First order of Republican House business tomorrow is…..

We need to increase the tax on capital gains to 25% and start taxing dividends.
What about start taxing the half of all Americans who don’t pitch in a PENNY in income taxes? Any adult over 18 with income over $5,000 a year (which includes part-timers still living with Mommy) and up to the age of 65, should pay a minimum of 2% of the earnings toward the government.

Far too many people are takers only.

What about start taxing the half of all Americans who don’t pitch in a PENNY in income taxes? Any adult over 18 with income over $5,000 a year (which includes part-timers still living with Mommy) and up to the age of 65, should pay a minimum of 2% of the earnings toward the government.

Why tax people who are struggling to support their family?

Glad you asked…
COVID protection
Infrastructure
Healthcare
Environmental Protection
Education

All successful
istockphoto-639765496-612x612.jpg

Why tax people who are struggling to support their family?
Who says they’re all struggling? I know someone on food stamps who shops at Whole Foods. The tax-free $800 allotment for food, plus the TANF for her kids, plus the Medicaid provided by others, plus the “earned tax credit” (what a joke), plus the fact she lives with her mother rent-free, makes her hardly struggling. She goes to bars and restaurants a couple of times a week.

Why should people like that be solely on the taking side without pitching in at all?

Who says they’re all struggling? I know someone on food stamps who shops at Whole Foods. The tax-free $800 allotment for food, plus the TANF for her kids, plus the Medicaid provided by others, plus the “earned tax credit” (what a joke), plus the fact she lives with her mother rent-free, makes her hardly struggling. She goes to bars and restaurants a couple of times a week.

Why should people like that be solely on the taking side without pitching in at all?
Is Trump struggling?

Why does he pay so little income tax?

No. People making under $20k a year should not have to pay anything. They have it hard enough. The rich, on the otherhand, pay far less than their fair share. And that needs to stop.

Deflection.

Why do so many people living off of government charity programs, and living comfortably, not pay in a red cent?

More Conservative propaganda about how well off the working poor are

You better double check. Dividends are indeed taxed.
Okay, you are correct. I was wrong! Ordinary dividends is taxed as ordinary income. However, qualified dividends are taxed lower than capital gains and that just won't do. I don't want anyone paying less tax rate than me.

Forum List

Back