Finally! Supreme Court rules in favor of First Amendment rights for Christians etc.

The whole point is to split hairs between actual PA's and contracted services that have some component of endorsement of the act being performed.
Take it up with the florist. As far as I‘m aware, she was never forced to do business with Republicans just like the baker wasn’t forced to make the gay wedding cake.

Sounds fair to me.

Take it up with the florist. As far as I‘m aware, she was never forced to do business with Republicans just like the baker wasn’t forced to make the gay wedding cake.

Sounds fair to me.

But the baker still has to sell cakes to people as point of sale if they are not customized or specially made.

Which is the correct way to handle PA's.

So if the florist backed out of a Republican event, then all is fine. If they refused to sell point of sale because they were a republican, or not provide flowers for something like a birthday for their kid because they are a republican, well then that's an issue. Well only in States where political affiliation is a protected class, like NY.

The questionable part of the Supreme Court decision is they only apply it to religious objection to same sex marriage.

If your religion opposes adultery….can you deny a pregnant bride?
If you oppose stealing, rape can you deny services to someone who has been convicted?
If you oppose inter religious weddings…can you turn down couples of different faiths?
Can you deny services to atheists ?

But the baker still has to sell cakes to people as point of sale if they are not customized or specially made.

Which is the correct way to handle PA's.

So if the florist backed out of a Republican event, then all is fine. If they refused to sell point of sale because they were a republican, or not provide flowers for something like a birthday for their kid because they are a republican, well then that's an issue. Well only in States where political affiliation is a protected class, like NY.
Political affiliation isn’t a protected class in Tennessee. So no problem there.

Ask Bud Light what happens when you accommodate gays
People who disagreed stopped buying their product. Which is the right of every American. Gays have closed businesses. Remember Sweet Cakes by Melissa? Gays hounded her and her customers. She and her family were harassed and threatened until the business closed. You were okay with that.

No artist should be compelled to create against their will.

The dirty little secret is that the gay community could have gone to a hundred web designers but they targeted this guy most likely because he was Christian and it backfired.
Exactly. Most Muslim owned bakeries for instance will not do wedding cakes for same sex couples and nobody bothers them about it. Dozens of bakers would bake that cake, but the political activist goes to the Christian baker for the specific purpose of stirring up a stink and file a nationally publicized lawsuit intended to hurt Christians specifically.

I agree that was most likely the case with the web designer.

But we now have a high court that, for the first time in a long time, has more justices who are strong constitutionalists than it has political activists. And that is a very very good thing for everybody.

Another win for the good guys. Looks like you queers can go make your own and stfu. Cue all the communists tears in here in favor of slavery

AOMDDcpN2s4q.jpeg

People who disagreed stopped buying their product. Which is the right of every American. Gays have closed businesses. Remember Sweet Cakes by Melissa? Gays hounded her and her customers. She and her family were harassed and threatened until the business closed. You were okay with that.

No artist should be compelled to create against their will.
Before this decision, a business could say…….I have to serve gays by law

Now, a business that chooses to provide services to gays is subject to boycott

Another win for the good guys. Looks like you queers can go make your own and stfu. Cue all the communists tears in here in favor of slavery

View attachment 800197

The fewest words possible......

Thank you President Trump......

If we hadn't elected Trump when we did, the last two days, plus Bruen, plus Roe, would have gone the completely opposite way.....and darkness would have continued to increase across this country...

Before this decision, a business could say…….I have to serve gays by law

Now, a business that chooses to provide services to gays is subject to boycott

I doubt it. The boycott will be for those businesses that won't cater to SSM's in blue areas.

NoThe questionable part of the Supreme Court decision is they only apply it to religious objection to same sex marriage.

If your religion opposes adultery….can you deny a pregnant bride?
If you oppose stealing, rape can you deny services to someone who has been convicted?
If you oppose inter religious weddings…can you turn down couples of different faiths?
Can you deny services to atheists ?
You do not understand the ruling. No one can deny ordinary services based on the status if the person seeking the service. Services can be denied if it requires the provider to express a message they object to.

A baker would not have to bake a cake celebrating adultery. A website designer would not have to create a web site expressing support for thievery.

No longer will someone demand from someone else an opinion they do not have.

Fascism discriminates against minorities.

And the fascist will have a convincing argument to support the discrimination. Eventually there will be no minorities left to discriminate against.

Surely everyone has heard: .................. and then they came for me, and nobody was left................

Sadly, extreme right Americans are making the case against themselves.

No, the SC actually ruled in favor of the 1st.

Forum List

Back