Florida Gov Signs Law Requiring Students, Faculty To Have Political Beliefs Surveyed

DeSantis is becoming very autocratic and dictatorial. The DOJ needs to tune him up.
haha by signing a law passed by the Fl State House

Do you think the state should require that you survey and declare your political stance?
i have no problem with the state conducting a survey of any kind.

they conduct them all the time...in particular of their employees

i also have no problem with the state conducting a survey to see how diverse their institutions are, in particular education, to ensure different views are represented.

why does it bother you to have schools with diverse views?

Is the survey anonymous?
totally up to me if i put any identification

like this one if florida

so do tell, why are you so scared about what this study might find?
It is more concern with what they plan to do with that info don't you think? McCarthyism all over again.
the govt collects all sorts of data all the time. but let me know when the House starts calling people into hearings and collects testimony behind close doors and starts leaking bits and piece and throwing out accusations...wait we saw that djdnt we? adam shifty! snd when caught, said it was parody
I do not think they are allowed to collect ideological data on employees and use it against them.
me too. who says they are?

i do think they are allowed to ensure their schools are diverse though

View attachment 505165

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) suggested that the state’s public universities and colleges may face financial repercussions depending on the survey results.

Florida’s governor has signed legislation that will require public colleges and universities to annually survey their students and staff about their beliefs and viewpoints in order to support “intellectual diversity,” while hinting that the schools could face financial penalties depending on the survey results.

The goal of House Bill 233, which was signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Tuesday, is “to ensure” that students are presented “diverse idea and opinion, including those that they may disagree with or find uncomfortable,” according to its language.

DeSantis said the state’s institutes of higher learning have largely become “intellectually repressive environments” and that these surveys will help to change that.

This new law, which goes into effect on July 1, follows DeSantis earlier this month banning K-12 public schools from featuring specific lessons and discussions related to racism. These include educational lessons and discussions on the concept of critical race theory, which examines systemic racism in American institutions and policies, as well as on “The 1619 Project,” which is a New York Times initiative that reexamines the legacy of slavery in the United States.

Texas
also last month passed a bill that effectively bans public school teachers from talking about racism, white supremacy or current news events.

"Have political beliefs surveyed"? Sounds like a slippery slope to me! In fact - it sounds racist to me - and autocratic! We need smarter students - not dumber students! What do you think?
Very bad idea. Once again, we see Repubublicans using their legislative power to not powers to not only silence free speech but punish people for their beliefs. Wow.

This is not a private business. It is the government creating laws to promote ideological indoctrination.
Teachers who try to brainwash American children against the wishes of their parents deserve to be canned.

Our schools are already brainwashing students. The government universities are pumping out an endless supply of woke leftwing teachers. The left doesn't need any laws to ram their ideas down the throats of our children. This measure is just a weak attempt to staunch the onslaught of leftwing indoctrination. Parents need laws to protect their children from brainwashing.
So you are ok with the government mandating ideological correctness?
I'm OK with parents deciding what their kids are taught and taking measures to determine what their kids are taught. The prog education schools in this country are already mandating ideological correctness.

View attachment 505165

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) suggested that the state’s public universities and colleges may face financial repercussions depending on the survey results.

Florida’s governor has signed legislation that will require public colleges and universities to annually survey their students and staff about their beliefs and viewpoints in order to support “intellectual diversity,” while hinting that the schools could face financial penalties depending on the survey results.

The goal of House Bill 233, which was signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Tuesday, is “to ensure” that students are presented “diverse idea and opinion, including those that they may disagree with or find uncomfortable,” according to its language.

DeSantis said the state’s institutes of higher learning have largely become “intellectually repressive environments” and that these surveys will help to change that.

This new law, which goes into effect on July 1, follows DeSantis earlier this month banning K-12 public schools from featuring specific lessons and discussions related to racism. These include educational lessons and discussions on the concept of critical race theory, which examines systemic racism in American institutions and policies, as well as on “The 1619 Project,” which is a New York Times initiative that reexamines the legacy of slavery in the United States.

Texas
also last month passed a bill that effectively bans public school teachers from talking about racism, white supremacy or current news events.

"Have political beliefs surveyed"? Sounds like a slippery slope to me! In fact - it sounds racist to me - and autocratic! We need smarter students - not dumber students! What do you think?
Very bad idea. Once again, we see Repubublicans using their legislative power to not powers to not only silence free speech but punish people for their beliefs. Wow.

This is not a private business. It is the government creating laws to promote ideological indoctrination.
Teachers who try to brainwash American children against the wishes of their parents deserve to be canned.

Our schools are already brainwashing students. The government universities are pumping out an endless supply of woke leftwing teachers. The left doesn't need any laws to ram their ideas down the throats of our children. This measure is just a weak attempt to staunch the onslaught of leftwing indoctrination. Parents need laws to protect their children from brainwashing.

Remember when Trump claimed that 3-5 million illegals voted.. He used that to try any get the states to turn over your votiing records and mine.

Remember his "commission" that was later disbanded?

View attachment 505165

Texas

Students should be exposed to all sorts of ideas. What are you afraid of?
Nope. They should be exposed to whatever their parents want them to be exposed to, not what the education lobby wants them exposed to. Students are not adults. They are by definition not capable of making mature adult decisions about politics.

View attachment 505165

Texas

Remember when Trump claimed that 3-5 million illegals voted.. He used that to try any get the states to turn over your votiing records and mine.

There is no record of how you voted in any election, nimrod.

View attachment 505165

Texas

I'm OK with parents deciding what their kids are taught and taking measures to determine what their kids are taught. The prog education schools in this country are already mandating ideological correctness.
good point i think just from a selling stand point, students and their families might want to know if they are going to a real university with ideas and discussion or a leftist indoctrination camp where students and faculty will firebomb cars, assault, loot etc just if someone they disagree with is invited to speak

DeSantis is becoming very autocratic and dictatorial. The DOJ needs to tune him up.

Do you think the state should require that you survey and declare your political stance?
We have no problem, do we, with the state requiring that you declare your skin color so the bean counters can make sure enough of each color is represented, so why encourage diversity that really matters, that of thought and speech?

i also have no problem with the state conducting a survey to see how diverse their institutions are, in particular education, to ensure different views are represented.

This recent manifestation of rightwing authoritarianism is both reprehensible and wrong – it seeks to compel conformity and punish dissent.
It is obvious that you are assuming facts that are not in evidence.

View attachment 505165

Texas

good point i think just from a selling stand point, students and their families might want to know if they are going to a real university with ideas and discussion or a leftist indoctrination camp where students and faculty will firebomb cars, assault, loot etc just if someone they disagree with is invited to speak
Students who have to run to a safe space just because they saw the name, "Donald Trump" written on the sidewalk in crayon desperately NEED to exposed to differing opinions.

I'm 74, and I was never taught anything in school about racism or the Native American holocaust. Republicans want to continue to sweep it all under the rug. Just a big whitewash of American history - and present reality.
Why would you want to be taught racism?

I had to learn it on the playground during recess - instead of in the classroom in a structured environment.
Where were your parents during this process? Shouldn't they have filled you in on this shocking gap in your education?

They were busy trying to make a living. I'm placing you on permanent ignore. Bye...
why didn’t you bother walking outside? your old enough to of actually seen how the dems jim crow laws and terrorist brownshirts in the klan oppressed minorities.

or did you just ignore what your party did then you?

I was raised on a remote farm. Placing you on permanent ignore. Bye...
this explains a lot
It takes a special kind of something or other to start a thread on a topic, then put on ignore anyone who says anything contrary to the accepted dogma. Must be why the OP was upset about the survey. Only dogma blessed by the orthodoxy must be heard.
I'm 74, and I was never taught anything in school about racism or the Native American holocaust. Republicans want to continue to sweep it all under the rug. Just a big whitewash of American history - and present reality.
Why would you want to be taught racism?

I had to learn it on the playground during recess - instead of in the classroom in a structured environment.
Where were your parents during this process? Shouldn't they have filled you in on this shocking gap in your education?

They were busy trying to make a living. I'm placing you on permanent ignore. Bye...
why didn’t you bother walking outside? your old enough to of actually seen how the dems jim crow laws and terrorist brownshirts in the klan oppressed minorities.

or did you just ignore what your party did then you?

I was raised on a remote farm. Placing you on permanent ignore. Bye...
this explains a lot
It takes a special kind of something or other to start a thread on a topic, then put on ignore anyone who says anything contrary to the accepted dogma. Must be why the OP was upset about the survey. Only dogma blessed by the orthodoxy must be heard.

I have low tolerance for keyboard trolls. Bye...
I sense a snowflake. Normal parents take the time to educate their children on their family history. Running away like that is not a good sign.

Is the survey anonymous?
totally up to me if i put any identification

like this one if florida

so do tell, why are you so scared about what this study might find?
It is more concern with what they plan to do with that info don't you think? McCarthyism all over again.
the govt collects all sorts of data all the time. but let me know when the House starts calling people into hearings and collects testimony behind close doors and starts leaking bits and piece and throwing out accusations...wait we saw that djdnt we? adam shifty! snd when caught, said it was parody
I do not think they are allowed to collect ideological data on employees and use it against them.
me too. who says they are?

i do think they are allowed to ensure their schools are diverse though
Not allowed to make sure their schools are giving a true liberal arts education? That's ridiculous. Schools are supposed to teach HOW to think, to question, to investigate and come to a conclusion. In order to do that, they have to present multiple ideas and thoughts to the students. They are not supposed to be echo chambers for fashionable liberal ideas.

View attachment 505165

Texas

True yet the State does know whether or not you voted and how you are registered. That's what Trump wanted. The States refused.

View attachment 505165

Yep. This is why these douchebags want public universities and colleges in the first place. And why it's a bad idea to have government in charge of educating its citizens.

View attachment 505165

Texas

Like Dominionism and Christian Marxist? Do you censor what students read or study?

View attachment 505165

Texas

True yet the State does know whether or not you voted and how you are registered. That's what Trump wanted. The States refused.
If states can maintain that information, then why couldn't Trump have access to it

View attachment 505165

Yep. This is why these douchebags want public universities and colleges in the first place. And why it's a bad idea to have government in charge of educating its citizens.
For once I agree with you. Government education is the greatest threat to freedom there is.

View attachment 505165

Texas

Like Dominionism and Christian Marxist? Do you censor what students read or study?
Do I censor what your children study? Clearly not, but I do censor what my children study. That's a basic parental responsibility, and you want to prevent it.

View attachment 505165

Texas

when did trump want this? how would it even be done? the state can cerainly know if you voted...at least in my state, i’m registered and my name is check off when i show up to the poll.

they don’t know how i voted...snd i am not sure how they would without me telling them

View attachment 505165

Texas

If states can maintain that information, then why couldn't Trump have access to it
Because of how Trump is likely to use it.

Forum List

Back