eventually indicted on charges relating to the rebellion. Most of these were pardoned under a general amnesty that only excluded a few ringleaders.
Eighteen men were convicted and sentenced to death, but most of these were either overturned on appeal, pardoned, or had their sentences commuted.

Two of the condemned men, John Bly and Charles Rose, were hanged on December 6, 1787.[51] Shays himself was pardoned in 1788 and he returned to Massachusetts from hiding in the Vermont woods.[52]

He was, however, vilified by the Boston press, who painted him as an archetypal anarchist opposed to the government.[53] He later moved to the Conesus, New York, area, where he lived until he died poor and obscure in 1825."
And more to the point, as I said, it was that rebellion that helped shape our Constitution in one where it had a strong Federal government.

You know history, but you got the quote from the Cliff's Notes version of the story.
Yeah, I tried to make it easy for pea brains like you.

So, again...How'd that Whiskey rebellion go?

:lol:

You didn't ask that, you asked how long they had voting rights.

I answered.

On the other hand, you still haven't answered my question, which country meets your definition of long standing voting rights? Since you have said that Rome, which had voting rights for roughly 500 years, is not an example, my guess is you don't actually have one.

Were all the slaves voting too? All the gladiators? All the barbarians thrown into service in the military?

Do aliens vote in the US? Do you know what the word citizen means?

I answered.

On the other hand, you still haven't answered my question, which country meets your definition of long standing voting rights? Since you have said that Rome, which had voting rights for roughly 500 years, is not an example, my guess is you don't actually have one.

The United States, Japan, UK, Denmark, Sweden, Germany... Strangely none of them have had revolutions since people have had voting rights. And some of them don't even have guns all over the place. haha

Yeah, I tried to make it easy for pea brains like you.

So, again...How'd that Whiskey rebellion go?

:lol:

How is the rebellion in Syria going? Doesn't the fact that Obama supports it prove they should have won simply to make him happy?

I answered.

The United States, Japan, UK, Denmark, Sweden, Germany... Strangely none of them have had revolutions since people have had voting rights. And some of them don't even have guns all over the place. haha

Japan, which was ruled until WWII by the emperor, has a long standing history of voting rights, but Venezuela, which had its first general election the same year Japan did, doesn't.

Interesting, and extremely confusing.

[MENTION=43262]Brain357[/MENTION]

This link to the original source works.

Now you seem to be avoiding it, and once again, migrating to another topic.

The link is still giving me problems, but I can see it's another report on rape. Your telling me in there somewhere it's going to say 2.5 million crimes were stopped by guns?

Since that link is giving you trouble, I'll give you another one --- the lowest estimate of crime prevention (via civilian firearms) by the Government:

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/165476.pdf

[quote[Most notable has been a much publicized estimate of 2.5 million DGUs, based on data from a 1994 telephone survey conducted by Florida State University professors Gary Kleck and Mark Gertz.

The 2.5 million figure has been picked up by the press and now appears regularly in newspaper articles, letters to the editor, editorials, and even Congressional Research Service briefs for public policymakers. The NSPOF survey is quite similar to the Kleck and Gertz instrument and provides a basis for replicating their estimate. Each of the respondents in the NSPOF was asked the question, "Within the past 12 months, have you yourself used a gun, even if it was not fired, to protect yourself or someone else, or for the protection of property at home, work, or elsewhere?
Forty-five respondents reported a defensive gun use in 1994 against a per-son (exhibit 7). Given the sampling weights, these respondents constitute 1.6 percent of the sample and represent 3.1 million adults.

In fact, just using common sense, if just 1% of American's had to use a firearm to DETER crime, which is a very reasonable assumption (if not higher), you would have more than 3 million crimes prevented each year.

Then the study reveals that almost all criminals flee/respect the gun, because only in a small fraction of those cases, do the guns actualyl have to be USED/SHOT/FIRED to prevent the crime from progressing.

Defensive uses are rare indeed, about 108,000 per year.

Even that 108,000 figure is between five and tens times higher than the amount of murders/crimes committed with firearms each year; bear in mind that this is the most anit-gun biased and underrepresentative of all of the DoJ studies LOLOLOLOL.

GET PWNED NOOB
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpKZLlWKWK0]Warcraft II - Tides of Darkness - Human Victory - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back