#FIGHTFOR15: The First Burger Built by a Robot Is About to Hit the Bay Area

Automation has been advancing for a long time. Remember when ATM machines took so many bank teller's jobs? When is the last time you dropped a roll of film off at a photobooth? Machines will be doing a lot more than flipping hamburgers, and it has nothing to do with people deserving a living wage.

Well the reality is machines will replace those like you and the sooner the better...

You want a living wage then do something that is worth being paid that living wage and flipping a burger is not one of those jobs!
I don't think hookers should cost so much either.
If they get to expensive they can be replaced by Robots

harmony-sex-robot.jpg

Just put your money in the slot
we want to "lose simple low wage jobs" whenever possible.

A fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage can do that by government fiat. Moving the "goalposts" is a function of Government.
Not in areas with a high cost of living.

Automation has been advancing for a long time. Remember when ATM machines took so many bank teller's jobs? When is the last time you dropped a roll of film off at a photobooth? Machines will be doing a lot more than flipping hamburgers, and it has nothing to do with people deserving a living wage.

Well the reality is machines will replace those like you and the sooner the better...

You want a living wage then do something that is worth being paid that living wage and flipping a burger is not one of those jobs!

harmony-sex-robot.jpg

A fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage can do that by government fiat. Moving the "goalposts" is a function of Government.
Why not? High cost of living issues is what a higher minimum wage is meant to address.

Never saw that coming, didja?

The real minimum wage is $0.

The First Burger Built by a Robot Is About to Hit the Bay Area.

Actually, robotics aren't cheap. They simply dehumanize another industry and all industry centers around people. Without people there is no need for industry. And I wouldn't buy a robot-made hamburger ever. I can't wait for when there's an issue with your order and you have only a robot to straighten it out for you. But I understand the REAL desire behind robotization of our culture---- they say it is to save money up front, but the long term goal is to dehumanize people as well. You see the best human worker in the world to a business is one that is like a robot. We are already halfway there.

I have noticed Dem's opposed cutting the BLOATED federal, state, and local vampire taxes on these businesses so they can afford to pay the employees more.
Leftist Starbucks just announced they're closing 150 stores in the #fightfor15 cities due to wages.
A lie, they are closing stores due to a poor showing in the last year.
Starbucks also plans to close about 150 company-operated American stores over its next fiscal year.

The closing stores are often in “major metro areas where increases in wage and occupancy and other regulatory requirements” are making them unprofitable, Johnson said. “Now, in a lot of ways, it’s middle America and the South that presents an opportunity.”

Don't worry, they tell us that we'll all just have jobs one day building robots and that's still employment. Though limited and certainly not a base for the large numbers of people necessary to be employed to maintain a normal homebuying/consuming economy.

Will payroll taxes on robot-factory workers be 95% to pay for the other 95% of people who can't find jobs so they can have a food stamp card where they live in a tarp on the sidewalk because they can't afford to buy a home or food?

Ever hear of market clearing price and competition?

Actually, robotics aren't cheap. They simply dehumanize another industry and all industry centers around people. Without people there is no need for industry. And I wouldn't buy a robot-made hamburger ever. I can't wait for when there's an issue with your order and you have only a robot to straighten it out for you. But I understand the REAL desire behind robotization of our culture---- they say it is to save money up front, but the long term goal is to dehumanize people as well. You see the best human worker in the world to a business is one that is like a robot. We are already halfway there.

I work in automation and your point is silly.

Ever hear of a vacuum cleaner or a thermostat?

They are dehumanizing?

harmony-sex-robot.jpg

I think New York states min wage is different in parts of the state . Which makes sense when you compare cost of living in NYC vs niagra falls .

Well, tech support and maintenance workers should make 15.00 or more an hour.

What does that have to do with unskilled minimum wage workers?

They will have to find another type of work. Feeding the Beast, I mean machines? A well designed machine would require minimal maintenance that a low skilled laborer could handle. Technicians would handle breakdowns, overhauls and software upgrades.

/—-/ Soon you won’t know what is built by a robot including your car.

I have noticed Dem's opposed cutting the BLOATED federal, state, and local vampire taxes on these businesses so they can afford to pay the employees more.
Leftist Starbucks just announced they're closing 150 stores in the #fightfor15 cities due to wages.
A lie, they are closing stores due to a poor showing in the last year.
Starbucks also plans to close about 150 company-operated American stores over its next fiscal year.

The closing stores are often in “major metro areas where increases in wage and occupancy and other regulatory requirements” are making them unprofitable, Johnson said. “Now, in a lot of ways, it’s middle America and the South that presents an opportunity.”
Seems like a maturing market and more competition:

“The competitive environment has really become a lot stronger in the U.S. and a lot of that is the fast-food chains really improving the quality and breadth of their offerings in terms of hot beverages and breakfast,” said Bloomberg Intelligence analyst Jennifer Bartashus. Americans can “get that same flavor profile at a much lower price somewhere else. That becomes an area of concern for Starbucks.”

Don't worry, they tell us that we'll all just have jobs one day building robots and that's still employment. Though limited and certainly not a base for the large numbers of people necessary to be employed to maintain a normal homebuying/consuming economy.

Will payroll taxes on robot-factory workers be 95% to pay for the other 95% of people who can't find jobs so they can have a food stamp card where they live in a tarp on the sidewalk because they can't afford to buy a home or food?
/——/ The Industrial Revolution caused the same wild eyed panic but everyone managed to find a job and there was no minimum wage.

There's no dilemma of "wages vs. technology". It's not a real problem.

Technology advances, and the economy adapts. That's how it goes. If burger robots catch on (which I doubt will happen), then I have no tears to shed for Mcdonalds cooks, just like I didn't shed tears for the employees of Borders Books, or all the wheelwrights and buggy-whip makers.

We (humans) are very good at adapting. There are millions of people working in fields that didn't exist 20 years ago.

Yes, there is a problem, and that problem is getting worse every day. This world is entering a high tech phase of man vs machine, and a large percentage of the population of this nation is ill equipped to meet that challenge.

Our education system is, and has been for fifty years or more, in serious decline compared to other industrial nations, and even some 3rd world nations. Our public schools are graduating functional illiterates, and our public universities are turning out high school graduates at a record pace. Those who are not well grounded in reading, writing, and mathematics, will not fare well in the looming high tech economy.

I work in automation and your point is silly.

Ever hear of a vacuum cleaner or a thermostat?

They are dehumanizing?

Just look in the mirror to find your answer.

There's no dilemma of "wages vs. technology". It's not a real problem.

Technology advances, and the economy adapts. That's how it goes. If burger robots catch on (which I doubt will happen), then I have no tears to shed for Mcdonalds cooks, just like I didn't shed tears for the employees of Borders Books, or all the wheelwrights and buggy-whip makers.

We (humans) are very good at adapting. There are millions of people working in fields that didn't exist 20 years ago.

Yes, there is a problem, and that problem is getting worse every day. This world is entering a high tech phase of man vs machine, and a large percentage of the population of this nation is ill equipped to meet that challenge.

Our education system is, and has been for fifty years or more, in serious decline compared to other industrial nations, and even some 3rd world nations. Our public schools are graduating functional illiterates, and our public universities are turning out high school graduates at a record pace. Those who are not well grounded in reading, writing, and mathematics, will not fare well in the looming high tech economy.

For the sake of curiosity, are you older or younger than 40 years old?

I ask because the people who I hear clutching their pearls about this are almost always people who grew up before the internet, and haven't set foot in a public school or university in 20 or so years.

The "kids" today aren't as "illiterate" as you appear to think, particularly when it comes to technology. I suspect that most kids today are more technologically literate than most adults over the age of 40.

One way to drive out Republicans.

Take away the only job they are qualified for.
Thanks for the lesson on leftist tolerance.
Go look at the posts on babies being ripped from their mother's arms coming from your kind and tell us about "tolerance".

Wasn't it you who said, "Its to troll the Leftards, and they fell for it hook, line, sinker." Referring to Melania Trump's "I don't care" jacket when it came to immigrant children being ripped from their mother's arms?

Aren't you the slime that posts threads complaining the minimum wage is too much?

Starbucks Closing 150 Stores Do to Higher Min Wage

Yea, you are one piece of work. You show us what tolerance isn't.

STFU!

Abject ignorance appears to be your chief debating skill.

Ripping babies from the mothers ares has been a fact of life in this nation for many decades. It happens just about every time a mother is arrested and sent to jail for some offense. Yet, it only seems to bother you left wing nut jobs when it happens to illegal immigrants.

The cost of labor is the major business expense for most businesses, and especially small businesses. When that cost goes up, for any reason, business has to consider the consequences and react accordingly. Those who think that raising the cost of labor is no big deal are only those who have little knowledge of business, and/or lousy math skills.

Forum List

Back