🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Florida Republicans to gun hating doctors mind your own business

My Family Practice Physician ask me about firearms every time I go visit with him because he is one of my shooting buddies.

However what we have here are nosey leftists who practice medicine and want to use their profession to promote their personal political agenda.

So essentially, it's not enough that you want to keep your fetish that costs 33,000 lives and 70,000 injuries a year...

But you don't want anyone JUDGING you for it.

You have your happy litttle delusion that your gun keeps you safe/compensates for your tiny dick, and you don't want some doctor telling you something like, "Hey, you probably shouldn't have that around the home because a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than a bad guy."

No, you guys don't want to hear that, and if that's the result of a CDC Study, then you want to ban the CDC from studying guns. DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!!!!

Tell me why don't Drs ask if people have pools? More kids drown in pools than are killed by guns
What about stairs? More kids die and get injured falling down stairs than they do by guns.

It's none of a Dr's or anyone's business if people legally own a weapon.

And the CDC is The Center for Disease Control

Guns and gun crimes do not fall within their purview

Why don't the doctors ask kids if their parents smoke marijuana? Snort crystal meth?

It's just one more reason for parents to insist on being in the room when a Dr is with their kids

Weird how you gun nuts have no problem violating a doctor's first amendment right of free speech.

You don't like the questions a doctor asks? Go find another doctor.

But a gun nut should not have the ability to stifle a doctor's free speech.

Well if I can't ask a woman who is applying for a job if she is going to be having kids in the next couple years without getting slapped with a lawsuit and that's not called a violation of my first amendment right to free speech then I see no problem telling a Dr he can't interrogate kids as to whether their parents, drink, smoke or have weapons since none of those things are illegal

we don't call it floriduh for nothing...

the doctor patient relationship is a private one.

dum dums who imagine themselves 'conservative' are asking big daddy gubmint to control communication in this private relationship.. why? because they are afraid (irrationally paranoid) of big daddy gubmint taking their guns.. based on a private objective discussion about safety in a clinical setting with the sole interest being the safety and well being of children and families.

leave it to dum dum faux conservatives to ask government to help let them shoot themselves in the foot..literally.

They are taking the wrong angle by criminalizing the doctor for communicating in their patients' best interest.

They should instead try to pass a law to prohibit insurance companies from ever using such knowledge against their members...

Similar legislation has been proposed in Virginia, West Virginia, Alabama and North Carolina.

Supporters of the Florida bill, including the National Rifle Association (NRA), say they want to stop doctors from invading their privacy, and are concerned the information may be used against them by insurance companies.

Pediatricians have some stark numbers to back up their concerns:

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill someone known to the family than it is to kill someone in self-defense, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). And many victims of accidental gun injuries and death are under age 25, research has shown. Further, states with the most guns at home have suicide rates double rates of states with the fewest guns, and those suicides are often children.

Pediatricians argue it's vital to ask about guns in the home so they can advise parents about risks and make sure the guns are stored properly, all in order to prevent injury and death in children.

"For pediatricians, prevention is the name of the game," St. Petery said.

"We're not out there to rid the state of guns," said St. Petery, who also owns a gun at home and raised three children. "We're out to be sure if parents have guns that they are aware," of how to safely store it, he said. More than one-third of American homes have at least one gun at home, but a 2007 study found 70 percent of guns are not stored safely.

If the law passes, parents could report doctors who inquire about gun ownership to the Florida State Medical Board. The board can then impose disciplinary action, which may go as far as taking away the doctor's license to practice medicine. As a compromise, doctors can ask about gun ownership if they think the child is in imminent danger. But pediatricians say this wording is subject to interpretation, and they object to being penalized for doing something they believe to be in the best interest of the child.

Critics: New Gun Law Will Kill Kids - Yahoo! News

Florida Wants to Kill Kids

They are taking the wrong angle by criminalizing the doctor for communicating in their patients' best interest.

They should instead try to pass a law to prohibit insurance companies from ever using such knowledge against their members...

Similar legislation has been proposed in Virginia, West Virginia, Alabama and North Carolina.

Supporters of the Florida bill, including the National Rifle Association (NRA), say they want to stop doctors from invading their privacy, and are concerned the information may be used against them by insurance companies.

Pediatricians have some stark numbers to back up their concerns:

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill someone known to the family than it is to kill someone in self-defense, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). And many victims of accidental gun injuries and death are under age 25, research has shown. Further, states with the most guns at home have suicide rates double rates of states with the fewest guns, and those suicides are often children.

Pediatricians argue it's vital to ask about guns in the home so they can advise parents about risks and make sure the guns are stored properly, all in order to prevent injury and death in children.

"For pediatricians, prevention is the name of the game," St. Petery said.

"We're not out there to rid the state of guns," said St. Petery, who also owns a gun at home and raised three children. "We're out to be sure if parents have guns that they are aware," of how to safely store it, he said. More than one-third of American homes have at least one gun at home, but a 2007 study found 70 percent of guns are not stored safely.

If the law passes, parents could report doctors who inquire about gun ownership to the Florida State Medical Board. The board can then impose disciplinary action, which may go as far as taking away the doctor's license to practice medicine. As a compromise, doctors can ask about gun ownership if they think the child is in imminent danger. But pediatricians say this wording is subject to interpretation, and they object to being penalized for doing something they believe to be in the best interest of the child.

Critics: New Gun Law Will Kill Kids - Yahoo! News

Florida Wants to Kill Kids

IMO it's in peoples' best interests to have a weapon to protect themselves but It's none of my business if they don't

Just like it's none of the Drs business

we don't call it floriduh for nothing...

the doctor patient relationship is a private one.

dum dums who imagine themselves 'conservative' are asking big daddy gubmint to control communication in this private relationship.. why? because they are afraid (irrationally paranoid) of big daddy gubmint taking their guns.. based on a private objective discussion about safety in a clinical setting with the sole interest being the safety and well being of children and families.

leave it to dum dum faux conservatives to ask government to help let them shoot themselves in the foot..literally.

It has nothing to do with healthcare. That''s the point. This is all political and these gun nazi doctors are interrogating children to syphon information out of them about their parents.

How would you like it if you went for a car loan and the loan officer asked you questions on whether you had an abortion or not, and if so, how many? Left untouched, it won't be long before a doctor will be able to determine a home unsafe for a child simply because the parents are gun owners, and the government will come and take the children out of the home.

Why don't you take out the numbers where guns were used for suicide and stop misrepresenting things. To use suicides as part of your numbers for gun deaths implies that had a gun not been available, the suicide wouldn't have occurred.

In a lot of cases, they wouldn't have. Suicide makes it a lot easier for someone to kill themselves because they were having a bad day, Possum-catcher...

Look everyone, it's a gun hater that says certain people shouldn't own guns but doesn't have the guts to try and take them from those he says shouldn't own them. He's a retard but he's smart enough, at least in that area, to know not to make that kind of mistake.

I've already told you how we will take guns from you identified nuts. We find out when you go to work. And when you are at your job as Possum Catcher, filling out forms about about how vicious that possum was, we send one team of ATF Agents to detain you while the second one goes to your house and takes your guns. Then through the wonders of modern technology, we show you a live feed of your guns being melted down into slag.

Meh, heh, heh...

Why don't you take out the numbers where guns were used for suicide and stop misrepresenting things. To use suicides as part of your numbers for gun deaths implies that had a gun not been available, the suicide wouldn't have occurred.

In a lot of cases, they wouldn't have. Suicide makes it a lot easier for someone to kill themselves because they were having a bad day, Possum-catcher...

Look everyone, it's a gun hater that says certain people shouldn't own guns but doesn't have the guts to try and take them from those he says shouldn't own them. He's a retard but he's smart enough, at least in that area, to know not to make that kind of mistake.

I've already told you how we will take guns from you identified nuts. We find out when you go to work. And when you are at your job as Possum Catcher, filling out forms about about how vicious that possum was, we send one team of ATF Agents to detain you while the second one goes to your house and takes your guns. Then through the wonders of modern technology, we show you a live feed of your guns being melted down into slag.

Meh, heh, heh...

Prove your point then

How many people wouldn't have killed themselves if they didn't have access to a gun?

IMO it's in peoples' best interests to have a weapon to protect themselves but It's none of my business if they don't

Just like it's none of the Drs business

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.

That "study" has been debunked and you repeating it over and over won't make it true

Better than the pathetic whiner trying to tell everyone how to live their lives

You better run along now so you can play with your boss's money to get your time to feel important for the day

Or you might get shit canned again which is the only thing you are really good at

Naw, man, I'm going to enjoy making small business dick beg for business. I enjoy the fuck out of that.

Meh, heh, heh...
US_M18a1_claymore_mine.jpg

Better than the pathetic whiner trying to tell everyone how to live their lives

You better run along now so you can play with your boss's money to get your time to feel important for the day

Or you might get shit canned again which is the only thing you are really good at

Naw, man, I'm going to enjoy making small business dick beg for business. I enjoy the fuck out of that.

Funny. A petty functionary who thinks he's powerful

Classic

I've offered the challenge to other cowards. Let's see if you're one. If you don't think I should own a gun and you've called me a gun nutter, come and try to take them. It will be the worst mistake you've ever made son.

The best argument for gun bans is listening to all the gun nuts masturbate about all the people they want to shoot. I mean, I hear shit like this, I want to just ban guns and be done with it, because i never know which one of you nuts is going to go off in a shopping mall.

Forum List

Back