First thing McCarthy wants to do: slash IRS! YES!

Hence my support for a flat consumption tax.
I have thought that was an interesting idea. I am not totally against it.

Now all that needs to happen is enough people that think like you need to win elections for politicians that will implement that policy.

Now all that needs to happen is enough people that think like you need to win elections for politicians that will implement that policy.
Too many people are on the dole.
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”
― Alexander Fraser Tytler

From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”
'Ol Al had a grand point Orange one

i figure we're somewhere near the end of his sentence

~S~

Too many people are on the dole.

I could not agree with you more.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”
― Alexander Fraser Tytler
Wise words. Reminds of this meme.

Screenshot_20200305-073007.png

I could not agree with you more.

Wise words. Reminds of this meme.

View attachment 746592
Since you agree too many people are on the dole, would you also agree that there should be work requirements to get them on the path to self-sufficiency, or at least partial self-sufficiency?

Also, what say you about the astronomical value of welfare benefits, especially in liberal states? When you add up all the free food, free insurance, free cash payments as part of TANF, and so forth, it easily equals to a $50,000 salary, upon which tax is due. What welfare recipient is going to give up $50,000 in free goodies to work a job at $20/hr, or even $25/hr?

Unless there are pre-school children, people dependent on welfare should get a “match” to their earnings, up to a max. Take a $15/hr job and earn $30,000 - and you get another $30k in welfare. Refuse to take a job, and you get bupkas

Since you agree too many people are on the dole, would you also agree that there should be work requirements to get them on the path to self-sufficiency, or at least partial self-sufficiency?

Yes. My wife and I were actually on the dole for a few months when we moved with our 3 year old across the country and she got pregnant (gave birth 2 days before a six month deployment). I was only an E3 so we were hurting. My wife had our daughter, we got the dole for a few a few months and then she got a job at toys are us and we got off it. Free cheese and peanut butter baby!

That is how it is supposed to work.

Sadly to many fat lazy fucks riding around the scooters at Walmart buying donuts and cigarettes while 80 year old Vietnam vets are walking drive me nuts..

Also, what say you about the astronomical value of welfare benefits, especially in liberal states? When you add up all the free food, free insurance, free cash payments as part of TANF, and so forth, it easily equals to a $50,000 salary, upon which tax is due. What welfare recipient is going to give up $50,000 in free goodies to work a job at $20/hr, or even $25/hr?

I don't know enough about all the collective benefits but I would guess many of those you are adding are not available permanently...right?

That said, sure, I don't agree with every Democrat policy. I don't agree with every Republican policy. Some policies I think they are both idiots. Probably why I am an independent.

Do you agree with every Republican policy?

Unless there are pre-school children, people dependent on welfare should get a “match” to their earnings, up to a max. Take a $15/hr job and earn $30,000 - and you get another $30k in welfare. Refuse to take a job, and you get bupkas
Sounds like your idea could use some fleshing out but I am game for anything. Sadly the problem is fairly complex so it is hard for me to anticipate all the ramifications.

Yes. My wife and I were actually on the dole for a few months when we moved with our 3 year old across the country and she got pregnant (gave birth 2 days before a six month deployment). I was only an E3 so we were hurting. My wife had our daughter, we got the dole for a few a few months and then she got a job at toys are us and we got off it. Free cheese and peanut butter baby!

That is how it is supposed to work.

Sadly to many fat lazy fucks riding around the scooters at Walmart buying donuts and cigarettes while 80 year old Vietnam vets are walking drive me nuts..
We finally have an area of agreement. The help should be temporary. (Thank you for your service, btw.) There are entire families of adults and children, living in one house, and combining all their TANF benefits, food stamps, and so forth. I know of one family comprised of four adults (all related: adult siblings, a parent, and an uncle), with various children, and not a single adult has a job - and nobody is even looking. This has gone on for years.
I don't know enough about all the collective benefits but I would guess many of those you are adding are not available permanently...right?
Not if there are children. Benefits can continue for up to 18 years, per child - and that includes both food stamps and TANF, which are very generous. The way it is set up now, a 25-year-old mother with a 2, 4, and 6-year-old could go 16 years on government assistance.

That said, sure, I don't agree with every Democrat policy. I don't agree with every Republican policy. Some policies I think they are both idiots. Probably why I am an independent.

Do you agree with every Republican policy?
No, I don’t.
Sounds like your idea could use some fleshing out but I am game for anything. Sadly the problem is fairly complex so it is hard for me to anticipate all the ramifications.
Yes, true….but we need to do something. It has been inexcusable that people spend so much time seeking out government programs, and then living off them, instead of taking jobs when employers are crying for workers. But as I said, most of these jobs (at least around here) pay around $17 or $18, and they get more than that NOT working. That is the crux of the problem.

Another problem is that people feel no shame remaining on welfare for 15 years or more instead of getting a job.

If you have nothing to hide then you should not care if the police are searching you.

Yes, you sound just like that asinine conservative talking point.
Was that too hard for you to comprehend, or are you just being a bitch?

Was that too hard for you to comprehend, or are you just being a bitch?
Oh no, it was easy to understand. It is the tag line of every single authoritarian as they take power.

Every single one of them. And that you do not see how totally asinine that statement is then you are just an idiot. Not much I can do for you.

Oh no, it was easy to understand. It is the tag line of every single authoritarian as they take power.

Every single one of them. And that you do not see how totally asinine that statement is then you are just an idiot. Not much I can do for you.
So, the only point you made was NOTHING. What a dick you are.

Oh look, facts:

...there are only about 64,000 households in the country that make $5 million or more per year. If Biden’s 87,000 new agents were all auditors and they spent all their time auditing every one of those high earners, it would take them just over one work week and net only $18 billion. That’s a fraction of the $70 billion Democrats claimed they could raise when they voted to give the IRS all these additional resources.

Forum List

Back