Fellow Registered Republicans

Who, in your opinion, is our best chance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just so I have a sense of who to take seriously in this upcoming election

As an independent I can say, if Kasich is the nominee, I would have a hard look at who to vote for. He is the only calm, real adult in that field who isn't over the top far right batshit. Bush is coherent but he carries too much baggage and would bring that whole Wolfowitz, Rove, Rumsfeld cohort with him in the background. The grim reaper cabal.

Carson would be viable but he has said some absolutely batshit things. Especially for a surgeon.

Rand Paul also has some good ideas and I like his independent bent, but he also has said some just bizarre things.

Kasich in my opinion.

I am a fence sitter so I didn't vote since you asked for Repubs. However, since I will vote for whomever I think will do the best job regardless of party...my choices would be Kasich/Rubio. So far. Still gotta see what the Dems say and do. WAY too soon to tell right now. I would also want Trump in there as some kind of advisor.

I chose Carson. He's soft spoken but very smart..........

The reason I chose him is simple.............the black vote...........

They would vote for him and it would take the normal votes away from the Dems.

Yeah, go with that.

If you guys were smart, Bush or Christie would be running away with this.

No dog in this hunt, but from a macro perspective (experience, demo, issues, maximized electoral vote advantage), I'd think a Kasich/Rubio ticket would be the party's best shot.

The party has to consider the electoral vote disadvantage it has.

From that standpoint, that makes a lot of sense. I'm curious though, Florida has 11 more EVs than Ohio...why Kasich on top? For that matter, why not Bush? He's much better suited for November.

No dog in this hunt, but from a macro perspective (experience, demo, issues, maximized electoral vote advantage), I'd think a Kasich/Rubio ticket would be the party's best shot.

From that standpoint, that makes a lot of sense. I'm curious though, Florida has 11 more EVs than Ohio...why Kasich on top? For that matter, why not Bush? He's much better suited for November.
Bush & Rubio are both from Florida, electoral vote redundancy there. The GOP pretty much needs Ohio.

Bush & Rubio are both from Florida, electoral vote redundancy there. The GOP pretty much needs Ohio.

I meant why Rubio instead of Bush?

I don't see Bush willing to run as VP.

ok

How do you ask your fellow republicans to choose a candidate and then list fewer than half of them? We had a contest at work the other day "can you name the GOP contenders". I was the only one that got all 17. Yeah, that's right...you've got 17 candidates and Trump is polling better than Walker and Bush combined.

Yeah, go with that.

You just named the two furthest left leaning candidates
Of course you would like them

Also, I don't see anyone wanting to ask him
Who wants a Bush anchor around their neck?

How do you ask your fellow republicans to choose a candidate and then list fewer than half of them? We had a contest at work the other day "can you name the GOP contenders". I was the only one that got all 17. Yeah, that's right...you've got 17 candidates and Trump is polling better than Walker and Bush combined.
Because there's a fair number of these 17 that everyone (in their right mind) knows won't make the cut.
I tried to focus on the top tier....though I forgot about Kasich

Sp, yea, you can see some of my own bias in the selection of my list
(my thread/poll, my list :p )

Yeah, go with that.

Others would call them moderates....what you actually need to win the election

Yeah, go with that.

Others would call them moderates....what you actually need to win the election

Not what we need to correct this 270 course we've been on

We need a hard 135 course to fix it

Our best chance for the future of the country, or our best chance for winning the election? Sadly, the two become less and less related in this society with every year that passes.

Not necessarily, but as I said earlier, he's learning very fast.

Carson/Fiorina or Fiorina/Carson just might be interesting. It would certainly disarm most of the Democrats' dirty tricks operations.

Can't imagine what makes you think ANYTHING would stop the Democrats in the dirty tricks department.

Here's how I see 'em so far (subject to change!! we are an eternity away from the first primaries and anything can happen!)

Tier 1 - Kasich, Walker, Trump, Rubio, Fiorina, Carson, Cruz

Tier 2- Huckabee, Bush, Paul, Christie

NO CHANCE- Pataki, Santorum, Perry, Jindal, Graham
I honestly don't see Kasich at the top at this moment.

I agree with everything else.

Forum List

Back