🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Filmmaker Who Targeted ACORN Arrested in Alleged Senate Phone Scheme

O'Keefe claims that he and his friends went into the Senator's office after two months of her claiming her phones were too jammed to take calls (most of these calls were angry ones over her bribed vote on health care). They posed as telephone repairmen; it was a bad choice for a disguise, but this is beside the point, which is this: An elected official not being accountable for her actions to her constituents. It was and is still a story.

What is the story?

Are you advocating criminal acts?

Do you realize that there are tons right-wing media nuts willling to devote every waking hour to "exposing" the leftwing "atrocities" and "media bias" and they manage to do so without getting arrested? O'Keef''s stunt was not journalism and he is not some sort of "hero" - he's just stupid and the people making excuses for him are even more so.

O'Keefe also states emphatically that they had no thought, intention, or the equipment to tap phones. They simply wanted to make sure that the phones were working and that they were not jammed. ...and thus you understand why the fishiness over the charges...and lack of evidence.

What's fishy is, given the complexity of the phone wiring - how exactly he would be able to tell if they were or were not working?

The media ran with the story the way they wanted to it to read, not the story it actually was.

You mean the story as O'Keefe claims?

And Mary Landrieu's office is still ignoring calls from the people of Louisiana

If they're pissed enough they'll vote her out of office.

Stick a fork in her, she's toast

toast.png

It would be nice to see the old Frank back again...the one of 2, 3, 4 years ago. That guy was a joker, sure but at least he was generally honest and real.

Someone else has inhabited your persona Frank, and that guy is dishonest and ugly.

It's really a shame Frank. Seriously.

I don't take well to having a Marxists in the White House and a Congress looking to get my HeatlhCare proxy.

Get back to me after the Dems lose 100 seats this fall and Obama decides to quit the White House because the job is too small and confining for his greatness

Since there is not a marxist in the WH, you should be cool...........but you're not. So what's really the problem, Frank?

O'Keefe claims that he and his friends went into the Senator's office after two months of her claiming her phones were too jammed to take calls (most of these calls were angry ones over her bribed vote on health care). They posed as telephone repairmen; it was a bad choice for a disguise, but this is beside the point, which is this: An elected official not being accountable for her actions to her constituents. It was and is still a story.

O'Keefe also states emphatically that they had no thought, intention, or the equipment to tap phones. They simply wanted to make sure that the phones were working and that they were not jammed. ...and thus you understand why the fishiness over the charges...and lack of evidence.

The media ran with the story the way they wanted to it to read, not the story it actually was.

Yup!! That's my read on it too!

Yeah, there were some teenagers that broke in to a house down the street from Frank, while the owners were on vacation.

When the cops caught them, they claimed they had heard a ruckus inside and were there to help whoever it was who was in trouble.

Everyone thought their story was bullshit, except Frank, who had discovered that they were registered Republicans, and therefore were obviously innocent.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

And Mary Landrieu's office is still ignoring calls from the people of Louisiana

If she spent more tax dollars hiring more people and buying more phones, would you be happy or complain about that too.

There's this new invention called email. There's this old thing called a fax. And there's an ancient way of communicating called writing a letter.

If teabaggers really honestly wanted to get a message to her, they could.

This is all just a dishonest propaganda machine, fueled by Focus on the Family and the right wing machine.

Hey Cruising for Skanks, what is it that makes you have such a large boy crush on James The Queef?

Are you both considering moving to California so that you can defeat Prop 8 and finally get that white house with the picket fence and 2 cats?

Yup!! That's my read on it too!

Yeah, there were some teenagers that broke in to a house down the street from Frank, while the owners were on vacation.

When the cops caught them, they claimed they had heard a ruckus inside and were there to help whoever it was who was in trouble.

Everyone thought their story was bullshit, except Frank, who had discovered that they were registered Republicans, and therefore were obviously innocent.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Total Fail:cool:

The lack of evidence is all the proof needed. The truth is that you, like the MSM, want these guys to be guilty BECAUSE they are conservatives.

The media ran with a story that has already been proven false. There was no wire-tap plot. There was no equipment for tapping phones on them. What there was were 4 young adults trying to break a story. That they used poor judgement in how they tried to break that story (impersonating repairmen) is not to be defended...but that is NOT the story that led front pages.

What is the story?

Are you advocating criminal acts?

Do you realize that there are tons right-wing media nuts willling to devote every waking hour to "exposing" the leftwing "atrocities" and "media bias" and they manage to do so without getting arrested? O'Keef''s stunt was not journalism and he is not some sort of "hero" - he's just stupid and the people making excuses for him are even more so.

What's fishy is, given the complexity of the phone wiring - how exactly he would be able to tell if they were or were not working?

You mean the story as O'Keefe claims?

What criminal act, apart from them impersonating repairmen, did they participate in? I make no excuses for them with regards to that. I do defend them against false accusations and a media unwilling to act like journalists themselves.

As to your silly remark about how they can tell if the phones are truly jammed? It's called observation. That is why he was filming them. Seeing if they were able to answer phones. That is why one man picked up the phone to see if there was an actual dial tone. I know this might seem on the surface as a complicated operation...but really DUH.

Yes, I mean the story the accused claims. The story that is supported by the lack of any other kind of evidence to even HINT at what the media accused him of.

The lack of evidence is all the proof needed. The truth is that you, like the MSM, want these guys to be guilty BECAUSE they are conservatives.

The media ran with a story that has already been proven false. There was no wire-tap plot. There was no equipment for tapping phones on them. What there was were 4 young adults trying to break a story. That they used poor judgement in how they tried to break that story (impersonating repairmen) is not to be defended...but that is NOT the story that led front pages.

Umm, yeah, no.

If the people who broke in were well-known liberal activists, and this had been a Republican Senators office, FoxNews, Rush Limbaugh, etc, would have run it as their top story for about 3 weeks, or until the trial, whichever came first.

They, and you, would have been screaming for blood, continuously, until there wasn't an untainted jury pool in the country.

These 4 men, who were all well-known political activists in the self-admitted style of 60's left-wing revolutionaries, were caught red-handed committing fraud, and trespassing, at the very least.

And, you're right, we don't know what they were doing.

Perhaps they were particularly mad at the Senator and were there to assault her.

Perhaps they were there to see if they could steal some files in the hope of finding some incriminating evidence against her.

We will never know what their intentions actually were, since after they were caught they claimed Rush Limbaugh's after-the-fact explanation to be the truth.

What we do know is that they broke in to the Senators office, using disguises, and obviously had some illegal purpose in mind.

Last edited:
What criminal act, apart from them impersonating repairmen, did they participate in? I make no excuses for them with regards to that. I do defend them against false accusations and a media unwilling to act like journalists themselves.

As to your silly remark about how they can tell if the phones are truly jammed? It's called observation. That is why he was filming them. Seeing if they were able to answer phones. That is why one man picked up the phone to see if there was an actual dial tone. I know this might seem on the surface as a complicated operation...but really DUH.

Yes, I mean the story the accused claims. The story that is supported by the lack of any other kind of evidence to even HINT at what the media accused him of.

Criminal acts:

Fraud, trespassing, and endangering a US Senator.

Same crimes they would have been guilty of if they had infiltrated the White House or the Capital Building.

Since they were trying to access the telephone closet, it is quite obvious to EVERYONE that their INTENT was to commit espionage against a US Senator's communications, whether it was to shut them down or to plant bugs.

Everyone that is, except right-wing lunatics, like yourself apparently.

Last edited:

Umm, yeah, no.

If the people who broke in were well-known liberal activists, and this had been a Republican Senators office, FoxNews, Rush Limbaugh, etc, would have run it as their top story for about 3 weeks, or until the trial, whichever came first.

They, and you, would have been screaming for blood, continuously, until there wasn't an untainted jury pool in the country.

These 4 men, who were all well-known political activists in the self-admitted style of 60's left-wing revolutionaries, were caught red-handed committing fraud, and trespassing, at the very least.

Perhaps they were particularly mad at the Senator and were there to assault her.

Perhaps they were there to see if they could steal some files in the hope of finding some incriminating evidence against her.

We will never know what their intentions actually were, since after they were caught they claimed Rush Limbaugh's after-the-fact explanation to be the truth.

What we do know is that they broke in to the Senators office, using disguises, and obviously had some illegal purpose in mind.

Come on now, they did not break into anyplace. they entered a federal building through the door while it was open. They did it under false pretense but they did not break in.

Criminal acts:

Fraud, trespassing, and endangering a US Senator.

Same crimes they would have been guilty of if they had infiltrated the White House or the Capital Building.

Since they were trying to access the telephone closet, it is quite obvious to EVERYONE that their INTENT was to commit espionage against a US Senator's communications, whether it was to shut them down or to plant bugs.

Everyone that is, except right-wing lunatics, like yourself apparently.

Fraud, yes.
Trespassing, no. Federal Building but also a public office.
Endangering a US Senator or anyone, Never make that one stick.

Umm, yeah, no.

No one broke into any office; they walked in through the front door. They did pose as repairmen. They did not have any phone tap devices. He was filming them secretly. One of them did pick up a phone to make sure that they worked. You see, their version of the incident is consistent with the evidence. The MSM's and your Kool-Aid drinking version is inconsistent and does not align with the evidence.
That you need to exaggerate the facts and assume facts not in evidence is proof of your faulty reasoning and partisan politics.

Come on now, they did not break into anyplace. they entered a federal building through the door while it was open. They did it under false pretense but they did not break in.

Fraud, yes.

Listen Ollie, I personally don't think any of the above is true.

I don't think these guys were endangering anybody.

But if you want to open up their obvious motive for interpretation, you have to open it up to the bad as well as the good.

That's my only point with that.

Fraud, yes.

Listen Ollie, I personally don't think any of the above is true.

I don't think these guys were endangering anybody.

But if you want to open up their obvious motive for interpretation, you have to open it up to the bad as well as the good.

That's my only point with that.

What will probably happen is a slap on the wrist. They really don't have that much they can make stick. Fact is they may have moved in on them too soon. I would love to know what they thought they could do in the line closet.

No one broke into any office; they walked in through the front door. They did pose as repairmen. They did not have any phone tap devices. He was filming them secretly. One of them did pick up a phone to make sure that they worked. You see, their version of the incident is consistent with the evidence. The MSM's and your Kool-Aid drinking version is inconsistent and does not align with the evidence.
That you need to exaggerate the facts and assume facts not in evidence is proof of your faulty reasoning and partisan politics.

Assuming disguises and entering a secure area under false pretenses is in fact "Breaking In". You don't have to physically break locks to be performing a "break in".

breaking and entering
n. 1) the criminal act of entering a residence or other enclosed property through the slightest amount of force (even pushing open a door), without authorization. If there is intent to commit a crime, this is burglary. If there is no such intent, the breaking and entering alone is probably at least illegal trespass, which is a misdemeanor crime. 2) the criminal charge for the above.

law.com Law Dictionary

So when they touched the door to attempt to gain access to the phone closet, they were in fact "Breaking and Entering".

What will probably happen is a slap on the wrist. They really don't have that much they can make stick. Fact is they may have moved in on them too soon. I would love to know what they thought they could do in the line closet.

I would too. That FBI agent was a hack, he should have let them do the deed, and then nailed them afterwards.

Forum List

Back