#FIGHTFOR15: The First Burger Built by a Robot Is About to Hit the Bay Area

The Bay is where the frootloops are.Nothing innovative about them.
You poor thing. Trapped in your delusions, with no clue where the ideas behind the computer you use to emit your ignorant rants originated.

Sad.
Not from San Francisco. More like Department of Defense or NASA.
You just keep going.

Sad.
Sure...I want to spend $10.00 on a Big Mac. I can see the skill involved in putting meat, lettuce, cheese and thousand island dressing on a bun.
No complaints about price inflation for fuel, though, right, right wingers.
/——/ Yes, but unlike you libs we don’t bitch, moan and complain 24/7. We adjust our budget and spending.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Oh my. Robots as fast food workers. How ever will they pay the 3000 buck per month rent now?

With that said...I doubt I would ever participate in such a place. Kinda like those big warehouse grocery stores with cheaper prices...it just isn't the same as a regular grocery store. Just like it isn't the same to watch a big ticket movie on your couch versus a filled theater.

The meat at Costco alone is worth the price of admission.

Automation has been advancing for a long time. Remember when ATM machines took so many bank teller's jobs? When is the last time you dropped a roll of film off at a photobooth? Machines will be doing a lot more than flipping hamburgers, and it has nothing to do with people deserving a living wage.
True. But why hasten it by punishing companies that hire humans?

Companies are not punished. They are coddled.

Robots are assholes. They won't even accidentally throw an extra pickle on your burger. Two pickles every time, motherfucker.

Automation has been advancing for a long time. Remember when ATM machines took so many bank teller's jobs? When is the last time you dropped a roll of film off at a photobooth? Machines will be doing a lot more than flipping hamburgers, and it has nothing to do with people deserving a living wage.

You live in a fantasy land. I've owned five businesses, you've been a welfare recipient. Obviously you know better ...

I have noticed Dem's opposed cutting the BLOATED federal, state, and local vampire taxes on these businesses so they can afford to pay the employees more.
Leftist Starbucks just announced they're closing 150 stores in the #fightfor15 cities due to wages.
A lie, they are closing stores due to a poor showing in the last year.
Starbucks also plans to close about 150 company-operated American stores over its next fiscal year.

The closing stores are often in “major metro areas where increases in wage and occupancy and other regulatory requirements” are making them unprofitable, Johnson said. “Now, in a lot of ways, it’s middle America and the South that presents an opportunity.”
Not everyone can afford a $4 cup of coffee
"With about 14,000 stores domestically, Starbucks is now pumping the brakes on licensed and company-operated locations, with a renewed focus on rural and suburban areas"

Translation: We will be better off in conservative areas that don't have stupid regulations and over inflated minimum wage requirements.

Well, tech support and maintenance workers should make 15.00 or more an hour.

What does that have to do with unskilled minimum wage workers?

They will have to find another type of work. Feeding the Beast, I mean machines? A well designed machine would require minimal maintenance that a low skilled laborer could handle. Technicians would handle breakdowns, overhauls and software upgrades.

What are some examples of current automation that minimum wage workers can maintain?

Never saw that coming, didja?

The real minimum wage is $0.

The First Burger Built by a Robot Is About to Hit the Bay Area.

Actually, robotics aren't cheap. They simply dehumanize another industry and all industry centers around people. Without people there is no need for industry. And I wouldn't buy a robot-made hamburger ever. I can't wait for when there's an issue with your order and you have only a robot to straighten it out for you. But I understand the REAL desire behind robotization of our culture---- they say it is to save money up front, but the long term goal is to dehumanize people as well. You see the best human worker in the world to a business is one that is like a robot. We are already halfway there.

Never saw that coming, didja?

The real minimum wage is $0.

The First Burger Built by a Robot Is About to Hit the Bay Area.

Actually, robotics aren't cheap. They simply dehumanize another industry and all industry centers around people. Without people there is no need for industry. And I wouldn't buy a robot-made hamburger ever. I can't wait for when there's an issue with your order and you have only a robot to straighten it out for you. But I understand the REAL desire behind robotization of our culture---- they say it is to save money up front, but the long term goal is to dehumanize people as well. You see the best human worker in the world to a business is one that is like a robot. We are already halfway there.

I work in automation and your point is silly.

Ever hear of a vacuum cleaner or a thermostat?

They are dehumanizing?

Just look in the mirror to find your answer.

2 MS degrees and retiring at 50.

Nice!!!

You poor thing. Trapped in your delusions, with no clue where the ideas behind the computer you use to emit your ignorant rants originated.

Sad.
Not from San Francisco. More like Department of Defense or NASA.
You just keep going.

Sad.
Sure...I want to spend $10.00 on a Big Mac. I can see the skill involved in putting meat, lettuce, cheese and thousand island dressing on a bun.
No complaints about price inflation for fuel, though, right, right wingers.
/——/ Yes, but unlike you libs we don’t bitch, moan and complain 24/7. We adjust our budget and spending.
A fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage, now! The right wing, alleges they can handle it.

You live in a fantasy land. I've owned five businesses, you've been a welfare recipient. Obviously you know better ...
you get a tax break for paying wages. labor doesn't get a tax break for actually providing labor.

They've been saying that for over a HUNDRED YEARS, idiot!
No, a hundred years ago, we had 60+ hour, six day work weeks. And they never uttered a word about guaranteed basic income.

You're a liar and an idiot. Ever since the dawn of the age of automation, they have told us we'd be living like the Jetsons as a result of machines to do the work FOR us. I'm still waiting for it. Machines have taken a lot of jobs but we are still working just as hard. Americans are one of the most overworked and underpaid people in the world! Especially if you live in the North.
We are not working anywhere near as hard as we did one hundred years ago. Thanks to machines/automation. We are more PRODUCTIVE, but we are certainly not working harder.

For instance, a hundred years go, it took more than 50 percent of Americans to produce our food. And farming was back-breaking, difficult work.

Today, it takes less than 2 percent of Americans to feed not only ourselves, but a good chunk of the world! All due entirely to technological advancements.

I am starting to become accustomed to the massive ignorance of you rubes. That bothers me.

NONE OF THAT'S THE POINT. The promises of industrialization and automation have been a great lie. They will never pay you a living wage just to sit home on your ass. They've simply found new ways for people to work. Many people I know today work overtime with both husband and wife holding down full time jobs just to make ends meet. They are on call all the time, carry a cellphone or beeper. Never really off the clock. Many can no longer afford to have large families if any family at all. When I was a kid, the father worked, the mother raised the family and that was that. Not any more.
America is not working 60+ hour, six day work weeks as we were a hundred years ago, and dying at 35 years of age, broken and crippled.

You continue to blast your ignorance in public.

Carry on. :lol:

It is so useless trying to carry on a conversation with an absolute fucking moron with a 6th grade mentality such as yourself. I NEVER SAID everyone was or wasn't working 60 hours a week (though a lot still do), I even CONCEDED THAT, but as irrelevant to the point I was making! And it was mainly due to a lack of worker's rights, not automation. But you simply cannot get past that one single broken topic of yours, ignoring everything else I said as apparently too far over your head or simply not supporting what YOU want to believe, all the while, as usual, telling me about how I "blast my ignorance" to others. Only on USMB do such dimwits pass themselves off as "intellectuals."

Someone once famously said something to the effect that idiots like you always drag them down to their level of stupidity then beat you over the head with their far-greater experience at imbecility. There's no point trying to have a discussion with you.

And as to dying at 35 years old, I think you'd find if you actually checked your facts genius that life expectancy was closer to 50 years a century ago---- you're only off by A THIRD. And they died mainly due to lack of medical knowledge and care and other limited understandings, not "broken and crippled." And not because of a lack of automation. A lot of it was lack of worker rights and also the KINDS of jobs that were needed in those days. Gee, what a fucking moron jackass. There was 5 minutes of my life wasted.

No, a hundred years ago, we had 60+ hour, six day work weeks. And they never uttered a word about guaranteed basic income.

You're a liar and an idiot. Ever since the dawn of the age of automation, they have told us we'd be living like the Jetsons as a result of machines to do the work FOR us. I'm still waiting for it. Machines have taken a lot of jobs but we are still working just as hard. Americans are one of the most overworked and underpaid people in the world! Especially if you live in the North.
We are not working anywhere near as hard as we did one hundred years ago. Thanks to machines/automation. We are more PRODUCTIVE, but we are certainly not working harder.

For instance, a hundred years go, it took more than 50 percent of Americans to produce our food. And farming was back-breaking, difficult work.

Today, it takes less than 2 percent of Americans to feed not only ourselves, but a good chunk of the world! All due entirely to technological advancements.

I am starting to become accustomed to the massive ignorance of you rubes. That bothers me.

NONE OF THAT'S THE POINT. The promises of industrialization and automation have been a great lie. They will never pay you a living wage just to sit home on your ass. They've simply found new ways for people to work. Many people I know today work overtime with both husband and wife holding down full time jobs just to make ends meet. They are on call all the time, carry a cellphone or beeper. Never really off the clock. Many can no longer afford to have large families if any family at all. When I was a kid, the father worked, the mother raised the family and that was that. Not any more.
America is not working 60+ hour, six day work weeks as we were a hundred years ago, and dying at 35 years of age, broken and crippled.

You continue to blast your ignorance in public.

Carry on. :lol:

It is so useless trying to carry on a conversation with an absolute fucking moron with a 6th grade mentality such as yourself. I NEVER SAID everyone was or wasn't working 60 hours a week (though a lot still do), I even CONCEDED THAT, but as irrelevant to the point I was making! And it was mainly due to a lack of worker's rights, not automation. But you simply cannot get past that one single broken topic of yours, ignoring everything else I said as apparently too far over your head or simply not supporting what YOU want to believe, all the while, as usual, telling me about how I "blast my ignorance" to others. Only on USMB do such dimwits pass themselves off as "intellectuals."

Someone once famously said something to the effect that idiots like you always drag them down to their level of stupidity then beat you over the head with their far-greater experience at imbecility. There's no point trying to have a discussion with you.

And as to dying at 35 years old, I think you'd find if you actually checked your facts genius that life expectancy was closer to 50 years a century ago---- you're only off by A THIRD. And they died mainly due to lack of medical knowledge and care and other limited understandings, not "broken and crippled." And not because of a lack of automation. A lot of it was lack of worker rights and also the KINDS of jobs that were needed in those days. Gee, what a fucking moron jackass. There was 5 minutes of my life wasted.
Hey toobfreak don't let them suck you in. This just happened to me. I wasted about a hour look up the words he or she used.

Sure, I want $30.00 an hour to work at Taco Bell. All you Seattle and San Francisco liberals want is $$$ to fuel your heroin addiction.

Forum List

Back