Flat Earthers

Yes, there ARE people out there who believe the Earth is flat. However, you can see the curve of the earth (slightly) if you are riding in a commercial jet liner..
You'll See It Even Better Standing On Terra-Firma

Face West On The Kansas-Colorado Border
It's About 4,000ft
The Mountains Shoot Up From An Unobstructed Plain
Over 1,000ft Higher To Total Heights 13,000ft And Better

See Any Mountains From The Border ??
Nope...
You've Got Another 90min Of Driving Due West
Before The Mountains Crest Above The Horizon
Why ??
Because The Earth Is ROUND

In The Parking Lot At The Top Of Pike's Peak
At Over 14,100ft Is A Plaque That States:
'From This Point You Can See 5 States'

No, You Can't
If You Can't See The Mountains From Kansas
You Can't See Kansas From The Mountain
Or Any Of The Other 4 States Either

Like Oklahoma, Texas
And The Potential View Of Wyoming
Is Completely BLOCKED
By The Surrounding Mountains Themselves

U5dswgAAjqi5vevV3KaVsbys9akWNeE_1680x8400.jpeg
Too many idiots who believe Earth is like Asgard. Thors realm.

I dont think many people really believe it. Its more like a sarcastic stance to make people question what they are being taught.

That's precisely true.

Everyone knows the Earth is a sphere, but very few people can explain in any detail why they believe it to be a fact. If you fervently believe something to the point of being unwilling to question it, but you don't understand it, it's no different from a superstition.

People latch onto what they're taught in school that they don't fully understand. Flat Earth Society frustrates so many people because they know that Flat-Earthers are wrong but they can't explain why or how they're wrong. So, instead, they turn to zealotry and abuse.

Fort Fun Indiana said:
Except for when we have seen the other side...there are pictures....
Those Photos Are ALL From NASA

And NASA Has To Perpetuate The Fraud
They Went To The Moon To Start With !!

All Photos From High Enough To 'Claim' The Curvature
Are From NASA Craft

LIES !! ALL LIES !!

I dont think many people really believe it. Its more like a sarcastic stance to make people question what they are being taught.

That's precisely true.

Everyone knows the Earth is a sphere, but very few people can explain in any detail why they believe it to be a fact. If you fervently believe something to the point of being unwilling to question it, but you don't understand it, it's no different from a superstition.

People latch onto what they're taught in school that they don't fully understand. Flat Earth Society frustrates so many people because they know that Flat-Earthers are wrong but they can't explain why or how they're wrong. So, instead, they turn to zealotry and abuse.
Which is a stupid effort, really. Do you understand specifically how the ebola virus causes symptoms and spreads? I will wager that very few people do.

But a person who claims ebola is not caused by a virus but rather by the snail demon Kragar should be mocked. It is well ajd good to respect expertise and the scientific process.

That's precisely true.

Which is a stupid effort, really. Do you understand specifically how the ebola virus causes symptoms and spreads? I will wager that very few people do.

But a person who claims ebola is not caused by a virus but rather by the snail demon Kragar should be mocked. It is well ajd good to respect expertise and the scientific process.

The point isn't whether the Earth is a sphere or isn't or whether Ebola is a virus or a demonic spirit. The point is, if you're going to believe something to the point where you're unwilling to question it ... anything you believe ... a rational mind owes it to itself to understand and question the facts on which you've based your beliefs.

I have no problem with the idea that the Earth is a sphere or that pathogens spread disease. I have a huge problem with anyone who ridicules otherwise if they can't prove their beliefs. Without skepticism, there is no science.

The point is, if you're going to believe something to the point where you're unwilling to question it ... anything you believe ... a rational mind owes it to itself to understand and question the facts on which you've based your beliefs.
And it is irrational to say that accepting something as true -- simply as a determination for the purpose of proceeding through life, not as some infallible religious truth -- by deferring to experts is not rational.

I reject your analysis of flat earthers, as a generality. They are not as numerous as evolution deniers or climate deniers, who are decidedly NOT "playing an act". Well, some of the paid deniers are, I suppose.

I keep seeing this term on the interwebs, and don't know if it is a joke or some meme. It seems more than a joke and that there are indeed flat Earthers out there.

There can't possibly be any flat Earthers remaining, right?

Well there are people who flat out reject biology. They think sex and gender are determined by feelings. Probably the same lot that believe the Earth is flat.

1-in-100 newborns have atypical genitalia. Biologically. These include:

• Tissue that is related to both the ovaries and the testes

• Internal sex organs for both genders

• External genitalia that are partly ambiguous

• Chromosomes that are either normal female or male, or a mixture (mosaic)
    • An undeveloped sex organ

• Internal sex organs that are usually female

• External genitals that may vary between normal female and normal male. Most are female.

• Chromosomes that are normal, have only a X chromosome, or are a mixture (mosaic)
  • gonadal dysgenesis
    Those with this condition have male chromosomes, underdeveloped sex organs, internal female reproductive organs, and female external genitalia.
There's a damn good reason some people are confused.

Wrong, the transgender agenda has nothing to do with hermaphroditism or any other biological abnormalities. They contend that a perfectly healthy male can just be a female because he wants to be called one.

I keep seeing this term on the interwebs, and don't know if it is a joke or some meme. It seems more than a joke and that there are indeed flat Earthers out there.

Contrarian conservatives – rightists feel compelled to oppose everything, even when they’re wrong.
Flat Earthers refers to those who ignore all evidence and scientific research to cling to their unsupportable beliefs

Kind of like biology-deniers who believe gender is a choice.
Gender has psychological aspects too

I've seen a couple of them. That type usually claim the moon landing was faked as well.

Contrarian conservatives – rightists feel compelled to oppose everything, even when they’re wrong.
Flat Earthers refers to those who ignore all evidence and scientific research to cling to their unsupportable beliefs
So they are liberals?

Well there are people who flat out reject biology. They think sex and gender are determined by feelings. Probably the same lot that believe the Earth is flat.

1-in-100 newborns have atypical genitalia. Biologically. These include:

• Tissue that is related to both the ovaries and the testes

• Internal sex organs for both genders

• External genitalia that are partly ambiguous

• Chromosomes that are either normal female or male, or a mixture (mosaic)
    • An undeveloped sex organ

• Internal sex organs that are usually female

• External genitals that may vary between normal female and normal male. Most are female.

• Chromosomes that are normal, have only a X chromosome, or are a mixture (mosaic)
  • gonadal dysgenesis
    Those with this condition have male chromosomes, underdeveloped sex organs, internal female reproductive organs, and female external genitalia.
There's a damn good reason some people are confused.

Wrong, the transgender agenda has nothing to do with hermaphroditism or any other biological abnormalities. They contend that a perfectly healthy male can just be a female because he wants to be called one.

You have no idea if that's true or not. The answers to those questions are an inside job.

Forum List

Back