Florida to go commie-lite and regulate marriages..The Left must love this.

A bill has been proposed that would empower the state to decide who can and will get married...An application of sorts.
Proposed Florida bill would require couples to read 'healthy marriage' guide before tying the knot

I canā€™t help but wonder...Why not propose a bill that would allow the state to decide who can have children and who canā€™t? How cool would it be if people had to ā€˜qualifyā€™ to procreate? That seems to make much better sense...no?
Uhh, wrong. From your link-

A new bill proposed would require couples to read a ā€œhealthy marriageā€ guide before they can tie the knot.

So which part of my post is ā€œwrongā€?
They have no say so in who gets married. Just a requirement to say they read a book, sort of like requiring a marriage license when getting married. Lol

Thereā€™s hardly an approval process in buying a marriage license which functions to serve notice to the state that a couple has married.
Spin it however you like, this bill empowers the state to approve or disapprove a marriage.
ā€œDo this and we will ALLOW you the right to get married.ā€
Youā€™re not really confused are you?

A bill has been proposed that would empower the state to decide who can and will get married...An application of sorts.
Proposed Florida bill would require couples to read 'healthy marriage' guide before tying the knot

I canā€™t help but wonder...Why not propose a bill that would allow the state to decide who can have children and who canā€™t? How cool would it be if people had to ā€˜qualifyā€™ to procreate? That seems to make much better sense...no?

A new bill proposed would require couples to read a ā€œhealthy marriageā€ guide before they can tie the knot.

They have no say so in who gets married. Just a requirement to say they read a book, sort of like requiring a marriage license when getting married. Lol

Thereā€™s hardly an approval process in buying a marriage license which functions to serve notice to the state that a couple has married.
Spin it however you like, this bill empowers the state to approve or disapprove a marriage.
First, it is a proposal by one Senator. It had previously failed a few years ago.
Second, the info within it would actually be beneficial for anyone getting married, and maybe realizing getting married on a whim might not be a good idea-

(2)ā€ƒThe Florida Guide to a Healthy Marriage shall include,
68 but is not limited to:
69 (a)ā€ƒResources regarding conflict management, communication
70 skills, family expectations, financial responsibilities and
71 management, domestic violence resources, and parenting
72 responsibilities.

Third, If you think they are gonna test you, if it were to even pass, I have a bridge to sell you, as there is nothing in the proposal that states anyone would be tested on the content.

Fourth, the odds it passes are slim.

No surprise this bill comes from a Repub, they have always been the ones trying to dictate who can and cannot get married.

sort of funny you whining about this when you think that two gay people should not be allowed to get married.

Mm, maybe but honestly it's not a "republican" thing so much as its a "politician" thing. Many churches are big on this. They want you do do a "premarrge" counseling thing, (typically for a small fee of course). This is nothing more then political pandering to the blue haired old ladies. Keep it in the church. Laws like this have no business being considered.
I think they are trying to reduce the divorce rates

No surprise this bill comes from a Repub, they have always been the ones trying to dictate who can and cannot get married.

sort of funny you whining about this when you think that two gay people should not be allowed to get married.

Gods law supersedes that of man...God said faggots / ass pounders canā€™t marry.
Come on bud...head from ass..remember.
haha... Gods law?! Are you joking?

youā€™re all kinds of confused. Your op is calling marriage regulation ā€œcommie-liteā€ and then you promote regulating marriage because of Gods law. You pose as a conservative which should believe in constitutional law and small government, yet you let the hypocrisy flow with this issue. Keep it up dude, cracking me up!

Haha...like always Slade, it is your twisted little mind that is confused.
See, people CHOOSE to live by Gods law whereas you commie-ish statists think the state should have the right to FORCE the regulation of fundamental rights.
Further, I definitely do not consider myself a ā€œconservativeā€ by your definition...Conservatives tend to be pussified, nutless cowards...However, I do appreciate, respect and follow much of the conservative value systems.

Yeah, those fucking commie republicans who introduced the bill and control the state.

Yeah, those fucking commie republicans who introduced the bill and control the state.
One guy introduced it. Settle down.

Hell they also to control your life and tell you what is good and not good for you. I hate do gooder's.

Gods law supersedes that of man...God said faggots / ass pounders canā€™t marry.

Sorry buddy, but we do not live in a Theocracy,.so Gods law does not supersede that of man

do try and keep up

Good, real Americans will debate that with you.
I know you hate it but we were founded on biblical principles. Sucks huh?

Good, real Americans think we are a Theocracy?

really?

Nope, good, real Americans live by Gods law first. Follow along son.

"Love Thy Neighborā€¦." is one of those laws. You ignore that one every minute of every day.

Sorry buddy, but we do not live in a Theocracy,.so Gods law does not supersede that of man

do try and keep up

really?

"Love Thy Neighborā€¦." is one of those laws. You ignore that one every minute of every day.

My neighbor is not Mexico...Fuck wetbacks!

youā€™re all kinds of confused. Your op is calling marriage regulation ā€œcommie-liteā€ and then you promote regulating marriage because of Gods law. You pose as a conservative which should believe in constitutional law and small government, yet you let the hypocrisy flow with this issue. Keep it up dude, cracking me up!

See, people CHOOSE to live by Gods law whereas you commie-ish statists think the state should have the right to FORCE the regulation of fundamental rights.
Further, I definitely do not consider myself a ā€œconservativeā€ by your definition...Conservatives tend to be pussified, nutless cowards...However, I do appreciate, respect and follow much of the conservative value systems.
then according to your political creed why would you support the state and our laws regulating gay marriage. Youā€™re stepping all over your argument

do try and keep up

really?

If weā€™re a Christian Nationā€¦Mexico is our neighbor.

And you hate brown people (and others) who are living in your community.

Youā€™re no Christian.

First, it is a proposal by one Senator. It had previously failed a few years ago.
Second, the info within it would actually be beneficial for anyone getting married, and maybe realizing getting married on a whim might not be a good idea-

(2)ā€ƒThe Florida Guide to a Healthy Marriage shall include,
68 but is not limited to:
69 (a)ā€ƒResources regarding conflict management, communication
70 skills, family expectations, financial responsibilities and
71 management, domestic violence resources, and parenting
72 responsibilities.

Third, If you think they are gonna test you, if it were to even pass, I have a bridge to sell you, as there is nothing in the proposal that states anyone would be tested on the content.

Fourth, the odds it passes are slim.

Well, youā€™ve got it all spun up in your head...I canā€™t take that away from you. The ā€˜pitchā€™ in this bill sounds reasonable, just as they always do but that doesnā€™t mean they are....Hell, our piece of shit governor here in Mexifornia tells the people that offering free healthcare to Mexico will benefit the people of Mexifornia and the dumbmotherfuckers here eat the shit up.
Baby steps toward ultimate control, thatā€™s how itā€™s always worked. Anybody sane can connect those dots.

then according to your political creed why would you support the state and our laws regulating gay marriage. Youā€™re stepping all over your argument

Slade are you fucking stupid...Iā€™ve clearly made the assertion that state law should somewhat align with Gods law...weā€™ve always operated that way, our constitution was authored by those who thought the same way.

Slade are you fucking stupid...Iā€™ve clearly made the assertion that state law should somewhat align with Gods law...weā€™ve always operated that way, our constitution was authored by those who thought the same way.
Wow, really? So should we make all the ā€œthou shall nots...ā€ laws enforced by the government?

Wow, really? So should we make all the ā€œthou shall nots...ā€ laws enforced by the government?

Nope
There are many laws in this nation that have been guided by biblical philosophy for centuries...You disgusting lowlifes shouldnā€™t be afforded the opportunity to change those laws.

do try and keep up
It always will. You're free to ignore it during this lifetime, but the Judge IS coming

really?

If weā€™re a Christian Nationā€¦Mexico is our neighbor.

And you hate brown people (and others) who are living in your community.

Youā€™re no Christian.
You have the understanding of a 2 year old having a temper tantrum

Nope
There are many laws in this nation that have been guided by biblical philosophy for centuries...You disgusting lowlifes shouldnā€™t be afforded the opportunity to change those laws.
Sounds pretty commie to me. What does god say about treating thy neighbor?

Nope
Sounds pretty commie to me. What does god say about treating thy neighbor?

Again, you struggle with basic shit...you canā€™t make the distinction between our founding principles and those fabricated by filthy lowlifes seeking to change said principles.

Romans 13:1-7 makes it abundantly clear that God expects us to obey the laws of the government. The only exception to this is when a law of the government forces us to disobey a command of God. Illegal immigration is the breaking of a governmentā€™s law. There is nothing in Scripture that contradicts the idea of a sovereign nation having immigration laws. Therefore, it is rebellion against God to unlawfully enter another country. Illegal immigration is a sin.

Forum List

Back