Florida Gov. DeSantis Has Just Signed A Bill Into Law That Would Allow Everyday Floridians To Sue Big Tech Platforms For Monetary Damages

Only of politicians running for office.
Doesn’t matter. It’s compelling speech.
To some extent. However, I don't have a problem with it since Facebook is nothing more than a propaganda organ now, and it's a monopoly.
Ah, so you’re okay with violating the constitution as long as it supports your politicians?

Kinda sounds a little fascist.
It's a government protected monopoly. It should have been split up long ago.
It’s not a government protected monopoly.

But you do have a justification for acting a little like a fascist.
Of course it's a government protected monopoly. That's irrefutable. Rule 230 is a federal regulation that protects it, and it's clearly a monopoly. It's far more of a monopoly than Standard Oil ever was.
Section 230 applies to every other website too. Hard to say government protects a monopoly when it extends that protection to literally every one of their competitors.

Speaking of section 230, this law attempts to break it, however the supremacy clause would prevent that.

Man, Floridians really don’t understand how government works.
It doesn't apply to publishers. It claims to apply only to "platforms." Facebook is operating like a publisher, not a platform.

I've already explained this to you at least 1000 times.

Facebook has no competitors, moron.

To some extent. However, I don't have a problem with it since Facebook is nothing more than a propaganda organ now, and it's a monopoly.
Ah, so you’re okay with violating the constitution as long as it supports your politicians?

Of course it's a government protected monopoly. That's irrefutable. Rule 230 is a federal regulation that protects it, and it's clearly a monopoly. It's far more of a monopoly than Standard Oil ever was.
Section 230 applies to every other website too. Hard to say government protects a monopoly when it extends that protection to literally every one of their competitors.

Speaking of section 230, this law attempts to break it, however the supremacy clause would prevent that.

It doesn't apply to publishers. It claims to apply only to "platforms." Facebook is operating like a publisher, not a platform.

It applies to every website, moron.

I suggest you go make a competitor to Facebook and stop bitching. Your shitty website would enjoy the EXACT same protections as Facebook.

I love this solution. It won't matter if Blue states don't follow suit. All the red state lawsuits will bankrupt the Big tech companies.

Solution 1: disney buy one share each of Amazon, MSFT, Google, FB, Twitter. The law is now rendered powerless because theme parks are excluded from the law.

Solution 2: Wait till 2 weeks before election and each of the platforms above block all traffic to and from Florida effectively shutting down the public internet in Florida. See how may elections the GOP wins when they're responsible for everyone in Florida losing their internet.

Geez. Wouldn't it be nice if the GOP could think beyond the next grift?

You posted two really stupid tactics.
  1. Buying a share of stock doesn't change the nature of the the type industry a company operates in, shit for brains.
  2. Who is going to block the internet to Florida, especially without violating their service contracts?

1. READ THE LAW DUMBASS. "Owners" of theme parks is excluded. 1 share = ownershp.
2. Ship out a new TOS wherein locales threatening these types of actions are no longer serviced.

Done and done.
Another Tiny Brained "conservative" pounding his chest and tossing his poop, after thoroughly tasting same, without bothering to thing beyond the taste of his thrown poop.

I love this solution. It won't matter if Blue states don't follow suit. All the red state lawsuits will bankrupt the Big tech companies.

JUST IN - Florida Gov. DeSantis has just signed a bill into law that would allow everyday Floridians to sue Big Tech Platforms for monetary damages.
Is Florida going to cover their legal bills when they lose?
We have plenty of lawyers down here in Florida, and no one has to pay unless those lawyers win the case....Just like the big case with Tobacco quite a few years ago, you can bet those hungry lawyers are getting ready for a very big pay day....

At Morgan & Morgan, we believe everyone is entitled to quality legal representation regardless of how much money they make. Our attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis — we dont get paid unless you win — so that you can afford to hire an excellent attorney to protect your interests.

Frequently Asked Questions | Morgan & Morgan Law Firm

View attachment 493074
www.forthepeople.com/faq/general/
You think the EXTREMELY liberal John Morgan is going to take any of this crap on contingency?

Loser cases each and every one.

No responsible and respectable lawyer is going to take these "cases" on contingency. Of course that does leave those great Trump election lawyers. They won lots of those cases didn't they?
Morgan and Morgan takes anything that they can make money off of-----------anything and everything. Their specialty is harassment lawsuits and they love themselves a class action like this.
Class Action?
BWAHAHAHAHA
I won't get into the stupidity of that.
But I will repeat that NO ATTORNEY will take this on contingency.
It is a dead loser and the losing side will be on the hook for millions in attorney's fees and cost.

But, of course, this crap will never see the light of day.
Any business law student could act as SCOTUS on this.

JUST IN - Florida Gov. DeSantis has just signed a bill into law that would allow everyday Floridians to sue Big Tech Platforms for monetary damages.
Is Florida going to cover their legal bills when they lose?
We have plenty of lawyers down here in Florida, and no one has to pay unless those lawyers win the case....Just like the big case with Tobacco quite a few years ago, you can bet those hungry lawyers are getting ready for a very big pay day....

At Morgan & Morgan, we believe everyone is entitled to quality legal representation regardless of how much money they make. Our attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis — we dont get paid unless you win — so that you can afford to hire an excellent attorney to protect your interests.

Frequently Asked Questions | Morgan & Morgan Law Firm

View attachment 493074
www.forthepeople.com/faq/general/
You think the EXTREMELY liberal John Morgan is going to take any of this crap on contingency?

Loser cases each and every one.

No responsible and respectable lawyer is going to take these "cases" on contingency. Of course that does leave those great Trump election lawyers. They won lots of those cases didn't they?
Sure they will, once somebody wins one. Then the flood gates will open. Bye Bye Facebook.
Riiiight.
This stinking pile never makes it past the first legal test.
Bank it!

It applies to every website, moron.

I suggest you go make a competitor to Facebook and stop bitching. Your shitty website would enjoy the EXACT same protections as Facebook.
Only websites that claim to be a platform, moron

You call everything that doesn't suck up the maga propaganda.

Try a new stick.
Why should I have a problem with it when you don't have a problem with government protected monopolies and censorship?

Nazi liberals are going to hate this

This is a joke.. DeSantis is playing for a headline.
Nope. He just stuck a dagger into the belly of the big tech monster.

You ready to sue US Message Board if they kick you off?
Facebook is not US Message Board.

They are the same type of entity. US Message Board can ban a user or take down a post that violates the terms of the agreement. Facebook can do the same thing.

You obviously haven't read the law. No worries, I expected no more. Democrats never research what you are saying, you just make it up

It will be declared unconstitutional. Social media has free speech rights as well.Try reading the Constitution.

The big tech companies are not basecd in Florida. They cannot enforce it across state lines. It is meaningless.

They do business in Florida. Leftists just constantly make shit up

The tech companies are not based in Florida. They are not subject to Florida laws.

LOL, making up your shit again.

DOING BUSINESS in a state subjects you to it's laws, not just being based there.

You are yet again just completely full of shit

Where a company is based matters. They would have to sue in federal court. It will then be declared unconstitutional.

The big tech companies are not basecd in Florida. They cannot enforce it across state lines. It is meaningless.

Another conservative who's a constitutional illiterate.

Another fascist Democrat who ignores the Constitution until it serves you.

I actually agree that the Constitutionality of the law is dubious. But wow, your hypocrisy compared to the left silencing free speech just REEKS

Republicans are the ones silencing free speech.

Proof of the authoritarian right’s contempt for the First Amendment.

More government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty – it’s the conservative way.

This is only taking away government shields from liability.

This is less government.

This is not government giving big tech a reach around like they've been doing.

This action would be like government protecting big Pharma from lawsuits, then deciding to not shield them anymore.

I actually agree that the Constitutionality of the law is dubious. But wow, your hypocrisy compared to the left silencing free speech just REEKS

Republicans are the ones silencing free speech.

this is not a Republican or Democrat thing.

Why should big tech get a government liability shield? What interest does that serve?

Big tech fucked up. Big tech should not have been playing the games they were playing. Now they get no liability protection.

I'll be sure to work up some tears and snot on behalf of big tech and their loss of government protection. How sad.

You are free to speak and nobody owes you an audience, venue or platform.

Yes they do. Facebook and youTube made certain promises to it's vendors. They can't later renege on those promises without paying a price.

They are free to say or not say whatever they like. Their customers are free to sue them, just like any other publication.

They do business in Florida. Leftists just constantly make shit up

The tech companies are not based in Florida. They are not subject to Florida laws.

LOL, making up your shit again.

DOING BUSINESS in a state subjects you to it's laws, not just being based there.

You are yet again just completely full of shit

Where a company is based matters. They would have to sue in federal court. It will then be declared unconstitutional.

Where a company operates matters you dumb fuck. You need to go back to law school.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Nazi liberals are going to hate this

This is a joke.. DeSantis is playing for a headline.
Nope. He just stuck a dagger into the belly of the big tech monster.

You ready to sue US Message Board if they kick you off?
Facebook is not US Message Board.

They are the same type of entity. US Message Board can ban a user or take down a post that violates the terms of the agreement. Facebook can do the same thing.

You obviously haven't read the law. No worries, I expected no more. Democrats never research what you are saying, you just make it up

It will be declared unconstitutional. Social media has free speech rights as well.Try reading the Constitution.
Back to law school

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back