Fight for the Right to vote

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

A fascinating doc which shows the battle for civil rights in the south. It tells the story through the voices of people who were there.

We learn about other stuff as well. How the southern dems split from the dem party and how black folk shifted to the dems from the GOP.

It made me realise how the racist trash are still playiing the same games today. Gerrymandering and voter |D being the latest tricks. of an evil ideology.

Its worth your time wtching even though it was made by the communists at Mississipi Public Broadcasting.

A fascinating doc which shows the battle for civil rights in the south. It tells the story through the voices of people who were there.

We learn about other stuff as well. How the southern dems split from the dem party and how black folk shifted to the dems from the GOP.

It made me realise how the racist trash are still playiing the same games today. Gerrymandering and voter |D being the latest tricks. of an evil ideology.

Its worth your time wtching even though it was made by the communists at Mississipi Public Broadcasting.

Be a U.S citizen, obtain legal I.D that confirms this, wait in line, vote, have votes hand counted and double checked, celebrate democracy by the people for the people

If you show an ID for your 40 ouncer you can show it to vote Commie.
Oh I forgot. Dims have people who fill out their ballots for them.

Sure but the voting rights act was really about a power grab. It is why they limited it to mostly southern states when a hell of a lot of places elsewhere were no better. That was ultamately why the Supreme Court gutted it. They warned they were going to if Congress didn't update it. Congress didn't. The SCOTUS did its thing and we are where we are today.

Sure but the voting rights act was really about a power grab. It is why they limited it to mostly southern states when a hell of a lot of places elsewhere were no better. That was ultamately why the Supreme Court gutted it. They warned they were going to if Congress didn't update it. Congress didn't. The SCOTUS did its thing and we are where we are today.
The film only covers Mississipi. It looks like South Africa.

The film only covers Mississipi. It looks like South Africa.

A lot of freed slaves stayed in the south and now their descendants are here to. It wasn't like the north was (or is) the land of milk and honey or they would have fled generations ago. We live in a majority-minority city that has been that way since the end of the civil war. MLK came through town and the local folks hosing blacks down made the CBS evening news a few times I am told. All that said, the turning point for the city's decline happened mostly when William Jefferson Clinton was President. He destroyed both the manufacturing base in the city and gutted the profitability of the tobacco industry in the surrounding farm lands. Those two things really disproportionately impacted blacks in our area which saw mostly black areas start to decay which allowed gangs and drugs to take firm root which triggered a massive exodus of whites which severely impacted the tax base upon which the city relies. After losing about a third of the population, the city seems to be finally turning a corner but it has taken a full generation to do that. So you can talk about "racist trash" all day long meaning republicans, but people in the south are not exactly in love with San Fransisco Nan and Chuckles Schumer and their agenda either. We would just like Washington to leave us the hell alone at this point as their bright ideas always seem to target us and benefit their donors with zero regard for the economic consequences on the ground.

Forum List

Back