Florida Gov. DeSantis Has Just Signed A Bill Into Law That Would Allow Everyday Floridians To Sue Big Tech Platforms For Monetary Damages

I love this solution. It won't matter if Blue states don't follow suit. All the red state lawsuits will bankrupt the Big tech companies.

The big tech companies are not basecd in Florida. They cannot enforce it across state lines. It is meaningless.

Another conservative who's a constitutional illiterate.

Another fascist Democrat who ignores the Constitution until it serves you.

I actually agree that the Constitutionality of the law is dubious. But wow, your hypocrisy compared to the left silencing free speech just REEKS

All Constitutional rights have limits Everyone should know that. But conservatives seem to have this opinion that they can say anything they want, anytime they want, and anywhere they want. They're wrong.

Now when it comes to platforms like Facebook, the rules are clearly stated, and to join, a person has to agree to the terms and conditions. Most people don't have a problem coloring within the lines. But just like on this forum, conservatives like to needlessly hurl rhetorical bombs, and make ad hominem insults, and levy personal attacks based on race or gender or some other perceived status of a poster.

Then they get booted and then they start complaining that they've been discriminated against and that their freedom of speech has somehow been unduly infringed upon.

The next thing you know, conservatives want to pass laws that violate the very constitution which they claim to revere.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat!

You're just so full of shit. How do you stand the smell?

Thanks for proving my point for me.

Of course, everything proves your point to a leftist. We can't not prove your point. You believe whatever Democrats tell you to believe. It's not possible to show you how totally you're programmed

Yeah, I mention ad hominem attacks in passing, and what do you do in your very next post. Level a personal insult, of course.

You guys are SO predictable.

BTW, I'm not a Democrat. I've never been a Democrat.

Your belief that you don't do ad hominems couldn't be more absurd.

• Love
Reactions: kaz
I love this solution. It won't matter if Blue states don't follow suit. All the red state lawsuits will bankrupt the Big tech companies.

JUST IN - Florida Gov. DeSantis has just signed a bill into law that would allow everyday Floridians to sue Big Tech Platforms for monetary damages.
Is Florida going to cover their legal bills when they lose?
We have plenty of lawyers down here in Florida, and no one has to pay unless those lawyers win the case....Just like the big case with Tobacco quite a few years ago, you can bet those hungry lawyers are getting ready for a very big pay day....

At Morgan & Morgan, we believe everyone is entitled to quality legal representation regardless of how much money they make. Our attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis — we dont get paid unless you win — so that you can afford to hire an excellent attorney to protect your interests.

Frequently Asked Questions | Morgan & Morgan Law Firm

View attachment 493074
www.forthepeople.com/faq/general/
You think the EXTREMELY liberal John Morgan is going to take any of this crap on contingency?

Loser cases each and every one.

No responsible and respectable lawyer is going to take these "cases" on contingency. Of course that does leave those great Trump election lawyers. They won lots of those cases didn't they?

Solution 1: disney buy one share each of Amazon, MSFT, Google, FB, Twitter. The law is now rendered powerless because theme parks are excluded from the law.

Solution 2: Wait till 2 weeks before election and each of the platforms above block all traffic to and from Florida effectively shutting down the public internet in Florida. See how may elections the GOP wins when they're responsible for everyone in Florida losing their internet.

Geez. Wouldn't it be nice if the GOP could think beyond the next grift?

You posted two really stupid tactics.
  1. Buying a share of stock doesn't change the nature of the the type industry a company operates in, shit for brains.
  2. Who is going to block the internet to Florida, especially without violating their service contracts?

If they censor political candidates before an election.
Yep. So they are compelling speech. They demand that social media speak or it’s a fine.

To benefit politicians of all people.

Completely violates the 1st amendment.

JUST IN - Florida Gov. DeSantis has just signed a bill into law that would allow everyday Floridians to sue Big Tech Platforms for monetary damages.
We have plenty of lawyers down here in Florida, and no one has to pay unless those lawyers win the case....Just like the big case with Tobacco quite a few years ago, you can bet those hungry lawyers are getting ready for a very big pay day....

At Morgan & Morgan, we believe everyone is entitled to quality legal representation regardless of how much money they make. Our attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis — we dont get paid unless you win — so that you can afford to hire an excellent attorney to protect your interests.

View attachment 493074
You think the EXTREMELY liberal John Morgan is going to take any of this crap on contingency?

No responsible and respectable lawyer is going to take these "cases" on contingency. Of course that does leave those great Trump election lawyers. They won lots of those cases didn't they?
Morgan and Morgan takes anything that they can make money off of-----------anything and everything. Their specialty is harassment lawsuits and they love themselves a class action like this.

So that means cancer wornings on packs of cigarettes violate the First Amendment?
Facebook isn’t selling carcinogens. Commercial speech has more limits and even then it’s a balance between commerce clause and first amendment.

View attachment 493074

Sure they will, once somebody wins one. Then the flood gates will open. Bye Bye Facebook.

So that means cancer wornings on packs of cigarettes violate the First Amendment?
Facebook isn’t selling carcinogens. Commercial speech has more limits and even then it’s a balance between commerce clause and first amendment.
So you admit the government can compel speech, it's just that you support it when it does.

Forum List

Back