Florida Gov. DeSantis Has Just Signed A Bill Into Law That Would Allow Everyday Floridians To Sue Big Tech Platforms For Monetary Damages

I love this solution. It won't matter if Blue states don't follow suit. All the red state lawsuits will bankrupt the Big tech companies.

The big tech companies are not basecd in Florida. They cannot enforce it across state lines. It is meaningless.

Another conservative who's a constitutional illiterate.

Another fascist Democrat who ignores the Constitution until it serves you.

I actually agree that the Constitutionality of the law is dubious. But wow, your hypocrisy compared to the left silencing free speech just REEKS

All Constitutional rights have limits Everyone should know that. But conservatives seem to have this opinion that they can say anything they want, anytime they want, and anywhere they want. They're wrong.

Now when it comes to platforms like Facebook, the rules are clearly stated, and to join, a person has to agree to the terms and conditions. Most people don't have a problem coloring within the lines. But just like on this forum, conservatives like to needlessly hurl rhetorical bombs, and make ad hominem insults, and levy personal attacks based on race or gender or some other perceived status of a poster.

Then they get booted and then they start complaining that they've been discriminated against and that their freedom of speech has somehow been unduly infringed upon.

The next thing you know, conservatives want to pass laws that violate the very constitution which they claim to revere.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat!

You're just so full of shit. How do you stand the smell?

Thanks for proving my point for me.

Of course, everything proves your point to a leftist. We can't not prove your point. You believe whatever Democrats tell you to believe. It's not possible to show you how totally you're programmed

I love this solution. It won't matter if Blue states don't follow suit. All the red state lawsuits will bankrupt the Big tech companies.

The big tech companies are not basecd in Florida. They cannot enforce it across state lines. It is meaningless.

I actually agree that the Constitutionality of the law is dubious. But wow, your hypocrisy compared to the left silencing free speech just REEKS

All Constitutional rights have limits Everyone should know that. But conservatives seem to have this opinion that they can say anything they want, anytime they want, and anywhere they want. They're wrong.

Now when it comes to platforms like Facebook, the rules are clearly stated, and to join, a person has to agree to the terms and conditions. Most people don't have a problem coloring within the lines. But just like on this forum, conservatives like to needlessly hurl rhetorical bombs, and make ad hominem insults, and levy personal attacks based on race or gender or some other perceived status of a poster.

Then they get booted and then they start complaining that they've been discriminated against and that their freedom of speech has somehow been unduly infringed upon.

The next thing you know, conservatives want to pass laws that violate the very constitution which they claim to revere.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat!

i have no problem with facebook et al having service terms. The issue is the Govt provided immunity from liability. Fl took it away...good for them. They shouldn’t be above the law

Bingo, that's the issue.

I don't know if the law will stand as written, but clearly Facebook and the other major social media companies are NOT platforms, they are service providers. Iran regularly posts death to Jews, Maxine Waters threatened a jury and no suspension. They don't uniformly execute their terms of service. Fine, but then they are a content provider and not entitled to immunity

Wash, Rinse, Repeat!

You are confused about this.

What you just said was that if you don't like doing business with a monopoly then quit. I don't think very many Americans support the idea of giving monopolies carte blanche to discriminate based upon political leanings.

These stupid tech companies have near monopolies and people have used them for their livelihood. If they feel they being treated unfairly they should be able to sue.

That is different from say somebody like me getting kicked off Facebook or Twitter or whatever because I piss off the stupid Liberals running the organization by giving the facts on how Joe Dufus stole the election. I suffer no real monetary loss and couldn't sue.

By the way, there are Conservatives that don't like the law because it can work both ways. The filthy Libtards could sue if they had monetary losses from being kicked off Conservative media.

You need to go check your Handbook For Stupid Liberals. I think that you Liberals are always bitching about having a level playing field so there is probably a rule for that in the handbook. This law helps promote a fair level playing field. You should support it if you really believe all that equality shit you Moon Bats say you support.

Last edited:

Wash, Rinse, Repeat!

Of course, everything proves your point to a leftist. We can't not prove your point. You believe whatever Democrats tell you to believe. It's not possible to show you how totally you're programmed

Yeah, I mention ad hominem attacks in passing, and what do you do in your very next post. Level a personal insult, of course.

You guys are SO predictable.

BTW, I'm not a Democrat. I've never been a Democrat.

They do business in Florida. Leftists just constantly make shit up

The tech companies are not based in Florida. They are not subject to Florida laws.

LOL, making up your shit again.

DOING BUSINESS in a state subjects you to it's laws, not just being based there.

You are yet again just completely full of shit

My company is based in California. We do business in most of the states in America. As the person responsible for Arizona, Nevada, Utah, and New Mexico, it's certainly news to me that we're not subject to the laws of the states we're not based in. Guess I've been wasting a lot of work time, learning the specific laws for each state. Silly me.

Unfortunately these Big Tech companies have got so big and become an everyday part of American life that they have to be held accountable for being shitheads.

Get Congress to update the laws.

Good luck.

We can do it here in Florida by ourselves, thank you very much.

These filthy ass companies can be Nazis elsewhere.

Good luck.

Wouldn't it be funny if they just quit doing business in Florida?

I was thinking the same thing. Why bother with Trump and Florida at all.

Maybe because almost 22 million people live there? There are a lot of businesses there that advertise on Facebook or use it to do business in other ways?

It's like you can't grasp any concept that isn't, "My political views make me good, and other views mean you're bad!" Grow up.

Well, then these businesses need to deal with Trump and Desantis because I'd just as soon Facebook quit Florida.
That's a good idea. What other huge populations can we get Facebook to quit?

Texas?

The tech companies are not based in Florida. They are not subject to Florida laws.

You need to go back to law school.

Nazi liberals are going to hate this

This is a joke.. DeSantis is playing for a headline.
Nope. He just stuck a dagger into the belly of the big tech monster.

You ready to sue US Message Board if they kick you off?
Facebook is not US Message Board.

Same rules.. This board is privately owned just like facebook. DeSantis is too stupid for words.

And if this board started enforcing its rules selectively, based on the personal political opinions of its owners/employees, then it would be just as liable.

But it would be far less important, because there are lots of political message boards, and none of them have much of a size or reach. Tell us more about how you think this penny-ante message board is no different from Facebook, you're totally bewildered that we could think they weren't comparable.

Well, Trump ought to fnd some penny ante message board for his groupies.

Well, you ought to learn to live with not being able to ghetto-ize anyone who might challenge your viewpoint. It just broadcasts to the world that you can't defend it.

You are free to speak and nobody owes you an audience, venue or platform.

You are free to speak, and nobody owes you a lack of challenge to your nonsense.

You know how we can tell that everything you "think" is utter bullshit? The fact that WE would never dream of silencing YOU.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat!

"All rights have limits . . . if they belong to conservatives. It's outrageous that they think they're allowed the same freedoms we are!"

"Facebook is being completely fair and impartial and moral!! I KNOW they are, because they're doing what I want, and they TOLD me they were!! How dare you contradict my beloved masters!!"\

"You deserve to be silenced, because you refuse to follow orders and think what we're told to!!"

Just curious: Was it the lobotomy or the castration that made you such a puling little lackey?

Wash, Rinse, Repeat!

Yeah, I mention ad hominem attacks in passing, and what do you do in your very next post. Level a personal insult, of course.

You're not a Democrat, OMG that's funny. Lie, lie, lie, that's all you do, just like every other Democrat

Wash, Rinse, Repeat!

"See?! Look how you're refusing to praise the wisdom of our decreed beliefs!!"

DOING BUSINESS in a state subjects you to it's laws, not just being based there.

My company is based in California. We do business in most of the states in America. As the person responsible for Arizona, Nevada, Utah, and New Mexico, it's certainly news to me that we're not subject to the laws of the states we're not based in. Guess I've been wasting a lot of work time, learning the specific laws for each state. Silly me.

Yep. My business didn't do business in every State before I sold it, but we did in many. That was a decision we had to make before adding customers in any State, if we wanted to do business in that State or not. The answer was dependent on the laws of the State and the potential for growth there.

Busybody is full of shit, she doesn't know what she's talking about

Proof of the authoritarian right’s contempt for the First Amendment.

More government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty – it’s the conservative way.

Proof of the authoritarian right’s contempt for the First Amendment.

More government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty – it’s the conservative way.

i’m the first amendment doesn’t protect you from liability per se

actually it’s less govt, it removes the Govt immunity and allows the companies to be sued just like everyone else

JUST IN - Florida Gov. DeSantis has just signed a bill into law that would allow everyday Floridians to sue Big Tech Platforms for monetary damages.
Is Florida going to cover their legal bills when they lose?
Nope. So what? There are tens of thousands of people out there with valid cases against Facebook, Twitter and youTube. Steven Crowder is suing them right now.
Like the fraudit in Arizona, this is more bad-faith political theater from the right.

The law is prima facie un-Constitutional – a clear violation of the right to a free press and the right to freedom of association.

Not that authoritarian conservatives care about the Constitution, of course.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat!

You're not a Democrat, OMG that's funny. Lie, lie, lie, that's all you do, just like every other Democrat

If it waddles like a duck, and swims like a duck, it can quack at me that it's a goose until its beak falls off. It's still a duck.

Yep. My business didn't do business in every State before I sold it, but we did in many. That was a decision we had to make before adding customers in any State, if we wanted to do business in that State or not. The answer was dependent on the laws of the State and the potential for growth there.

Busybody is full of shit, she doesn't know what she's talking about

Every time we expand into a new state, our lawyers have to figure out and issue whole reams of instructions to management, the database programmers, department heads, Human Resources, the whole shebang. And that's before they write up new training for whichever rank-and-file people are going to handle the new state.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat!

"All rights have limits . . . if they belong to conservatives. It's outrageous that they think they're allowed the same freedoms we are!"

"Facebook is being completely fair and impartial and moral!! I KNOW they are, because they're doing what I want, and they TOLD me they were!! How dare you contradict my beloved masters!!"\

"You deserve to be silenced, because you refuse to follow orders and think what we're told to!!"

Just curious: Was it the lobotomy or the castration that made you such a puling little lackey?

Why is it that you guys always sound like people immersed in self-pity and victimhood with a persecution complex on top of it all? It's weird because it's just so damn common place among conservatives.

Forum List

Back