Floating a Trial Balloon….Literally

A satellite launch in 2014 had the technology to read license plates. That was almost a decade ago.

Also, you might want to look up the term geosynchronous
So? Satellites don't violate our airspace, Simp.

A satellite launch in 2014 had the technology to read license plates. That was almost a decade ago.

Also, you might want to look up the term geosynchronous
yes, I understand all that, and its likely that the Chinese are using those systems as well as the "weather" balloon. We used the U2 and SR71, and I am quite sure we use satellites too. So, in your mind why did the Chinese send the balloon? Don't say by mistake, it was intentional and everyone knows that. Was it simply a test of senile Joe? or did it take pictures and send them back to China, We might know if it is recovered from the bottom of the Atlantic, but will the government tell us if they find it??????????? Could the next one have a new virus to release or EMP to shut down our communications? or should we believe whatever Xi tells joe?

I am not excusing anything.

I am pointing out the stupidity of the idea this balloon could do thing better than a satellite.
It would have taken you less than one second to come up with the answer to your own question here....

"Balloons offer a few advantages over the use of satellites or drones," James Rogers, an academic at the University of Southern Denmark and Cornell University, who currently advises the U.N. Security Council on the transnational threat of drones, said in emailed comments.

"Not only are they cheaper than launching satellites into space, but by operating within the bounds of the earth's atmosphere, closer to the surface, they can obtain better-quality images." Rogers adds that the latest generation of balloons are high-tech in their own right, "envisaged as systems that can fly up to 90,000 feet, deploy their own drone systems," and detect incoming missiles.

Clarke points out that balloons can soar above the range of most planes, and their slow speed also means they aren't always picked up by radar, while additional technology or paint can help to further conceal them.

Equally important, balloons can stay over one area for longer periods than satellites, if the weather permits. Satellites can provide high-resolution imagery, Clarke said in an interview, "but the ability to monitor, to pick up wireless or computer traffic is an advantage if you can stay in one place. . . . The satellite can only pick that up as it travels over for a relatively short period."

YOU'RE comprehension ISSUES ARE NOT, my problem.
So, when did the "spies" praise China and Xi, like Trump?
Wow, you people really are little snowflakes aren't you....?

To feign that you don't understand the level of chess Trump was playing using complements in diplomacy, while working to further US position in Sino/US relations is comical...But, I understand things like context, and rational thinking aren't your strong suits.

yes, I understand all that, and its likely that the Chinese are using those systems as well as the "weather" balloon. We used the U2 and SR71, and I am quite sure we use satellites too. So, in your mind why did the Chinese send the balloon? Don't say by mistake, it was intentional and everyone knows that. Was it simply a test of senile Joe? or did it take pictures and send them back to China, We might know if it is recovered from the bottom of the Atlantic, but will the government tell us if they find it??????????? Could the next one have a new virus to release or EMP to shut down our communications? or should we believe whatever Xi tells joe?

Seems it was a test.

It was shot down over water that is only about 50 feet deep, so should be easy to find.

But it will not matter, you will not believe what the Govt tells you about it

Doesn't matter what it can do, Simp.

If violated our airspace for days and Chicom Joe did nothing.

I suspect he had it shot down over the ocean so we couldn't retrieve it or get any information from it. It could have easily been shot down over Alaska or Montana where it would give us easy access and allow us to study the technology within it.

But I guess this is what has to be done when you owe people of another country favors.

Seems it was a test.

It was shot down over water that is only about 50 feet deep, so should be easy to find.

if they find it and tell us exactly what it was and how it worked, I will probably believe it. The problem is that our government has been lying to us about almost everything for decades. How do we know what to believe and what is propaganda?

If it is in 50 feet of water it should be recoverable, we shall see.

Seems it was a test.

Yet, you will lay down for what the Government tells you for any event as long as it's a democrat administration telling you....My God man, you didn't know why a balloon would be used, as opposed to a satellite, or at least tried to make people believe that shit....This tactic of yours is blown....Time to find a new one....How about just dropping the pretense, and admitting your total fealty to the Dems...

It was bigger than three busses? I am waiting for the shitstorm fallout when they find out what that thing ACTUALY was.
You won’t believe whatever they say so you might as well make up stories now.

It was bigger than three busses? I am waiting for the shitstorm fallout when they find out what that thing ACTUALY was.
So you’re critical of them for not dropping it sooner while over land but also freely admit that you have no idea what it is.

Brilliant.

Forum List

Back