Finally! First Gay Marriage In Florida!

I am not backpedaling, you are still an idiot.
Okay homophobe
I am not a homophobe, I just happen to know the truth, unlike you idiot.
I
Catholics believe that divorce is a sin and there should be no remarriage. I am not a catholic. I do not quote scripture but the Bible does permit divorce. Moses recognized divorce. Jesus recognized divorce under Mosaic law but said that was not what God originally intended.

See, one of the objections I have to Christians claiming that they are against homosexuality because of the Bible is that they seem so unaware of what the Bible says.

8Jesus replied, “Moses permitted divorce only as a concession to your hard hearts, but it was not what God had originally intended.9And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery—unless his wife has been unfaithful.d

Adultery is certainly a sin

Jesus confirms that later in the same section:

16 Someone came to Jesus with this question: “Teacher,f what good deed must I do to have eternal life?”

17“Why ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. But to answer your question—if you want to receive eternal life, keepg the commandments.”

18“Which ones?” the man asked.

And Jesus replied: “‘You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. 19Honor your father and mother. Love your neighbor as yourself.’h

Are you as appalled by Newt Gingrich marrying his third wife as you are about homosexuals marrying in Florida?

If not- why not?

Because it's not about sinning, everyone sins, and no one sin is greater or smaller than another. And salvation through Christ is on an individual and personal level, certainly not a government level. I believe that those who oppose SSM because of religion alone are wasting their time. It's more about normalizing the abnormal and that being accepted as okay in our society, and changing the meaning and definition of an institution that is sanctioned by God, just another attack on religion, another way to undermine it and defeat it. Personally I could care less if they're legally allowed to 'marry', but don't tell me it's normal behavior.

"Normal"- going to a synogogue is not 'normal' behavior. Driving a race car is not normal- heck driving a motorcycle is not a 'normal' behavior.

You don't have to accept any of those things- as long as you are not trying to oppose equal treatment under the law, I am find with it.

But that's exactly what they're doing, they're not happy with so called 'equal treatment under the law', which if it were up to me would be a real thing, and not just a bullshit phrase, they want to be accepted as normal. They want two men or two women wanting to have sex with each other as normal, and that's why it's everywhere in the media, to indoctrinate the next generation to see it as such. What else can the masses be convinced of as 'normal', and therefore sanction it? It's a dangerous path for society to be on. They would have easily gotten civil unions where their union was recognized under the law, that wasn't good enough, only 'marriage' was good enough. Why? Because it has nothing to do with legalities at all.

In Florida same gender couples will now be able to have the exact same legal marriage as my wife and I have.

That is what they were seeking- and that is what they now have.

'Easily gotten civil unions'- essentially the same states that outlawed gay marriage also refused to accept civil unions- which is why I changed my mind about gay marriage- at one time I thought 'civil unions' were a reasonable compromise- then the bigots fought civil unions too- and I realized that the bigots would fight either one- so I should advocate for full equality- not 'seperate but equal'.

Why is it everywhere in media? Not because homosexuals are forcing media to promote them- its because media goes where the money is. And advertisers think that gay accepting shows sell their products.

The media is liberal, their social agenda trumps money, they just haven't pushed the envelope quite far enough, little at a time until the current generation sees it as 'normal', and others don't stop watching their shows.

Prove it, what chapter and verse? Otherwise shut up.

Leviticus 11:7-8
And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you.

Isaiah 66:17
“Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go into the gardens, following one in the midst, eating pig's flesh and the abomination and mice, shall come to an end together, declares the Lord.
My Bible says Rats but same meaning. The dietary laws were changed by Jesus. The sin of homosexuality is covered under sexual immorality which Jesus speaks about.

Jesus changed dietary laws?

I didn't know that.

Please post the bible verse .............................

Thanks.

And you ASSSume what Jesus meant to say?

:eusa_angel:

I love to stay for this but alas, can't.

Have fun wriggling.

:lame2:

You claim to be an atheist expert, but you have no basic understanding of the Christian religion, and make a fool of yourself by even attempting to discuss it.

Newby

Liar.

I have never claimed to be an "atheist expert".

As to claiming to being an expert on the bible, please see Newby post below ...

Equality means each person gets to marry the consenting adult of his or her choice. Terms redefine, and this is one of those times. I know you don't like it, but you don't have the right to deny happiness to others in matrimony and love.

That it disturbs your sensibility is understood, but your sensibility is not constitutionally protected.

Is it a marriage in the eyes of God?

Show me where says it is not.

So you believe a gay union can take place in a Christian church and be sanctioned by God? You're hopelessly lost.

Where does Christ ever refer to marriage as not between a male and female? Where in your liberal Bible does He do that?

Matthew 19:1-12New Life Version (NLV)

19 When Jesus had finished talking, He went from the country of Galilee. He came to the part of the country of Judea which is on the other side of the Jordan River. 2 Many people followed Him and He healed them there.

3 The proud religious law-keepers came to Jesus. They tried to trap Him by saying, “Does the Law say a man can divorce his wife for any reason?” 4 He said to them, “Have you not read that He Who made them in the first place made them man and woman? 5 It says, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will live with his wife. The two will become one.’ 6 So they are no longer two but one. Let no man divide what God has put together.”

7 The proud religious law-keepers said to Jesus, “Then why did the Law of Moses allow a man to divorce his wife if he put it down in writing and gave it to her?” 8 Jesus said to them, “Because of your hard hearts Moses allowed you to divorce your wives. It was not like that from the beginning. 9 And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sex sins, and marries another, is guilty of sex sins in marriage. Whoever marries her that is divorced is guilty of sex sins in marriage.”

10 His followers said to Him, “If that is the way of a man with his wife, it is better not to be married.” 11 But Jesus said to them, “Not all men are able to do this, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are some men who from birth will never be able to have children. There are some men who have been made so by men. There are some men who have had themselves made that way because of the holy nation of heaven. The one who is able to do this, let him do it.”

"new live version"

Another "christian" above admitted HIS version of the bible said something different than the link I posted and now YOU say you're getting your post from some other (or the same?) version of the bible.

I don't object to that. Nor do I care what version on christianity you choose to cherry pick your beliefs from, but the bible has been "versioned", rewritten, translated and changed so many times, there's nothing left of whatever it originally said.

Basically, the various sects and cults are making it up as they go along.

And, as long as they don't shove it down my throat or force it on my kids, they are all welcome to it.

lol You don't even understand what's going on with different versions of the Bible, and you openly show that. Do you realize how stupid you look? Seriously? lol

I can't wait for this issue to finally be settled legally. The debate will go on for many years to come but I am looking forward to the day when SC puts this issue to bed.

Okay homophobe
See, one of the objections I have to Christians claiming that they are against homosexuality because of the Bible is that they seem so unaware of what the Bible says.

8Jesus replied, “Moses permitted divorce only as a concession to your hard hearts, but it was not what God had originally intended.9And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery—unless his wife has been unfaithful.d

16 Someone came to Jesus with this question: “Teacher,f what good deed must I do to have eternal life?”

17“Why ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. But to answer your question—if you want to receive eternal life, keepg the commandments.”

And Jesus replied: “‘You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. 19Honor your father and mother. Love your neighbor as yourself.’h

Are you as appalled by Newt Gingrich marrying his third wife as you are about homosexuals marrying in Florida?

If not- why not?

Because it's not about sinning, everyone sins, and no one sin is greater or smaller than another. And salvation through Christ is on an individual and personal level, certainly not a government level. I believe that those who oppose SSM because of religion alone are wasting their time. It's more about normalizing the abnormal and that being accepted as okay in our society, and changing the meaning and definition of an institution that is sanctioned by God, just another attack on religion, another way to undermine it and defeat it. Personally I could care less if they're legally allowed to 'marry', but don't tell me it's normal behavior.

"Normal"- going to a synogogue is not 'normal' behavior. Driving a race car is not normal- heck driving a motorcycle is not a 'normal' behavior.

You don't have to accept any of those things- as long as you are not trying to oppose equal treatment under the law, I am find with it.

But that's exactly what they're doing, they're not happy with so called 'equal treatment under the law', which if it were up to me would be a real thing, and not just a bullshit phrase, they want to be accepted as normal. They want two men or two women wanting to have sex with each other as normal, and that's why it's everywhere in the media, to indoctrinate the next generation to see it as such. What else can the masses be convinced of as 'normal', and therefore sanction it? It's a dangerous path for society to be on. They would have easily gotten civil unions where their union was recognized under the law, that wasn't good enough, only 'marriage' was good enough. Why? Because it has nothing to do with legalities at all.

In Florida same gender couples will now be able to have the exact same legal marriage as my wife and I have.

That is what they were seeking- and that is what they now have.

'Easily gotten civil unions'- essentially the same states that outlawed gay marriage also refused to accept civil unions- which is why I changed my mind about gay marriage- at one time I thought 'civil unions' were a reasonable compromise- then the bigots fought civil unions too- and I realized that the bigots would fight either one- so I should advocate for full equality- not 'seperate but equal'.

Why is it everywhere in media? Not because homosexuals are forcing media to promote them- its because media goes where the money is. And advertisers think that gay accepting shows sell their products.

The media is liberal, their social agenda trumps money, they just haven't pushed the envelope quite far enough, little at a time until the current generation sees it as 'normal', and others don't stop watching their shows.

So you don't believe in capitalism? Hmmm.

Okay homophobe

If not- why not?

Going to a synagogues, driving a motorcycle or race car is not debauched behavior.

I have no religious objection to homosexuality beyond rejecting my personal participation. My objection is that historically acceptance of one aberration leads to acceptance of all aberrations ending in a very disgusting culture whose great contribution is to be gone.

We've been sickening as a culture for quite awhile. The normalization of homosexuality is but another symptom of cultural disease.

As I have said before- that 'cultural disease' you seem so worried about started with the abolition of slavery.

Then women were allowed to vote.

Then women were allowed to legally use contraceptives.

Then the government was not allowed to police how Americans have sex in their bedrooms.

Now same gender couples can get married.

If that is 'aberration' or a 'sickening culture' to you- I am fine with that.

You might be taken seriously if you didn't lie so much, just a bit of advice.

Feel free to point out anything i have posted that is a lie- I am comfortable that what i have posted is true.

If you want- we can compare your 'lies' to my 'lies' side by side.

I'm sure the lawyers are jumping up and down.

The lawyers are looking forward to the divorces.

Once a nation starts down the road of depravity and degredation it doesn't stop until the end. We won't either.

The depravity of it all.

First step down that road- ending slavery.

Then there was giving women the right to vote.

Then there was allowing women to legally use contraceptives.

Then there was getting the government out of our bedrooms.

Naturally that road of depravity and degredation led to marriage equality.

Oh the horrors.

its too bad being gay has nothing to do with you being born black or a woman.

Being born black has nothing to do with being born a woman which has nothing to do with being born gay.

But meanwhile:

The depravity of it all.

Oh the horrors.

I can't wait for this issue to finally be settled legally. The debate will go on for many years to come but I am looking forward to the day when SC puts this issue to bed.
Still won't normalize any fag marriage. Something existing doens't make it normal. It simply means it exists. Dont' confuse the two.

Once a nation starts down the road of depravity and degredation it doesn't stop until the end. We won't either.

The depravity of it all.

Oh the horrors.

Being born black has nothing to do with being born a woman which has nothing to do with being born gay.

But meanwhile:

The depravity of it all.

Oh the horrors.

They do have something in common. It gives the Democrats three groups to which they can pander with social welfare, contraceptives, and faggot marriage in order to get votes.

Just to see where you stand. What granted women the right to vote? I know but I bet you don't.

PuP2Y.jpg

Deuteronomy is in the Old Testament; a thing Jesus came to correct. The Old Testament in the christian Bible is a history book. The New Testament is the spiritual guidebook of christians.

Don't you people know anything? Not even the difference between "Old" and "New" and why there is a difference?

When you get around to it, read Jude 1 of the NEW Testament and get back to me..

Yet not once does Jesus condemn homosexuality.

He doesn't even mention it as one of the commandments that his followers must follow in order to go heaven

8Jesus replied, “Moses permitted divorce only as a concession to your hard hearts, but it was not what God had originally intended. 9And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery—unless his wife has been unfaithful.d

10Jesus’ disciples then said to him, “If this is the case, it is better not to marry!”

11“Not everyone can accept this statement,” Jesus said. “Only those whom God helps. 12Some are born as eunuchs, some have been made eunuchs by others, and some choose not to marrye for the sake of the Kingdom of Heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.”

16Someone came to Jesus with this question: “Teacher,f what good deed must I do to have eternal life?”

The depravity of it all.

Oh the horrors.

But meanwhile:

The depravity of it all.

Oh the horrors.

They do have something in common. It gives the Democrats three groups to which they can pander with social welfare, contraceptives, and faggot marriage in order to get votes.

Just to see where you stand. What granted women the right to vote? I know but I bet you don't.

Another thing that they have in common?

Bigots use the same words to describe them- f*ggots- n*ggers- c*nts......words bigots use to describe homosexuals, African Americans and women.

You mean like the SC put the issue of abortion to bed? Yeah, that worked.

Still won't normalize any fag marriage. Something existing doens't make it normal. It simply means it exists. Dont' confuse the two.

You do not have to believe gay marriages are normal. I can assure you most gay people do not care what you think of their marriages. Just like I am sure you do not care what other people think of your marriage.

Deuteronomy is in the Old Testament; a thing Jesus came to correct. The Old Testament in the christian Bible is a history book. The New Testament is the spiritual guidebook of christians.

Don't you people know anything? Not even the difference between "Old" and "New" and why there is a difference?

When you get around to it, read Jude 1 of the NEW Testament and get back to me..

Yet not once does Jesus condemn homosexuality.

He doesn't even mention it as one of the commandments that his followers must follow in order to go heaven

8Jesus replied, “Moses permitted divorce only as a concession to your hard hearts, but it was not what God had originally intended. 9And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery—unless his wife has been unfaithful.d

10Jesus’ disciples then said to him, “If this is the case, it is better not to marry!”

11“Not everyone can accept this statement,” Jesus said. “Only those whom God helps. 12Some are born as eunuchs, some have been made eunuchs by others, and some choose not to marrye for the sake of the Kingdom of Heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.”

16Someone came to Jesus with this question: “Teacher,f what good deed must I do to have eternal life?”

You lie again. Jesus said that He came to fulfill the law, and He also described what marriage was and that lust/sex outside of marriage was a sin. Why don't you complete the scripture you just posted above?

Why did you leave this part out?

19 Now it came to pass, when Jesus had finished these sayings, that He departed from Galilee and came to the region of Judea beyond the Jordan. 2 And great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them there.

3 The Pharisees also came to Him, testing Him, and saying to Him, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?”

4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made He who made[a] them at the beginning ‘made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[c] 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Last edited:

The depravity of it all.

Oh the horrors.

But meanwhile:

The depravity of it all.

Oh the horrors.

Bigots use the same words to describe them- f*ggots- n*ggers- c*nts......words bigots use to describe homosexuals, African Americans and women.

You're such a victim. lol

The depravity of it all.

Oh the horrors.

But meanwhile:

The depravity of it all.

Oh the horrors.

Wrong. The first term doesn't apply to the other two unless the latter happens to be a faggot.

By the way, I noticed you ignored my question about women being granted the right to vote. I suspected you didn't know.

You do not have to believe gay marriages are normal. I can assure you most gay people do not care what you think of their marriages. Just like I am sure you do not care what other people think of your marriage.

I have a marriage. It's with a woman. Two fags marrying is more like a freak show at the carnival.

Well if it is true with abortion then it must be true for this issue as well. Not hardly. Like I said, the debate will continue well after the SC rules.

I have a marriage. It's with a woman. Two fags marrying is more like a freak show at the carnival.

Congrats. Maybe you spend more time worrying about your marriage instead of the marriages of others.

Well if it is true with abortion then it must be true for this issue as well. Not hardly. Like I said, the debate will continue well after the SC rules.

It will continue until it's been accepted as normal by a majority of the population, which is what the gay movement is about. Or as long as there are people making money off of the 'discrimination of gays', it will be a manufactured issue and bled dry, just like the bogus race wars.

Congrats. Maybe you spend more time worrying about your marriage instead of the marriages of others.

When they quit having a freak show and demanding acceptance of their abnormal life then whining when people say boo to them, I'll stop. What you don't get is that I didn't go to them, they started the process then got their panties in a wad when someone said no to their request.

Forum List

Back