Felons Voting In Maryland Primary Today. Both Democrats Running Say It's Okay

Felons traditionally haven't been able to vote because they demonstrated a severe lack of judgment. This of course, bothers liberals very little. The more uninformed or corrupt the voter is the more power they have.
I don't think that's true, ice. In the south, maybe this does affect the black vote more, but you should be aware that most people in prison have never voted, and even when given the chance (as they are where I live) very few do. They may not be smart, but they know the system is corrupt and the deck is stacked against us.
What isn't true? I didn't say anything about race and felons have used bad judgment and libs don't care. Point out the specific error.
I just don't agree with the "bad judgment" theory. That only felons have bad judgment? They're the only ones who have been caught. There is no judgment test prior to voting, and just because you and I haven't been arrested doesn't mean we have good judgment.
It isn't a theory. If they ended up in prison by their actions they used bad judgment. It's a fact. Holding the rest of us as possibly as wrong makes no sense.

Felons traditionally haven't been able to vote because they demonstrated a severe lack of judgment.

Actually, no. That's not the case at all. You're a fucking idiot who doesn't know what the fuck you are talking about, but you want to pretend to sit on a high horse and wallow in your righteous indignation.

Disenfranchisement of felons is historically linked to the associated infamy of the common law felonies. Those were murder, rape, manslaughter, robbery, sodomy, larceny, arson, mayhem, and burglary. A felony was considered a crime so severe that it warranted the seizure of everything that a person owned. As Blackstone described it: "FELONY, in the general acceptation of our English law, comprises every species of crime, which occasioned at common law the forfeiture of lands or goods. This most frequently happens in those crimes, for which a capital punishment either is or was liable to be inflicted: for those felonies, which are called clergyable, or to which the benefit of clergy extends, were anciently punished with death in all lay, or unlearned, offenders; though now by the statute-law that punishment is for the first offense universally remitted." source

Convicted felons were considered inherently dishonest. A convicted felon was not competent to serve on a jury. They were not competent to testify in court as a witness. Their voting rights were denied based on this same alleged inherent dishonesty.

The problem is that we have extended the label of felony for no reason other than to add punitive weight to victimless crimes. We have legislatively created felonies out of things that do not rightfully fit the classical definition. Meanwhile, half brain dead morons like yourself think you're somehow superior to other people and make up mindless bullshit to justify your ignorance and prejudice.
Stuff your head back in your high horse's ass where is belongs. You don't get to decide what victimless crime means. Every crime has a victim. Got caught selling dope? Society is the victim. It ain't your call. besides that nothing you said refutes what I said.

Like mentioned before, you are like a fart in the bathtub.

:lol:

Translation: You've been spanked once again with intelligence far beyond your own. So you're reduced to a hissy and sucking your thumb.
Mirror Boy farts again.

I can imagine when asked the democrat contenders were confused, they had to assume only convicted felons would vote for unconvicted felons.

The democrat party is losing so many of the demographics that they have to resort to enlisting felons. Tells a lot about the state of the democrat party.

They knew the price when they committed their crimes. They have no right in having a say in how civilized people run the country. THEY gave up their right, no one took it.

It isn't a theory. If they ended up in prison by their actions they used bad judgment. It's a fact. Holding the rest of us as possibly as wrong makes no sense.

Statist fucks like you always love controlling other people and denying them their rights.

Felons traditionally haven't been able to vote because they demonstrated a severe lack of judgment.

Actually, no. That's not the case at all. You're a fucking idiot who doesn't know what the fuck you are talking about, but you want to pretend to sit on a high horse and wallow in your righteous indignation.

Disenfranchisement of felons is historically linked to the associated infamy of the common law felonies. Those were murder, rape, manslaughter, robbery, sodomy, larceny, arson, mayhem, and burglary. A felony was considered a crime so severe that it warranted the seizure of everything that a person owned. As Blackstone described it: "FELONY, in the general acceptation of our English law, comprises every species of crime, which occasioned at common law the forfeiture of lands or goods. This most frequently happens in those crimes, for which a capital punishment either is or was liable to be inflicted: for those felonies, which are called clergyable, or to which the benefit of clergy extends, were anciently punished with death in all lay, or unlearned, offenders; though now by the statute-law that punishment is for the first offense universally remitted." source

Convicted felons were considered inherently dishonest. A convicted felon was not competent to serve on a jury. They were not competent to testify in court as a witness. Their voting rights were denied based on this same alleged inherent dishonesty.

The problem is that we have extended the label of felony for no reason other than to add punitive weight to victimless crimes. We have legislatively created felonies out of things that do not rightfully fit the classical definition. Meanwhile, half brain dead morons like yourself think you're somehow superior to other people and make up mindless bullshit to justify your ignorance and prejudice.
Stuff your head back in your high horse's ass where is belongs. You don't get to decide what victimless crime means. Every crime has a victim. Got caught selling dope? Society is the victim. It ain't your call. besides that nothing you said refutes what I said.

Like mentioned before, you are like a fart in the bathtub.
Urban Dictionary: fonzanoon

They knew the price when they committed their crimes. They have no right in having a say in how civilized people run the country. THEY gave up their right, no one took it.

Oh look, another big government statist fuck.

Wow.....that sounds so groovy. The second amendment is a basic freedom yet you on the left want to restrict it any way possible because you feel that Americans aren't smart enough to use them wisely. I feel the same way about voting rights. If you don't restrict the privilege in some way, people tend to abuse it.
Example:
What stops us from voting multiple times? Laws that restrict our right to vote.

Thank you for demonstrating your persistent vegetative state. Neither am I "on the left" nor do I support restrictions on gun rights. Hell, I'm one of the lunatics who thinks that every protest should happen on the steps of the capital building with everyone carrying AR15s.

Try again, dumbass.
I guess you will never be accused of being a "broad thinker".

Everything with you folks seems to revolve around taking away rights from folks who follow the law, and giving special privileges to those who rightfully lost them.

Wow.....that sounds so groovy. The second amendment is a basic freedom yet you on the left want to restrict it any way possible because you feel that Americans aren't smart enough to use them wisely. I feel the same way about voting rights. If you don't restrict the privilege in some way, people tend to abuse it.
Example:
What stops us from voting multiple times? Laws that restrict our right to vote.

Thank you for demonstrating your persistent vegetative state. Neither am I "on the left" nor do I support restrictions on gun rights. Hell, I'm one of the lunatics who thinks that every protest should happen on the steps of the capital building with everyone carrying AR15s.

Try again, dumbass.
I guess you will never be accused of being a "broad thinker".

Everything with you folks seems to revolve around taking away rights from folks who follow the law, and giving special privileges to those who rightfully lost them.

It would appear that you've quoted the wrong post. Because nothing you've said has anything to do with what I said.

Either that, or your post was a really weak attempt to red herring your way out of how much of an idiot you've made yourself out to be. Uhhhhhhggggeeeeeen....

Felons traditionally haven't been able to vote because they demonstrated a severe lack of judgment. This of course, bothers liberals very little. The more uninformed or corrupt the voter is the more power they have.
I don't think that's true, ice. In the south, maybe this does affect the black vote more, but you should be aware that most people in prison have never voted, and even when given the chance (as they are where I live) very few do. They may not be smart, but they know the system is corrupt and the deck is stacked against us.
What isn't true? I didn't say anything about race and felons have used bad judgment and libs don't care. Point out the specific error.
I just don't agree with the "bad judgment" theory. That only felons have bad judgment? They're the only ones who have been caught. There is no judgment test prior to voting, and just because you and I haven't been arrested doesn't mean we have good judgment.
I know. People tend to go to prison because they got caught. Who knows how many other times they broke the law before they did something worth sending them to prison. Many murderers tend to commit lesser crimes before they kill someone. Often it's drug offenses. They don’t usually start out with murder. And people who get busted for drug offenses tend to do it again and again.

Rapists and murderers are voting today in the Maryland Primary.

Yeah, because murderers get released from prison all the time. How about instead of engaging in fantasy you stick to reality? The vast majority of these newly eligible voters became felons for drug convictions.

In any event, you don't actually know what the hell is going on and look like an idiot for opening your pie hole. Convicted felons have already had their voting rights restored. The only change is that previously they had to wait until they completed probation, whereas not they don't.
A drug offense is little different from violent crime, because drug trafficking often involves violent crimes, often murder.

What Democrats are doing is encouraging criminality while sneering at those who are obeying the law.

What part of non- violent drug offenders is not clear to you? Your generalizations are just dumb.

Yeah, because murderers get released from prison all the time. How about instead of engaging in fantasy you stick to reality? The vast majority of these newly eligible voters became felons for drug convictions.

In any event, you don't actually know what the hell is going on and look like an idiot for opening your pie hole. Convicted felons have already had their voting rights restored. The only change is that previously they had to wait until they completed probation, whereas not they don't.
A drug offense is little different from violent crime, because drug trafficking often involves violent crimes, often murder.

What Democrats are doing is encouraging criminality while sneering at those who are obeying the law.

What part of non- violent drug offenders is not clear to you? Your generalizations are just dumb.
From what I read in the law....a felon is a felon. It wouldn't be a felony unless it was a serious crime. What's the point of putting them behind bars if they didn't prove to be a threat to society? Hmmmmmm?

My argument makes sense when you try to define "good judgment." You don't think I am using good jugment by usually having a liberal stance, and I don't think you are using good judgment when you slam public education. "Good judgment" is a very murky swamp to identify or measure, because it is so subjective. Anyway, there aren't heinous criminal felons running for office, so why are you opposed to felons chosing a leader? Leaders affect us all, including the lives of ex-cons.

My argument makes sense when you try to define "good judgment." You don't think I am using good jugment by usually having a liberal stance, and I don't think you are using good judgment when you slam public education. "Good judgment" is a very murky swamp to identify or measure, because it is so subjective. Anyway, there aren't heinous criminal felons running for office, so why are you opposed to felons chosing a leader? Leaders affect us all, including the lives of ex-cons.
First woman president and soon to be under indictment.

We're making history folks!!!

If you have paid your debt to society you should have your voting/gun rights restored.
You're fucking nuts.

Obama is busy taking gun rights away from veterans, hundreds of thousands of them . What debt do they have to pay?

And you're an overly-dramatic pussy.

And yes, I am aware of the VA stripping gun rights of veterans and I find it to be bullshit. That is why I support Rand Paul's legislation concerning this issue: https://www.paul.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Protecting Gun Rights and Due Process Act1.pdf
I'm just telling the truth. People who do time in prison usually don't have good sense or good priorities. This is why Democrats want them to be able to vote.....along with people who are uneducated and illiterate. Democrat voters are often barely able to read and write or not interested enough in the process to be informed. That’s why voting for the first black or first woman appeals to them. They don't even understand the issues. A thug's only concern once he gets out of prison is being able to survive....because their options are so few. So the party that promises them welfare, housing, foodstamps, and free prescription drugs gets their vote. My brother is one of them, and he's always been a Democrat.

What a load of blind partisan bullshit. :lol:
Nope. It's the truth.

What makes you think that every person in America has only good intentions when it comes to voting? Many of you freaks think Trump voters are irresponsible.

Intent has no bearing on the validity of an individual's right.

Might have a point there. At some point. But if she is convicted, would she be allowed to serve?

My threshold for qualifying good judgment was rather low. It's keeping your ass out of prison.

I am not aware of heinous criminal running for office, I didn't get the memo and you didn't provide any insight. Public-ed is filled with problems, how is it bad judgment to point it out?

Does not compute.

Might have a point there. At some point. But if she is convicted, would she be allowed to serve?
Of course.....which is why felons shouldn't be allowed to vote.

From what I read in the law....a felon is a felon. It wouldn't be a felony unless it was a serious crime. What's the point of putting them behind bars if they didn't prove to be a threat to society? Hmmmmmm?

When their time is served? What then? Marked for life with the scarlet F branded on their forehead never to be accepted back into society? Never having the opportunity to get a job or be a functioning member of society? Gee, I wonder why so many of them return to crime to get by?

When their time is served? What then? Marked for life with the scarlet F branded on their forehead never to be accepted back into society? Never having the opportunity to get a job or be a functioning member of society? Gee, I wonder why so many of them return to crime to get by?
They can be like Puerto Rico......getting all of the benefits, but never being able to vote. Are you calling all Puerto Ricans criminal degenerates?

Forum List

Back