#FIGHTFOR15: The First Burger Built by a Robot Is About to Hit the Bay Area

Oh my. Robots as fast food workers. How ever will they pay the 3000 buck per month rent now?

With that said...I doubt I would ever participate in such a place. Kinda like those big warehouse grocery stores with cheaper prices...it just isn't the same as a regular grocery store. Just like it isn't the same to watch a big ticket movie on your couch versus a filled theater.
And yet movie theaters are being crushed by Netflix.

Oh my. Robots as fast food workers. How ever will they pay the 3000 buck per month rent now?

With that said...I doubt I would ever participate in such a place. Kinda like those big warehouse grocery stores with cheaper prices...it just isn't the same as a regular grocery store. Just like it isn't the same to watch a big ticket movie on your couch versus a filled theater.

They can go down the street, and get jobs at the burger robot factory. Or get trained to maintain burger robots.
Or invest in the robot company.

Never saw that coming, didja?

The real minimum wage is $0.

The First Burger Built by a Robot Is About to Hit the Bay Area.

Actually, robotics aren't cheap. They simply dehumanize another industry and all industry centers around people. Without people there is no need for industry. And I wouldn't buy a robot-made hamburger ever. I can't wait for when there's an issue with your order and you have only a robot to straighten it out for you. But I understand the REAL desire behind robotization of our culture---- they say it is to save money up front, but the long term goal is to dehumanize people as well. You see the best human worker in the world to a business is one that is like a robot. We are already halfway there.
/—-/ Soon you won’t know what is built by a robot including your car.

I don't CARE who builds my car because I don't need to be there while its being built! I care about those things that require personal interaction, and when I call a company with as problem or go to eat, it is the personal interaction and human element which makes all the difference! Anyone can see that that hasn't had their brain drained by living in a vacuum world of internet social media as a plastic substitute for real social interaction. I neither want nor need robots and computers running my life for me--- --- I don't want to LOSE the ability to do and think for myself.

I do robots and other such worker replacement tech. We do way better than 15 an hour but my job is to replace 20 people at 15 so it works for me.
That's the issue. And one day they'll make a robot to replace you.

There's 2 lines on a collision path - reducing headcount with technology and the lack of a middle class to support spending money on technology.
True. But is the solution minimum wage increases? Or does that drive the tech? Unless the left starts charging robots minimum wage the tech is going to win. And actually the tech still wins they don’t call in sick or drunk.
Like I said earlier, I see no solution until everything crashes and somehow civilization resets itself.
That very well could be what has to happen. In the mean time though the government will never be able to enforce hiring people and paying them more than they’re worth on business.

Maybe we have reached peak big city here. Millions in a city fighting over check out clerk jobs may not be the solution.
The June primaries in California showed a lot of surprising backlash against Democrats. I think people are fed up and want someone to act. That's what got Trump the outsider elected.
Not in California it didn't.

What got Trump the Huckster elected was making promises to the rubes he had no intention nor ability to keep.

There's 2 lines on a collision path - reducing headcount with technology and the lack of a middle class to support spending money on technology.
True. But is the solution minimum wage increases? Or does that drive the tech? Unless the left starts charging robots minimum wage the tech is going to win. And actually the tech still wins they don’t call in sick or drunk.
Like I said earlier, I see no solution until everything crashes and somehow civilization resets itself.
That very well could be what has to happen. In the mean time though the government will never be able to enforce hiring people and paying them more than they’re worth on business.

Maybe we have reached peak big city here. Millions in a city fighting over check out clerk jobs may not be the solution.
The June primaries in California showed a lot of surprising backlash against Democrats. I think people are fed up and want someone to act. That's what got Trump the outsider elected.

What got Trump the Huckster elected was making promises to the rubes he had no intention nor ability to keep.
No. What got him elected was the majority are sick of pussy presidents and career politicians.

Never saw that coming, didja?

The real minimum wage is $0.

The First Burger Built by a Robot Is About to Hit the Bay Area.

Actually, robotics aren't cheap. They simply dehumanize another industry and all industry centers around people. Without people there is no need for industry. And I wouldn't buy a robot-made hamburger ever. I can't wait for when there's an issue with your order and you have only a robot to straighten it out for you. But I understand the REAL desire behind robotization of our culture---- they say it is to save money up front, but the long term goal is to dehumanize people as well. You see the best human worker in the world to a business is one that is like a robot. We are already halfway there.
And I won't get into one of those flying contraptions, either! Nor one of those horseless carriages. They are dehumanizing.

A 30 hour work week.

A guaranteed basic income.

A lot more leisure time.

It's all coming, folks.

"I don't WANT more time with my kids, dammit!"

Last edited:
There's no dilemma of "wages vs. technology". It's not a real problem.

Technology advances, and the economy adapts. That's how it goes. If burger robots catch on (which I doubt will happen), then I have no tears to shed for Mcdonalds cooks, just like I didn't shed tears for the employees of Borders Books, or all the wheelwrights and buggy-whip makers.

We (humans) are very good at adapting. There are millions of people working in fields that didn't exist 20 years ago.

Yes, there is a problem, and that problem is getting worse every day. This world is entering a high tech phase of man vs machine, and a large percentage of the population of this nation is ill equipped to meet that challenge.

Our education system is, and has been for fifty years or more, in serious decline compared to other industrial nations, and even some 3rd world nations. Our public schools are graduating functional illiterates, and our public universities are turning out high school graduates at a record pace. Those who are not well grounded in reading, writing, and mathematics, will not fare well in the looming high tech economy.

For the sake of curiosity, are you older or younger than 40 years old?

I ask because the people who I hear clutching their pearls about this are almost always people who grew up before the internet, and haven't set foot in a public school or university in 20 or so years.

The "kids" today aren't as "illiterate" as you appear to think, particularly when it comes to technology. I suspect that most kids today are more technologically literate than most adults over the age of 40.

Apples and oranges. Young people today definitely know how to operate high tech gadgets. The question is do they know how to design, build, repair, etc., high tech gadgets? More importantly, do they have the math skills necessary to learn how to design, build and/or repair high tech gadgets?

And yes, the "kids" today, for the most part, are far more illiterate than you tend to think. Hundreds of thousands of good paying jobs today are unfilled because too few young people are qualified to fill those jobs.

No. What got him elected was the majority are sick of pussy presidents and career politicians.
We get the politicians we deserve. If you are angry, look in the mirror. There is your culprit.

And now we deserve a huckster.

Well he has kept his promises
And he got elected because we wanted to blow up Washington politically, so they more they cry about that's not how you're supposed to do it in DC, the more we laugh and grin. I love the fact that people are trying to separate his supporters from him and we know they are (like saying he flip flopped on immigration after that EO), we know the press is full of shit, but it's funny, because they don't know why we support him....we've said, they've ignored....and they will....the pompous elites just don't get it....and we'll continue to send them messages until they do.

Automation has been advancing for a long time. Remember when ATM machines took so many bank teller's jobs? When is the last time you dropped a roll of film off at a photobooth? Machines will be doing a lot more than flipping hamburgers, and it has nothing to do with people deserving a living wage.

Well the reality is machines will replace those like you and the sooner the better...

You want a living wage then do something that is worth being paid that living wage and flipping a burger is not one of those jobs!
I don't think hookers should cost so much either.
If they get to expensive they can be replaced by Robots

harmony-sex-robot.jpg

Just put your money in the slot
we want to "lose simple low wage jobs" whenever possible.

A fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage can do that by government fiat. Moving the "goalposts" is a function of Government.
We haven’t touched minimum wage in 10 years

$15 an hour barely makes even

Robot burgers. Bay region. You wonder why Democrats cannot win an election.

Technology advances, and the economy adapts. That's how it goes. If burger robots catch on (which I doubt will happen), then I have no tears to shed for Mcdonalds cooks, just like I didn't shed tears for the employees of Borders Books, or all the wheelwrights and buggy-whip makers.

We (humans) are very good at adapting. There are millions of people working in fields that didn't exist 20 years ago.

Yes, there is a problem, and that problem is getting worse every day. This world is entering a high tech phase of man vs machine, and a large percentage of the population of this nation is ill equipped to meet that challenge.

Our education system is, and has been for fifty years or more, in serious decline compared to other industrial nations, and even some 3rd world nations. Our public schools are graduating functional illiterates, and our public universities are turning out high school graduates at a record pace. Those who are not well grounded in reading, writing, and mathematics, will not fare well in the looming high tech economy.

I ask because the people who I hear clutching their pearls about this are almost always people who grew up before the internet, and haven't set foot in a public school or university in 20 or so years.

The "kids" today aren't as "illiterate" as you appear to think, particularly when it comes to technology. I suspect that most kids today are more technologically literate than most adults over the age of 40.

Apples and oranges. Young people today definitely know how to operate high tech gadgets. The question is do they know how to design, build, repair, etc., high tech gadgets? More importantly, do they have the math skills necessary to learn how to design, build and/or repair high tech gadgets?

And yes, the "kids" today, for the most part, are far more illiterate than you tend to think. Hundreds of thousands of good paying jobs today are unfilled because too few young people are qualified to fill those jobs.
Yep. That's what I keep saying. The solution to most of our problems is education. The days of growing up to work in the same factory as your daddy are long gone. We need to be educating our children for the jobs of tomorrow, not yesterday's jobs.

But the pseudocons are hell bent on keeping kids uneducated and ignorant.

We get the politicians we deserve. If you are angry, look in the mirror. There is your culprit.

Bullshit, I didn't vote for Obama, I got him anyway. But with Trump, Washington did get what they deserve.......as Carville put it, we rolled a hand grenade into DC knowig full well he would disrupt and irritate the establishment.....Trump has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

Trump is exactly what we deserve
The rest of the world doesn’t

Robot burgers. Bay region. You wonder why Democrats cannot win an election.
The Bay Area is where our country's innovators are. So it is not surprising that is where the first robot burger flipper is from.

Automation has been advancing for a long time. Remember when ATM machines took so many bank teller's jobs? When is the last time you dropped a roll of film off at a photobooth? Machines will be doing a lot more than flipping hamburgers, and it has nothing to do with people deserving a living wage.

Well the reality is machines will replace those like you and the sooner the better...

You want a living wage then do something that is worth being paid that living wage and flipping a burger is not one of those jobs!
I don't think hookers should cost so much either.
If they get to expensive they can be replaced by Robots

harmony-sex-robot.jpg

Just put your money in the slot
we want to "lose simple low wage jobs" whenever possible.

A fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage can do that by government fiat. Moving the "goalposts" is a function of Government.
We haven’t touched minimum wage in 10 years

$15 an hour barely makes even
$15.00 minimum wage? Your not being serious are you?

Yep. That's what I keep saying. The solution to most of our problems is education. The days of growing up to work in the same factory as your daddy are long gone. We need to be educating our children for the jobs of tomorrow, not yesterday's jobs.

But the pseudocons are hell bent on keeping kids uneducated and ignorant.
Too bad education is nothing but SJW victimhood nowadays........try espousing any point of view different for communism and they want you arrested and killed.

Bullshit, I didn't vote for Obama, I got him anyway. But with Trump, Washington did get what they deserve.......as Carville put it, we rolled a hand grenade into DC knowig full well he would disrupt and irritate the establishment.....Trump has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.
Well, you certainly are dreaming. That's for sure.

Forum List

Back