Florida Gov. DeSantis Has Just Signed A Bill Into Law That Would Allow Everyday Floridians To Sue Big Tech Platforms For Monetary Damages

All Constitutional rights have limits Everyone should know that. But conservatives seem to have this opinion that they can say anything they want, anytime they want, and anywhere they want. They're wrong.

Now when it comes to platforms like Facebook, the rules are clearly stated, and to join, a person has to agree to the terms and conditions. Most people don't have a problem coloring within the lines. But just like on this forum, conservatives like to needlessly hurl rhetorical bombs, and make ad hominem insults, and levy personal attacks based on race or gender or some other perceived status of a poster.

Then they get booted and then they start complaining that they've been discriminated against and that their freedom of speech has somehow been unduly infringed upon.

The next thing you know, conservatives want to pass laws that violate the very constitution which they claim to revere.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat!

You're just so full of shit. How do you stand the smell?
Thanks for proving my point for me.

Of course, everything proves your point to a leftist. We can't not prove your point. You believe whatever Democrats tell you to believe. It's not possible to show you how totally you're programmed
Yeah, I mention ad hominem attacks in passing, and what do you do in your very next post. Level a personal insult, of course.

You guys are SO predictable.

BTW, I'm not a Democrat. I've never been a Democrat.
Your belief that you don't do ad hominems couldn't be more absurd.

I spent decades trying to get leftists to explain leftism to me. I thought there must be some system that I could grasp if I only understood the rules, what they were looking for. Eventually I realized they were just fascists and wanted their way no matter what it took to get it.

At some point I snapped and started treating hate filled Democrats like Mustang back what they dish out, nothing but attacks. Until they stop, there will be no discussion. I'm sick of their hate shit

Nazi liberals are going to hate this

This is a joke.. DeSantis is playing for a headline.
Nope. He just stuck a dagger into the belly of the big tech monster.

You ready to sue US Message Board if they kick you off?
Facebook is not US Message Board.

They are the same type of entity. US Message Board can ban a user or take down a post that violates the terms of the agreement. Facebook can do the same thing.

You obviously haven't read the law. No worries, I expected no more. Democrats never research what you are saying, you just make it up

It will be declared unconstitutional. Social media has free speech rights as well.Try reading the Constitution.

What a moron, read the discussion when you are commenting on it, ditzy chick

I love this solution. It won't matter if Blue states don't follow suit. All the red state lawsuits will bankrupt the Big tech companies.

The big tech companies are not basecd in Florida. They cannot enforce it across state lines. It is meaningless.

They do business in Florida. Leftists just constantly make shit up

The tech companies are not based in Florida. They are not subject to Florida laws.

LOL, making up your shit again.

DOING BUSINESS in a state subjects you to it's laws, not just being based there.

You are yet again just completely full of shit

Where a company is based matters. They would have to sue in federal court. It will then be declared unconstitutional.

You don't know what you are talking about, you just don't. You certainly broadcast that fact

All Constitutional rights have limits Everyone should know that. But conservatives seem to have this opinion that they can say anything they want, anytime they want, and anywhere they want. They're wrong.

Now when it comes to platforms like Facebook, the rules are clearly stated, and to join, a person has to agree to the terms and conditions. Most people don't have a problem coloring within the lines. But just like on this forum, conservatives like to needlessly hurl rhetorical bombs, and make ad hominem insults, and levy personal attacks based on race or gender or some other perceived status of a poster.

Then they get booted and then they start complaining that they've been discriminated against and that their freedom of speech has somehow been unduly infringed upon.

The next thing you know, conservatives want to pass laws that violate the very constitution which they claim to revere.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat!

You're just so full of shit. How do you stand the smell?
Thanks for proving my point for me.

Of course, everything proves your point to a leftist. We can't not prove your point. You believe whatever Democrats tell you to believe. It's not possible to show you how totally you're programmed
Yeah, I mention ad hominem attacks in passing, and what do you do in your very next post. Level a personal insult, of course.

You guys are SO predictable.

BTW, I'm not a Democrat. I've never been a Democrat.
Your belief that you don't do ad hominems couldn't be more absurd.

I spent decades trying to get leftists to explain leftism to me. I thought there must be some system that I could grasp if I only understood the rules, what they were looking for. Eventually I realized they were just fascists and wanted their way no matter what it took to get it.

At some point I snapped and started treating hate filled Democrats like Mustang back what they dish out, nothing but attacks. Until they stop, there will be no discussion. I'm sick of their hate shit
I went through the same process.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I love this solution. It won't matter if Blue states don't follow suit. All the red state lawsuits will bankrupt the Big tech companies.

The big tech companies are not basecd in Florida. They cannot enforce it across state lines. It is meaningless.

Another conservative who's a constitutional illiterate.

Another fascist Democrat who ignores the Constitution until it serves you.

I actually agree that the Constitutionality of the law is dubious. But wow, your hypocrisy compared to the left silencing free speech just REEKS

Republicans are the ones silencing free speech.

Great, so you'll take my challenge that all the other leftists have turned down. Go into a major US city wearing a MAGA hat and spend the day shopping and dining. Since the problem is Republicans, you'll be perfectly fine. Trust me. Do it and report back

They do business in Florida. Leftists just constantly make shit up

The tech companies are not based in Florida. They are not subject to Florida laws.

LOL, making up your shit again.

DOING BUSINESS in a state subjects you to it's laws, not just being based there.

You are yet again just completely full of shit

Where a company is based matters. They would have to sue in federal court. It will then be declared unconstitutional.

Where a company operates matters you dumb fuck. You need to go back to law school.

Yep, it's confusing. There are States you are based in, States you have physical assets and States you do business in. You need lawyers and CPAs to figure all that shit out. BusyBody is just full of shit when she says it only matters where you are based, that's just wrong

Nazi liberals are going to hate this

This is a joke.. DeSantis is playing for a headline.
Nope. He just stuck a dagger into the belly of the big tech monster.

You ready to sue US Message Board if they kick you off?
Facebook is not US Message Board.

They are the same type of entity. US Message Board can ban a user or take down a post that violates the terms of the agreement. Facebook can do the same thing.

You obviously haven't read the law. No worries, I expected no more. Democrats never research what you are saying, you just make it up

It will be declared unconstitutional. Social media has free speech rights as well.Try reading the Constitution.
Back to law school

With BusyBody isn't more back to the Home for Retards, but same idea

If I was big tech I would stop doing business in an unfriendly business state.

California?

Did they pass a bill which regulates business that way?

Who cares if they did?

Why is desantis telling business what it can or can’t do?

I actually agree that the Constitutionality of the law is dubious. But wow, your hypocrisy compared to the left silencing free speech just REEKS

Great, so you'll take my challenge that all the other leftists have turned down. Go into a major US city wearing a MAGA hat and spend the day shopping and dining. Since the problem is Republicans, you'll be perfectly fine. Trust me. Do it and report back

how about standing in white America with a BLM MESSAGE?

California?

Who cares if they did?

What is "white America?" What does that even mean?

California?

Who cares if they did?

This theory has already been tested. Nothing happened.

California?

Who cares if they did?

What is "white America?" What does that even mean?

Literally what it means.

California?

Who cares if they did?

This theory has already been tested. Nothing happened.

Forum List

Back