First-ever Female Commander of Marine One Fired After Assault Charge

That's a shame.

Last edited:
I'm going to admit it, the first thing I wondered was, "What did her partner do?" Then I realized how wrong that was. If it was a guy who'd been arrested, I would have just said "Good."
What's good for the goose is good for the gander. And it must have been pretty bad if the cops got called.

First Female Commander of Marine One Fired After Assault Charge | Military.com

If the Marines took domestic violence seriously, they wouldn't be so secretive about the arrest.
I don't know how you can say that. Her career is over. They did take it seriously.

He is implying details of the incident I think?
I think they always keep those under wraps until the trial. It said it's still pending.

First Female Commander of Marine One Fired After Assault Charge | Military.com

If the Marines took domestic violence seriously, they wouldn't be so secretive about the arrest.
I don't know how you can say that. Her career is over. They did take it seriously.

He is implying details of the incident I think?
I think they always keep those under wraps until the trial. It said it's still pending.

Maybe.

Sure seems like every gory detail gets out these days.

I'm going to admit it, the first thing I wondered was, "What did her partner do?" Then I realized how wrong that was. If it was a guy who'd been arrested, I would have just said "Good."
What's good for the goose is good for the gander. And it must have been pretty bad if the cops got called.

Might not have been a guy?

Lots of double standards in this world.

That's why I said "partner." The guy comparison was general.

Don't care. Don't get me wrong. If she did wrong, she should be appropriately punished, but this type thing happens hundreds of times per day. Each and every one of those incidents is a personal tragedy for someone, but this particular case is no more or less important than all the others. All just tragic background noise of every day life.

Don't care. Don't get me wrong. If she did wrong, she should be appropriately punished, but this type thing happens hundreds of times per day. Each and every one of those incidents is a personal tragedy for someone, but this particular case is no more or less important than all the others. All just tragic background noise of every day life.

You cared enough to take the time to post on it ....

^^^ Amen to this. If people truly did not care any, the rest of us would not hear or see a word out of those with such a frame of mind.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

It wasn't a guy.

^^^ Amen to this. If people truly did not care any, the rest of us would not hear or see a word out of those with such a frame of mind.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Oh yes, I do care about each and every one of the thousands of cases just like it, and would prevent all future cases like them if I could. I just don't have what it takes to make an emotional investment in every personal tragedy that comes along. Perhaps if I or someone I knew had some connection to them, or if there as some way they stood out from all the others.

Paris Island commander was relieved and is facing article 32 hearings over hazing abuses and deaths....

Forum List

Back