Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

Disney was given special rights and chose to abuse their special right to push gay and mental illness on kids. They got kicked off special status as did the others from what I read.....
So here's the pattern - liberals have been working feverishly, for decades, to turn EVERYTHING into "special rights" (privileges) that the government can revoke without due process. That's what you're cheering for. It's gonna bite you the ass.

The sponsor of the bill said the 1 year time for it to take effect would give Disney "time to rethink their objections to Florida laws".

That is the stated objective.
I think they get it. They know this is authoritarian government, but they get off on that. They don't want to admit it, yet. But they'll come around. Before long they'll be dutifully wearing their armbands and goosestepping to impress their dear leader.

I think they get it. They know this is authoritarian government, but they get off on that. They don't want to admit it, yet. But they'll come around. Before long they'll be dutifully wearing their armbands and goosestepping to impress their dear leader.
You and your Nazi references paint a true picture of how stupid you truly are!

Of course they get it. They fucking love that dissent is finally being punished by the government.

There was due process in this case.
No, there wasn't. Disney has not been accused, much less tried and convicted, of a crime, yet they are being punished.

Listen, every single person in this thread understands that Desantis is targeting Disney because they oppose the so-called "Don't Say Gay" law. Why are you trying to pretend otherwise?

When a Disney Executive opens her remarks with ...

"I am a mother, of two queer children, one transexual and one pansexual ...
I am a leader, and with the LGBT movement ... "

It would require cognitive dissonance to suggest the idea the rank-and-file employees are driving the bus.
You would have to be mentally challenged to even think it, much less believe it ... :auiqs.jpg:

She isn't an employee? Why, yes she is!

Disney started it

Yes they did. They dared to disagree with the state on an issue and say so publicly.

And now they are being punished by that same state for daring to offer dissent. And you are fucking cheering for it.

Would you cheer if the state of Ill punished Chick-fil-a for daring to oppose gay marriage?

90a1c1519eb45f4087462af37de810d0.png

Your using the Disney name for the law shows you are a frustrated groomer for pedophilia, STFU until you grow some balls, you gender confused hypocrite!
You're wrong. Again. I put the name in quotes because I also think it's a bullshit name. I actually support the rights of parents to control what their children are exposed to. I disagree with Disney. I just don't think the government is there to crack down on people I disagree with. They have a right to their opinions. They have a right to try to change laws they disagree with. We all do. But if the Court lets Desantis get away with this, that right is in peril.

Yes they did. They dared to disagree with the state on an issue and say so publicly.

And now they are being punished by that same state for daring to offer dissent. And you are fucking cheering for it.

Would you cheer if the state of Ill punished Chick-fil-a for daring to oppose gay marriage?
"It's different when we do it".

The dissolution of the Reedy Creek Improvement District may have massive ripple effects. The counties of Orange and Osceola, where Disney’s sprawling theme park area sits, may inherit over $1 billion of debt owed by Disney. Residents of those counties may also have to pay an average of $2,200 more per household in local property taxes, according to The Miami Herald.​

Taxes are going to go up because of an issue nobody cared about and a word the frothing Trump base had never heard of six weeks ago.

All because one man’s cynical grab for power.
Who is this one man you refer to? The stripping of Disney's special status was passed by both Houses of the legislature in Florida. That's more than one man, by the way!

You're wrong. Again. I put the name in quotes because I also think it's a bullshit name. I actually support the rights of parents to control what their children are exposed to. I disagree with Disney. I just don't think the government is there to crack down on people I disagree with. They have a right to their opinions. They have a right to try to change laws they disagree with. We all do. But if the Court lets Desantis get away with this, that right is in peril.
What is the problem? On what grounds can Disney sue? You sort of forgot that, didn't you?

Forum List

Back