Florida - Want Welfare? Take a Urinalysis

If it reduces welfare checks even by 10%, it will be shrinking government expenses - not expanding them. And that will have a synergistic effect on their offspring.

What's your definition of "a problem" mani?

He can't even provide proof that drug abuse IS NOT a problem....

I'm not the one advocating growing the size and reach of government. YOU ARE DIPSHIT.

Therefore the onus is on you to justify said expansion.

So far all you have provided is ignorance and hatred, in both of which you apparently take great pride.

But whatcha gonna do: :dunno:

I am advocating increasing the size of government? :cuckoo:
Can you provide a link?
To make your search for something that doesn't exist easier, might I suggest sobering up and getting back with us later?

You just said it was a problem. Unless you're claiming to be an idiot.

So go ahead and provide one shred of factual evidence to support this notion. Just one.

Or admit that you can't. Either is fine with me.

Why don't you post proof drug abuse among welfare recipients is NOT a problem and quit activing like a blithering idiot.

This is a good point. Where does all that Welfare cash go? Is it really being spent on the children? Drug Abuse is a huge problem with the Entitlement crowd. If they do test Positive,they should probably be arrested and incarcerated for child abuse. Not getting their Freebies should be the least of their problems in my opinion.

Doesn't Ron Paul want to legalize drugs?

Half of them can't work cuz they can't pass piss tests to get hired in the first place.

It is logical, reasonable and *gasp* downright conservative to demand justification for any expansion of the government's size and reach.

That is all I ask.

Can ANYONE provide a reasonable, logical and convincing justification in this case?

He can't even provide proof that drug abuse IS NOT a problem....

I'm not the one advocating growing the size and reach of government. YOU ARE DIPSHIT.

So far all you have provided is ignorance and hatred, in both of which you apparently take great pride.

Can you provide a link?
To make your search for something that doesn't exist easier, might I suggest sobering up and getting back with us later?

Yes, because you are advocating more government involvement with people who are already involved with the government up to their eyeballs.

This program will be an unmitigated disaster. I promise.

Though of course I don't think drug testing welfare recipients is going to do a lick of good at ALL....

I agree with you. But, look at the outrage in here because of this policy.

That in itself is fun watching. I can imagine what's going on in Florida... LOL :lol:

And while they're at it, why not test them for alchohol, tobacco, and junk food because these are also things they should not be spending our hard-earned money on.

Why do we allow their kids to go to schools that "we' pay for?
Why do we allow them to use public parks, beaches, drinking water...

More government intrusion is welcomed by some if the target of that intrusion is someone else. Has anybody else noticed that little distinction the conservatives are willing to make?

Can you provide a link?

Yes, because you are advocating more government involvement with people who are already involved with the government up to their eyeballs.

Actually, it's cutting waste. Not increasing goverment. I'm sure the Governor knows what he's doing and was well advised.

Can you provide a link?

:lmao:

If you can't even reason for yourself that a government law that imposes restrictions and costs money increases the size of government, then I'm clearly wasting my time.

:rofl:

Can you provide a link?

Actually, it's cutting waste. Not increasing goverment. I'm sure the Governor knows what he's doing and was well advised.

No, it won't cut any waste. Because it will involve hiring an army of people to process the UAs, and to facilitate them. It will involve changing the computer coding systems, HUGE amounts of training...and it will result in more kids being hungry, more exceptions needed, more foster parents needed (well we don't have them, that's not going to change) and ultimately, will result in the need of facilities to house the kids.

It's a huge $$$$$ drain. And it will do nothing except compound the issue. It's not going to fix anything.

Why don't you post proof drug abuse among welfare recipients is NOT a problem and quit activing like a blithering idiot.

This is a good point. Where does all that Welfare cash go? Is it really being spent on the children? Drug Abuse is a huge problem with the Entitlement crowd. If they do test Positive,they should probably be arrested and incarcerated for child abuse. Not getting their Freebies should be the least of their problems in my opinion.

Dr. Paul and I don't agree on everything. If you test positive for Drugs,there's a good chance you're neglecting your children. It could be grounds for arrest and incarceration. Drug abuse and raising Children just don't mix well. And i think Florida is well within their rights to require Drug Testing as a qualification for receiving Welfare benefits.

No, it won't cut any waste. Because it will involve hiring an army of people to process the UAs, and to facilitate them. It will involve changing the computer coding systems, HUGE amounts of training...and it will result in more kids being hungry, more exceptions needed, more foster parents needed (well we don't have them, that's not going to change) and ultimately, will result in the need of facilities to house the kids.

It's a huge $$$$$ drain. And it will do nothing except compound the issue. It's not going to fix anything.

This is precisely why I oppose this law.

What I don't know is why you called it an idiotic position just a couple of posts back.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Grocery stores get a 20-30% profit margain, so that much of the welfare check never reaches the child, while the stores rake in millions. A government commodity store is the answer.

Grocery stores get a 20-30% profit margain, so that much of the welfare check never reaches the child, while the stores rake in millions. A government commodity store is the answer.

^ Stat pulled from Shintao's ass, and factually incorrect.

Grocery stores are notorious for having very very thin margins. The thinnest in all of retail as a matter of fact.

I respectfully disagree with you. I am familiar with the Governor's policies and he is in NO WAY shape or form in favor of any increase in government. I am sure he did his research well prior-to making his correct decision to cut waste in Florida.

Dr. Paul and I don't agree on everything. If you test positive for Drugs,there's a good chance you're neglecting your children. It could be grounds for arrest and incarceration. Drug abuse and raising Children just don't mix well. And i think Florida is well within their rights to require Drug Testing as a qualification for receiving Welfare benefits.

So we should drug test you for your social security check, or any other government benefits we deem important, like driving a car. You really are not thinking through logically of what you are proposing to do here. Aren't you smart enough by now to know you are next on he gov.s list to drug test. That this is setting a legal precedence to rape the 4th Amendment? Geeze dude, I thought you were smarter than this tripe you are laying down.

It does not apply to rental assistance, medicaid, food stamps, etc. It is only for those who get TANF - FREE MONEY. The charitable taxpayers of FL will still continue to pay for their basic needs. If they want to smoke their dope, they're just gonna have to find another way to pay for it.

Some food stamp recipients will trade their stamps for cash at a discount for drugs and alcohol. Happens all the time.

"I'll give you $50 worth of food if you give me $40 in cash." Welfare fraud at its finest.

Republican propaganda, there is no such thing as food stamps to be traded.
What rock have you lived under. I have seen this NUMEROUS times from friends who get Food stamps and trade them for cash because they are short on cash.. I tell them its illegal but they still do it.One person tried to get me to do it . I said NOPE if you need cash I will give you a couple bucks but I am not trading food stamps. It was for diapers for her baby but I am not into doing a crime for that

This is precisely why I oppose this law.

What I don't know is why you called it an idiotic position just a couple of posts back.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

The ACLU will have this in the Supreme Court and overturn it, costing florida millions in legal fees to defend it, lost setting up a program they can't use, and local legal battles of recipients who were denied benefits. Florida is a joke.

If you're doing Drugs and raising Children,you're not only incredibly stupid but you're also a criminal. If these people do test Positive,arrests on charges of Child Abuse should be pursued. Them not getting their Freebies shouldn't be the only issue. There are most likely some very serious problems in the Home.

Can you imagine how much money would be saved if all 50 states enacted this ?

Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure - CNN

Could you imagine the real money we'd save if it was required that Corporate executives do this when applying for government grants or contracts? Or even bailouts?

Gosh.

Billions.

What does that have to do with Florida. If you want to start a policy like this, pick up the phone, dial 911 and pass your suggestion to Obama. Tell him to give GM a piss test

Florida? You posted you wanted it in 50 states..

Maybe you should read your own damned posts.

Forum List

Back