Female Saudi TV presenter flees country over indecent dress

IMHO and in my travels I adhere to the 'When in Rome' adage... Complex issue really, if she was overtly trying to make a counter-culture stand, I get it. I'm very glad that she is long gone. There is a balance between respecting tradition, religion & culture on one hand and pioneering God given natural & civil rights on the other. Makes me ever more thankful to be an American!

Bigot.

Islam is a religion of peace and women's rights.

These men are sexuality stunted and immature, can’t handle it, so want 15th century dress standards mandated for women AND liberals welcome them with open arms.

Last edited:
This is just another reminder that religion is oppressive and as she had to flee the country, dangerous. It's always been the bane of humanity.
You really this ignorant?

Of course not. Christianity doesn't compare at all, which was your REAL target.

It is godless atheism that has murdered HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS during the 20th century.

What I'm having trouble coming to terms with is how this story about the reporter freaked me out about the social conditions in Saudi Arabia yet here in America we have a gunman enter a newspaper's place of business, kills 5 people and my attitude found that as more ordinary social behavior.
I personally know many Saudi people. They love their county and unique culture. As a country, it's way more cohesive and sophisticated than people realize.

But it's western liberal busybodies who hate Saudi culture and demand change that are the real problem.

When they should worry about the problems in their own country, and leave other people alone. ... :cool:
KIND OF agree, but there are natural and basic rights all people have that should not be interfered with by a totalitarian government.

KIND OF agree, but there are natural and basic rights all people have that should not be interfered with by a totalitarian government.
I personally know dozens of Saudi citizens. And to a person, they love their country and it's culture, and do not desire to live anywhere else.

They get really annoyed with people from the west always insisting they change certain aspects of their lives and society to suit western values and cultural norms. ... :cool:

I personally know dozens of Saudi citizens. And to a person, they love their country and it's culture, and do not desire to live anywhere else.

They get really annoyed with people from the west always insisting they change certain aspects of their lives and society to suit western values and cultural norms. ... :cool:
Well then, I'm glad they're happy. So why are so many "fleeing" to the "Christian" West. We don't see Westerners trying to settle in Muslim lands. I couldn't even imagine living like that. But to be fair, because we've lost our cultural morality, the death of the West isn't far off.

Saudis that come to American typically enjoy visiting the Twin Towers in New York and the Pentagon.

Forum List

Back