Florida Gov Signs Law Requiring Students, Faculty To Have Political Beliefs Surveyed

What does forcing people to reveal their political ideologies so they can be monitored by the government for "undesirable" behavior like term papers and debate classes have to do with diversity?

Man. Is there any actual Conservative ideal that you tiny minded morons still follow?
Actually it is the schools who are being monitored, to make sure they are not discriminating against certain political beliefs.
So you're saying you want the government to force colleges and universities to indoctrinate students in the favored ideology?
That's what you want, turd.
If these surveys are used to target individual state employees based on their politics then they can take it to court. If, OTOH, the surveys truly are anonymous and we see a very large disparity between the political beliefs of students and their professors it will establish a benchmark for students to use to stand up against a tenured prof who fails them or guts their grade without being able to justify it. Anyone who has a problem with THAT is a firkin' political shill and they can GFT
So you ARE going to use the data to use the data, that is supposed to be anonymous, to target Professors with whom you politically disagree.

How ABSOLUTELY Fascist of you.
who said and why is it suppose to be anonymous? moreover why can’t it still be?

i take govt surveys all the time and don’t have to give my name
It should be anonymous. The goal is to expose if the school faculty and students are lopsidedly espousing one set of ideas. Just like with skin color, minority views need to be explored in school as well. That's the place for that to happen.

I'm 74, and I was never taught anything in school about racism or the Native American holocaust. Republicans want to continue to sweep it all under the rug. Just a big whitewash of American history - and present reality.
Why would you want to be taught racism?

I had to learn it on the playground during recess - instead of in the classroom in a structured environment.
Where were your parents during this process? Shouldn't they have filled you in on this shocking gap in your education?

They were busy trying to make a living. I'm placing you on permanent ignore. Bye...

I'm 74, and I was never taught anything in school about racism or the Native American holocaust. Republicans want to continue to sweep it all under the rug. Just a big whitewash of American history - and present reality.

I had to learn it on the playground during recess - instead of in the classroom in a structured environment.
Where were your parents during this process? Shouldn't they have filled you in on this shocking gap in your education?

They were busy trying to make a living. I'm placing you on permanent ignore. Bye...
why didn’t you bother walking outside? your old enough to of actually seen how the dems jim crow laws and terrorist brownshirts in the klan oppressed minorities.

or did you just ignore what your party did then you?

I am 77 years old. I have always believed in the First Amendment. College and universities have always advocated for freedom of speech, until lately. Leftists have taken control. They do not allow anyone who disagrees with their leftist ideology to speak out. This should be a red flag to any freedom-loving American.

why didn’t you bother walking outside? your old enough to of actually seen how the dems jim crow laws and terrorist brownshirts in the klan oppressed minorities.

I was raised on a remote farm. Placing you on permanent ignore. Bye...

That is a typical leftist response.

That is a typical leftist response.

No soup for you. Bye...

this explains a lot

this explains a lot
It takes a special kind of something or other to start a thread on a topic, then put on ignore anyone who says anything contrary to the accepted dogma. Must be why the OP was upset about the survey. Only dogma blessed by the orthodoxy must be heard.

this explains a lot
It takes a special kind of something or other to start a thread on a topic, then put on ignore anyone who says anything contrary to the accepted dogma. Must be why the OP was upset about the survey. Only dogma blessed by the orthodoxy must be heard.

this explains a lot

I have low tolerance for keyboard trolls. Bye...

View attachment 505165

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) suggested that the state’s public universities and colleges may face financial repercussions depending on the survey results.

Florida’s governor has signed legislation that will require public colleges and universities to annually survey their students and staff about their beliefs and viewpoints in order to support “intellectual diversity,” while hinting that the schools could face financial penalties depending on the survey results.

The goal of House Bill 233, which was signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Tuesday, is “to ensure” that students are presented “diverse idea and opinion, including those that they may disagree with or find uncomfortable,” according to its language.

DeSantis said the state’s institutes of higher learning have largely become “intellectually repressive environments” and that these surveys will help to change that.

This new law, which goes into effect on July 1, follows DeSantis earlier this month banning K-12 public schools from featuring specific lessons and discussions related to racism. These include educational lessons and discussions on the concept of critical race theory, which examines systemic racism in American institutions and policies, as well as on “The 1619 Project,” which is a New York Times initiative that reexamines the legacy of slavery in the United States.

Texas
also last month passed a bill that effectively bans public school teachers from talking about racism, white supremacy or current news events.

"Have political beliefs surveyed"? Sounds like a slippery slope to me! In fact - it sounds racist to me - and autocratic! We need smarter students - not dumber students! What do you think?
Finally...a Republican with a ballsack...he knows you must fight fire with fire. Love this guy

DeSantis is becoming very autocratic and dictatorial. The DOJ needs to tune him up.
haha by signing a law passed by the Fl State House

Do you think the state should require that you survey and declare your political stance?
i have no problem with the state conducting a survey of any kind.

they conduct them all the time...in particular of their employees

i also have no problem with the state conducting a survey to see how diverse their institutions are, in particular education, to ensure different views are represented.

why does it bother you to have schools with diverse views?

DeSantis is becoming very autocratic and dictatorial. The DOJ needs to tune him up.

Do you think the state should require that you survey and declare your political stance?

i also have no problem with the state conducting a survey to see how diverse their institutions are, in particular education, to ensure different views are represented.

Is the survey anonymous?

This recent manifestation of rightwing authoritarianism is both reprehensible and wrong – it seeks to compel conformity and punish dissent.

Forum List

Back