Flat Tax

The Rabbi

Why haven't you answered my question? You said that a flat tax is working well in Eastern European countries. I asked which ones.

How about it?
Flat tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The countries that have recently reintroduced flat taxes have done so largely in the hope of boosting economic growth. The Baltic countries of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania have had flat taxes of 24%, 25% and 33% respectively with a tax exempt amount, since the mid-1990s. On 1 January 2001, a 13% flat tax on personal income took effect in Russia. Ukraine followed Russia with a 13% flat tax in 2003, which later increased to 15% in 2007. Slovakia introduced a 19% flat tax on most taxes (that is, on corporate and personal income, for VAT, etc., almost without exceptions) in 2004. Romania introduced a 16% flat tax on personal income and corporate profit on 1 January 2005. Macedonia introduced a 12% flat tax on personal income and corporate profit on 1 January 2007 and promised to cut it to 10% in 2008.[21] Albania has implemented a 10% flat tax from 2008.[22] Bulgaria applies flat tax rate of 10% for corporate profits and personal income tax since 2008.[23]

800px-Flat_personal_income_tax.png

All for it.

I will never understand how so many here can complain that the rich pay a SMALLER rate than their secretaries and then demand that a flat tax would largely benefit the rich. One of those statements must be a lie...

Remove all those asinine loopholes that the wealthy use to avoid taxes and you might just find they end up paying more.

The Rabbi

Why haven't you answered my question? You said that a flat tax is working well in Eastern European countries. I asked which ones.

How about it?

The countries that have recently reintroduced flat taxes have done so largely in the hope of boosting economic growth. The Baltic countries of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania have had flat taxes of 24%, 25% and 33% respectively with a tax exempt amount, since the mid-1990s. On 1 January 2001, a 13% flat tax on personal income took effect in Russia. Ukraine followed Russia with a 13% flat tax in 2003, which later increased to 15% in 2007. Slovakia introduced a 19% flat tax on most taxes (that is, on corporate and personal income, for VAT, etc., almost without exceptions) in 2004. Romania introduced a 16% flat tax on personal income and corporate profit on 1 January 2005. Macedonia introduced a 12% flat tax on personal income and corporate profit on 1 January 2007 and promised to cut it to 10% in 2008.[21] Albania has implemented a 10% flat tax from 2008.[22] Bulgaria applies flat tax rate of 10% for corporate profits and personal income tax since 2008.[23]

I asked for examples of where it is working well. You gave me examples of where it has been instituted. Several of the nations in your wikipedia article have abandoned the system already. Estonia had some very positive growth for a while...and it is normally the nation that flat tax supporters hold up as the ideal. But.....even there ther results have been less than stellar in recent years. Their GDP is still below what it was in 2008.

Overall....a very weak attempt on your part. Want to try again?

Flat taxes are regressive, and the clock does not run backwards, boys, much as you would wish that it would. A flat tax is never fair. Like it or not, that is a goal of your society, attempting, many times, to be fair.

It's charming that you believe there's something "forward" about progressive income taxes. A flat tax is perfectly fair, and no tax at all would be even more fair. What's fair about making some people pay a higher percentage of their income in taxes than others?

We're talking about the government here, not society.
There is nothing fair about a flat tax.

Two men, both eat one apple a day that costs one dollar. One makes 10 dollars a day, one 100. One pays 10% for the apple, one pays 1%. Progressive taxes help to fix that because very honestly, Adam Smith agrees, one is getting a much better deal from their society.

Fair Tax doesn't mean everyone has the same purchasing power after tax, you blithering moron.

The Rabbi

How about it?

I asked for examples of where it is working well. Several of the nations in your wikipedia article have abandoned the system already. Estonia had some very positive growth for a while...and it is normally the nation that flat tax supporters hold up as the ideal. But.....even there ther results have been less than stellar in recent years. Their GDP is still below what it was in 2008.

I posted examples of those with a Flat Tax...........didn't see the working part................but to imply it wouldn't work here is not valid with me................x income............y taxes...........................simplified and on a post card...............

But you prefer to keep the complex assed system in place........................Simple is better............

Flat taxes are regressive, and the clock does not run backwards, boys, much as you would wish that it would. A flat tax is never fair. Like it or not, that is a goal of your society, attempting, many times, to be fair.

It's charming that you believe there's something "forward" about progressive income taxes. A flat tax is perfectly fair, and no tax at all would be even more fair. What's fair about making some people pay a higher percentage of their income in taxes than others?

Two men, both eat one apple a day that costs one dollar. One makes 10 dollars a day, one 100. One pays 10% for the apple, one pays 1%. Progressive taxes help to fix that because very honestly, Adam Smith agrees, one is getting a much better deal from their society.

Fair Tax doesn't mean everyone has the same purchasing power after tax, you blithering moron.
I am well aware of that, bitch...

The Rabbi

How about it?

I asked for examples of where it is working well. Several of the nations in your wikipedia article have abandoned the system already. Estonia had some very positive growth for a while...and it is normally the nation that flat tax supporters hold up as the ideal. But.....even there ther results have been less than stellar in recent years. Their GDP is still below what it was in 2008.

I posted examples of those with a Flat Tax...........didn't see the working part................but to imply it wouldn't work here is not valid with me................x income............y taxes...........................simplified and on a post card...............

But you prefer to keep the complex assed system in place........................Simple is better............

You own your own roofing business . How do you measure your "income".?

The Rabbi

How about it?

Profits versus expense..............................I suppose that the costs of nails and wood is too difficult for you to comprehend and we need a thousand rules to figure that out....................

x ............money for house............y.........costs of materials and labor...............z................................perhaps I should have said abc...................

Why the hell do we need to complicate that..........................

Progress implies their is a goal. What is the goal here? Please drop the pretext of fairness because it doesn't really seem fair to steal what someone else earns for themselves. Personally, I wish you would drop off the face of the earth so we can stop hearing these arguments but you exist so we have to deal with the marxist ghost of the past.
You would have enjoyed my Adam Smith was a Marxist thread, and this game isn't free. You are allowed to make a lot of money here. For that there is a price to be paid called taxes. Progressive income taxes, which imply fairness, are part of the deal.

You are allowed to make money? I can't imagine any statement more fascist than that. Why should the government have any say in how much money you can make? Government has no legitimate claim on your income. Neither does "society."
It's a pay to play game my little infant. Society built what's required for all that moneymaking, right down to printing, and defending, the greenbacks. Paying us back is not optional, it's the cost of doing business here.

Taxpayers paid for it, not society, dumbass. So your claim is that taxpayers have to pay for what they've already paid for.

Logic like that is how we know you're a dumbass and a servile bootlicking toady.

The Rabbi

How about it?

You haven't studied the matter enough to know if it works anywhere....but you are convinced it would work here.....because it is simple?

Nice thinking. I can't compete with that.

They both pay the same amount for the apple, dumbass. Prices in the grocery store aren't marked as a percentage of your income.

The Rabbi

How about it?

You haven't studied the matter enough to know if it works anywhere....but you are convinced it would work here.....because it is simple?

Whatever Mr. Half full glass..............

I don't think it's that dang complicated...............Do you have another reason NOT TO LIKE IT.............spit it out...............say it.........

Apparently not.

They both pay the same amount for the apple, dumbass. Prices in the grocery store aren't marked as a percentage of your income.
That's correct, which is why the progressive income tax helps even the board.

The only nice thing about a flat tax is everyone gets to bitch about the same rate. Exempt say, the first 60k of income, and a flat tax could be made to work.

Apparently not.
You are always wrong about this, Bripiss, and therefore shouldn't bother. You don't accept the ideas of society and a social contract that you were born to, accepting the idea of progressive taxation that pays for said things, even though most economists do, cannot be helped.

Whenever people float this it also includes "exemptions for xyz." Which means it's not flat!

And how do u measure incomes for self employed and the other 100 ways people get income ? Part of our big code is that it defines what does and does not count as income based on all kinds of deductions etc..
You are an idiot.
The major idea is exemption for everyone up to $40k or 30k. Then same percentage on every dollar earned after that no matter how it is earned. Self employed people file tax returns and declare income like anyone else.

The Rabbi

How about it?

Whatever Mr. Half full glass..............

I don't think it's that dang complicated...............Do you have another reason NOT TO LIKE IT.............spit it out...............say it.........

It does not work. How's that for simple, simpleton?

The Rabbi

How about it?

Profits versus expense..............................I suppose that the costs of nails and wood is too difficult for you to comprehend and we need a thousand rules to figure that out....................

x ............money for house............y.........costs of materials and labor...............z................................perhaps I should have said abc...................

Why the hell do we need to complicate that..........................
Timmy never owned anything nor filed a tax return. So this is kind of new to him.

Apparently not, given your prior responses, moron.

Forum List

Back