Florida Gov. DeSantis Has Just Signed A Bill Into Law That Would Allow Everyday Floridians To Sue Big Tech Platforms For Monetary Damages

I love this solution. It won't matter if Blue states don't follow suit. All the red state lawsuits will bankrupt the Big tech companies.

The big tech companies are not basecd in Florida. They cannot enforce it across state lines. It is meaningless.

Has nothing to do with state lines, it’s blatantly unconstitutional.

It is just as unconstitutional as New York passing a law saying Fox News has to broadcast two hours of Andrew Yang talking to voters at delis.

The law attempts to compel a private company to propagate speech it doesn’t want to.

No it isn't, moron. Facebook can publish whatever it lies, and just like Fox News it can be sued for what publishes.

I love this solution. It won't matter if Blue states don't follow suit. All the red state lawsuits will bankrupt the Big tech companies.

The big tech companies are not basecd in Florida. They cannot enforce it across state lines. It is meaningless.

They have a presence in Florida, which means they can be sued in Florida.

You really don't know a damn thing about the US Constitution if you think that states can decide to ignore federal laws.

Article VI

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

So does Federal Law allow people to sell Marijuana in Colorado?

Another conservative who's a constitutional illiterate.

Another fascist Democrat who ignores the Constitution until it serves you.

I actually agree that the Constitutionality of the law is dubious. But wow, your hypocrisy compared to the left silencing free speech just REEKS

All Constitutional rights have limits Everyone should know that. But conservatives seem to have this opinion that they can say anything they want, anytime they want, and anywhere they want. They're wrong.

Wrong. So long as they dont violate laws on slander, they can say whatever they want. That's what the First Amendment means, you Stalinist ignoramus.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

I actually agree that the Constitutionality of the law is dubious. But wow, your hypocrisy compared to the left silencing free speech just REEKS

You are free to speak and nobody owes you an audience, venue or platform.

Yes they do. Facebook and youTube made certain promises to it's vendors. They can't later renege on those promises without paying a price.

JUST IN - Florida Gov. DeSantis has just signed a bill into law that would allow everyday Floridians to sue Big Tech Platforms for monetary damages.
Is Florida going to cover their legal bills when they lose?
Nope. So what? There are tens of thousands of people out there with valid cases against Facebook, Twitter and youTube. Steven Crowder is suing them right now.

They have no legitimate cases. There are no rights to free speech by a private company.
You might want to review Citizens United.
How does that apply?

All Constitutional rights have limits Everyone should know that. But conservatives seem to have this opinion that they can say anything they want, anytime they want, and anywhere they want. They're wrong.

Now when it comes to platforms like Facebook, the rules are clearly stated, and to join, a person has to agree to the terms and conditions. Most people don't have a problem coloring within the lines. But just like on this forum, conservatives like to needlessly hurl rhetorical bombs, and make ad hominem insults, and levy personal attacks based on race or gender or some other perceived status of a poster.

Then they get booted and then they start complaining that they've been discriminated against and that their freedom of speech has somehow been unduly infringed upon.

The next thing you know, conservatives want to pass laws that violate the very constitution which they claim to revere.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat!

You are confused about this.

What you just said was that if you don't like doing business with a monopoly then quit. I don't think very many Americans support the idea of giving monopolies carte blanche to discriminate based upon political leanings.

These stupid tech companies have near monopolies and people have used them for their livelihood. If they feel they being treated unfairly they should be able to sue.

That is different from say somebody like me getting kicked off Facebook or Twitter or whatever because I piss off the stupid Liberals running the organization by giving the facts on how Joe Dufus stole the election. I suffer no real monetary loss and couldn't sue.

By the way, there are Conservatives that don't like the law because it can work both ways. The filthy Libtards could sue if they had monetary losses from being kicked off Conservative media.

You need to go check your Handbook For Stupid Liberals. I think that you Liberals are always bitching about having a level playing field so there is probably a rule for that in the handbook. This law helps promote a fair level playing field. You should support it if you really believe all that equality shit you Moon Bats say you support.

If you use Odysee, you'll find liberals all over the place. It's truly nauseating.

Now when it comes to platforms like Facebook, the rules are clearly stated, and to join, a person has to agree to the terms and conditions. Most people don't have a problem coloring within the lines. But just like on this forum, conservatives like to needlessly hurl rhetorical bombs, and make ad hominem insults, and levy personal attacks based on race or gender or some other perceived status of a poster.

Then they get booted and then they start complaining that they've been discriminated against and that their freedom of speech has somehow been unduly infringed upon.

The next thing you know, conservatives want to pass laws that violate the very constitution which they claim to revere.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat!

"All rights have limits . . . if they belong to conservatives. It's outrageous that they think they're allowed the same freedoms we are!"

"Facebook is being completely fair and impartial and moral!! I KNOW they are, because they're doing what I want, and they TOLD me they were!! How dare you contradict my beloved masters!!"\

"You deserve to be silenced, because you refuse to follow orders and think what we're told to!!"

Just curious: Was it the lobotomy or the castration that made you such a puling little lackey?

Why is it that you guys always sound like people immersed in self-pity and victimhood with a persecution complex on top of it all? It's weird because it's just so damn common place among conservatives.

Because leftwingers are always trying to fuck us up the ass.

• Funny
Reactions: kaz

JUST IN - Florida Gov. DeSantis has just signed a bill into law that would allow everyday Floridians to sue Big Tech Platforms for monetary damages.
Is Florida going to cover their legal bills when they lose?
Nope. So what? There are tens of thousands of people out there with valid cases against Facebook, Twitter and youTube. Steven Crowder is suing them right now.
Like the fraudit in Arizona, this is more bad-faith political theater from the right.

The law is prima facie un-Constitutional – a clear violation of the right to a free press and the right to freedom of association.

Not that authoritarian conservatives care about the Constitution, of course.
Nope. How is it unconstitutional? If it's legal to sue CNN, then why isn't it legal to sue Facebook?

Proof of the authoritarian right’s contempt for the First Amendment.

More government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty – it’s the conservative way.

ROFL! You just posted more proof of you idiocy. You pretense that you're against it because it's "big government" would be more absurd.

This law will make it easier for an employee to sue the employer. That's a positive thing. Hit em in the pocketbook.

Solution 1: disney buy one share each of Amazon, MSFT, Google, FB, Twitter. The law is now rendered powerless because theme parks are excluded from the law.

Solution 2: Wait till 2 weeks before election and each of the platforms above block all traffic to and from Florida effectively shutting down the public internet in Florida. See how may elections the GOP wins when they're responsible for everyone in Florida losing their internet.

Geez. Wouldn't it be nice if the GOP could think beyond the next grift?

Forum List

Back