🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Florida voters will be able to restore voting rights to over a million former felons in November

The Voting Restoration Amendment, which the state is expected to certify soon, would automatically restore rights to citizens convicted of felonies who have completed their prison sentence, parole, and probation. Only those convicted of murder or felony sexual offenses would be excluded.

People that have served their time should be given all their rights back.

Simple. You hold two different ideas in your head at once..the very definition of "double think".

(1)You present a proposed law that doesn't restore rights to murders and rapists after they serve their time
(2) then you say "people that have served their time should be given their rights back"

So which is it?

The funny thing about the world is not it is not always black/white or all or nothing. I think in general that people who have served their time should be given their rights back. But I am ok with a few restrictions on that, namely murder or felony sexual offenses.

Just like when I say that I support the right to free speech I also am fine with a few restrictions on it, like not being able to yell fire in a crowded theater or make a bomb threat on an airplane.

I hope that helps.

I wonder if felons would vote for candidates who run on a law and order, hard on crime platform?

I think they would be just like everyone else and their votes would be all over the place.

No, They have no credibility

In who's opinion?

If I think you have no credibility because you went bankrupt should you be allowed vote?

These people pay there debt to society and are deemed rehabilitated and allowed to join society? The ability to vote should be a minimum right given to them.

So you are saying and 18 year in Florida caught with an once of marijuana should not be allowed vote ever... By the way he could have 2 pounds of the stuff in Alabama and your OK (on 1st offence, 2nd offence is zero)...
Felons should never be able to vote... ever

Damn communist!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
It really doesn’t matter, most of them don’t want to vote anyways and even if they wanted to do, most of them just would not.
No big deal
Then what’s your objection?

I supported it so Rustic will have to be again it. He has a thing for me. If i said the sky was blue today he would tell me I am wrong.

Voting is a fundamental right. One that should never be taken away. Let Felons vote while incarcerated in all 50 states, not just Maine and Vermont.

I disagree. Freedom of movement and not being in jail is a fundamental right as well. When you get convicted under due process and incarcerated, you lose those rights as well as others.

Think about letting a prison full of inmates vote in a local county or town election and you will understand the problem with letting them vote.

And yet, when incarcerated, you don't lose the fundamental right to marry. Voting should be like that.

Why is it a problem if they vote in local elections?

Our jailer is elected. You want the inmates to get to vote for their jailers?

Voting is a fundamental right. One that should never be taken away. Let Felons vote while incarcerated in all 50 states, not just Maine and Vermont.

I disagree. Freedom of movement and not being in jail is a fundamental right as well. When you get convicted under due process and incarcerated, you lose those rights as well as others.

Think about letting a prison full of inmates vote in a local county or town election and you will understand the problem with letting them vote.

And yet, when incarcerated, you don't lose the fundamental right to marry. Voting should be like that.

Why is it a problem if they vote in local elections?

Like any other right, the franchise has it's restrictions, including age. Again with due process you can remove or restrict several rights.

And the issue would be 5000 inmates voting as a bloc to elect people to run a county or town of 3000 free people.

Would you want to live in a municipality where you are outnumbered by the inmates of a prison and they have voting rights.

It would be easy enough to restrict Federal inmates with no other residential address to Federal Elections. Many states do it for overseas voters. Others, like California also allow overseas voters to vote in local elections.

Voting is one of our most basic civil rights, just like marriage. I simply feel that prison should not be a barrier to the exercise of such a basic fundamental right.

That's why you are a dumb ass!

I wonder if felons would vote for candidates who run on a law and order, hard on crime platform?

I think they would be just like everyone else and their votes would be all over the place.

Yes, I am a dumb ass because I refuse to stereotype people that I know nothing about.

Where the fuck do you people come from? I hope and pray someone as stupid as you does not have children.

Yes, I am a dumb ass because I refuse to stereotype people that I know nothing about.

Where the fuck do you people come from? I hope and pray someone as stupid as you does not have children.

People are not the only thing you don't know about. If you honestly believe people vote against their own best interest, you are a dumb ass. The minorities and poor vote Democrat and that accounts for about 99% of all criminals.

I came from my mother, but I understand that many liberals have no idea who their parents were, as they were in jail or died either from drug overdoses or lead poisoning from bullets.

Too bad for you, I have three children and every one is a conservative.

People are not the only thing you don't know about. If you honestly believe people vote against their own best interest, you are a dumb ass. The minorities and poor vote Democrat and that accounts for about 99% of all criminals.

I came from my mother, but I understand that many liberals have no idea who their parents were, as they were in jail or died either from drug overdoses or lead poisoning from bullets.

Whose best interest?

Do you think that everyone in jail is there for the same fucking thing?

Do you think that the 18 year old that got stupid and took a car for a joy ride has the same interest as the career criminal that has robbed a dozen banks?

It is almost like you Trump zealots have a competition to see who can be the stupidest tonight.

Whose best interest?

Do you think that the 18 year old that got stupid and took a car for a joy ride has the same interest as the career criminal that has robbed a dozen banks?

It is almost like you Trump zealots have a competition to see who can be the stupidest tonight.

Yep! The 18 year-old is likely poor and stupid, and will vote Democrat. The bank robber is poor and stupid and will vote Democrat.

BTW, that bank robber is never getting out of jail, so cool your jets on that ignorant example.

There is no need for a contest. Even the smartest liberal could not lose that contest.

Whose best interest?

Yep! The 18 year-old is likely poor and stupid, and will vote Democrat. The bank robber is poor and stupid and will vote Democrat.

BTW, that bank robber is never getting out of jail, so cool your jets on that ignorant example.

There is no need for a contest. Even the smartest liberal could not lose that contest.

Fuck, you are just one dumbass redneck. I am done with you.

Whose best interest?

You have the IQ of a true Gator. Dumber than a post and incapable of carrying on an intelligent discussion.

Please put me on "ignore". The room IQ might then fall down to your ability to converse.

In who's opinion?

If I think you have no credibility because you went bankrupt should you be allowed vote?

These people pay there debt to society and are deemed rehabilitated and allowed to join society? The ability to vote should be a minimum right given to them.

So you are saying and 18 year in Florida caught with an once of marijuana should not be allowed vote ever... By the way he could have 2 pounds of the stuff in Alabama and your OK (on 1st offence, 2nd offence is zero)...
Felons should never be able to vote... ever

Damn communist!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
It really doesn’t matter, most of them don’t want to vote anyways and even if they wanted to do, most of them just would not.
No big deal
Then what’s your objection?

I supported it so Rustic will have to be again it. He has a thing for me. If i said the sky was blue today he would tell me I am wrong.
Triggered

Whose best interest?

You have the IQ of a true Gator. Dumber than a post and incapable of carrying on an intelligent discussion.

Please put me on "ignore". The room IQ might then fall down to your ability to converse.

I am sure in your world anyone that is not a fucking bigot is seen as dumb. God forbid we should judge people individually and not as entire groups, that would take thought and integrity...two things that have never taken up roost in you.

Whose best interest?

I am sure in your world anyone that is not a fucking bigot is seen as dumb. God forbid we should judge people individually and not as entire groups, that would take thought and integrity...two things that have never taken up roost in you.

I am sorry that you live in some liberal fantasy world. Maybe one day, with good doctors and some drug treatment, you too can participate in reality.

You have been brainwashed to be ashamed of using judgement and common sense.
You refuse to stereotype criminals? And yes you do know something about a felon whether you want to admit it or not.

You have been brainwashed to be ashamed of using judgement and common sense.
You refuse to stereotype criminals? And yes you do know something about a felon whether you want to admit it or not.

Yes. Because judging entire groups of people based off of one word is common sense and judgement... how can you fucking morons even drive a car being this stupid?

Not all felonies are created equal. While working as the MEPS liaison for the Marine Corps I put in a “felon” whose crime was as an 18 year old high school senior he printed off some 5 dollar bills and tried to pass them off at school lunch room.

According to you brain dead zealots I should judge him the same as a rapist or some guy that stole a million dollars. And somehow I am the brainwashed one? Fucking unbelievable

Forum List

Back