Five Rural Oregon Counties Vote to Secede to Idaho

Won't happen. Requires approval from the state first, which they'll never get, and then the Congress would have to approve it.
Maybe they can make it a state like they want to do with DC, making it even in a sense. Doubtless the counties are much larger.
But the population is probably even lower than Wyoming. It would be ridiculous to make them a new state and not DC.
If they can make DC a state they can make those counties a state. Obviously, their is and never has been a population requirement for statehood.
Or an area requirement, either. They don't get to be a state until DC & PR get a chance first.
None of them are going to become states. The point was if they want to make DC a state they're going to have to make another state, not just another shithole.

Won't happen. Requires approval from the state first, which they'll never get, and then the Congress would have to approve it.

Does it really require approval from the state? Did Virginia give approval to the formation of West Virginia?

Normally, it does require approval from the state, I believe. If I remember correctly, though, Virginia seceded from the Union, and the people in what became West Virginia said, "Excuse me, what?" and refused to go. In that case, Virginia had seceded and didn't consider themselves a state, so . . .

Does it really require approval from the state? Did Virginia give approval to the formation of West Virginia?

It does but to get around it, they decided that the area wanting to join the union was the real government of Virginia so therefore their approval was all that was needed and the actual Virginia government didn't need to approve it since they were in rebellion and therefore not the legitimate government of Virginia. Basically, WV was never properly admitted but there it is anyway right on the map to this day.

Hey, Virginia wasn't a state any more, by their own reckoning, so their permission wasn't needed. You don't get to reject your statehood, and then try to claim the perquisites of being a state.

As much as I love the no sales tax, I'd gladly pay it if we can get out from under the oppressive thumb of Kate Brown.

Why not just move to Idaho?

Maybe because they don't want to give up the property that they own and have worked for? They like the geography they live on; they just don't want the idiot government that currently goes with it.

Does Idaho know about this? Have they been asked if they want to be invaded by the pride of Cucamonga?

Does Idaho know about this? Have they been asked if they want to be invaded by the pride of Cucamonga?

Well, a joint committee of the Idaho House of Representatives and the Idaho Senate apparently granted them a hearing, so they're at least open to considering it.

This would be monumental to achieve, just an incredible uphill battle.

Currently we, (I'm a signature gatherer) need many more counties in order to get this started.
Five gathered the required signatures, and voters in all five passed the measure yesterday.

You can see by the table here, we've got a ways to go.
1621546310999.png

Even if we eventually get all the counties necessary, it would have to then be passed by the Oregon and Idaho legislatures, and then the United States Congress. It's likely never going to happen, but we are trying regardless.

1621546475096.png

1621546553861.png

Oregon counties vote to secede to Idaho
"Voters in five rural Oregon counties approved measures on Tuesday to consider joining the state of Idaho, a part of a long-shot grassroots movement to break with a state dominated by liberal voters west of the Cascade Mountains."
Kate Brown...let my citizens go!
This issue comes up on a semi-regular basis and who can blame people held hostage by a corrupt dysfunctional government?
Sponsors of violent far left extremist criminals who riot frequently, a state that has decriminalized drugs like heroin and cocaine, a state that welcomes illegal immigrants and illegal immigration.
A virtual one party state with the republicans in a perpetual minority with no chance of ever gaining power or having their voices heard.

Their only option is to secede. Good luck with that! Oregon is one effed up mess.

Leftists are never about letting people go their own way in order to do their own thing. Seceding might serve the interests of those people, but it doesn't serve the interests of the party, therefore, it has no chance of happening.

Leftists are never about letting people go their own way in order to do their own thing. Seceding might serve the interests of those people, but it doesn't serve the interests of the party, therefore, it has no chance of happening.
You mention "Seceding" like that's a common occurrence.

Oregon counties vote to secede to Idaho
"Voters in five rural Oregon counties approved measures on Tuesday to consider joining the state of Idaho, a part of a long-shot grassroots movement to break with a state dominated by liberal voters west of the Cascade Mountains."
Kate Brown...let my citizens go!
This issue comes up on a semi-regular basis and who can blame people held hostage by a corrupt dysfunctional government?
Sponsors of violent far left extremist criminals who riot frequently, a state that has decriminalized drugs like heroin and cocaine, a state that welcomes illegal immigrants and illegal immigration.
A virtual one party state with the republicans in a perpetual minority with no chance of ever gaining power or having their voices heard.

Their only option is to secede. Good luck with that! Oregon is one effed up mess.
Good luck with knuckle dragging maga fukkups.

I have no illusions about that.

Maybe they can make it a state like they want to do with DC, making it even in a sense. Doubtless the counties are much larger.
But the population is probably even lower than Wyoming. It would be ridiculous to make them a new state and not DC.
If they can make DC a state they can make those counties a state. Obviously, their is and never has been a population requirement for statehood.
Or an area requirement, either. They don't get to be a state until DC & PR get a chance first.
they don’t want to be a state they want to join another

Forum List

Back