Fla. doc's sign warns off Obama supporters

I don't think it says that he asked anyone their political views. He simply put a sign on the door that says if you voted for Obama you can go elsewhere.

To my knowledge he didn't ask a soul nor did he turn anyone away. A simple sign that made a political statement that libs don't want to hear. They don't want to hear that there are doctors (let alone people) out there that don't like this bill.

Immie

you didn't read the links.

but that is to be expected.

and: Inference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The fact that such things are occurring illustrates how poisoned our culture has become ...

nope. It says something about this man and people who would support what he has done.

Most normal people in business do not ask clients about their political views. It is offensive to be seeking medical care and have a so-called professional attack you personally because he does not like who you voted for. What the fuck is that all about? Obama won the election. Obama will be running again. Vote against him, but do not attack other Americans because you dislike who won an election.

:cuckoo:

I don't think it says that he asked anyone their political views. He simply put a sign on the door that says if you voted for Obama you can go elsewhere.

To my knowledge he didn't ask a soul nor did he turn anyone away. A simple sign that made a political statement that libs don't want to hear. They don't want to hear that there are doctors (let alone people) out there that don't like this bill.

Immie

hmmmm....seems to me, there are millions who voted for obama, who did not support the health care bill....

bull crap to the ''they don't want to hear CRAPOLA'',....JUST PARTISAN RHETORIC ON your part Immie..............what the Doctor did, was unethical...end of story.

WHY is this so hard to just admit and move on....why give support to this doc, who was a hysterical idiot?? why?

he did NOT say you CAN go elsewhere....he SAID, go elsewhere....no?

What happens when and if this guys practice goes broke and he closes his doors. Is he then going to be rounded up and sent to a forced labor camp and forces to work on people like the nazis did to the concentration camp inmates? Obama care is going to increase the number of doctors leaving the medical field.

them demorats ain't listening buddy,, they ain't listening. they iz moralizing again.. :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

They aren't listening because they exempted themselves families and aids from this healthcare bill. Kinda tells you something when they don't want to use it?

prove it keekee....you keep spamming that so call tidbit....how about some proof to support your claim....

the reason i ask, is because that is simply not true....the different insurance companies that gvt workers use have to follow the same new rules as all insurance companies....

offer to existing condition customers, offer to 26 year olds on parents policies, not be able to drop you when you are sick.....ALL of the new measures INCLUDES the insurance policies congress has....

On one hand, the guy has every right to make whatever boneheaded statement he wants that will get his wife's candidacy free press.

I mean, that will express his incredibly personal, deeply held convictions. Of course. :rofl:

On the other hand, when I hire a professional I expect them to be professional and act in a professional manner. Political theater in the office is completely unprofessional, and therefore unacceptable to me as a paying customer. So I would seek a REAL professional elsewhere. Immediately.

Unethical - yes, illegal - no.

Since is not illegal, there is nothing to be done but bitch about how unethical is he.

This doctor is a dick (well, he's urologist), and being dick is perfectly legal in US.

OK Care, what do you think should be done about this doctor?

IT is his practice he can accept any patient or not he determines the reasons. That is America

The modern version of that oath reads:

"I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm."

It says nothing about politics. However, politics are mentioned in the American Medical Association's Code of Ethics.

Section 9.012:

"Under no circumstances should physicians allow their differences with patients or their families about political matters to interfere with the delivery of high-quality professional care."

you people are a joke to even support this jackass doctor

i think the word is retarded... :cuckoo:

i think the doctor should lose his license. :cool:

Last edited:
Unethical or a sign of things to come?

100402-sign-hmed-230p.hmedium.jpg

Fla. doc's sign warns off Obama supporters - Health care- msnbc.com

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I wonder how any of us would feel if the government were forcing us to take a 21% cut in pay and then perform job duties we found repugnant.

The doctor is not a slave. He has the right to determine how he conducts his private practice - as well as the right to Free Speech.
and this has to do with him putting a sign on his door turning down his patients that VOTED for obama nearly 2 years ago how?

and 'that' excuses him doing such how?

i think it is BEST if we say it like it is....

what this man did, breaks his ethical code, he should not have done it, regardless of the flaws in the recent health care bill that CONGRESS voted on and passed.

IT is none of his business who his patients voted for in the presidential election, we have a secret ballot for reasons....besides the fact that his political opinion does NOT belong in his practice, for ANY REASON....

I DO NOT want to know who any of my personal doctors supported in a presidential election or anything about their political leanings when i am in their offices for my MEDICAL appointment and care, i expect to get just that, without any of their political machinations or wife's political inspirations, being brought in to it. give me what i am paying for, otherwise keep your personal feelings and hysteria, to yourself....thank you very much mr urologist!

HEY,, CARE,, SINCE YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT ETHICS AND THE ADHERENCE TO THEM WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST WE DO WITH THE DEMORAT CONGRESSMEN AND WOMEN? i'D LIKE TO KNOW..

HEY WILLOW

start your own thread on that subject and maybe you will find out!

and this has to do with him putting a sign on his door turning down his patients that VOTED for obama nearly 2 years ago how?

what this man did, breaks his ethical code, he should not have done it, regardless of the flaws in the recent health care bill that CONGRESS voted on and passed.

IT is none of his business who his patients voted for in the presidential election, we have a secret ballot for reasons....besides the fact that his political opinion does NOT belong in his practice, for ANY REASON....

I DO NOT want to know who any of my personal doctors supported in a presidential election or anything about their political leanings when i am in their offices for my MEDICAL appointment and care, i expect to get just that, without any of their political machinations or wife's political inspirations, being brought in to it. give me what i am paying for, otherwise keep your personal feelings and hysteria, to yourself....thank you very much mr urologist!

HEY,, CARE,, SINCE YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT ETHICS AND THE ADHERENCE TO THEM WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST WE DO WITH THE DEMORAT CONGRESSMEN AND WOMEN? i'D LIKE TO KNOW..

HEY WILLOW

start your own thread on that subject and maybe you will find out!

it would be just as easy for you to answer here. But it seems you don't want to..

IT is his practice he can accept any patient or not he determines the reasons. That is America

"I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm."

It says nothing about politics. However, politics are mentioned in the American Medical Association's Code of Ethics.

Section 9.012:

"Under no circumstances should physicians allow their differences with patients or their families about political matters to interfere with the delivery of high-quality professional care."

why?

Section 9.012:

how many unethical lawyers lose theirs?.. other than billboard clinton

Here's the thing about Freedom of Speech and Freedom in General - sometimes other people do things we don't like. Isn't that the test? To accept other's exercise of Liberty even when we don't like it.

The doctor posted a sign which encouraged patients to seek care elsewhere - not in the most diplomatic manner, but he has 1st Amendment Rights.

Doctors already refuse to see Medicare patients because they don't want to provide services at a loss. In some areas, OBGYNs refuse to see pregnant women because of the malpractice risk. My doctor refuses to treat smokers. If other doctors can refuse to accept such patients, why can't this doctor exercise his own criteria?

The doctor's ethical obligation, imo, is to not refuse care to someone who has no alternatives (i.e., in an emergency situation). He is not preventing the prospective patients from going to another doctor; nor is he quizzing those who actually do make an appointment about their politics.

He is letting them know how unhappy he is with ObamaCare.

That is his right - and he is doing it in what he judges to be the most effective manner available to him.

Last edited:

Section 9.012:

Lose his license??? Are you out of your mind?

What jillian said here is exactly why liberals want as much government control as possible. So when someone expresses something the statists don't like, they can call for licenses, businesses and livelihoods to be destroyed.

What's next, should we have political prisoners too?

Ame®icano;2171820 said:

Section 9.012:

What jillian said here is exactly why liberals want as much government control as possible. So when someone expresses something the statists don't like, they can call for licenses, businesses and livelihoods to be destroyed.

I don't think this joker needs any help destrying his own livelihood and business. I hope a County Commissioner there makes enough for his little stunt to be worth it! :rofl:

But yep, he has every right to be an idiot and a jackass if he insists on doing so. :thup:

Section 9.012:

why?

I see she hasn't responded.

Does she really want to live in a country where people can be forced out of their professions for exercising their First Amendment rights?

And note: only 20% of doctors belong to the AMA. It is not a governing licensing body.

Last edited:

Oh. That's nice.

A doctor doesn't wish to be enslaved under ObamaCare, and should be forced into bankruptcy for expressing an opinion.

Be sure not to wash your brown shirt in hot water; it'll shrink and fade.

Are you seriously implying all of this doctor's patients who are offended, insulted or simply mystified by the utter unprofessionalism of his choice of expression have no right to stop patronizing him as a result, thereby depriving him of income? :cuckoo:

Ame®icano;2171820 said:

Section 9.012:

big grandiose lectures from them about ethics, while they look the other way when their elected officals steal 960 billion dollars from the elderly, while their elected president fucks himself silly in the oval office and lies to a jury and on national tv. and they want to lecture us about ethics.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The guy is just a sore loser. I doubt health care reform will affect his practice at all. IMO, he's a liar and unethical and doing this because his wife is running for office.

Typical republican whiner. :thup:

Guess what? You don't have to be treated by him!

Ain't Freedom Grand?

Forum List

Back