Flynn needs to be "Locked Up!"

By law, Ex Generals in our Military are NOT suppose to do work with enemy foreign Nations and get paid by this foreign nation or an entity of this foreign nation, unless they notify their respective Military Branch, and the Military Branch approves the action, ahead of time.

Flynn was paid by RT, an arm of the Russian propaganda machine, to go to Russia and meet with PUTIN FOR A CELEBRATION/ reward's event...

Flynn was PAID very well for his meeting with Putin...by the RT News.

Flynn never told the Army, and never got permission from the Army, for his meeting with them.

When you can demonstrate the Russia is officially an enemy of the United States, perhaps you would have a point. As far as I know, Congress has never declared war on Russia.

In the Emoluments Clause it doesn't matter... it doesn't say an enemy. It just states a foreign government.
He wasn't a government employee when he was getting paid, so that argument is absurd.

Wrong, I already posted he was still covered under it, and the source is the Department of Defense. You going to call them fake news? It was a memo from them that stated it.

he was still within the grace period of being a U.S. representative that he could not take money from a foreign government.
How long is this grace period?
And to add... the Department of Defense specifically sent out the memo so that retired personnel knew they were still covered under the Emoluments Clause:

"CONCLUSION

The Emoluments Clause to the Constitution applies to all Federal personnel. The Clause prohibits receipt of foreign gifts unless Congress consents such as in the Foreign Gifts and Decorations Act, 5 U.S.C. § 7342. For retired military personnel, the Emoluments Clause continues to apply to them because they are subject to recall. The Justice Department opinions referred to in this paper construe the Emoluments Clause broadly. Specifically, the Justice Department construes the Clause to include not only gifts of travel and food, but also payments such as proportionate profit-sharing. To avoid an Emoluments Clause problem resulting in suspension of retired pay, retired military personnel should seek advance consent through their respective Service consistent with 37 U.S.C. § 908. It is prudent for retired military personnel to obtain advance approval even when there is uncertainty about the Clause’s applicability. Finally, if a retired military member suspects that he or she has violated the Clause, but wants to continue to perform compensated work for a foreign state, he or she should expeditiously seek advance consent for future compensated work, and terminate current compensated employment with the foreign government until such approval is granted. This would be done to avoid increasing the amount of an erroneous payment."

http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/defense_ethics/resource_library/emoluments_clause_applications.pdf

If Congress wants to, they can not only put Flynn in jail...but he would lose all his military retirement pay and benefits.

My opinion, I'm guessing they simply fine him the amount he was paid by Russia and that's it. It will be a compromise between the Republicans and Democrats. That is if Trump doesn't pardon him.
Congress can put people in jail now? Will he get a trial, I would like to see the case litigated.

The grace period depends on what rank they are in the military and how many years they can be called back up after retirement. I believe it is 5 years or 60 years old. Flynn retired in 2014 so that is within 5 years, and he was born in December 1958, making him 58 years old. So he is still eligible to be recalled.

No Congress is the only people that can grant someone and exception to the rule or decide if someone violates it... obviously they don't prosecute them for it... don't act stupid.

Getting paid for providing a service doesn't constitute an "emolument," the last time I checked.

By law, Ex Generals in our Military are NOT suppose to do work with enemy foreign Nations and get paid by this foreign nation or an entity of this foreign nation, unless they notify their respective Military Branch, and the Military Branch approves the action, ahead of time.

Flynn was paid by RT, an arm of the Russian propaganda machine, to go to Russia and meet with PUTIN FOR A CELEBRATION/ reward's event...

Flynn never told the Army, and never got permission from the Army, for his meeting with them.

When you can demonstrate the Russia is officially an enemy of the United States, perhaps you would have a point. As far as I know, Congress has never declared war on Russia.

In the Emoluments Clause it doesn't matter... it doesn't say an enemy. It just states a foreign government.
He wasn't a government employee when he was getting paid, so that argument is absurd.

Wrong, I already posted he was still covered under it, and the source is the Department of Defense. You going to call them fake news? It was a memo from them that stated it.

Getting paid for providing a service doesn't constitute an "emolument," the last time I checked. Furthermore, The Russian government wasn't paying him. Private firms were, so that makes it an even bigger stretch.

It's truly comical to watch how desperate you douche bags are to hang something on Flynn.

he was still within the grace period of being a U.S. representative that he could not take money from a foreign government.
And to add... the Department of Defense specifically sent out the memo so that retired personnel knew they were still covered under the Emoluments Clause:

"CONCLUSION

The Emoluments Clause to the Constitution applies to all Federal personnel. The Clause prohibits receipt of foreign gifts unless Congress consents such as in the Foreign Gifts and Decorations Act, 5 U.S.C. § 7342. For retired military personnel, the Emoluments Clause continues to apply to them because they are subject to recall. The Justice Department opinions referred to in this paper construe the Emoluments Clause broadly. Specifically, the Justice Department construes the Clause to include not only gifts of travel and food, but also payments such as proportionate profit-sharing. To avoid an Emoluments Clause problem resulting in suspension of retired pay, retired military personnel should seek advance consent through their respective Service consistent with 37 U.S.C. § 908. It is prudent for retired military personnel to obtain advance approval even when there is uncertainty about the Clause’s applicability. Finally, if a retired military member suspects that he or she has violated the Clause, but wants to continue to perform compensated work for a foreign state, he or she should expeditiously seek advance consent for future compensated work, and terminate current compensated employment with the foreign government until such approval is granted. This would be done to avoid increasing the amount of an erroneous payment."

http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/defense_ethics/resource_library/emoluments_clause_applications.pdf

If Congress wants to, they can not only put Flynn in jail...but he would lose all his military retirement pay and benefits.

My opinion, I'm guessing they simply fine him the amount he was paid by Russia and that's it. It will be a compromise between the Republicans and Democrats. That is if Trump doesn't pardon him.
Congress can put people in jail now? Will he get a trial, I would like to see the case litigated.

The grace period depends on what rank they are in the military and how many years they can be called back up after retirement. I believe it is 5 years or 60 years old. Flynn retired in 2014 so that is within 5 years, and he was born in December 1958, making him 58 years old. So he is still eligible to be recalled.

No Congress is the only people that can grant someone and exception to the rule or decide if someone violates it... obviously they don't prosecute them for it... don't act stupid.

Getting paid for providing a service doesn't constitute an "emolument," the last time I checked.

He made money from a foreign government because of his position within the U.S. government... it is a direct violation of the clause. Hell the event publicized the event by saying:

"After RT broadcast its 10th anniversary gala in December 2015 – which promoted Flynn's appearance as the officer who once led "the country’s main foreign military espionage organization," alongside NSA whistleblower Ray McGovern and Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein at the head table only feet away from Putin as he made a speech – some senior officials in the intelligence community said it was a shocking judgment call by Flynn."

Flynn Violated Constitution With Russia Speech, Democrats Say

This is an air tight case... you can't defend him.

e·mol·u·ment
əˈmälyəmənt/
noun
formal
  1. a salary, fee, or profit from employment or office.
Last time I checked it does.

If your comment is in reference to Flynn than the absurdity is on you.

Flynn, worthless as he is, must return to duty when called up. If he is able to do so. Old age is the only reason for not showing up. That makes him permanently employed by the military pretty much till the day he dies

I was wrong about the enemy thing,

the Army regulation is for accepting any money from any foreign nation or arm/tool of foreign nation

listen to the video or read the article, it explains it better than I did...

Michael Flynn paid over $30,000 by Russian TV, top House Dem says - CNNPolitics.com

I guess that Flynn was not wiretapped either, eh?
He was definitely caught in the govt's routine surveillance of the Russian operative ambassador....

Whether another warrant was approved for surveillance on Flynn individually for probable cause of committing a crime or for the probability that he was working with an agent of a foreign power, is still unknown, imo.
They still need a warrant, sweetheart. Flynn was a private US citizen.

e·mol·u·ment
əˈmälyəmənt/
noun
formal
No it doesn't. That would make it illegal for anyone like Flynn to earn a living after leaving the service. An "emolument" is money received for doing nothing.

No it doesn't. That would make it illegal for anyone like Flynn to earn a living after leaving the service. An "emolument" is money received for doing nothing.

Wrong. All he had to do was get it approved by Congress before doing it. And there is plenty of ways to make money without getting paid by a foreign government...

He made money from a foreign government because of his position within the U.S. government... it is a direct violation of the clause.

Hell the event publicized the event by saying:

"After RT broadcast its 10th anniversary gala in December 2015 – which promoted Flynn's appearance as the officer who once led "the country’s main foreign military espionage organization," alongside NSA whistleblower Ray McGovern and Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein at the head table only feet away from Putin as he made a speech – some senior officials in the intelligence community said it was a shocking judgment call by Flynn."

e·mol·u·ment
əˈmälyəmənt/
noun
formal

Wrong. All he had to do was get it approved by Congress before doing it. And there is plenty of ways to make money without getting paid by a foreign government...

Radical Right thinks getting paid by anyone is an "emolument."

He was definitely caught in the govt's routine surveillance of the Russian operative ambassador....

Whether another warrant was approved for surveillance on Flynn individually for probable cause of committing a crime or for the probability that he was working with an agent of a foreign power, is still unknown, imo.
No, they didn't need a warrant, if they had followed the law and 'minimized' Flynn's part of the conversation....(not identifying him as the 2nd party, keeping that hidden is minimized)

But seeing that a leaker said there were transcripts of the conversation, this means the conversation was obviously NOT minimized...which means one of two things

-the department messed up and hung on to the identifying tanscripts of the conversation illegally

-or Flynn was a suspect of probably committing a crime, or a suspect of probably being an agent of a foreign power or working with an agent of a foreign power, and a surveillance warrant through the court and Judicial approval, was issued....and this is why we have the written identifying transcripts of Flynn's conversations.

He made money from a foreign government because of his position within the U.S. government... it is a direct violation of the clause.

Hell the event publicized the event by saying:

e·mol·u·ment
əˈmälyəmənt/
noun
formal

Radical Right thinks getting paid by anyone is an "emolument."

No... that isn't what he said. He said the definition which means making money by providing a service that is based off your position of office, which is correct. Thus the Emolument Clause that says a person in the U.S. government can not receive an emolument while a representative of the U.S. government or military from a foreign government without approval from Congress. Emolument is the definition, the clause is something else more direct.

No, they didn't need a warrant, if they had followed the law and 'minimized' Flynn's part of the conversation....(not identifying him as the 2nd party, keeping that hidden is minimized)

But seeing that a leaker said there were transcripts of the conversation, this means the conversation was obviously NOT minimized...which means one of two things

-the department messed up and hung on to the identifying tanscripts of the conversation illegally

-or Flynn was a suspect of probably committing a crime, or a suspect of probably being an agent of a foreign power or working with an agent of a foreign power, and a surveillance warrant through the court and Judicial approval, was issued....and this is why we have the written identifying transcripts of Flynn's conversations.
Well, I agree with your assessment. At this point we do not know all of the particulars.

No, that just keeps him from working for a foreign government. As Trump said, we should put america first, which means buy american, hire american, and work american. Not only does it make sense, it's the law in Flynns case.

Guide to the Constitution

Framers had observed during the period of the Confederation. Louis XVI had the custom of presenting expensive gifts to departing ministers who had signed treaties with France, including American diplomats. In 1780, the King gave Arthur Lee a portrait of the King set in diamonds above a gold snuff box; and in 1785, he gave Benjamin Franklin a similar miniature portrait, also set in diamonds. Likewise, the King of Spain presented John Jay (during negotiations with Spain) with the gift of a horse. All these gifts were reported to Congress, which in each case accorded permission to the recipients to accept them. Wary, however, of the possibility that such gestures might unduly influence American officials in their dealings with foreign states, the Framers institutionalized the practice of requiring the consent of Congress before one could accept "any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from...[a] foreign State."

Flynn scandal intensifies amid documented payments from Russia

The connection between the Comrade and his love affair with Putin goes through Mike Flynn. The Justice Department is being gutted, so I don't look for them to find the collusion. The independent press will need to do the work. The spineless Republicans in Congress will need to be hit with a Huge Rock, before they will relaize that Putin has the Comrade by his short, very short, hairs...

Keep in mind that Obama ordered the investigation completed BEFORE he left office, and I imagine that happened. He preserved intelligence--meaning he didn't turn it all over.

"In the final hours of Barack Obama's presidency, some White House officials reportedly raced to spread and preserve information about possible communications between associates of then-candidate Donald Trump and Russians.The New York Times, citing former American officials, reported that these officials were concerned that the information they were gaining on the Russian meddling in the election and the possible campaign contact could be compromised with the new administration, and they wanted to set up any future investigation with the information. According to The Times, after Obama asked for an investigation into Russian tampering into the elections, officials found some "damning" evidence."
Obama administration reportedly raced to preserve intelligence on possible contact between Russians and Trump associates

By no means is this going away.

General Flynn was also paid 500K as a lobbyist for Turkey. A congressmen sent a letter to Mike Pense advising of this in November.
Top Democrat sent letter to Mike Pence in November warning of Michael Flynn's Turkey lobbying

This administration is jam packed full of foreign interests.

2016-11-17T02-44-42-266Z--1280x720.video_1067x600.jpg

BluesLegend is clearly indicating treason with the Russians is OK. BL should really not put that in writing, I would think.
"Treason with Russians" has got to be the dumbest circumlocution posted in this forum in the last month.
Learned how to spell a word there. Do bad you don't know what it means.

Here I will help you.

cir·cum·lo·cu·tion
/ˌsərkəmˌləˈkyo͞oSH(ə)n/

noun the use of many words where fewer would do, especially in a deliberate attempt to be vague or evasive:

Whereas bripat is the master of it. Just read his long missives of nonsense.

Forum List

Back