Finally! First Gay Marriage In Florida!

I can't wait for this issue to finally be settled legally. The debate will go on for many years to come but I am looking forward to the day when SC puts this issue to bed.

You mean like the SC put the issue of abortion to bed? Yeah, that worked.

Well if it is true with abortion then it must be true for this issue as well. Not hardly. Like I said, the debate will continue well after the SC rules.

It will continue until it's been accepted as normal by a majority of the population, which is what the gay movement is about. Or as long as there are people making money off of the 'discrimination of gays', it will be a manufactured issue and bled dry, just like the bogus race wars.

Poll after poll shows that majority of Americans do support gay getting married. The startling reversal of opinions concerning this issue over the last 15 years has been remarkable. Though I do agree with you to an extent, the business of discrimination (legitimate or not) is a money making industry. I often read cases about gays claiming to be discriminated against for being fired for violating a morality clause they sign. This happens most often in religious institutions. I have no sympathy for these folks because you singed the contract knowing damn well that you could be fired if your bosses found out that you were gay.

I can't wait for this issue to finally be settled legally. The debate will go on for many years to come but I am looking forward to the day when SC puts this issue to bed.
Still won't normalize any fag marriage. Something existing doens't make it normal. It simply means it exists. Dont' confuse the two.

You do not have to believe gay marriages are normal. I can assure you most gay people do not care what you think of their marriages. Just like I am sure you do not care what other people think of your marriage.

I have a marriage. It's with a woman. Two fags marrying is more like a freak show at the carnival.

Congrats. Maybe you spend more time worrying about your marriage instead of the marriages of others.

When they quit having a freak show and demanding acceptance of their abnormal life then whining when people say boo to them, I'll stop. What you don't get is that I didn't go to them, they started the process then got their panties in a wad when someone said no to their request.

That same standard can be applied to almost every single movement for expanding rights in this nation. Those women demanding the right to vote should have just accepted no and gone on about their lives.

Gays are going to continue to get married regardless of what you think or feel. Maybe if you gnash your teeth some more it will have a greater effect but I highly doubt it.

Still won't normalize any fag marriage. Something existing doens't make it normal. It simply means it exists. Dont' confuse the two.

You do not have to believe gay marriages are normal. I can assure you most gay people do not care what you think of their marriages. Just like I am sure you do not care what other people think of your marriage.

I have a marriage. It's with a woman. Two fags marrying is more like a freak show at the carnival.

Congrats. Maybe you spend more time worrying about your marriage instead of the marriages of others.

When they quit having a freak show and demanding acceptance of their abnormal life then whining when people say boo to them, I'll stop. What you don't get is that I didn't go to them, they started the process then got their panties in a wad when someone said no to their request.

That same standard can be applied to almost every single movement for expanding rights in this nation. Those women demanding the right to vote should have just accepted no and gone on about their lives.

Gays are going to continue to get married regardless of what you think or feel. Maybe if you gnash your teeth some more it will have a greater effect but I highly doubt it.

The right to vote is actually one that is in the Constitution. Marriage isn't.

What, or should I say who, actually granted women the right to vote? I know but I bet you don't.

TideTheKnotBeachWeddings_CommitmentCeremony1.jpg

A great day in the sunshine state.

I'm sure the lawyers are jumping up and down.

The lawyers are looking forward to the divorces.

Once a nation starts down the road of depravity and degredation it doesn't stop until the end. We won't either.
Leviticus 18:22

22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Shrimp cocktail?

Mixed threads?

Pagan practices, like Christmas trees and easter eggs.

All abominations.

Newby, you are no better as Bible scholarship than the atheists.

Let it go.

Don't tell me what to do Jake, who the hell do you think you are that you can condescend to tell people what to do?

Didn't have an answer for the scripture I posted? You never have an answer do you?

Ah, treating you as you treat others irks you, does it?

Tough to be you, I guess.

Son, you are not an authority, period, so whatever you post is meaningless, unless you have a "Jesus says".

You don't. You literalists are heretics, you are in error, and you are making yourself spiritually ill by spreading heresy.

I will correct you every time you are wrong and tell you what to do. Step off.

Well if it is true with abortion then it must be true for this issue as well. Not hardly. Like I said, the debate will continue well after the SC rules.

It will continue until it's been accepted as normal by a majority of the population, which is what the gay movement is about. Or as long as there are people making money off of the 'discrimination of gays', it will be a manufactured issue and bled dry, just like the bogus race wars.

Poll after poll shows that majority of Americans do support gay getting married. The startling reversal of opinions concerning this issue over the last 15 years has been remarkable. Though I do agree with you to an extent, the business of discrimination (legitimate or not) is a money making industry. I often read cases about gays claiming to be discriminated against for being fired for violating a morality clause they sign. This happens most often in religious institutions. I have no sympathy for these folks because you singed the contract knowing damn well that you could be fired if your bosses found out that you were gay.

What's remarkable about it? The public has been indoctrinated via the media on a pretty constant basis, targeting the youngest generation, that it's normal and should be accepted, and to shun and belittle those who still insist that it's not normal behavior. I really don't think it's that remarkable. I really don't see it ending as being an issue either, even once all 50 states have a legal gay union, just like with the race wars, it will continue because they want the attention and like the benefits, i.e. attention, that victim hood brings to them. Next up will be to force churches to perform gay weddings and to accept their lifestyle, the goal is the destruction of religious foundation. This isn't the only issue doing that, it's just one part of the effort that's being made. Religion is the enemy of absolute power.

Newby, you are no better as Bible scholarship than the atheists.

Let it go.

Don't tell me what to do Jake, who the hell do you think you are that you can condescend to tell people what to do?

Didn't have an answer for the scripture I posted? You never have an answer do you?

Ah, treating you as you treat others irks you, does it?

Tough to be you, I guess.

Son, you are not an authority, period, so whatever you post is meaningless, unless you have a "Jesus says".

You don't. You literalists are heretics, you are in error, and you are making yourself spiritually ill by spreading heresy.

I will correct you every time you are wrong and tell you what to do. Step off.

Really Jake? lol Where do I tell people what to do with their posts or how to post? Care to cite even one instance of it? I won't be holding my breath. lol

Son? lol How long have you been posting on this board with me? Short memory, eh?

Who is speaking in the below scripture? Do you even know what book it is from? What do the quotes mean? Why don't you explain to the audience how you would interpret that in your heretical so-called Christian church? Let me guess, your church ordains gay pastors, performs gay weddings, because you're just supposed to love and not judge, right? You just accept any behavior and embrace it as 'okay' because you're just supposed to show love, that's all Jesus was about, right? How close am I, Jakey? This is your chance to 'correct' me, Jake, so go for it. Just saying "YOU'RE WRONG! CAUSE I SAID SO!" isn't correcting me. lol

Take your 'step off' and shove it up your ass, unless you have some secret powers that can make me do what you tell me to? What an internet tough guy you are... lmao

19 Now it came to pass, when Jesus had finished these sayings, that He departed from Galilee and came to the region of Judea beyond the Jordan. 2 And great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them there.

3 The Pharisees also came to Him, testing Him, and saying to Him, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?”

4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[c] 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

I'm sure the lawyers are jumping up and down.

The lawyers are looking forward to the divorces.

Once a nation starts down the road of depravity and degredation it doesn't stop until the end. We won't either.
Leviticus 18:22

22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Shrimp cocktail?

Mixed threads?

Pagan practices, like Christmas trees and easter eggs.

All abominations.

Really? How so?

Deuteronomy is in the Old Testament; a thing Jesus came to correct. The Old Testament in the christian Bible is a history book. The New Testament is the spiritual guidebook of christians.

Don't you people know anything? Not even the difference between "Old" and "New" and why there is a difference?

When you get around to it, read Jude 1 of the NEW Testament and get back to me..

Yet not once does Jesus condemn homosexuality.

He doesn't even mention it as one of the commandments that his followers must follow in order to go heaven

8Jesus replied, “Moses permitted divorce only as a concession to your hard hearts, but it was not what God had originally intended. 9And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery—unless his wife has been unfaithful.d

10Jesus’ disciples then said to him, “If this is the case, it is better not to marry!”

11“Not everyone can accept this statement,” Jesus said. “Only those whom God helps. 12Some are born as eunuchs, some have been made eunuchs by others, and some choose not to marrye for the sake of the Kingdom of Heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.”

16Someone came to Jesus with this question: “Teacher,f what good deed must I do to have eternal life?”

17“Why ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. But to answer your question—if you want to receive eternal life, keepg the commandments.”

18“Which ones?” the man asked.

And Jesus replied: “‘You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. 19Honor your father and mother. Love your neighbor as yourself.’h

You lie again. Jesus said that He came to fulfill the law, and He also described what marriage was and that lust/sex outside of marriage was a sin. Why don't you complete the scripture you just posted above?

Why did you leave this part out?

19 Now it came to pass, when Jesus had finished these sayings, that He departed from Galilee and came to the region of Judea beyond the Jordan. 2 And great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them there.

3 The Pharisees also came to Him, testing Him, and saying to Him, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?”

4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made He who made[a] them at the beginning ‘made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[c] 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Please feel free to point out anything I have lied about- I will make it easier for you- I will put in red my words- the rest are a direct quote from the Bible:

He doesn't even mention it as one of the commandments that his followers must follow in order to go heaven

8Jesus replied, “Moses permitted divorce only as a concession to your hard hearts, but it was not what God had originally intended. 9And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery—unless his wife has been unfaithful.d

10Jesus’ disciples then said to him, “If this is the case, it is better not to marry!”

11“Not everyone can accept this statement,” Jesus said. “Only those whom God helps. 12Some are born as eunuchs, some have been made eunuchs by others, and some choose not to marrye for the sake of the Kingdom of Heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.”

16Someone came to Jesus with this question: “Teacher,f what good deed must I do to have eternal life?”

17“Why ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. But to answer your question—if you want to receive eternal life, keepg the commandments.”

And Jesus replied: “‘You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. 19Honor your father and mother. Love your neighbor as yourself.’h

LOL, Marriage based "on consent" is the most beep boop socially autistic concept I have ever heard. By that standard, what stops faggots from lobbying to lower the age of consent, as they have a proclivity towards child molestation and pedophilia.

The proportions of heterosexual and homosexual pedophiles among sex... - PubMed - NCBI

Not to mention your standard would allow bigamy and polygamy. But yea, lets encourage and legitimize anti-social behaviors, after all, they are engaged in by "consenting adults".

JakeStarkey, are you married by chance?
This fails as a slippery slope fallacy.

What's remarkable about it? The public has been indoctrinated via the media on a pretty constant basis, targeting the youngest generation, that it's normal and should be accepted, and to shun and belittle those who still insist that it's not normal behavior. .

Are we talking about mixed race relationships?

Or gay relationships.

Actually your comment would apply to both.

We are moving forward.

Deuteronomy is in the Old Testament; a thing Jesus came to correct. The Old Testament in the christian Bible is a history book. The New Testament is the spiritual guidebook of christians.

Don't you people know anything? Not even the difference between "Old" and "New" and why there is a difference?

When you get around to it, read Jude 1 of the NEW Testament and get back to me..

You lie again. Jesus said that He came to fulfill the law, and He also described what marriage was and that lust/sex outside of marriage was a sin. Why don't you complete the scripture you just posted above?

4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made He who made[a] them at the beginning ‘made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[c] 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Please feel free to point out anything I have lied about- I will make it easier for you- I will put in red my words- the rest are a direct quote from the Bible:

You can keep repeating yourself all you want, and continue to look like an uneducated idiot, please be my guest!

Is not one of the 10 commandments 'Thou shall not commit adultery'?

Why do you keep posting from verse 8 on down? What's wrong with verses 1 through 7?

4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[c] 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

The right to vote is actually one that is in the Constitution. Marriage isn't.

Yet marriage is a right in the United States- no matter how much you hate that.

Loving v Virginia

"The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men."

You can keep repeating yourself all you want, and continue to look like an uneducated idiot, please be my guest!

Is not one of the 10 commandments 'Thou shall not commit adultery'?

Why do you keep posting from verse 8 on down? What's wrong with verses 1 through 7?

You are the one who accused me of lying- you wouldn't be bearing false witness would you? That is one of the commandments.

And Jesus replied: “‘You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. 19Honor your father and mother. Love your neighbor as yourself.

What's remarkable about it? The public has been indoctrinated via the media on a pretty constant basis, targeting the youngest generation, that it's normal and should be accepted, and to shun and belittle those who still insist that it's not normal behavior. .

Are we talking about mixed race relationships?

Or gay relationships.

Actually your comment would apply to both.

We are moving forward.

So you're equating being black to wanting to have sex with the same gender as yourself?

Newby, you are a hetertic and a literalist, so you don't get it.

Jesus is talking about marriage not homosexuality. He does not exclude others, does he?

And how many in your congregation, or you yourself perhaps, have divorced?

I am glad you are willing for me to show you the light.

So, since you are a literalist, where does Jesus say no marriage equality? We need that literally in His Name.

Newby, you are a hetertic and a literalist, so you don't get it.

Jesus is talking about marriage not homosexuality. He does not exclude others, does he?

And how many in your congregation, or you yourself perhaps, have divorced?

I am glad you are willing for me to show you the light.

Is this thread about marriage, specifically gay marriage, or not?

That you would make the comment that He does not exclude others is assinine.

The church does not perform divorces, Jake, and sorry, but I've never been divorced, so wrong again!

Would you support your church performing gay marriage ceremonies?

Forum List

Back