Female Vet Takes Action to Stop Protesters Defacing the Flag,Takes Cops to Arrest Her

To some the flag is nothing, to others it is deeply important. I actually do not think there is an over-all /right or wrong/ here, merely a definition of what's /legally/ and /socially/ acceptable [at this time.]

At present, unlike in the past, it is no longer legal nor socially acceptable to beat the shit out of some asshole who has no idea what that flag means to those who have fought and died for her... no matter how much better it might make you, or others, feel about the protest method... Beating someone up because you disagree with them is basically against the law heh

What a crazy bitch
She has more guts than most libtards and she was in the right.

No, she was not. She does not get to decide who gets to protest and who does not. She does not get to decide who does what with the property that they own.
She doesn't get to decide? That is her protest. I hope she does it again. A whole shitload of veterans on Facebook want her to announce the next flag tromping so they can be there in force.

To do what exactly? Threaten someone's 1st amendment rights with violence if they don't conform to YOUR views?

I love how you redneck conservatives bitch about how "Liberals are threatening us!" yet when someone expresses a idea contrary to the Republican narrative, you expressly or imply violence towards that person or group. You're pathetic.
I love how you ignorant racist pukes ignore the law. She should have gotten a medal. What that idiot did is against the law not a protest.

No, she was not. She does not get to decide who gets to protest and who does not. She does not get to decide who does what with the property that they own.
She doesn't get to decide? That is her protest. I hope she does it again. A whole shitload of veterans on Facebook want her to announce the next flag tromping so they can be there in force.

To do what exactly? Threaten someone's 1st amendment rights with violence if they don't conform to YOUR views?

I love how you redneck conservatives bitch about how "Liberals are threatening us!" yet when someone expresses a idea contrary to the Republican narrative, you expressly or imply violence towards that person or group. You're pathetic.
Ahhhh, a puking liberal projecting. Again. Liberal pukes think they're mind readers.

And of course, you don't answer the question.

What are they going to do when someone they disagree with is doing a protest that they have a First Amendment right to do? Why do YOU think YOU have the right to tell other people how, why and when to protest?
They can protest all they want, they can not break the law while doing it.

What a crazy bitch

I love how you ignorant racist pukes ignore the law. She should have gotten a medal. What that idiot did is against the law not a protest.

What law did they break? SCOTUS has ruled that burning a flag in protest is protected under the 1st amendment.

Female Vet Takes Action to Stop Protesters Defacing the Flag Takes 4 Cops to Arrest Her Top Right News
When she saw a group of race-baiting “Black Lives Matter” protesters disrespecting our flag, she took matters into her own hands.
She didn’t let up even when the cops got involved.
Air Force veteran Michelle Manhart was arrested in Georgia after an altercation in which she took a flag from Valdosta State University protesters who were stepping on it, the Valdosta Daily Times reported.
Why policemen arrested this woman? Maybe she killed somebody? No! Maybe she stolen something? No!
She just protected the symbol of our country!
Absurd story. What do you think?

what I think is that the alleged "disrespect" is permissible under the first amendment. she had no right to "take steps" to stop the protesters, though she was free to protest their actions.

and black lives do matter. so perhaps you'd have more credibility if you took that phrase out of quotemarks.

Ahhhh, a puking liberal projecting. Again. Liberal pukes think they're mind readers.

What are they going to do when someone they disagree with is doing a protest that they have a First Amendment right to do? Why do YOU think YOU have the right to tell other people how, why and when to protest?

no law was broken.

no law was broken.
Desecration of the U.S. flag is against the law. Stupid libtards.

no law was broken.

the first amendment protects even flat burning, brain dead tea tard. and i'll direct your attention to Texas v Johnson.

:cuckoo:

oh...and since you clearly don't have a clue and since you clearly are incapable of even basic research, here:

Texas v. Johnson The Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law

It's a different day and age. Political correctness is the rule of the land. It trumps the law of the land and the media will hold court, jury and judge over any actions that go against the grain. While it was a noble effort she needs to pick her battles and let the retards do what retards do.
That's how it should end up. When some liberal fucks are stomping on our flag, it should take for or five cops to wrestle the flag from your grip as you try to protect it.

Good for that gal standing up to those pukes.

It's a different day and age. Political correctness is the rule of the land. It trumps the law of the land and the media will hold court, jury and judge over any actions that go against the grain. While it was a noble effort she needs to pick her battles and let the retards do what retards do.
That's how it should end up. When some liberal fucks are stomping on our flag, it should take for or five cops to wrestle the flag from your grip as you try to protect it.

Good for that gal standing up to those pukes.

quiet.

Burning flags is as American as Mom ,Marilyn Manson,Apple pie and hustler magazine...

no law was broken.

the first amendment protects even flat burning, brain dead tea tard. and i'll direct your attention to Texas v Johnson.

Funny how you idiot libtards use the constitution to defend stupidity but trash it at other times, especially when obuthole trashes it. Idiots.

no law was broken.

Not since the SCOTUS ruled it is protected by the 1st amendment. And that was in 1969.

Although the woman who tried to "defend" the flag is guilty of trying to steal private property. And that is illegal.

no law was broken.

Not since the SCOTUS ruled it is protected by the 1st amendment. And that was in 1969.

Although the woman who tried to "defend" the flag is guilty of trying to steal private property. And that is illegal.
She should be whipped with a wet noodle.

no law was broken.

Funny how you idiot libtards use the constitution to defend stupidity but trash it at other times, especially when obuthole trashes it. Idiots.

Hey numbnuts, if you want to try and find something from the US Constitution that speaks to desecrating a flag, please do so. If you want to just thru out general statements about those arguing against you, find examples of that. I have not trashed the US Constitution. I think it is worth defending whether I like the results or not.

The 1st Amendment is not about cute little children singing. It protects all of us. We don't need laws to protect the speech everyone likes. But those laws are meant to protect the speech we don't like as well.

no law was broken.

aren't you just being the other side of that coin ?..Free speech..
You're either for it or agin' it

no law was broken.

Hey numbnuts, if you want to try and find something from the US Constitution that speaks to desecrating a flag, please do so. If you want to just thru out general statements about those arguing against you, find examples of that. I have not trashed the US Constitution. I think it is worth defending whether I like the results or not.

The 1st Amendment is not about cute little children singing. It protects all of us. We don't need laws to protect the speech everyone likes. But those laws are meant to protect the speech we don't like as well.
I didn't say unconstitutional, I said against the law.

no law was broken.

I didn't say unconstitutional, I said against the law.
What law? Post it....or cite Fed Code Annotated code...

Forum List

Back