Fla. doc's sign warns off Obama supporters

So disregarding the many other ways he can express himself outside the workplace (and there are many), you're all right with average everyday people being insulted and degraded by their physician in his office for a vote they cast a year and a half ago because some people call Tea Partiers racist? Am I reading this correctly?

Prove to me that he has insulted his patients.

You might be able to claim that the sign is insulting and I would agree with you in that respect. I would have not chosen his method. However, from the sounds of it, you are insinuating that once they came into his office he queried them and then insulted them. I do not believe that he directed this to his patients. I believe it was meant for the country. He doesn't appear to be very good at getting his message out. So, he's not a good writer. Do we sue him for that? He could have handled this in a much better way. He could have been much more diplomatic, but he wasn't. I guess we should send him to Gitmo for that.

Am I okay with the fact that he chose this method? No, I said that when I first got involved in the two thread, I think it was only two, that involved this discussion.

I, as you, respect his right to do so. I am offended by the reaction some in these threads have taken that would squash his right to do so.

Immie

I agree completely with the bolded parts (easier than typing all that. lol).

I think talking about suing him and sending him to Gitmo comes dangerously close to the freaks who try to claim all "Liberals" are brown shirted statists who worship Obama the Messiah and want to round up people who disagree with them and put them in camps, but I understand from you at least it's hyperbole. ;)

I do think he deliberately set out to ruffle feathers or he would have chosen a different method. I do believe people were insulted or he would not have had patients walk away as he did, at least according to the article. I disagree completely with his methods and I think he's smarter than you give him credit for, we can disagree on that but I do think this was at least partially deliberate as far as the insult to his patients is concerned. Some people simply cannot see past party affiliation to the people who hold the ideas, I guess. Just look around for your proof of that! :lol:

I don't want to squash his right to do stuff like this, in fact if he were my doctor I'd rather know how he feels about me before he had his finger in a delicate spot. But I am adamantly opposed to the people who would wrap him in cotton and preach about his "right" to have no consequences for his own choices. It's just as wrong to try to squelch the critics' rights as it is to squelch the doctor's.

However, the only people I recall calling anyone fascists brown shirts in this thread are... well, Ravi is the only one I remember. Not that others haven't, but I remember Ravi, because it was directed at my point of view. I do not believe she was calling me a fascist brown shirt.

Who knows? Maybe some on the right did as well. I'm sure I am not alone when I say that I don't always pay as much attention to those who are arguing the same "side" as I am as I do to those who I am opposing.

I think he deliberately set out to ruffle feathers as well. However, whose feathers? I think it was Congress, the President and those who believe they have the right to dictate to us what we can and cannot do. I think you believe he set out to ruffle the feathers of his patients. I think you are wrong.

I did not say he was not smart. I think he did exactly what he wanted to do and expected to do. He got his point out nationwide.

I think he will suffer consequences. He will probably lose patients. He probably knew that in advance. He is likely to be audited next year too. I hope he thought about that. Hell, he might even be called in front of Congress and have to face the wrath of Congressman Henry Waxman! I think his patients have every right to decide for themselves whether they will remain his patients or not. They can tell him what they think by voting with their cash and more power to them. I do not think he needs to worry about that though.

Immie

People no matter what their profession are not obligated to provide that service to anyone. ?

Incorrect , sir.

That was true under the 1787 Constitution. The Old First Amendment allowed people to FREELY ASSOCIATE.

That is no longer the case, under the new improved welfare/warfare constitution of 1935 the government owns your ass and will dictate to you with whom you may associate.

Don't you fucking forget it.

Heil Hitler.

IT is his practice he can accept any patient or not he determines the reasons. That is America

The modern version of that oath reads:

"I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm."

It says nothing about politics. However, politics are mentioned in the American Medical Association's Code of Ethics.

Section 9.012:

"Under no circumstances should physicians allow their differences with patients or their families about political matters to interfere with the delivery of high-quality professional care."

you people are a joke to even support this jackass doctor

Thank you, for posting this.

Sorry.... both of you got it wrong.

As the owner of a PRIVATE PRACTICE the good Dr. can see whoever he wants and has THE RIGHT to refuse service to ANYONE FOR ANY REASON. It's the law after all....:lol:

Apparently this guy is a pretty lousy doctor. His ratings from patients are low.

Patient Ratings for Dr. Jack Cassell, MD, Urology, Mount Dora, FL

:lol:

And the Alinksy smear campaign against this doctor begins.

No need to speak directly to the issue. Just trash...
This particular Doctor CHOSE to put himself in the spotlight, and chose his words on that sign of his...so he also chose the topic....and his sign did not voice any of his concerns regarding health care reform.....

This is the topic you all want to change it IN TO, imho....but NOT the issue at hand, which to me, is.....Was what he did, by putting a sign on his lobby door, where his own patients are suppose to enter the Lobby to his office, stating in Capital Letters and BOLD PRINT,

IF YOU VOTED FOR OBAMA
SEEK YOUR UROLOGY SERVICES
ELSEWHERE

This sign was not directed at new patients...NO ONE walks door to door trying to pick out their Urologist for goodness sakes! sheesh

This sign was him directing his angst, towards some of his very own patients, that he took an Oath to ALWAYS keep politics OUT OF HIS PROFESSION......

Why is it so hard to SAY, what he did, in the manner that he did it, was WRONG for him to do, as a Physician...putting himself over the concerns of his patients?
It is a smear campaign, plain and simple.

This Doctor did nothing more than place a sign in his business saying, "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone."

People seem to think that being a Doctor is some kind of public service. It is a business. It really is that simple.

He chooses to turn away people who would vote to put him out of business. How absurd is it for the progressives or anyone to complain and smear this man for wanting to protect his rights as a businessman and as an American.

People are free to voice their thoughts on the tactic, but to slander the man for taking a stand is exactly why this country is so deeply divided and why so many people are willing to go to the knife. By the way, that is an expression for a willingness to go to war.

And I'll say this only one time. By refusing to accept new patients who voted for Obama, this doctor is NOT denying anyone healthcare. They are free to seek healthcare elsewhere or they can keep their mouths shut on the issue of who they casted a vote for in the last election.

What those here on the progressive side are po's about is that more and more doctors may take a similar stand and either become selective on who their clients will be or just go out of business.

What are any of you going to do? Force him at gun point to be a doctor?

People no matter what their profession are not obligated to provide that service to anyone. ?

Incorrect , sir.

That was true under the 1787 Constitution. The Old First Amendment allowed people to FREELY ASSOCIATE.

That is no longer the case, under the new improved welfare/warfare constitution of 1935 the government owns your ass and will dictate to you with whom you may associate.

Heil Hitler.

Rod and I were reflecting on a Iowa Department Of Transportation employee that came into my building, became extremely hostile and threatened me. Then he proceeded to walk into an area of the project he did not belong and started telling Rod how I would operate my business or else. Rod told him to get off of the property immediately and do not come back. Early the next morning I received a phone call and the guy was telling me that I could not throw a very hostile DOT off of our place. Of my thirty years of working in my adult life I have been bullied and threatened more times than you can shake a stick at. They may be able to break me financially, take away our property and my life even but, I will never give it to them to do freely when I know it is abuse.

Incorrect , sir.

Heil Hitler.

Rod and I were reflecting on a Iowa Department Of Transportation employee that came into my building, became extremely hostile and threatened me. Then he proceeded to walk into an area of the project he did not belong and started telling Rod how I would operate my business or else. Rod told him to get off of the property immediately and do not come back. Early the next morning I received a phone call and the guy was telling me that I could not throw a very hostile DOT off of our place. Of my thirty years of working in my adult life I have been bullied and threatened more times than you can shake a stick at. They may be able to break me financially, take away our property and my life even but, I will never give it to them to do freely when I know it is abuse.

I hope you hung up on him mid-sentence.

Immie

Prove to me that he has insulted his patients.

You might be able to claim that the sign is insulting and I would agree with you in that respect. I would have not chosen his method. However, from the sounds of it, you are insinuating that once they came into his office he queried them and then insulted them. I do not believe that he directed this to his patients. I believe it was meant for the country. He doesn't appear to be very good at getting his message out. So, he's not a good writer. Do we sue him for that? He could have handled this in a much better way. He could have been much more diplomatic, but he wasn't. I guess we should send him to Gitmo for that.

Am I okay with the fact that he chose this method? No, I said that when I first got involved in the two thread, I think it was only two, that involved this discussion.

I, as you, respect his right to do so. I am offended by the reaction some in these threads have taken that would squash his right to do so.

Immie

I think talking about suing him and sending him to Gitmo comes dangerously close to the freaks who try to claim all "Liberals" are brown shirted statists who worship Obama the Messiah and want to round up people who disagree with them and put them in camps, but I understand from you at least it's hyperbole. ;)

I do think he deliberately set out to ruffle feathers or he would have chosen a different method. I do believe people were insulted or he would not have had patients walk away as he did, at least according to the article. I disagree completely with his methods and I think he's smarter than you give him credit for, we can disagree on that but I do think this was at least partially deliberate as far as the insult to his patients is concerned. Some people simply cannot see past party affiliation to the people who hold the ideas, I guess. Just look around for your proof of that! :lol:

I don't want to squash his right to do stuff like this, in fact if he were my doctor I'd rather know how he feels about me before he had his finger in a delicate spot. But I am adamantly opposed to the people who would wrap him in cotton and preach about his "right" to have no consequences for his own choices. It's just as wrong to try to squelch the critics' rights as it is to squelch the doctor's.

However, the only people I recall calling anyone fascists brown shirts in this thread are... well, Ravi is the only one I remember. Not that others haven't, but I remember Ravi, because it was directed at my point of view. I do not believe she was calling me a fascist brown shirt.

Who knows? Maybe some on the right did as well. I'm sure I am not alone when I say that I don't always pay as much attention to those who are arguing the same "side" as I am as I do to those who I am opposing.

I think he deliberately set out to ruffle feathers as well. However, whose feathers? I think it was Congress, the President and those who believe they have the right to dictate to us what we can and cannot do. I think you believe he set out to ruffle the feathers of his patients. I think you are wrong.

I did not say he was not smart. I think he did exactly what he wanted to do and expected to do. He got his point out nationwide.

I think he will suffer consequences. He will probably lose patients. He probably knew that in advance. He is likely to be audited next year too. I hope he thought about that. Hell, he might even be called in front of Congress and have to face the wrath of Congressman Henry Waxman! I think his patients have every right to decide for themselves whether they will remain his patients or not. They can tell him what they think by voting with their cash and more power to them. I do not think he needs to worry about that though.

Immie

Well, who called who what and which side they're on is in the thread, I'm not going to waste fingerpad arguing over it. Both sides have people who have done it, and both sides have people who advocate abrogating the other's speech as a "right" to protect their own. 'Nuff said.

I don't know about audits or being called before Congress, I think a lot depends on how he and others handle it. And on whether his wife gets elected and under what circumstances. :lol:

I'm not concerned about him at all, IMO he knew exactly what he was doing. Even if he didn't, there is no protection from others' protected speech or their right of choice. The people I'm concerned about are the ones who are caught in the crossfire with the media and the lunatic fringe.

I wonder if all this is going to backfire on him (and his wife's campaign) in more ways than one as the vultures and crazies descend on a small town en masse for his 15 minutes of fame and his neighbors decide they've had enough? But that's none of my conern either, except to bolster my opinion of the guy as a self-interested jerk.

Incorrect , sir.

Heil Hitler.

I hope you hung up on him mid-sentence.

Immie
He was trying to warn me about the power DOT had over me. I told him I could not afford to simply be bullied and expect it would just all go away on its own. I started making phone calls when 8AM rolled around. I ended up talking with a DOT board members secretary. She had me tell her in detail what happened. That same DOT guy had been bragging at a bar weeks before how he would prevent "that bitch from ever being certified". I did not know the man or anyone here in DOT. I shared that tidbit so people can understand how out of control our government agencies can be and sometimes are. The mine materials did eventually get the certification but the powers to be did also get me out of business through a lot of illegal activities.

It does not matter what your business is or what you do for a living at this point. Much of our government has gotten way too big and powerful in many instances and is meddling in places they should not be. They are stealing freedom of choice away and too many people are willingly letting them do it.

Immie

Well, who called who what and which side they're on is in the thread, I'm not going to waste fingerpad arguing over it. Both sides have people who have done it, and both sides have people who advocate abrogating the other's speech as a "right" to protect their own. 'Nuff said.

I don't know about audits or being called before Congress, I think a lot depends on how he and others handle it. And on whether his wife gets elected and under what circumstances. :lol:

I'm not concerned about him at all, IMO he knew exactly what he was doing. Even if he didn't, there is no protection from others' protected speech or their right of choice. The people I'm concerned about are the ones who are caught in the crossfire with the media and the lunatic fringe.

I wonder if all this is going to backfire on him (and his wife's campaign) in more ways than one as the vultures and crazies descend on a small town en masse for his 15 minutes of fame and his neighbors decide they've had enough? But that's none of my conern either, except to bolster my opinion of the guy as a self-interested jerk.

I fully expect it to backfire on him and his wife.

Before she was a nothing. The media wouldn't have wasted their time with her. Now, they are going to skin her alive.

Immie

Immie

I fully expect it to backfire on him and his wife.

Before she was a nothing. The media wouldn't have wasted their time with her. Now, they are going to skin her alive.

Immie

And the irony here is that due to the circumstances and timing I have a sneaking suspicion her campaign has more to do with his chosen method of expression than anything else. The story was picked up on the wire services from the local rag, but I'd love to find out who alerted the local paper in the first place...

Ah well, it's going to be one hell of a ride for this guy for a while. That's "penalty" enough for what he did - and no camps. ;)

And the Alinksy smear campaign against this doctor begins.

No need to speak directly to the issue. Just trash...
This particular Doctor CHOSE to put himself in the spotlight, and chose his words on that sign of his...so he also chose the topic....and his sign did not voice any of his concerns regarding health care reform.....

This is the topic you all want to change it IN TO, imho....but NOT the issue at hand, which to me, is.....Was what he did, by putting a sign on his lobby door, where his own patients are suppose to enter the Lobby to his office, stating in Capital Letters and BOLD PRINT,

IF YOU VOTED FOR OBAMA
ELSEWHERE

This sign was not directed at new patients...NO ONE walks door to door trying to pick out their Urologist for goodness sakes! sheesh

This sign was him directing his angst, towards so

IF YOU VOTED FOR OBAMA
ELSEWHERE

Either that or he was playing to his wife's base

I'm not aware of any physicians who died because they took patients who didn't agree with them politically.

Career suicide, bub.

The Hippocratic oath does not require a doctor to cede his judgment to government bureaucrats. Their is an implicit "good faith" assumption that society will not abuse the good will of doctors to provide service. Our government has broke that good faith and abused that good will.

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

@ bold & red

All doctors who support Obama's HC bill are breaking their oath. I don't see anyone on the left screaming about their ethics.

Ame®icano;2174150 said:

@ bold & red

All doctors who support Obama's HC bill are breaking their oath. I don't see anyone on the left screaming about their ethics.

Great Catch!

There's also the bit about how we will now have 159 panels and boards Playing God.

I'm not aware of any physicians who died because they took patients who didn't agree with them politically.

Career suicide, bub.

And how exactly does the healthcare bill kill the careers of urologists?

Be specific.

And be sure to include a reference to the other criticism of the heatlhcare bill which is that it is going to create a doctor SHORTAGE because of increased demand for care.

I don't see why the sign would upset anybody, heck if I had voted for Obama my attitude towards the urologist would simply be, piss on him.

Price Controls for one.

Mandated benefits and "approved" procedures for two others.

Clearly, the doctor's judgment is that ObamaCare damages his profession. He's in the best position to make that evaluation.

As to shortage of supply - if you don't understand how demand driven by things being FREE outstrips supply, then there is no explaining economics to you.

Last edited:

IF YOU VOTED FOR OBAMA
ELSEWHERE

So? Disagree and walk the fuck away. There is NO FUCKING NEED to slander or smear the man.

Forum List

Back