Florida - Want Welfare? Take a Urinalysis

Florida assumes nothing. They stipulate it. It's a mandate.. I see no reason why taxpayer money should subsidize drug use. there isn't any reason. That's why I can't see it.

It is not a mandate from the masses, it is a farce legislative issue inwhich legislature(republicans) are showing how cruel and unusual they can be at a state level.

What is cruel about it? doyathink? What's cruel is expecting men and women to work forty hours a week and then be forced to turn over a part of their paycheck to subsidize drug users.

prove to me that they are using drugs in the first place, then you might have an arguement. Jobs are hard to find. 40 hour a week jobs are hard to find. Try not to be so hard on everyone you hate in advance of even knowing them.

Last edited:
Except they won't use money to buy food. That's why they're where they are. The food goes to the kids, it's the only food in the household.

You make the mistake of assuming these are just people who are having a little fun, and will quit doing that if we withhold food. They won't. Right now the snap program feeds kids of addicts. You eliminate the food, you will have starving children. I promise you. You might be okay with that, I'm not. And it's asinine to pretend it's about saving money when you know it will cost more to put such a plan in place.

We feed the children twice a day in school. You want me to feed the children? I will. Take them out of the drug addicts home. I'm not up to putting taxpayers money in their households so they can buy drugs. What part of that don't you understand????

then the govt. has to pay for the kids to be raped and killed i foster care. Why don't you just start your own azzhole political party and see how far you get with that.

Except they won't use money to buy food. That's why they're where they are. The food goes to the kids, it's the only food in the household.

You make the mistake of assuming these are just people who are having a little fun, and will quit doing that if we withhold food. They won't. Right now the snap program feeds kids of addicts. You eliminate the food, you will have starving children. I promise you. You might be okay with that, I'm not. And it's asinine to pretend it's about saving money when you know it will cost more to put such a plan in place.

We feed the children twice a day in school. You want me to feed the children? I will. Take them out of the drug addicts home. I'm not up to putting taxpayers money in their households so they can buy drugs. What part of that don't you understand????

then they can stay at your house?

It is not a mandate from the masses, it is a farce legislative issue inwhich legislature(republicans) are showing how cruel and unusual they can be at a state level.

What is cruel about it? doyathink? What's cruel is expecting men and women to work forty hours a week and then be forced to turn over a part of their paycheck to subsidize drug users.

prove to me that they are using drugs in the first place, the you might have an arguement. Jobsa are hard to find. 40 hour a week jobs are hard to find. Try not to be so hard on everyone you hate in advance of even knowing them.

well sonnie,, that's what the drug tests are for. to prove or disprove. see? Florida has got it covered.. not on drugs? then you have zero problems do ya??? I don't hate people who work hard jobs 40 hours a week. i stand up for them. There's no reason they should do that and then be forced to hand over a part of that hard earned money to drug users. Tell ya what,, you and Allied pull out what you want them to have and donate. whydonchya?

then they can stay at your house?

No, they become wards of the state, put them in an orphanage

What do they use money for? then? If they don't use money to buy food the children starve.. is that correct????? take the children.

Willow you're coming from a position of supreme ignorance with regards to teh system and how it works.

Taking the children isn't an option. We can't take all the children of all the people who actively ABUSE their children. There's no place to put them. And they DON'T do better when we do take them, they do worse. You would be stunned if you knew how desperate child welfare is for foster parents, and the grade and type of people who sign up to do it. I have seen children left in actively dangerous situations because there was no place to put them, literally.

I don't have a problem with eliminating cash assistance, and if this is about cash assistance only, I could care less. But the SNAP program is what keeps US children from looking like the pathetic waifs in India and Africa. It really does save lives. It also supports farmers and vendors...to make it so only the best of the best can access is a serious mistake, because it's the worst of the worst who must have it. Or you're going to have to start taking the children of addicts into your home on a rotating basis with the rest of your neighbors. I don't think you grasp the numbers, or the depth, of the problem.

Semantics?

Sorry dude...I blow right through consevative word games like butter.

And there's more then enough evidence that big money types are wasted as well.

The schemes they concoct cost us big. Perhaps more then the welfare programs and food stamps.

But it doesn't seem to be a problem with the right wing.

I am not playing games -

I wrote the following question - "Can you imagine how much money would be saved if all 50 states enacted this ?"

And you alleged I made a statement, "I want it in all 50 states."

That isn't what I said. I asked a question.

Any idiot should be able to see this.

Well, nearly any idiot.

Well lets get down the brass tacks then.

You want this for the wealthy as well?

Yes - I think the NFL, NLB, NHL, etc. - all those wealthy capitalists, making $16.1-gazillion dollars a year should continue to be tested.

It's in the rules. They must abide.

Why would you think someone like the CEO of Apple needs a drug test?

Are you fucking insane? That particular individual isn't trying to qualify for a government, taxpayer-funded handout.

Grow a brain.

Seriously.

What do they use money for? then? If they don't use money to buy food the children starve.. is that correct????? take the children.

Willow you're coming from a position of supreme ignorance with regards to teh system and how it works.

Taking the children isn't an option. We can't take all the children of all the people who actively ABUSE their children. There's no place to put them. And they DON'T do better when we do take them, they do worse. You would be stunned if you knew how desperate child welfare is for foster parents, and the grade and type of people who sign up to do it. I have seen children left in actively dangerous situations because there was no place to put them, literally.

I don't have a problem with eliminating cash assistance, and if this is about cash assistance only, I could care less. But the SNAP program is what keeps US children from looking like the pathetic waifs in India and Africa. It really does save lives. It also supports farmers and vendors...to make it so only the best of the best can access is a serious mistake, because it's the worst of the worst who must have it. Or you're going to have to start taking the children of addicts into your home on a rotating basis with the rest of your neighbors. I don't think you grasp the numbers, or the depth, of the problem.

Well, I wouldn't say "supreme ignorance". What I am saying is this. and I know you've heard it before... The TAKERS are OUTNUMBERING the givers. It's just that simple. What's really simple is.. "if you care about your children don't take drugs" you now have to decide in the state of Florida,,, drugs or assistance.. and finally what part of "we feed the kids twice a day in school" didn't you hear?

lol Republicans are such idiots.

You're a dumb motherfucker do you know that??

If I was in your position I would have said: "thats a Fourth Amendment violation" but you're so fucking dumb you have no idea as to what that means.

I don't thik it's a 4th amendment question that GOPers are idiots more like a "these truths to be self-evident".

Yo Vern. You don't have a Constitutional right to welfare. Actually welfare is a violation of the taxpayers right against INVOLUNTARY SLAVERY and their 5th Amendment right not to have the state take money from them - private individuals to give to the parasites , also private individuals.

So you want the privilege? Then waive your rights.

After reading through this thread I regret to inform you all, We are a totally fucked up Nation.
My hats off to all the elected officials who have created this quagmire. They did it and their laughing at us.
So what do we do about it? Keep passing blame, arguing over conservative or Liberal?
I don't have the answer but the conclusion is pretty obvious. We're fucked.

Well, I wouldn't say "supreme ignorance". What I am saying is this. and I know you've heard it before... The TAKERS are OUTNUMBERING the givers. It's just that simple. What's really simple is.. "if you care about your children don't take drugs" you now have to decide in the state of Florida,,, drugs or assistance.. and finally what part of "we feed the kids twice a day in school" didn't you hear?

free and reduced price lunches at schools are being cut due to hard times. That should make willow happy.

After reading through this thread I regret to inform you all, We are a totally fucked up Nation.
My hats off to all the elected officials who have created this quagmire. They did it and their laughing at us.
So what do we do about it? Keep passing blame, arguing over conservative or Liberal?
I don't have the answer but the conclusion is pretty obvious. We're fucked.

suicidebooth.jpg

Bottom line -

To qualify for welfare in Fla., you must be clean of illegal drugs.

I fail to see an issue here?

Of course you have no problem with it, Bode. It's all about getting rid of those pesky poor people. Abortion, starvation, euthanasia...it's all good.

bullshit, it's all about getting freeloading drug users off our backs. you want to support them? send them your checks.

In Nashville, people have been getting evicted from public housing for using drugs for years now. No tests. Just getting caught using or having drugs in the apartment gets you thrown out. Yes, they do routine inspections there just like everywhere. When I was working in the projects I saw many signs on the doors saying 'Drug Eviction.' The person's or family's belongings are taken out and put at the curb where other residents come and pilfer through taking what they want.

See, there's nothing new under the sun. Even in Florida. It seems that the middle class are so far removed from this type of living and environment that all they can really do is speculate about what goes on.

:clap2::clap2::clap2: That's good.. if a person isn't too damn poor to buy drugs then he isn't too damn poor to feed himself.

Forum List

Back