Florida Sheriffs nullify federal gun laws

Why is it that liberals continually claim that the United States is a "democracy"? A Representative Republic is NOT a democracy. Democracy is nothing more than mob rule.

"A "necessary evil" always brings a smile to Lucifer and his minions" - Ralph Clarke
The US is a Democratic Republic. Find another subject for your soapbox.

No. The United States, and all of the Several States that have acceded to it, are Republics, and Republics only.
A Democratic Republic is a country that is both a Republic and a Democracy. Democratic Republic News - Bloomberg

Florida sheriffs resolve to support right to bear arms - HISTORIC CITY NEWS

Florida Sheriffs Association
Proclamation 2013-1
Support of Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

WHEREAS, the Florida Constitution in Article VIII, Section 1(d), created the Office of the Sheriff and invested the Sheriff with certain powers necessary to carry out his or her duties to serve and protect the public; and

WHEREAS, Sheriffs are charged with the public trust and are sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States, which guarantees the right to bear arms; and

WHEREAS, the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution assures the right of the people to keep and bear arms; and

WHEREAS, Florida Sheriffs have continually supported the rights guaranteed under the Constitution of the United States, including the right to bear arms, and Florida Sheriffs affirm they will not assist, support, or condone any unconstitutional infringement of that right;

NOW, THEREFORE BE IT PROCLAIMED, that on this 29th day of January 2012 at the Winter Conference in Destin, Florida, the Florida Sheriffs Association publicly acknowledges and reiterates its support for the rights provided by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

10th Amendment in action.

Wow, a bunch of Florida sheriffs publicly declare their intention to uphold the Constitution....

Just like every law enforcement officer in the country...

Somehow this just doesn't qualify as 'news'...

Let us all know when they publicly announce that the will refuse to uphold the Constitution...

Please tell us which part of Government is ultimately subject to popular vote?
Can't be the Legislature, since Representatives can ignore the people who elected them.
Can't be the Judiciary, since the people cannot vote on a Bill of Attainder to override a Jury's decision. Can't be the Executive, unless we're talking about the entire Militia becoming active, which is still under the command o the President, unless he is acting in an unconstitutional manner.
1. That depends on the state, such as those having a referendum process.
2. Yep.
3. Yep.
4. He doesn't ask for a show of hands.

Makes you wonder just why you have so little say eh? Well, because that my little friends, that was by design. They didn't want you screwing things up or voting for just your benefit. You are locked out but you feel like you have a say although for all practical purposes, you have none, but don't worry, we got ya covered.

Can't be the Legislature, since Representatives can ignore the people who elected them.
Can't be the Judiciary, since the people cannot vote on a Bill of Attainder to override a Jury's decision. Can't be the Executive, unless we're talking about the entire Militia becoming active, which is still under the command o the President, unless he is acting in an unconstitutional manner.
2. Yep.
3. Yep.

Makes you wonder just why you have so little say eh? Well, because that my little friends, that was by design. They didn't want you screwing things up or voting for just your benefit. You are locked out but you feel like you have a say although for all practical purposes, you have none, but don't worry, we got ya covered.

Yes, the Constitution, by design, protects us from the tyranny of the majority. That's a very good thing.

Tell me, in your words, what is the difference between a Republic and a Democratic Republic, to you.

2. Yep.
3. Yep.

Yes, the Constitution, by design, protects us from the tyranny of the majority. That's a very good thing.

Tell me, in your words, what is the difference between a Republic and a Democratic Republic, to you.
It's more specific, and it emphasizes the power of the voters to change the government as they see fit by using one man, one vote. The fact that it is not any better for the average dog now does not lessen the fact that it should be.

It's more specific, and it emphasizes the power of the voters to change the government as they see fit by using one man, one vote. The fact that it is not any better for the average dog now does not lessen the fact that it should be.

The most simple fix to our current problem is to annul the doctrine of Sovereign Immunity, then the people could sue the living shit out of government officials that violate their oaths to the Constitution.

2. Yep.
3. Yep.

It says that? Can you show me where, because I missed it all those times I read it.

Come to think of it, so did all my teachers, classmates, and everyone in the universe who isn't you.

2. Yep.
3. Yep.

Where IS the "One man, One Vote" clause?

We don't, it's just a Necessary Evil, but bigger and more complicated than 220 years ago because so are our lives.

And the government you glorify was set up to let the Elites rule. They didn't even want the House. Read what they wrote and remember, they both hated and feared democracy. It's why so few were allowed to even vote let alone run anything.

Why is it that liberals continually claim that the United States is a "democracy"? A Representative Republic is NOT a democracy. Democracy is nothing more than mob rule.

"A "necessary evil" always brings a smile to Lucifer and his minions" - Ralph Clarke

The US is a representative republic you fool. Take a Civics class.

Take your own advice.
41M5689jTTL.jpg
[MENTION=41494]RandallFlagg[/MENTION]

Last edited:

It says that? Can you show me where, because I missed it all those times I read it.

Come to think of it, so did all my teachers, classmates, and everyone in the universe who isn't you.
Notice he asked what the term meant to "me"? Did you miss that part?

The term "representative republic" is redundant.
Some light reading for him:

"Where did this democratic tradition truly begin? The ideas and practices that led to the development of the American democratic republic owe a debt to the ancient civilizations of Greece and Rome, the Protestant Reformation, and Gutenberg's printing press. But the Enlightenment of 17th-century Europe had the most immediate impact on the framers of the United States Constitution."
Foundations of American Government [ushistory.org]

He's a Tea Party member. I should have guessed.

Last edited:

Where IS the "One man, One Vote" clause?
As with cell phones and puppy dogs, it's not in there, although I doubt the idea would bother the Founders much. Here: One Person, One Vote | The Constitution Project

Proclamation 2013-1

WHEREAS, the Florida Constitution in Article VIII, Section 1(d), created the Office of the Sheriff and invested the Sheriff with certain powers necessary to carry out his or her duties to serve and protect the public; and

WHEREAS, Sheriffs are charged with the public trust and are sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States, which guarantees the right to bear arms; and

WHEREAS, the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution assures the right of the people to keep and bear arms; and

WHEREAS, Florida Sheriffs have continually supported the rights guaranteed under the Constitution of the United States, including the right to bear arms, and Florida Sheriffs affirm they will not assist, support, or condone any unconstitutional infringement of that right;

NOW, THEREFORE BE IT PROCLAIMED, that on this 29th day of January 2012 at the Winter Conference in Destin, Florida, the Florida Sheriffs Association publicly acknowledges and reiterates its support for the rights provided by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

And after much public flap yapping, these sheriffs will stand up, say, 'Ya suh, no suh' and salute when the first US Marshal visits them. Stupid rednecks working for the votes of other stupid rednecks.

Probably, but, local law enforcement hasn't the authority to enforce federal law. Withdrawing manpower assistance, being "too busy" to help isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

It may ha e been founded as such, but the reality is that Mr. Lincoln's war and the 20th century constitutional amendments killed the republic and brought in the rule of the mob.

We are a democracy. As much as conservatives despise that fact, it is so.

Proclamation 2013-1

Gee, a Sheriff's Association has reaffirmed they'll support the Constitution. Thanks guys. ...Wasn't that already in your job description?

We are a democracy. As much as conservatives despise that fact, it is so.

Wow...a "democracy"? Huh....Well then, I guess that the East Coast and the West Coast will decide elections from now on, right? I guess we can forget the Midwest - after all, there aren't THAT many people there, right?

Get a clue, will you?

Forum List

Back