Fla. doc's sign warns off Obama supporters

And the Alinksy smear campaign against this doctor begins.

No need to speak directly to the issue. Just trash...
This particular Doctor CHOSE to put himself in the spotlight, and chose his words on that sign of his...so he also chose the topic....and his sign did not voice any of his concerns regarding health care reform.....

This is the topic you all want to change it IN TO, imho....but NOT the issue at hand, which to me, is.....Was what he did, by putting a sign on his lobby door, where his own patients are suppose to enter the Lobby to his office, stating in Capital Letters and BOLD PRINT,

IF YOU VOTED FOR OBAMA
SEEK YOUR UROLOGY SERVICES
ELSEWHERE

This sign was not directed at new patients...NO ONE walks door to door trying to pick out their Urologist for goodness sakes! sheesh

This sign was him directing his angst, towards some of his very own patients, that he took an Oath to ALWAYS keep politics OUT OF HIS PROFESSION......

Why is it so hard to SAY, what he did, in the manner that he did it, was WRONG for him to do, as a Physician...putting himself over the concerns of his patients?

Wrong again... it was directed to Congress.

Don't kid yourself. This doctor knew the reaction this would cause. He knew this would make national headlines. A doctor finally standing up and saying "enough is enough!" and opposing HCR. Of course, this would be splattered all over the media which will of course skewer him for have balls.

Again, you have avoided it for 24 hours or so, prove to me that he has turned away one patient that came into his office. Just one! Not one that said, "FU Dr. Cassell if that is the way you feel, I will find another doctor." but one that came to him. Prove to me that he even asked such a patient what he thought about the bill. Then you will have one your point.

Immie

How did the words he put on that sign say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH regarding HCR .....what in that posted sign said what YOU SAY it did...? Where is that sign directed towards Congress?

just a hint of directing me towards the words in that sign which says what YOU SAY....

I suppose, that there ARE NO WORDS in this doctor's sign that says anything of the sort.

He broke his Physicians OATH immie....did he not?

Maybe you answered this and I missed the post?

No, I see your argument much as the left wing version of the argument I am trying to make. Neither one of us are taking the position that "our" side has taken.

You seem to respect his right to make the statement whether it is right or wrong and you seem to support HCR.

To me this is nothing but a free speech issue. My side is making this guy out to be a hero for opposing HCR.

I don't like the way he did it, but I believe that he was only trying to make a statement and in no way did he intend to hurt or offend his patients. Yes, it was directed TO the patient, but it was clearly not meant FOR the patient. It was meant FOR Congress. It was a statement to the country about this doctor's opposition to something that will severely affect the way he does business.

I will repeat, something from a post of a few minutes ago... no one is listening.

I believe everyone of us have the right to make such statements and the idea that Care would have the gall to attack him for making one is disturbing to me.

Immie

Actually I don't support HCR, at least not this bill and how it was done. But that's almost irrelevant here. Actually it is irrelevant.

You're absolutely right this doctor or any of us have every right to make a statement. I've never questioned that. But the fact that some others, not you, have not only defended the way this was done but gone so far as to say free speech demands he be protected from any consequences of his own action AND that any who would use their own freedom of speech to voice their disapproval are tprousual handy meltingt wt of slurs (fascists, statists, etc) is deeply disturbing to me.

To you perhaps it is clear the sign was not meant for the patient, but I would disagree. This is a highly educated professional, unless he treats his local Congressman on a regular basis he has every reason to know Congress would never see it. Who does, and who is it addressed to? His patients. His neighbors. Perhaps even his friends. Did he have any idea it would hit the national media on a tradtitionally slow weekend? If so, is he aware of the inevitable circus he's thrustington his family, friends and neighbors, not to mention his patients?

Why? What is his motivation for doingtit this way as opposed to a way that would either lay out his case and attempt to persuade these same people to his point of view or reach his intended audience? Why jeopardize his business for a political statement that could be made literally dozens of other ways? It's irresponsible at best, and those who think so have every right to express their own opinion and make their own statement with the exact same rights the doctor possesses.

There are too many things here that are troubling, some about him and some about the general atmosphere that makes (verbal) attacks like this on everyday people more and more accepted. Protected speech? Sure. Troubling? Absolutely. Would I support any businessperson who engages in these tactics? No way.

He has no other way to express himself unless of course he cares to join the Tea Partiers and become labeled a racist.

Our voices have been stymied. Those of us who oppose the bill are beingtsilenced and those who still have the guts to stand up and say NO are beingtattacked by the President himself amongtothers. We're beingtcalled hysterical and racists for not falling in line with the socialization (and yes, that is the ultimate goal of the President) of our health care system.

Immie

So disregarding the many other ways he can express himself outside the workplace (and there are many), you're all right with average everyday people being insulted and degraded by their physician in his office for a vote they cast a year and a half ago because some people call Tea Partiers racist? Am I reading this correctly?

Glen Beck, Sean Hannity, and Rush Limbaugh are Info-Tainers, not elected officials.

Please identify Republican elected officials who have attacked private citizens the way Joe The Plumber, the Palin's daughter, the Boston Police, and this doctor have been.

He posted a message on the door of his business that explicitly turned away Obama supporters. That's not even debatable. No more debatable than if he'd put a 'whites only' sign on his door.

Although the sign was "addressed to" patients, it was clearly not meant "for" his patients. Only a moron would believe it was.

The message was a political statement against HCR. Nothing more, nothing less.

Immie

HOW was his statement a political statement AGAINST HCR....

PLEASE fr the love of God, SHOW US how you can interpret that specific message, as a message against HCR?

What words in this message, told you such, with such certainty?

If you were a patient, who was not generally political....HOW would they KNOW what this doctor's concerns were, about HCR?

Please....I'll even giver you the liberty of stretching and twisting and contorting his statement to explain it away....just do it for me please.

I already have shown you in several proceeding posts. I'm not going to retype it.

If I were a patient that was not generally political? Come on, do you honestly believe that even the least political (barring people with mental handicaps) among us do not know about the bill that was just signed into law?

It is his actions that make me certain that I am right. Once again, show me where he turned away one single patient. Just one. Did he make them sign a statement that they were opposed to HCR? Maybe a petition to repeal it? No, that has not been reported. He made a political statement. That is all.

We used to have the freedom to do so in this country. Obviously, that is no longer the case.

Immie

The Doctor did not take an Oath to allow the State to turn him into a defacto slave.

Just sayin'.

You can say that now about Palin, but you have never proven it in the past.

The time and place is only when they agree with your point of view. Other than that for me and this doctor it is STFU.

Immie

Why do you LIE so much immie...and on Easter Sunday!?!?!?

I haven't participated in a Palin thread in about a year....and I was never a basher of Palin or her girls or her son....I have always felt the extraordinary abuse that she has been given, has been heartless.

And I hope you find a job immie! I know your nastiness will subside some then....

Happy Easter to you and your family!

Care

now that's a dumb bitch to take a pot shot because Immie lost his job. you are not one iota better than the doctor you are bitching about, go preach your fucking ethics elsewhere.

Don't worry about it.

It must be getting close to a campaign. We're fighting again. It has been a long time. At least she's talking to me. :lol:

Immie

I'd find the criticism against a private citizen posting a sign on his place of business to be much more valid if we saw equal outrage over the smears and attacks by public officials (who wield a great deal of government power) against those in far less powerful positions.

What ever happened to "Speaking Truth To Power"? This is what the doctor is doing - you may not like his method, but he has the right to exercise his 1st Amendment Rights.

WHAT TRUTH is in the language of the sign this doctor chose to post where all his patients to see?

can YOU answer that...?

DO YOU believe he broke his physicians oath by bringing politics in to his practice and with his patients?

or does THAT not really matter to you?

I COULD CARE LESS about all the 'politics' you all want to spin around this issue....

I just want to know if you think this doctor may have broken his physician's oath?

just a yes or no, is fine.

unless you do want to speak further on it, then i am fine with that as well...

care

This particular Doctor CHOSE to put himself in the spotlight, and chose his words on that sign of his...so he also chose the topic....and his sign did not voice any of his concerns regarding health care reform.....

This is the topic you all want to change it IN TO, imho....but NOT the issue at hand, which to me, is.....Was what he did, by putting a sign on his lobby door, where his own patients are suppose to enter the Lobby to his office, stating in Capital Letters and BOLD PRINT,

IF YOU VOTED FOR OBAMA
ELSEWHERE

This sign was not directed at new patients...NO ONE walks door to door trying to pick out their Urologist for goodness sakes! sheesh

This sign was him directing his angst, towards some of his very own patients, that he took an Oath to ALWAYS keep politics OUT OF HIS PROFESSION......

Why is it so hard to SAY, what he did, in the manner that he did it, was WRONG for him to do, as a Physician...putting himself over the concerns of his patients?

Don't kid yourself. This doctor knew the reaction this would cause. He knew this would make national headlines. A doctor finally standing up and saying "enough is enough!" and opposing HCR. Of course, this would be splattered all over the media which will of course skewer him for have balls.

Again, you have avoided it for 24 hours or so, prove to me that he has turned away one patient that came into his office. Just one! Not one that said, "FU Dr. Cassell if that is the way you feel, I will find another doctor." but one that came to him. Prove to me that he even asked such a patient what he thought about the bill. Then you will have one your point.

Immie

How did the words he put on that sign say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH regarding HCR .....what in that posted sign said what YOU SAY it did...? Where is that sign directed towards Congress?

just a hint of directing me towards the words in that sign which says what YOU SAY....

I suppose, that there ARE NO WORDS in this doctor's sign that says anything of the sort.

He broke his Physicians OATH immie....did he not?

Maybe you answered this and I missed the post?

How could you have missed it? For 24 hours, I have asked you and every liberal who made such a claim to prove to me that he has turned away one single patient that went into his office or asked them their political viewpoints. Not one of you have tried to do that. Or maybe you actually tried and found out that I was right?!

If he has done either one of those things, then yes, he broke the Oath, which by the way, is not illegal or even immoral. People break their oaths all the time. It happens.

Since he has not done those things, it is quite evident that this message was meant for Congress, the President and yes, the entire country. It WAS a political statement and for having the gall to make such a statement the left unleashed the media upon him.

Immie

Last edited:
he may be a private business, but ALL PHYSICIANS, take an OATH, to be Physicians FIRST, above all else in their own personal lives.

The Doctor is speaking out against how he thinks ObamaCare will negatively affect his private practice.

he may be a private business, but ALL PHYSICIANS, take an OATH, to be Physicians FIRST, above all else in their own personal lives.

Their oath is not a SUICIDE PACT in which they are obligated to provide services no matter what conditions are placed upon them. They don't pledge to that the state can force them to act against their own self-interest to the point of bankruptcy.

Their oath is not a SUICIDE PACT in which they are obligated to provide services no matter what conditions are placed upon them. They don't pledge to that the state can force them to act against their own self-interest to the point of bankruptcy.

That's all fine and good. You have the bullet points down pat. Have a cigar.

But what does that have to do with putting up a sign telling patients (otherwise known as paying customers) to go elsewhere for treatment based on their political views?

I'm not aware of any physicians who died because they took patients who didn't agree with them politically.

So the guy is protesting some perceived fear of bankruptcy by effectively turning away about half of his potential customers?

lol

Actually I don't support HCR, at least not this bill and how it was done. But that's almost irrelevant here. Actually it is irrelevant.

You're absolutely right this doctor or any of us have every right to make a statement. I've never questioned that. But the fact that some others, not you, have not only defended the way this was done but gone so far as to say free speech demands he be protected from any consequences of his own action AND that any who would use their own freedom of speech to voice their disapproval are tprousual handy meltingt wt of slurs (fascists, statists, etc) is deeply disturbing to me.

To you perhaps it is clear the sign was not meant for the patient, but I would disagree. This is a highly educated professional, unless he treats his local Congressman on a regular basis he has every reason to know Congress would never see it. Who does, and who is it addressed to? His patients. His neighbors. Perhaps even his friends. Did he have any idea it would hit the national media on a tradtitionally slow weekend? If so, is he aware of the inevitable circus he's thrustington his family, friends and neighbors, not to mention his patients?

Why? What is his motivation for doingtit this way as opposed to a way that would either lay out his case and attempt to persuade these same people to his point of view or reach his intended audience? Why jeopardize his business for a political statement that could be made literally dozens of other ways? It's irresponsible at best, and those who think so have every right to express their own opinion and make their own statement with the exact same rights the doctor possesses.

There are too many things here that are troubling, some about him and some about the general atmosphere that makes (verbal) attacks like this on everyday people more and more accepted. Protected speech? Sure. Troubling? Absolutely. Would I support any businessperson who engages in these tactics? No way.

He has no other way to express himself unless of course he cares to join the Tea Partiers and become labeled a racist.

Our voices have been stymied. Those of us who oppose the bill are beingtsilenced and those who still have the guts to stand up and say NO are beingtattacked by the President himself amongtothers. We're beingtcalled hysterical and racists for not falling in line with the socialization (and yes, that is the ultimate goal of the President) of our health care system.

Immie

So disregarding the many other ways he can express himself outside the workplace (and there are many), you're all right with average everyday people being insulted and degraded by their physician in his office for a vote they cast a year and a half ago because some people call Tea Partiers racist? Am I reading this correctly?

Prove to me that he has insulted his patients.

You might be able to claim that the sign is insulting and I would agree with you in that respect. I would have not chosen his method. However, from the sounds of it, you are insinuating that once they came into his office he queried them and then insulted them. I do not believe that he directed this to his patients. I believe it was meant for the country. He doesn't appear to be very good at getting his message out. So, he's not a good writer. Do we sue him for that? He could have handled this in a much better way. He could have been much more diplomatic, but he wasn't. I guess we should send him to Gitmo for that.

Am I okay with the fact that he chose this method? No, I said that when I first got involved in the two thread, I think it was only two, that involved this discussion.

I, as you, respect his right to do so. I am offended by the reaction some in these threads have taken that would squash his right to do so.

Immie

Why do you LIE so much immie...and on Easter Sunday!?!?!?

I haven't participated in a Palin thread in about a year....and I was never a basher of Palin or her girls or her son....I have always felt the extraordinary abuse that she has been given, has been heartless.

And I hope you find a job immie! I know your nastiness will subside some then....

Happy Easter to you and your family!

Care

now that's a dumb bitch to take a pot shot because Immie lost his job. you are not one iota better than the doctor you are bitching about, go preach your fucking ethics elsewhere.

Don't worry about it.

It must be getting close to a campaign. We're fighting again. It has been a long time. At least she's talking to me. :lol:

Immie

I'm not really worrying about it. just pointing out she's the last person on earth to be preaching ethics.. she's a below the belt attack dog. like most demorats.

I'd find the criticism against a private citizen posting a sign on his place of business to be much more valid if we saw equal outrage over the smears and attacks by public officials (who wield a great deal of government power) against those in far less powerful positions.

What ever happened to "Speaking Truth To Power"? This is what the doctor is doing - you may not like his method, but he has the right to exercise his 1st Amendment Rights.

Why don't you judge how 'valid' the criticism is on its own merits? Instead of worrying about someone else's attitude towards something altogether different...what he did was either right or wrong or somewhere in between, without any regard to who else did what or who else thought what.

And the Alinksy smear campaign against this doctor begins.

No need to speak directly to the issue. Just trash...

IF YOU VOTED FOR OBAMA
ELSEWHERE

Don't kid yourself. This doctor knew the reaction this would cause. He knew this would make national headlines. A doctor finally standing up and saying "enough is enough!" and opposing HCR. Of course, this would be splattered all over the media which will of course skewer him for having balls.

Again, you have avoided it for 24 hours or so, prove to me that he has turned away one patient that came into his office. Just one! Not one that said, "FU Dr. Cassell if that is the way you feel, I will find another doctor." but one that came to him. Prove to me that he even asked such a patient what he thought about the bill. Then you will have won your point.

Immie

Prove to us that someone seeking care didn't approach his office, see the sign on the door, heed its command, and leave?

Glen Beck, Sean Hannity, and Rush Limbaugh are Info-Tainers, not elected officials.

Please identify Republican elected officials who have attacked private citizens the way Joe The Plumber, the Palin's daughter, the Boston Police, and this doctor have been.

Glen, Sean and Rush are all part of the scheme.

However, I can't think of any liberal elected officials that have attacked Joe the Plumber, Palin's daughter, the Boston Police and the doctor. I know Obama has spoken up about it, but most of the attacks on them has come from left wing media organizations and not elected political officials. Sure, they (the politicians) bask in the glory of their own attack dogs, but they sit back and let the dogs do their tricks.

By the way, I'm sure a few elected Republicans had things to say about that nutty Sheehan woman. :D I'm simply not going fishing to find it.

Immie

All politicians take an oath to defend the constitution... I don't see you bragging about it.

I stated earlier, his sign is unethical. But since he didn't brake any law and more I see left bitching about it, more I believe it's not.

Forum List

Back