Finally! First Gay Marriage In Florida!

Of course God loves Gays. We have been admonished not to judge them. We have also been warned not to engage in such sin. Not to accept that sin as virtue.

Jesus said that remarrying after divorce was adultery- and therefore a sin.

Have you been as opposed to remarriage after divorce- not accepting that sin as a virtue- as you oppose homosexuality?
I
Of course God loves Gays. We have been admonished not to judge them. We have also been warned not to engage in such sin. Not to accept that sin as virtue.

Have you been as opposed to remarriage after divorce- not accepting that sin as a virtue- as you oppose homosexuality?

Catholics believe that divorce is a sin and there should be no remarriage. I am not a catholic. I do not quote scripture but the Bible does permit divorce. Moses recognized divorce. Jesus recognized divorce under Mosaic law but said that was not what God originally intended.

See, one of the objections I have to Christians claiming that they are against homosexuality because of the Bible is that they seem so unaware of what the Bible says.

8Jesus replied, “Moses permitted divorce only as a concession to your hard hearts, but it was not what God had originally intended.9And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery—unless his wife has been unfaithful.d

Adultery is certainly a sin

Jesus confirms that later in the same section:

16 Someone came to Jesus with this question: “Teacher,f what good deed must I do to have eternal life?”

17“Why ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. But to answer your question—if you want to receive eternal life, keepg the commandments.”

18“Which ones?” the man asked.

And Jesus replied: “‘You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. 19Honor your father and mother. Love your neighbor as yourself.’h

Are you as appalled by Newt Gingrich marrying his third wife as you are about homosexuals marrying in Florida?

If not- why not?

Because it's not about sinning, everyone sins, and no one sin is greater or smaller than another. And salvation through Christ is on an individual and personal level, certainly not a government level. I believe that those who oppose SSM because of religion alone are wasting their time. It's more about normalizing the abnormal and that being accepted as okay in our society, and changing the meaning and definition of an institution that is sanctioned by God, just another attack on religion, another way to undermine it and defeat it. Personally I could care less if they're legally allowed to 'marry', but don't tell me it's normal behavior.

Equality means each person gets to marry the consenting adult of his or her choice. Terms redefine, and this is one of those times. I know you don't like it, but you don't have the right to deny happiness to others in matrimony and love.

That it disturbs your sensibility is understood, but your sensibility is not constitutionally protected.

Is it a marriage in the eyes of God?

Show me where says it is not.

So you believe a gay union can take place in a Christian church and be sanctioned by God? You're hopelessly lost.

Where does Christ ever refer to marriage as not between a male and female? Where in your liberal Bible does He do that?

Matthew 19:1-12New Life Version (NLV)

19 When Jesus had finished talking, He went from the country of Galilee. He came to the part of the country of Judea which is on the other side of the Jordan River. 2 Many people followed Him and He healed them there.

3 The proud religious law-keepers came to Jesus. They tried to trap Him by saying, “Does the Law say a man can divorce his wife for any reason?” 4 He said to them, “Have you not read that He Who made them in the first place made them man and woman? 5 It says, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will live with his wife. The two will become one.’ 6 So they are no longer two but one. Let no man divide what God has put together.”

7 The proud religious law-keepers said to Jesus, “Then why did the Law of Moses allow a man to divorce his wife if he put it down in writing and gave it to her?” 8 Jesus said to them, “Because of your hard hearts Moses allowed you to divorce your wives. It was not like that from the beginning. 9 And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sex sins, and marries another, is guilty of sex sins in marriage. Whoever marries her that is divorced is guilty of sex sins in marriage.”

10 His followers said to Him, “If that is the way of a man with his wife, it is better not to be married.” 11 But Jesus said to them, “Not all men are able to do this, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are some men who from birth will never be able to have children. There are some men who have been made so by men. There are some men who have had themselves made that way because of the holy nation of heaven. The one who is able to do this, let him do it.”

Blindly following religious dogma is what landed the pharisees in big doo doo with Jesus, and AmericanFirst, Where R My Keys, and others of that ilk are going to find that out as well.

So will those of your ilk who disregard the Bible and preach acceptance of everything and anything to fulfill your political social agenda.

Leviticus 11:7-8
And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you.

Isaiah 66:17
“Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go into the gardens, following one in the midst, eating pig's flesh and the abomination and mice, shall come to an end together, declares the Lord.
My Bible says Rats but same meaning. The dietary laws were changed by Jesus. The sin of homosexuality is covered under sexual immorality which Jesus speaks about.
The backpedaling begins :rofl:
I am not backpedaling, you are still an idiot.
Okay homophobe
I am not a homophobe, I just happen to know the truth, unlike you idiot.

I

Catholics believe that divorce is a sin and there should be no remarriage. I am not a catholic. I do not quote scripture but the Bible does permit divorce. Moses recognized divorce. Jesus recognized divorce under Mosaic law but said that was not what God originally intended.

See, one of the objections I have to Christians claiming that they are against homosexuality because of the Bible is that they seem so unaware of what the Bible says.

8Jesus replied, “Moses permitted divorce only as a concession to your hard hearts, but it was not what God had originally intended.9And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery—unless his wife has been unfaithful.d

16 Someone came to Jesus with this question: “Teacher,f what good deed must I do to have eternal life?”

17“Why ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. But to answer your question—if you want to receive eternal life, keepg the commandments.”

And Jesus replied: “‘You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. 19Honor your father and mother. Love your neighbor as yourself.’h

Are you as appalled by Newt Gingrich marrying his third wife as you are about homosexuals marrying in Florida?

If not- why not?

Because it's not about sinning, everyone sins, and no one sin is greater or smaller than another. And salvation through Christ is on an individual and personal level, certainly not a government level. I believe that those who oppose SSM because of religion alone are wasting their time. It's more about normalizing the abnormal and that being accepted as okay in our society, and changing the meaning and definition of an institution that is sanctioned by God, just another attack on religion, another way to undermine it and defeat it. Personally I could care less if they're legally allowed to 'marry', but don't tell me it's normal behavior.

"Normal"- going to a synogogue is not 'normal' behavior. Driving a race car is not normal- heck driving a motorcycle is not a 'normal' behavior.

You don't have to accept any of those things- as long as you are not trying to oppose equal treatment under the law, I am find with it.

Equality means each person gets to marry the consenting adult of his or her choice. Terms redefine, and this is one of those times. I know you don't like it, but you don't have the right to deny happiness to others in matrimony and love.

That it disturbs your sensibility is understood, but your sensibility is not constitutionally protected.

So you believe a gay union can take place in a Christian church and be sanctioned by God? You're hopelessly lost.

Where does Christ ever refer to marriage as not between a male and female? Where in your liberal Bible does He do that?

19 When Jesus had finished talking, He went from the country of Galilee. He came to the part of the country of Judea which is on the other side of the Jordan River. 2 Many people followed Him and He healed them there.

3 The proud religious law-keepers came to Jesus. They tried to trap Him by saying, “Does the Law say a man can divorce his wife for any reason?” 4 He said to them, “Have you not read that He Who made them in the first place made them man and woman? 5 It says, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will live with his wife. The two will become one.’ 6 So they are no longer two but one. Let no man divide what God has put together.”

7 The proud religious law-keepers said to Jesus, “Then why did the Law of Moses allow a man to divorce his wife if he put it down in writing and gave it to her?” 8 Jesus said to them, “Because of your hard hearts Moses allowed you to divorce your wives. It was not like that from the beginning. 9 And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sex sins, and marries another, is guilty of sex sins in marriage. Whoever marries her that is divorced is guilty of sex sins in marriage.”

10 His followers said to Him, “If that is the way of a man with his wife, it is better not to be married.” 11 But Jesus said to them, “Not all men are able to do this, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are some men who from birth will never be able to have children. There are some men who have been made so by men. There are some men who have had themselves made that way because of the holy nation of heaven. The one who is able to do this, let him do it.”

As lost as those who believe that a union between two divorced people can take place in a Christian Church and be sanctioned by God?

If not- why not?

My Bible says Rats but same meaning. The dietary laws were changed by Jesus. The sin of homosexuality is covered under sexual immorality which Jesus speaks about.
Okay homophobe

I

If not- why not?

"Normal"- going to a synogogue is not 'normal' behavior. Driving a race car is not normal- heck driving a motorcycle is not a 'normal' behavior.

You don't have to accept any of those things- as long as you are not trying to oppose equal treatment under the law, I am find with it.

But that's exactly what they're doing, they're not happy with so called 'equal treatment under the law', which if it were up to me would be a real thing, and not just a bullshit phrase, they want to be accepted as normal. They want two men or two women wanting to have sex with each other as normal, and that's why it's everywhere in the media, to indoctrinate the next generation to see it as such. What else can the masses be convinced of as 'normal', and therefore sanction it? It's a dangerous path for society to be on. They would have easily gotten civil unions where their union was recognized under the law, that wasn't good enough, only 'marriage' was good enough. Why? Because it has nothing to do with legalities at all.

'Equal treatment under the law' should be exactly that then. No one person should have to financially support the government more than another, no one person should receive more benefits from the government than another. Talk about limiting the scope and size of government, and forcing people to be responsible for themselves, let's do it right now in every way!

Newby, you are no better as Bible scholarship than the atheists.

Let it go.

The following is a hoot : "'Equal treatment under the law' should be exactly that then. No one person should have to financially support the government more than another, no one person should receive more benefits from the government than another. Talk about limiting the scope and size of government, and forcing people to be responsible for themselves, let's do it right now in every way!"

Newby, please stop your silliness.

I'm sure the lawyers are jumping up and down.

The lawyers are looking forward to the divorces.

Once a nation starts down the road of depravity and degredation it doesn't stop until the end. We won't either.
Leviticus 18:22

22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Then don't do that if you believe what you posted.

However there are millions of Americans who aren't christian and we don't want your christian beliefs put on us.

So follow the bible all you want. Just stop trying to force it on everyone else.
I'm not a Christian Dana7360 nor am I pushing anything on anyone. Show me where I have, Heathen.

Okay homophobe

I

If not- why not?

Going to a synagogues, driving a motorcycle or race car is not debauched behavior.

I have no religious objection to homosexuality beyond rejecting my personal participation. My objection is that historically acceptance of one aberration leads to acceptance of all aberrations ending in a very disgusting culture whose great contribution is to be gone.

We've been sickening as a culture for quite awhile. The normalization of homosexuality is but another symptom of cultural disease.

Okay homophobe

I

If not- why not?

Going to a synagogues, driving a motorcycle or race car is not debauched behavior.

I have no religious objection to homosexuality beyond rejecting my personal participation. My objection is that historically acceptance of one aberration leads to acceptance of all aberrations ending in a very disgusting culture whose great contribution is to be gone.

We've been sickening as a culture for quite awhile. The normalization of homosexuality is but another symptom of cultural disease.

As I have said before- that 'cultural disease' you seem so worried about started with the abolition of slavery.

Then women were allowed to vote.

Then women were allowed to legally use contraceptives.

Then the government was not allowed to police how Americans have sex in their bedrooms.

Now same gender couples can get married.

If that is 'aberration' or a 'sickening culture' to you- I am fine with that.

Okay homophobe

I

If not- why not?

But that's exactly what they're doing, they're not happy with so called 'equal treatment under the law', which if it were up to me would be a real thing, and not just a bullshit phrase, they want to be accepted as normal. They want two men or two women wanting to have sex with each other as normal, and that's why it's everywhere in the media, to indoctrinate the next generation to see it as such. What else can the masses be convinced of as 'normal', and therefore sanction it? It's a dangerous path for society to be on. They would have easily gotten civil unions where their union was recognized under the law, that wasn't good enough, only 'marriage' was good enough. Why? Because it has nothing to do with legalities at all.

In Florida same gender couples will now be able to have the exact same legal marriage as my wife and I have.

That is what they were seeking- and that is what they now have.

'Easily gotten civil unions'- essentially the same states that outlawed gay marriage also refused to accept civil unions- which is why I changed my mind about gay marriage- at one time I thought 'civil unions' were a reasonable compromise- then the bigots fought civil unions too- and I realized that the bigots would fight either one- so I should advocate for full equality- not 'seperate but equal'.

Why is it everywhere in media? Not because homosexuals are forcing media to promote them- its because media goes where the money is. And advertisers think that gay accepting shows sell their products.

Absolutely no evidence to substantiate "historically acceptance of one aberration leads to acceptance of all aberrations ending in a very disgusting culture whose great contribution is to be gone."

America would be such a greater nation if these haters would move to Iran.

Who are these 'many'? And how do you know they only follow 'bits and pieces', especially given that you obviously have no understanding of the Bible to begin with? And lastly, who is carrying on with 'sick perversions', and what are these 'sick perversions'? Your entire post was a lie, yet I'm sure that somehow you're very proud of it. lol
Well since many Christians eat pork, get haircuts, shave, and don't execute their wives for not being virgins... I would say they're cherry picking.

Oh and ignoring the poor and desiring war are pretty bad too.

Hmmm... why wouldn't a Christian eat pork? Are you sure you don't mean Jews? Maybe you better go back and read the Bible again before you continue to make a fool of yourself?
Too late for that, oldfart made a fool out of himself a long time ago.

Another thumper who hasn't read the bible.

So, since you seem to know so much, why don't you explain why Christians shouldn't be eating pork?

Because Leviticus told them not to????

Gee, I hope they know that Isaiah says not to eat mice!
Prove it, what chapter and verse? Otherwise shut up.

Leviticus 11:7-8
And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you.

Isaiah 66:17
“Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go into the gardens, following one in the midst, eating pig's flesh and the abomination and mice, shall come to an end together, declares the Lord.

Jesus changed dietary laws?

I didn't know that.

Please post the bible verse .............................

Thanks.

And you ASSSume what Jesus meant to say?

:eusa_angel:

I love to stay for this but alas, can't.

Have fun wriggling.

:lame2:

You claim to be an atheist expert, but you have no basic understanding of the Christian religion, and make a fool of yourself by even attempting to discuss it.

Newby

Liar.

I have never claimed to be an "atheist expert".

As to claiming to being an expert on the bible, please see Newby post below ...

"new live version"

Another "christian" above admitted HIS version of the bible said something different than the link I posted and now YOU say you're getting your post from some other (or the same?) version of the bible.

I don't object to that. Nor do I care what version on christianity you choose to cherry pick your beliefs from, but the bible has been "versioned", rewritten, translated and changed so many times, there's nothing left of whatever it originally said.

Basically, the various sects and cults are making it up as they go along.

And, as long as they don't shove it down my throat or force it on my kids, they are all welcome to it.

Last edited:
PuP2Y.jpg

Deuteronomy is in the Old Testament; a thing Jesus came to correct. The Old Testament in the christian Bible is a history book. The New Testament is the spiritual guidebook of christians.

Don't you people know anything? Not even the difference between "Old" and "New" and why there is a difference?

When you get around to it, read Jude 1 of the NEW Testament and get back to me.. BTW, the OP's avatar shows exactly why this post is so important when the final case is heard before SCOTUS this year: >> (post 151) 11th Circuit Gears Up For Gay Marriage Case SCOTUS Page 16 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

There are certain lifestyles that do not belong incentivized to be around childrens' formative environment (marriage)..

I'm sure the lawyers are jumping up and down.

The lawyers are looking forward to the divorces.

Once a nation starts down the road of depravity and degredation it doesn't stop until the end. We won't either.

The depravity of it all.

First step down that road- ending slavery.

Then there was giving women the right to vote.

Then there was allowing women to legally use contraceptives.

Then there was getting the government out of our bedrooms.

Naturally that road of depravity and degredation led to marriage equality.

Oh the horrors.

its too bad being gay has nothing to do with you being born black or a woman.

Newby, you are no better as Bible scholarship than the atheists.

Let it go.

Don't tell me what to do Jake, who the hell do you think you are that you can condescend to tell people what to do?

Didn't have an answer for the scripture I posted? You never have an answer do you?

The following is a hoot : "'Equal treatment under the law' should be exactly that then. No one person should have to financially support the government more than another, no one person should receive more benefits from the government than another. Talk about limiting the scope and size of government, and forcing people to be responsible for themselves, let's do it right now in every way!"

Newby, please stop your silliness.

Yeah, it's 'silliness' unless it supports your f'ed up social agenda. Equal treatment under the law! I'm all for it! lol

Okay homophobe
I

If not- why not?

As I have said before- that 'cultural disease' you seem so worried about started with the abolition of slavery.

Then women were allowed to vote.

Then women were allowed to legally use contraceptives.

Then the government was not allowed to police how Americans have sex in their bedrooms.

Now same gender couples can get married.

If that is 'aberration' or a 'sickening culture' to you- I am fine with that.

You might be taken seriously if you didn't lie so much, just a bit of advice.

Forum List

Back