Feds demand gun store owner turn over customer list. He refuses

Again you bring up a city. I shouldn't have to mention how dumb that is.

And you keep bringing up a city, called Pittsburgh, where the entire Whiskey Rebellion took place.

It could just as well been called: The Battle of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Whereas the Micminn COUNTY WAR, was called the Battle of Athens, Tennessee.

If you can keep referring to a battle that only involved a city and the small twelve mile radius about it, I can certainly refer to a battle that involved the ENTIRE COUNTY.

No actually I've not mentioned that once. Confused much?

It says the NCVS data concludes 108,000 times per year. It mentions that other survey, but that one is easily debunked.

It never debunks it... show us where they debunked it?

They only debunked the 46,000,000 claims in one of the survives, because there was a glaring hole in the scientific method used to obtain that obscene figure. Otherwise, they stand by those surveys and the methods used to obtain the results.

You can show us otherwise?

And remember, I gave you the "weakest link" (pun intended) on DoJ studies, since you seemingly cannot view the other (and very powerful and strong) links.

Sorry but the ridiculous 2.5 million number is easy to debunk. If that were true certainly I would know someone who had defended themselves with a gun. While I'm pretty old I still don't know anyone, and I know a lot of gun owners. My father went his whole life without ever using one for defense and he had a lot of them.

A closer look at DGU numbers

You do know someone.

Ok lets discuss Venezuela then. Name your revolutions.

Which one do you want to talk about, the Chavez revolution, or the current counter revolution that the news media in this country is ignoring?

The one where they lost their voting rights and became ruled by tyranny. Which one was that?

Your goalposts have wheels, don't they?

football-goal-dollies-for-moving-free-standing-goalposts-736-p.jpg

That's from the Daily Kos, that's hardly a scientific study like the DoJ's.

In fact, it's not even a study, it's just an article with some of the author's opinons based ona few figures. He even admits that:

First, let's start with a disclaimer. I am not a statistician. Therefore, it's entirely possible that I will make a fundamental mistake regarding the stats in the studies, so any corrections by those in the know or with the skills will be appreciated.

EDIT:

I reread the whole article, there's not a even a study/scientific method used/discussion/mentioned in the whole article. It seriously is, as the author himself stated, a STREAM OF THOUGHT (opinion) that climaxed with an uppercut to the NRA, one of the Progressive Daily Kos's favorite organizations to attack. Are you serious dude?

Last edited:

In fact, it's not even a study, it's just an article with some of the author's opinons based ona few figures. He even admits that:

First, let's start with a disclaimer. I am not a statistician. Therefore, it's entirely possible that I will make a fundamental mistake regarding the stats in the studies, so any corrections by those in the know or with the skills will be appreciated.

Well your link is to one that says 108,000. I've not disputed that. Which one do you want to discuss?

Which one do you want to talk about, the Chavez revolution, or the current counter revolution that the news media in this country is ignoring?

The one where they lost their voting rights and became ruled by tyranny. Which one was that?

Well as far as I can tell they haven't been taken over by tyranny and lost their voting rights. If you know when that happened and then a rebellion returned their rights let me know.

Well as far as I can tell they haven't been taken over by tyranny and lost their voting rights. If you know when that happened and then a rebellion returned their rights let me know.

Why does the ability to vote, which exists only if a government grants it, matter more to you than freedom?

Again you bring up a city. I shouldn't have to mention how dumb that is.

And you keep bringing up a city, called Pittsburgh, where the entire Whiskey Rebellion took place.

If you can keep referring to a battle that only involved a city and the small twelve mile radius about it, I can certainly refer to a battle that involved the ENTIRE COUNTY.

Then why don't you apply the same standard to [MENTION=20155]paperview[/MENTION] ???

Why is he allowed to mention a city, but I am not? That is DOUBLESPEAK.

Why does the ability to vote, which exists only if a government grants it, matter more to you than freedom?

You have nothing without the right to vote. Lose that and see how quickly you lose your guns.

Then why don't you apply the same standard to [MENTION=20155]paperview[/MENTION] ???

I've not been following the posts involving this Whiskey whatever. Maybe you haven't noticed but I've had 2+ people responding to my posts. That alone is keeping me pretty busy.

You have nothing without the right to vote. Lose that and see how quickly you lose your guns.

The Patriots of 1776 had proper representation in Parliament before the Revolution? Did their guns suddenly appear from thin air during that year?

The Jury System is the protector of our rights. It takes a UNANIMOUS vote of the People to convict you during a trial.

Voting does not protect any of our rights, as noted in Athens, Tennessee. It was the guaranteed ACQUITTALS of the Patriots in Athens, Tennessee, that [peacefully] protected their rights. That why they never went to trial.

WHERE do your 'voting rights' come from exactly? AND as an added bonus? Where is the Right to vote in a FEDERAL ELECTION contained in the Constitution?

The Patriots of 1776 had proper representation in Parliament before the Revolution? Did their guns suddenly appear from thin air during that year?

The Jury System is the protector of our rights. It takes a UNANIMOUS vote of the People to convict you during a trial.

Voting does not protect any of our rights, as noted in Athens, Tennessee. It was the guaranteed ACQUITTALS of the Patriots in Athens, Tennessee, that [peacefully] protected their rights. That why they never went to trial.

People needed guns back then. They don't now.

I am talking about countries. What the heck does something happening in Athens, TN have to do with that? Nothing.

I've not been following the posts involving this Whiskey whatever. Maybe you haven't noticed but I've had 2+ people responding to my posts. That alone is keeping me pretty busy.

Every thread is a seamless discussion (like a book). It cannot be assumed that you've isolated/segregated your posts from the General Body of the thread in its entirety, unless you have declared so.

To any outside viewer, who is reading this thread (like a book), it appears that you have permitted Paperview to use a certain definition to support your claim, but you have prohibited me from using the same definition to deny your claim.

That's called Double-speak, and you Progressives excel at it.

WHERE do your 'voting rights' come from exactly? AND as an added bonus? Where is the Right to vote in a FEDERAL ELECTION contained in the Constitution?

We vote in this country. I can vote and you can vote.

Every thread is a seamless discussion (like a book). It cannot be assumed that you've isolated/segregated your posts from the General Body of the thread in its entirety, unless you have declared so.

To any outside viewer, who is reading this thread (like a book), it appears that you have permitted Paperview to use a certain definition to support your claim, but you have prohibited me from using the same definition to deny your claim.

That's called Double-speak, and you Progressives excel at it.

So I should speak against him if he is supporting my claim? :cuckoo: Isn't that what your doing? I'm defending my claims, he can defend his own.

I am talking about countries. What the heck does something happening in Athens, TN have to do with that? Nothing.

Back then?

Was 1946 really that "far back." Holy......

If we no longer need it, then amend the Constitution, in accordance to Article V, to repeal the Second Amendment. If cannot succeed, then that means we still need them.

Well your link is to one that says 108,000. I've not disputed that. Which one do you want to discuss?

My link also shows that the DoJ respected the integrity of the studies showing millions of crimes being deterred annually by firearms. It's not even that far a stretch of the imagination either. If even one-half of 1% of the population had to draw their firearms each year, millions of crimes would be prevented.

The 108,000 figure demonstrates that 6% of the 1/2 of 1% of the United States population actually has to commit to using their firearm to prevent the crime.

Last edited:

Hey doof: One more time: Each poster speaks for himself -- and the Whiskey Rebellion --- in which a strong Federal government corralled the militia to put down the uprising, which Washington leading the charge -- was about more than....a city.

The question to be asked, as George put it: Is our children learning?

Most people who know and understand history, recognize the importance of the Whiskey rebellion in our fledgling and young country.

Most people have never even heard of the Athens "battle."

BTW: After they "won" in Athens -- the corrupt powers were simply replaced by a more powerful machine. It was a brave stance, but they didn't really accomplish as much as you think they did.

Would it ALARM you to know that States in the United States are their own soverigns? See the Ninth And Tenth Amendments.

Forum List

Back