#FIGHTFOR15: The First Burger Built by a Robot Is About to Hit the Bay Area

Yes, there is a problem, and that problem is getting worse every day. This world is entering a high tech phase of man vs machine, and a large percentage of the population of this nation is ill equipped to meet that challenge.

Our education system is, and has been for fifty years or more, in serious decline compared to other industrial nations, and even some 3rd world nations. Our public schools are graduating functional illiterates, and our public universities are turning out high school graduates at a record pace. Those who are not well grounded in reading, writing, and mathematics, will not fare well in the looming high tech economy.

For the sake of curiosity, are you older or younger than 40 years old?

I ask because the people who I hear clutching their pearls about this are almost always people who grew up before the internet, and haven't set foot in a public school or university in 20 or so years.

The "kids" today aren't as "illiterate" as you appear to think, particularly when it comes to technology. I suspect that most kids today are more technologically literate than most adults over the age of 40.

Apples and oranges. Young people today definitely know how to operate high tech gadgets. The question is do they know how to design, build, repair, etc., high tech gadgets? More importantly, do they have the math skills necessary to learn how to design, build and/or repair high tech gadgets?

And yes, the "kids" today, for the most part, are far more illiterate than you tend to think. Hundreds of thousands of good paying jobs today are unfilled because too few young people are qualified to fill those jobs.
Yep. That's what I keep saying. The solution to most of our problems is education. The days of growing up to work in the same factory as your daddy are long gone. We need to be educating our children for the jobs of tomorrow, not yesterday's jobs.

But the pseudocons are hell bent on keeping kids uneducated and ignorant.

The only people who can keep kids uneducated and ignorant are the kids and the people who teach them. Psedocons don't have a damn thing to do with it.
I guess you missed the whole brouhaha over Common Core.

You know. Spawned by Obama, endorsed by Satan, quack quack quack.

Your ignorance is showing. Common Core was an attempt to fix the problem that already existed. Like all the other attempts at a fix, it is a failure because it does not address the real problems. Teachers unions, political correctness, etc., are just some of the causes of kids getting screwed in public schools.

A 30 hour work week.

A guaranteed basic income.

A lot more leisure time.

It's all coming, kids.

"I don't WANT more time with my kids, dammit!"

They've been saying that for over a HUNDRED YEARS, idiot!
No, a hundred years ago, we had 60+ hour, six day work weeks. And they never uttered a word about guaranteed basic income.

You're a liar and an idiot. Ever since the dawn of the age of automation, they have told us we'd be living like the Jetsons as a result of machines to do the work FOR us. I'm still waiting for it. Machines have taken a lot of jobs but we are still working just as hard. Americans are one of the most overworked and underpaid people in the world! Especially if you live in the North.
We are not working anywhere near as hard as we did one hundred years ago. Thanks to machines/automation. We are more PRODUCTIVE, but we are certainly not working harder.

For instance, a hundred years go, it took more than 50 percent of Americans to produce our food. And farming was back-breaking, difficult work.

Today, it takes less than 2 percent of Americans to feed not only ourselves, but a good chunk of the world! All due entirely to technological advancements.

I am starting to become accustomed to the massive ignorance of you rubes. That bothers me.

NONE OF THAT'S THE POINT. The promises of industrialization and automation have been a great lie. They will never pay you a living wage just to sit home on your ass. They've simply found new ways for people to work. Many people I know today work overtime with both husband and wife holding down full time jobs just to make ends meet. They are on call all the time, carry a cellphone or beeper. Never really off the clock. Many can no longer afford to have large families if any family at all. When I was a kid, the father worked, the mother raised the family and that was that. Not any more.

For the sake of curiosity, are you older or younger than 40 years old?

I ask because the people who I hear clutching their pearls about this are almost always people who grew up before the internet, and haven't set foot in a public school or university in 20 or so years.

The "kids" today aren't as "illiterate" as you appear to think, particularly when it comes to technology. I suspect that most kids today are more technologically literate than most adults over the age of 40.

Apples and oranges. Young people today definitely know how to operate high tech gadgets. The question is do they know how to design, build, repair, etc., high tech gadgets? More importantly, do they have the math skills necessary to learn how to design, build and/or repair high tech gadgets?

And yes, the "kids" today, for the most part, are far more illiterate than you tend to think. Hundreds of thousands of good paying jobs today are unfilled because too few young people are qualified to fill those jobs.
Yep. That's what I keep saying. The solution to most of our problems is education. The days of growing up to work in the same factory as your daddy are long gone. We need to be educating our children for the jobs of tomorrow, not yesterday's jobs.

The only people who can keep kids uneducated and ignorant are the kids and the people who teach them. Psedocons don't have a damn thing to do with it.

Your ignorance is showing. Common Core was an attempt to fix the problem that already existed. Like all the other attempts at a fix, it is a failure because it does not address the real problems. Teachers unions, political correctness, etc., are just some of the causes of kids getting screwed in public schools.
Common Core was developed at the state level, and approved by 46 states. The federal government had no part in creating Common Core.

46 states.

Gee, I wonder if there were any red states in that list. Hmmmm...

Jan Brewer endorsed/enacted Common Core in her state.

Mike Huckabee endorsed Common Core.

Bobby Jindal endorsed/enacted Common Core in his state.

I guess they were all RINOs, huh?

But then one day, Barack Obama's Administration said all those red and blue states which had enacted Common Core qualified for the federal funding programs which all prior educational systems had qualified for. All the federal government was saying is that Common Core had met or exceeded the federal standards for education.

And suddenly, right out of Orwell's 1984, all the pseudocon proles were informed by their propagandists that Satan had tricked them and they all rushed to tear down the Common Core posters on the wall put there by Obama's undercover agents.

"We have always been at war with eastasia Common Core."

A 30 hour work week.

A lot more leisure time.

It's all coming, kids.

They've been saying that for over a HUNDRED YEARS, idiot!
No, a hundred years ago, we had 60+ hour, six day work weeks. And they never uttered a word about guaranteed basic income.

You're a liar and an idiot. Ever since the dawn of the age of automation, they have told us we'd be living like the Jetsons as a result of machines to do the work FOR us. I'm still waiting for it. Machines have taken a lot of jobs but we are still working just as hard. Americans are one of the most overworked and underpaid people in the world! Especially if you live in the North.
We are not working anywhere near as hard as we did one hundred years ago. Thanks to machines/automation. We are more PRODUCTIVE, but we are certainly not working harder.

For instance, a hundred years go, it took more than 50 percent of Americans to produce our food. And farming was back-breaking, difficult work.

Today, it takes less than 2 percent of Americans to feed not only ourselves, but a good chunk of the world! All due entirely to technological advancements.

I am starting to become accustomed to the massive ignorance of you rubes. That bothers me.

NONE OF THAT'S THE POINT. The promises of industrialization and automation have been a great lie. They will never pay you a living wage just to sit home on your ass. They've simply found new ways for people to work. Many people I know today work overtime with both husband and wife holding down full time jobs just to make ends meet. They are on call all the time, carry a cellphone or beeper. Never really off the clock. Many can no longer afford to have large families if any family at all. When I was a kid, the father worked, the mother raised the family and that was that. Not any more.
America is not working 60+ hour, six day work weeks as we were a hundred years ago, and dying at 35 years of age, broken and crippled.

You continue to blast your ignorance in public.

Carry on. :lol:

work_week.jpg

Hours of Work in U.S. History

Less hours, easier work. More leisure time.

Thanks to technology.

Fucking ignorant Luddites...

Too bad education is nothing but SJW victimhood nowadays........try espousing any point of view different for communism and they want you arrested and killed.
Math and science have fuck-all to do with politics.
And they aren't taught well in schools

science is now all about climate change and math, fuck do they even care if you get the correct answer any more, or will it hurt your self esteem too much to be wrong.
I find the horrible grammar and punctuation and lack of cohesion in your post deliciously ironic.

Common Core was developed at the state level, and approved by 46 states. The federal government had no part in creating Common Core.

46 states.

But then one day, Barack Obama's Administration said all those red and blue states which had enacted Common Core qualified for the federal funding programs which all prior educational systems had qualified for. All the federal government was saying is that Common Core had met or exceeded the federal standards for education.

And suddenly, right out of Orwell's 1984, all the pseudocon proles were informed by their propagandists that Satan had tricked them and they all rushed to tear down the Common Core posters on the wall put there by Obama's undercover agents.

Common Core is not the problem, and is obviously not the solution to our public school system. I spent a lot of years fixing production systems that began turning out bad results. One thing I learned early was that when a system was failing, the best thing to do was to go back to when the system was not failing and finding out what changes had been made to the process.

Today, the teacher unions pretty much run the public school systems and they run it for the benefit of the teachers, and not the students.

46 states.

An early example of Obama's Deep State.

Automation has been advancing for a long time. Remember when ATM machines took so many bank teller's jobs? When is the last time you dropped a roll of film off at a photobooth? Machines will be doing a lot more than flipping hamburgers, and it has nothing to do with people deserving a living wage.

People "DESERVE" what they can contribute to an employer in proportion to their SKILLS that earn the most for the company. Nothing more. How much is a "living wage"? What should a living wage support? One adult? Two adults? Two adults and a child? Two adults and two children?

The entire concept of a living wage is both unattainable, and moronic.

Last edited:
A 30 hour work week.

A lot more leisure time.

It's all coming, folks.

And when it arrives it will be paired with a massive government that will inform you how much that income will be (hint: poverty level). Where to report for your 30 hours. What that job will be and you can use that extra time off to scrounge the dumpsters of your government betters for food scraps and some socks with smaller holes than the ones you have on.

It. Will. Be. Paradise.

Never saw that coming, didja?

The real minimum wage is $0.

The First Burger Built by a Robot Is About to Hit the Bay Area.
Has nothing to do with minimum wage. I've been posting for a while now about automation making jobs obsolete. I can't find the post, but a few months ago I was saying that the day is coming when you walk into a fast food restaurant and will not interact with a human at all.

Nor will most people own a car. You will have a car subscription, similar to your cell phone subscription. You will summon an automated car to get to and from your job or wherever.

As a result of this, we will probably see a 30-hour work week in our lifetimes.

I hope not. 20 hours a week now is putting a crimp on my summer. Couldn't imagine having to work 30. Sounds like slavery.

The Bay Area is where our country's innovators are. So it is not surprising that is where the first robot burger flipper is from.
The Bay is where the frootloops are.Nothing innovative about them.
You poor thing. Trapped in your delusions, with no clue where the ideas behind the computer you use to emit your ignorant rants originated.

Sad.
Not from San Francisco. More like Department of Defense or NASA.
You just keep going.

Sad.
Sure...I want to spend $10.00 on a Big Mac. I can see the skill involved in putting meat, lettuce, cheese and thousand island dressing on a bun.
No complaints about price inflation for fuel, though, right, right wingers.

I have noticed Dem's opposed cutting the BLOATED federal, state, and local vampire taxes on these businesses so they can afford to pay the employees more.
Leftist Starbucks just announced they're closing 150 stores in the #fightfor15 cities due to wages.

And yet Starbucks has been paying $11 an hour since they first opened in Canada and are now paying $15 without closing stores.
Yuppies are willing to pay a lot of money for shit

I have noticed Dem's opposed cutting the BLOATED federal, state, and local vampire taxes on these businesses so they can afford to pay the employees more.
Leftist Starbucks just announced they're closing 150 stores in the #fightfor15 cities due to wages.

And yet Starbucks has been paying $11 an hour since they first opened in Canada and are now paying $15 without closing stores.
They are closing stores now!
Starbucks to Shut Down 150 Poorly Performing Stores Next Year

They are closing stores now!
Starbucks to Shut Down 150 Poorly Performing Stores Next Year
Most corporations have "well paid management", yet, still fail.

A lie, they are closing stores due to a poor showing in the last year.
Starbucks also plans to close about 150 company-operated American stores over its next fiscal year.

The closing stores are often in “major metro areas where increases in wage and occupancy and other regulatory requirements” are making them unprofitable, Johnson said. “Now, in a lot of ways, it’s middle America and the South that presents an opportunity.”
Not everyone can afford a $4 cup of coffee

A 30 hour work week.

A lot more leisure time.

It's all coming, folks.

Republicans would be outraged if workers actually had lives

A lie, they are closing stores due to a poor showing in the last year.
Starbucks also plans to close about 150 company-operated American stores over its next fiscal year.

The closing stores are often in “major metro areas where increases in wage and occupancy and other regulatory requirements” are making them unprofitable, Johnson said. “Now, in a lot of ways, it’s middle America and the South that presents an opportunity.”
Not everyone can afford a $4 cup of coffee
Especially when Dunkin Dounuts has coffee at half the price that tastes twice as good

Starbucks is suffering from market saturation. That's why they have to close stores in the US and start opening stores in other countries.

Forum List

Back