🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Florida voters will be able to restore voting rights to over a million former felons in November

How can one 'misuse' their vote in your estimation?

By voting for things a criminal would want, just like they misuse their freedom by committing crimes.

By voting for things a criminal would want, just like they misuse their freedom by committing crimes.

LOL.
You mean vote Democrat?
What 'things a criminal would want' are on any given ballot?

You employ some strange logic.

How about an example where they would be allowed to vote in county elections in prison, and the prisoners outnumber the residents of the county?

If we don't trust them with freedom of movement, why should we trust them with the freedom to vote?

They would be absentee voters in their own home districts.

So that eliminates the local problem, but doesn't eliminate the fact that if you fucked up enough to end up in prison you shouldn't get to vote.

Why?
They don't have a stake in society? They don't have kids or families? They shouldn't get a vote on the school levy or board, city council, sheriffs or judges?

If it's about restoring the rights of felons, then why aren't dems giving them back their gun rights too??. That is a constitutionally guaranteed right in contrast to voting.

Dems just want more losers voting dem. Criminals and illegals and welfare queens. That's the dem voting base.

I would think both require trust, as the misuse of either can have consequences.

Freedom of movement is a right as well, but like all rights can be taken away via due process.

And no, convicted criminals serving their sentence should NOT have a stake in making laws and policy, just like they should not be roaming the streets,

I would think both require trust, as the misuse of either can have consequences.

LOL.
You mean vote Democrat?

Oh, and another thing, so you admit the Democrat Party is the party of choice for criminals?

Not at all. I am trying to understand your point. There's generally only two choices on a ballot. Obviously you don't feel you vote for 'things a criminal would want' and it's also fairly obvious that you don't vote with democrats. It's the only conclusion that can be drawn.

Why not just simply say you don't want them to vote because you believe they'll vote democrat?

because in the end i really don't care who they don't vote for, as long as they don't vote when they are in the can. Considering I'm ok with them getting the franchise back afterwards, and if they were to vote democrat before they would probably vote democrat after they get out, it becomes a moot point.

LOL.
You mean vote Democrat?

How about an example where they would be allowed to vote in county elections in prison, and the prisoners outnumber the residents of the county?

If we don't trust them with freedom of movement, why should we trust them with the freedom to vote?

So that eliminates the local problem, but doesn't eliminate the fact that if you fucked up enough to end up in prison you shouldn't get to vote.

Why?
They don't have a stake in society? They don't have kids or families? They shouldn't get a vote on the school levy or board, city council, sheriffs or judges?

They gave up their right to have a say in that Stake while they are incarcerated because of the crime they committed.

No, they should not until they pay their debt.

If it's about restoring the rights of felons, then why aren't dems giving them back their gun rights too??. That is a constitutionally guaranteed right in contrast to voting.

Dems just want more losers voting dem. Criminals and illegals and welfare queens. That's the dem voting base.

Florida has a Republican governor, retard.

You don't want more people voting democrat either. You're just too dumb to understand that what you're bitching about applies equally to you.

LOL.
You mean vote Democrat?

Why?

They gave up their right to have a say in that Stake while they are incarcerated because of the crime they committed.

Says who?

The law is what we decide it is.
Just because someone thought it was a good idea 100 years ago doesn't mean it is today.

Why?

Says who?

Just because someone thought it was a good idea 100 years ago doesn't mean it is today.

Says me.

Why?

Says who?

Says me.

Why not just admit that you don't want them to vote because you believe they'll vote democrat?

I do not know how anyone that values freedom or personal rights can disagree with this...

The Voting Restoration Amendment, which the state is expected to certify soon, would automatically restore rights to citizens convicted of felonies who have completed their prison sentence, parole, and probation. Only those convicted of murder or felony sexual offenses would be excluded.

People that have served their time should be given all their rights back.
They'll vote dem. I say ship em back to Africa. (joke)

HAHAHA. The governor is not the government .. THINK

HAHAHA. The governor is not the government .. THINK

He has to sign off on it, dope.

You don't even understand what a felony is. A guy can have a felony for a victimless crime like illegal drug possession while a super-violent criminal like a drunk-driver who crashes into another car is let off with a misdemeanor!! THINK

LOL.
You mean vote Democrat?

Oh, and another thing, so you admit the Democrat Party is the party of choice for criminals?

Not at all. I am trying to understand your point. There's generally only two choices on a ballot. Obviously you don't feel you vote for 'things a criminal would want' and it's also fairly obvious that you don't vote with democrats. It's the only conclusion that can be drawn.

Why not just simply say you don't want them to vote because you believe they'll vote democrat?

because in the end i really don't care who they don't vote for, as long as they don't vote when they are in the can. Considering I'm ok with them getting the franchise back afterwards, and if they were to vote democrat before they would probably vote democrat after they get out, it becomes a moot point.

Oh, ok. Just as long as they don't 'vote for things a criminal would want'. :laugh2:

Why?

Says who?

Says me.

Why not just admit that you don't want them to vote because you believe they'll vote democrat?

Why will people not admit that they WANT them to vote because they believe they will?

LOL.
You mean vote Democrat?

Oh, ok. Just as long as they don't 'vote for things a criminal would want'. :laugh2:

it's also a matter of not rewarding bad behavior. Why should a person who's been convicted and is incarcerated have a say?

Why?

Says who?

Says me.

Why will people not admit that they WANT them to vote because they believe they will?

I've always thought they should be permitted to vote. Even Republicans.

Says who?

Says me.

I've always thought they should be permitted to vote. Even Republicans.

That's why I didn't single you out.

LOL.
You mean vote Democrat?

it's also a matter of not rewarding bad behavior. Why should a person who's been convicted and is incarcerated have a say?

Voting isn't a reward. They should have a say because they are still citizens with just as much at stake as you or I.

Voting isn't a reward. They should have a say because they are still citizens with just as much at stake as you or I.

Actually voting was initially a reward in most countries. first for owning property, and after for being a conscript in the army.

The idea of universal suffrage/franchise is a new concept even in this country (by new I mean in the last century or so).

If you look at the Constitution there is no affirmative right to vote, only certain prohibited restrictions on the grant of the franchise.

Eligibility to vote in the United States is established both through the federal constitution and by state law. Several constitutional amendments (the 15th, 19th, and 26th specifically) require that voting rights cannot be abridged on account of race, color, previous condition of servitude, sex, or age for those above 18; the constitution as originally written did not establish any such rights during 1787–1870. In the absence of a specific federal law or constitutional provision, each state is given considerable discretion to establish qualifications for suffrage and candidacy within its own respective jurisdiction; in addition, states and lower level jurisdictions establish election systems, such as at-large or single member district elections for county councils or school boards.

I wonder if felons would vote for candidates who run on a law and order, hard on crime platform?

Forum List

Back